Start the petition!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zeroplus
Not-So-Newbie

Start the petition!

Post by Zeroplus » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:29 pm

I love DaizenshuuEX, I love Dragonball. I hate fan boys, even if I love the show. But there is one thing that pisses me off every time daizex updates. I'm tired of reading Mikes updates with him pushing his wide screen hate on his readers. Please let Mike know we no longer want to read his posts if it includes these words: faux-"remastered", "wide screen" with ", or anything else that belittles up coming releases if they are cropped. Or just be more in the middle about the releases.

faux-"remastered" is found 4 times on the main site right now. I like the format, sure I would have liked full screen, but there's nothing I can do about it. So please, raise your voice! Let him know we don't want to hear it anymore!

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:37 pm

omgwtfbbqsauce.

Fyi. Everything Mike has said is in truth...FACT. They are 'faux'-remastered, and it's been proven countless times. It's cropped, and it's wrong, but some people like it, and some despise it. Big deal? There's no need to start a petition against Mike for stating truth, and fact. This is ridiculous. :lol:

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:43 pm

It's his site, he can update it however he wants. Considering that he went through the trouble of creating the website in the first place and maintaining it for ten years, making and moderating this forum for the last few years, and running a weekly podcase for almost three years now, I think you ought to forgive him his eccentricities.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:46 pm

I'm... not sure what to think of this. Or if I should even BE thinking of this.

As a general liker of the Season Sets, the constant, degrading jabs at them at every opportunity are starting to get old and a little annoying, I'll admit. But at the same time, I know they kinda deserve it, and I'm not so childish and rash to think it's something that needs be "crusaded" against.

But basically what these two guys have already said. It's Mike's site; he can use whatever "clever" little quips he wants to describe things, and so long as they're not incredibly rude or vulgar, or an outright lie, then I and most of us have no problem.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:50 pm

Like Herms said, this is Mike's site, he can do whatever the heck he wants with it.

I like the widescreen, too. Granted, it's not "The way it was meant to be seen" but I still think it looks nice. And if EX disagree's, then he can write that on his site if he wants. It's his site.

Now, would you still be doing this, if EX praised the remastering? I don't really think you would(I could be wrong, though). You wouldn't mind if he was pushing your opinion, would you? Of course not. I think this is just an example of not liking a differing opinion. We all get like this, that's why we have such debates in the LAM thread and the Boxset threads. :wink: [/i]
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

kusakun004
Beyond Newbie

Post by kusakun004 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:59 pm

It's his website. So, yeah. Nothing can change what he wants to say. I personally don't mind it since it is true and I am used to watching it fullscreen on CN and I-channel (which I miss :cry: ). I wouldn't support a petition for that anyway.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:03 am

Please make a petition against my website.

While you're at it, please point out any and all factual inaccuracies in the following update which likely prompted you to make this thread.
Me, tonight, on my own website, which I own, operate, and pay for wrote:With regards to the upcoming DBGT "remastered" boxsets from FUNimation, the important point we wanted to get across is that the trailer (linked in last week's update), which is present on the Blu-ray release of the Bardock/Trunks "remastered" TV specials, is encoded and presented in a 4:3 aspect ratio. This is important to note due to the fact that, as we've noted time and time again, despite FUNimation's lack of the phrase "widescreen" in all of their recent commercials/trailers for the DBZ season sets, all of those presentations are themselves displayed in a 16:9 aspect ratio.

While this is far from an actual and official confirmation that these new DBGT sets will be in the correct 4:3 aspect ratio, it's none-the-less interesting and entertaining to watch this saga continue to unfold as the years progress.
Additionally, I've moved this to the "General Discussion" area of the "Daizenshuu EX" section, as it relates exclusively to the website. Please be sure to re-read the forum rules (which you agreed to prior to registration) for a reminder on how this forum works and what is expected of all our members and fellow fans. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

desirecampbell

Re: Start the petition!

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:28 am

Zeroplus wrote:I like the format, sure I would have liked full screen, but there's nothing I can do about it. So please, raise your voice! Let him know we don't want to hear it anymore!
One, there is something you can do about it: refuse to buy the releases. That's capitalism; if people buy it Funi is vindicated. You can make a difference with your wallet.

Two, if you don't want to hear it anymore, don't. You aren't forced to listen to the podcast or read the site.

Dizrythmia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dizrythmia » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:46 am

It was Mike talking about the widescreen crap & the fact that the Japanese releases have a gorgeous quality image that has made me start buying them from CD Japan instead of this crap Funi push on us. You go Mike, keep informing people!!!

