Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: Your Kanzenshuu (prev. "Daizenshuu EX") Introduction

Post by Herms » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:41 am

Careless Saiyajin wrote:ps. ps. Just realized the last post was last week, hope it's ok that I posted this late on the thread.
It's OK, with sticky threads it doesn't matter when the last post was. Even with ordinary threads, as long as the last post was within the last two months there's nothing wrong with posting. It's only when a thread has been inactive for many months or even years that we don't like people suddenly posting in them again.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:20 pm

Herms wrote:
Careless Saiyajin wrote:ps. ps. Just realized the last post was last week, hope it's ok that I posted this late on the thread.
It's OK, with sticky threads it doesn't matter when the last post was. Even with ordinary threads, as long as the last post was within the last two months there's nothing wrong with posting. It's only when a thread has been inactive for many months or even years that we don't like people suddenly posting in them again.
Thanks for the heads up! If i somehow make a mistake i will be sure to correct it, this is a great community i'm looking forward to all discussion and future Dragon Ball events.

kamenriderneko

Post by kamenriderneko » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:06 am

Hello everyone!

Been a huge Dragon Ball fan since the first time I ever saw Goku fighting Frieza on the television in Mexico. I was around 10 or so. During high school, I was really into DBZ, so much so that my binders were covered in DB pics. It was also when I really started getting into drawing all the time. My main exposure to the series was Daizenshuu EX, Planet Namek, Meri's Temple O' Trunks website and Juuhachigou's Place of Being. Too bad two out of four of those sites don't exist anymore. Also, as much as I have been into other series lately (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, One Piece...), Dragon Ball will always hold a special place in my heart.

Not sure why I haven't joined a DB forum yet, but I've been seeing this one around for a while and I also enjoy listening to the podcasts, so I figured I should finally join. Looking forward to getting to know you guys!
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
*Art Tumblr*Cosplay Page*

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:25 am

Hello Ladies and Gentlebots!

I've been an avid fan of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and even Dragon Ball GT for as long as it's been in the US. DBZ at the start of course. I've loved the show from day one, while I mostly enjoy it for the funi dub, I have gone through and watched DBZ in Japanese just to have an appreciation for it. I've always tried to keep my enjoyment of the fandom to what it was back in middle school (The hayday of the fandom for me.) Where I'd run up to my friends all excited and we would gush over the new episode and be all 'DID YOU SEE THE NEW EPISODE?! IT WAS SO COOL WHEN GOKU BLASTED THAT GUY!' and I still treat it like that. In recent years I've been finding less and less people to have discussions with it so I came here to find enjoyable like minded people and to be honest...I haven't been disappointed. The community is great and I enjoy the discussion a lot!

Hope to enjoy it for many years to come! :thumbup:
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Piririn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Piririn » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:38 am

Hey, all.

I'm popping back into the online DB fandom after about a decade away. I became a fan in 1999 and was active in the community until around 2005 (fanworks, forums, etc). I deeply miss the old days... But times change and that era ain't coming back.

I moved on to other things, but I kept up to date with the series' news through Daizex and, later, Kanzenshuu. So I'm up to speed. ^_^

DarkWolfe

Post by DarkWolfe » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi everyone,

First time poster, Long time listener. I may have surfed threw the site a few times, but being aware of it was not until after I was listening to the podcast after buying my first Ipod and stumbled across it by searching for Dragon ball. I didn't think I would be much into podcast but they was free so I started downloading them as well as a few others and really got into listening to DaizEX.

long story short I had moved in with my grandparents and bought my grandads place then is when I started unpacking more of my stuff that was stored away. I did not think my Ipod would work for being put away for couple of years. I charged it up worked fine and got back to listening to the podcast from the very beginning. I'm almost all caught up between listening to them to and from work, while at work after all the people on day shift leave :twisted:.

I did happen to stumble onto the site from time to time to check random info. I use to search a lot when we first got the internet on stuff I was into then. My best Friend in middle school really got me into DBZ when I first seen it I remember seening it when I was real young on TV it might have been when we had antenna or just got Primestar (Satellite). I would get up at around 5am to watch Transformers and I remember seeing this spiky haired kid in a blue outfit and some loud girl on adventures it came on either before or after Transformers. It being a cartoon I watched it anyways with Mario brothers and transformers. I do tend to Rant and Trail at time though this is the shortest I could give as my introduction. it has been awhile since I had been on forums. where I use to post kinda died out and got way to confusing.

Crystal Dragon

Post by Crystal Dragon » Fri May 15, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi fellow Dragon Ball fans, I'm Crystal Dragon. First time I ever saw Dragon Ball Z... I didn't like actually. It was because of my age and I couldn't understand what was going on because the anime was in the Buu Saga the first time I watched it. After playing The Legacy of Goku and Dragon Ball Z Sagas (my first Dragon Ball Z video game) I began to understand the series more.

For how I found out about the website, I actually stumbled upon it a few days ago looking for Dragon Ball Heroes related artwork at school.

Sanyo96

Post by Sanyo96 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:24 am

I've watched just about all of the Dragon Ball series (GT included) while they were airing on Toonami in the early 2000's.
I've been a lurker on this site for the past few years and just recently made an account, hope we'll get along.

BojGrass
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BojGrass » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:34 pm

So, I guess I'm what? Two years late for posting here? And if you really want to be technical I've been hanging around this website for the last ten years, so I'm really late on an introductory thread post.

I always seem to rediscover it every time my interest in the series sparks back up. Most recently was literally days after the news broke on Battle of Gods. I thought "I wonder if they're going still yet?" Sure enough it was. There haven't been any hiatuses since either. :P

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi! Posting an intro, since it seems like a reasonable thing to do.

I first started watching DB/DBZ around 1998 when it was being broadcast in Peru. I loved it -- eventually around the end of the Namek Saga there was a lull in Syndication before the got new episodes so I went on this newfangled thing at the time called the Internet to search for episode summaries and spoilers. I remember coming to VegettoEX's site back when it still had that name, and watching his AMVs. Eventually I went to college and stopped having as much time for anime/manga, but would periodically peek back in every time things like Kai, JSAT, etc. were coming out. I loved the Manga Review of Awesomeness, especially, and would occasionally play a DB video game (I like Dragon Ball Origins a lot).

I've sort of gotten back into DB through Tumblr/fanart, also because of Jaco and the new movies that came out. But once the announcement of Super came about, I realized I needed somewhere to be able to actually talk about this stuff since my real-life friends aren't into DB anymore. So yeah. extremely long time lurker, finally posting. (I mean, it is possible I had a username at some point in a long-dead email, but I don't recall that being the case).

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Welcome to the forum, everyone! I look forward to seeing your posts! :D
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Lex

Post by Lex » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:22 am

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and also to Kanzenshuu overall. As many of you, DB has been a huge part of my childhood, but for many years it has kinda disappeared. It came back as an interest again in 2013, after watching Battle of Gods in theaters and consequently got to re-start watching the whole series again. I actually found Kanzenshuu by ''accident'', when searching for a good DB website. And may I say, I found the best one :clap:

Anyways, hope to be part of the community, know you guys and have fun :)

smolnamekian

Post by smolnamekian » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, I guess. I've been lurking here for some time and decided to get an account because why not?

Anyway, I'm smolnamekian, and I've only recently got back into the DBZ fandom. I watched Dragon Ball growing up and sort of stopped watching DBZ for a while, but ever since new content started coming out recently, I thought it was a good idea to jump back in. I enjoy the discussions here and hope that I can contribute to them.

I also have a tumblr (currently it's overloaded with a bunch of DBZ stuff and related nonsense) at http://www.spiritbathbomb.tumblr.com. I like to draw, so if you have something in mind (or just want to chat there), please feel free to drop in a request! I'll get to it as soon as I can.

I look forward to being a part of this community. You seem like a fun bunch here! :)
tumblr: http://www.spiritbathbomb.tumblr.com
go there if you wanna see my dumb musings and fan art

DragonDuck
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DragonDuck » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Well … I'm probably a few months late on introducing myself, but … anyways.

My name is DragonDuck (Of course, that's not my real name, but I digress …) I have also been lurking for some time now, but around the time of the reveal of Fukkatsu no "F"',I deceded to get an account.

I discovered the site (DaizEX if I remember correctly) around 2011, when Dragon Ball Z was being rebroadcast here in Denmark. I was always very excited to find out more about the show's background at the time, so I would always lurk around here after I had watched an episode, reading all kinds of stuff. I sorta lost interest in the series when I realized the rebroadcast would get nowhere past Episode 104, but recently, after the franchise suddenly rose up again, I decided to finally read the manga in its entireity, and all the while, I rediscovered DaizEX, now KANZENSHUU!
Champion of 2nd Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenka'ichi Budokai

There should be a witty quote or something down here. I'm just not imaginative enough to come up with anything.