You don't like it, then don't pay attention to it. It's one person's opinion & there's no rule against having one of your own. I just happen to agree with Mike.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:49 am

I refuse to sign your petition and will say one thing in response if my opinion is needed:
I will use your petition for toilet paper as I am out and too lazy to go get a roll in my bathroom closet. Good thing I saw this worthless thing here...lol. In all seriousness though, you are being a giant retard trying to get Mike to change his opinion. You could have emailed/PM'ed him and argued your point. You didn't. You could have gone and made a thread on your veiws and you forgot to do that too. You could have listened to the podcast and learned somthing. If all those failed you could have "Lurked MOAR" which is "to spend time on a place reading the stuff and doing searches of material to find information" which is GOOD and SAVES TIME and HAIR. If this is your only contribution we don't need you here. We don't shout down opposition, but merely demand basic intellegence and reading capability.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:50 am

God I hate the audacity of some people who are able to barge into a website demanding the creator bend to their whim. Nothing sums up my feelings better then two words "Fuck Off".
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:10 am

Before I join in hate storm, I just want to know, did you ask any individual people if they agreed with you on this question, or are you just assuming that others feel the same way as you? By this I mean via PM's or e-mails, not just reading other people's rants, because yes a lot of people disagree with Mike's opinion on the season sets, but I don't think that anyone besides you feels that he shouldn't voice his opinions on his own site.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:28 am

I think the term "faux remastered" is quite accurate.

The process itself actually causes new problems with the image quality, which means as a remastering process, it's a complete and utter failure.

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:05 am

While I certainly don't agree with everything Mike says, he runs an exceptional site and updates on every aspect of Dragonball (Z, GT) imaginable. While keeping a forum with thousands of members running smoothly, he deserves some respect.

I like you, had hoped to have the sets in fullscreen. However, I didn't go out and buy them regardless. I have every right to complain (which I won't do because there are tens of topics about widescreen VS fullscreen), you on the other hand bought the sets anyway and are now trying to tell us/Mike, that you don't want us to make you feel bad for your purchase? (not exactly what you said, but I have a sneaking suspicion)

The sets are not re-mastered, please don't kid yourself.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:49 am

Well, it's not like anyone is forcing you to go to this site. If it's that big a deal to you, nothing's stopping you from going somewhere else.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Genki-Dama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Genki-Dama » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:52 am

I don't think we'll ever see this guy on the forums again. :lol:

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:30 am

This thread is complete bullshit, so I think I can ask random questions lol.

1. You guys think Toei or Foei will ever release a full cell image DVD?

2. Don't you guys think that after Z widescreen and DBGT fullscreen, and who knows what Dragoball will be (I can't imagine that Dragonball would be Fullscreen, since it's way older than Z, so it should be pretty damaged too) that Dragonball Z will be released again in Fullscreen lol and after that they'll do blu ray.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:53 am

shotkeeper wrote:This thread is complete bullshit, so I think I can ask random questions lol.
False.

To bring things back on topic, any and all examples pointing out our excessive factual inaccuracies would not only help our website (and our visitors!) by pointing us towards more accurate data, but it would also strengthen the petition's case against us. Let me know what I can do to help.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:44 am

Zeroplus, I gotta say I actually like the widescreen look. It's mostly because my TV is widescreen so it just looks better (in my opinion).

With that said I also understand that yes, these sets are really fucked up. I know the images are cropped and I know the "re-mastered" process was pretty much running the film through a machine. It's not like Mike just made that up. Those are facts. These really aren't re-mastered.

If you like these sets, thats fine. But, you have to understand they really are fake re-masters. :?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:36 pm

VegettoEX wrote:To bring things back on topic, any and all examples pointing out our excessive factual inaccuracies would not only help our website (and our visitors!) by pointing us towards more accurate data, but it would also strengthen the petition's case against us. Let me know what I can do to help.
I know this isn't really a "factual inaccuracy", but I would like to say that I feel that if you included some screenshot comparisons between the original Funi DVD's, the season sets and maybe even the Dragonboxs people would be more interested reading everything you have to say about the sets. I also know from looking at several of these comparisons throughout the web that in some cases the remastered Funi DBZ footage does look better than the original Funi release.

I'm sure that if you use comparisons like this to show the differences between the seasons sets and other releases and how in some cases and in some aspects each one looks better than the other people like Zeroplus who are obviously looking for examples where the season sets can be praised would be satisfied.
Last edited by SSj_Rambo on Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.