soleil444
Beyond Newbie

Post by soleil444 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:35 am

Hi every one, i have a long story with DB

I discover DBZ in first time by accident in a book, after that i watched it also by accident in polonese channel. After few months, they (channel polonese) stopped DBZ, it was not cool. After years, my friend offer me many DVD of DBGT. I said: so amazing! they have not a DBZ but a GT! cool franchise! :mrgreen:
I discover also a DB original & DBS. For me, best serie is DBZ, but best theme is DBS. Most cooler serie is DB original (childhood of Goku) & most bigger and preferated transformations are on DBGT. I like so much this universe :thumbup:

I dicover your site/board by accident, i search a review about an DBS episode and the guy put on his site your link as a reference/source, so i come here & i see that it was good board/site for DB fans. Nice job! sorry for my english if i make false.
Please understand: it's my first time on an english board about DB & i have a very very bad english!! thanks

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:34 pm

I think I'd heard of this site for a while. The first time I remember it was when someone linked to the Intended Endings Guide on a comment on youtube to dispel all of those rumours. I thought it was interesting, but I assumed Kanzenshuu was mostly a news site, so I didn't look that far.

Then KaiserNeko linked to the 30th anniversary magazine on Twitter, and when I saw it, I was hooked. "Wow," I thought, "There are people who actually analyse Dragon Ball, and know all these details that I'd never even heard of? There are people who talk about the Japanese version on its own?" I didn't know there was a part of the fandom that was like that.

I registered for the forums in December 2014. My account was never verified, but I assumed they'd get to it. After almost a year, I decided they must have missed it and contacted VegettoEX on twitter. He immediately verified it, and now I'm here! :D
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:53 pm

MozillaVulpix wrote:I think I'd heard of this site for a while. The first time I remember it was when someone linked to the Intended Endings Guide on a comment on youtube to dispel all of those rumours. I thought it was interesting, but I assumed Kanzenshuu was mostly a news site, so I didn't look that far.

Then KaiserNeko linked to the 30th anniversary magazine on Twitter, and when I saw it, I was hooked. "Wow," I thought, "There are people who actually analyse Dragon Ball, and know all these details that I'd never even heard of? There are people who talk about the Japanese version on its own?" I didn't know there was a part of the fandom that was like that.

I registered for the forums in December 2014. My account was never verified, but I assumed they'd get to it. After almost a year, I decided they must have missed it and contacted VegettoEX on twitter. He immediately verified it, and now I'm here! :D
Welcome to the forum! :)
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:10 pm

DoomieDoomie911 wrote:
MozillaVulpix wrote:I think I'd heard of this site for a while. The first time I remember it was when someone linked to the Intended Endings Guide on a comment on youtube to dispel all of those rumours. I thought it was interesting, but I assumed Kanzenshuu was mostly a news site, so I didn't look that far.

Welcome to the forum! :)
Yeah hope you have a good time on it :thumbup:
(Sidenote: I thought I had it bad with a 3 week wait time :silent: )
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

divad86

Post by divad86 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:13 pm

Hello. I've been on the board for around a month now but I'm just now getting around to introduce myself. :lol: my first experience of Dragon Ball was when DBZ debuted on Toonami back in 1998. I was a big fan of the series and would hurry home from school every weekday to watch it and Dragon Ball. I don't think I would be a fan of anime if it weren't for this series. When DBZ ended it's run on TV I branched out into other anime and pretty much abandoned the series. :( Then a few years ago I came across the Dragon Ball manga and I was surprised at how the art and pacing was so much better than its TV counterparts. From then on I guess you can say I was a born again fan of Dragon Ball. :D Sometimes I have these insecurities, that I should like all aspects of Dragon Ball and not just the manga or I should like the TV Series more. I guess I get the feeling that if I don't like this certain thing people won't accept me or something. :crazy: I'm trying to fix this and I hope joining the forum will fix it even more. I guess I should just learn to think for myself and not think what others think. :)

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:47 pm

Hello people, I'm Desassina (deh-zah-seen-ah), which is Portuguese for "unsign". It started as a pun with Design, because some english verbs have the opposite meaning when you add "de" (dematerialize, decompose, deface), and so I thought that a Designer should be the opposite of an author, who signs. I'm from Portugal and have been following the english dub from the Blu-Ray releases and Kai, eagerly waiting for the Buu saga. I'm not picky, both the manga and the anime can be used for discussion, because I don't believe Akira Toriyama's property would have been butchered under his approval, and since I'm in to have fun, I might as well consider everything from its universe. I love to write and draw, but there's no Dragon Ball fan fiction from me, which is a good thing :P I also tend to write about games, make suggestions for old systems, and discuss the mechanics of what I would like to program, but still can't. Hopefully, I'll realize that I should waste my time on better things, but until then, allow me to empty my soul.