Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Your Kanzenshuu (prev. "Daizenshuu EX") Introduction

Post by BluePiccolo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Hey guys, brief intro

I was lurking the forums for the past couple of months and finally decided to join the fun because I had some questions about DB stuff and there's generally just so much to say about the ongoing DBS!
I'll be joining some conversations shortly.
I'm also looking forward to being a part of the community here because it just seems like a very nice and organized place. I'm most impressed by the general expertise and DB knowledge shown by many and overall literacy level.
Good to be here.

See you around Universe 7!
\o/ Check out my Unboxing videos of high quality DBZ related stuff from Japan. \o/

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 pm

Hello!

First post here having been a long time lurker and even longer time fan of all things Dragon Ball (seriously, dating back to when I was in high school in the early 2000s). I recently decided to join the forums since, well, there isn't really anywhere else with such a healthy community discussion. My interest in the series has been renewed with the coming of Super and I'm excited to finally be able to discuss it with other fans as it goes on.

ther2view

Post by ther2view » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:24 am

Not much to say that my signature doesn't already say. I'm relatively new to Dragon Ball in general, and ESPECIALLY the Japanese side of things. So far the most of Dragon Ball I've seen in the original Japanese is the current run of Super, and that is because that is the only current option. However, once I gather all 7 Dragon Boxes, I'll finally watch the show as was intended.
Dragon Ball fan since 2013, Favorite show since 2015.
Favorite series: original Dragon Ball; Favorite Movie: Battle of Gods; Favorite Game: Advanced Adventure
Favorite character: Kuririn; Favorite Villain: Cell
I've watched everything dubbed, and all of GT, Super, the movies and specials, and half of Original Dragon Ball subbed. I've also read through the whole manga and Dr. Slump. Will watch all of Z subbed once I collect the last three Dragon Boxes.

sjuf1jones

Post by sjuf1jones » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:49 am

Hey!

Been a fan of Dragon Ball since the early 2000's. I've watched all of Dragon Ball Z/GT and the movies. Haven't finished Dragon Ball yet, but working on it. I currently live in Japan so I watch Super on TV every Sunday here in Japan. Also, I'm a huge fan (close to obsessed) with Dragon Ball Heroes. Currently own 5 binders full of cards. Would love to meet others who actually collect and play DBH! Found Kanzenshuu about 2 or 3 years ago. I've been lurking around the Kanzenshuu site and forum for a while and glad to join!

Dotogam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dotogam » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:53 am

Hello there! I am Dotogam (don't ask) and I love dragon ball! My introduction to dragon ball was with the Boo Arc. I saw the episode where Goten went SSJ and Gohan looked so surprised. I had no idea what was going on but it seemed cool. This happened while I was waiting for Metal Fight Beyblade to come on. I didn't see anything else until a few months later when my friends started imitating Kamehamehas and Galick Guns with their hands. They told me it was called Dragon Ball and I should watch it. I did and I was a fan immediately. I am 11 years old and I live in India (Yes I am that young). I hope to enjoy everything Kanzenshuu has to offer.
How I relax, crawling into bed with my laptop and browsing Kanzenshuu.

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Hey all, this is my first post! I've been a long time lurker of this site. I've also been a Dragon Ball fan since the late 90s. Currently, I'm watching DBS each week.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

soleil444
Beyond Newbie

Post by soleil444 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:07 pm

Hello to all, i found your site accidentally when i search in Google about a thing about Dragon Ball, very good site. :thumbup:
Please understand: it's my first time on an english board about DB & i have a very very bad english!! thanks

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:39 pm

soleil444 wrote:Hello to all, i found your site accidentally when i search in Google about a thing about Dragon Ball, very good site. :thumbup:
soleil444 wrote:Hi every one, i have a long story with DB

I discover DBZ in first time by accident in a book, after that i watched it also by accident in polonese channel. After few months, they (channel polonese) stopped DBZ, it was not cool. After years, my friend offer me many DVD of DBGT. I said: so amazing! they have not a DBZ but a GT! cool franchise! :mrgreen:
I discover also a DB original & DBS. For me, best serie is DBZ, but best theme is DBS. Most cooler serie is DB original (childhood of Goku) & most bigger and preferated transformations are on DBGT. I like so much this universe :thumbup:

I dicover your site/board by accident, i search a review about an DBS episode and the guy put on his site your link as a reference/source, so i come here & i see that it was good board/site for DB fans. Nice job! sorry for my english if i make false.
Oops :lol: .
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

soleil444
Beyond Newbie

Post by soleil444 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:14 am

Interesting comment. :D They are 2 times of discovering: Google and another site of fans, in google i see the link but not clic on it, on fans site i clic on it. :wink:
Please understand: it's my first time on an english board about DB & i have a very very bad english!! thanks

MostcallmeRay

Post by MostcallmeRay » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:37 am

Hiya there, everyone!

I'm new to the forum(hell, I'm new to forums in general). I have a history with Dragon Ball.

Back then, I used to watch Dragon Ball Z back in 2004 alongside my brothers. Unlike them, ironically enough, I wasn't too interested in it after a couple of episodes. So for many years, I never really cared for the series as a child. Then 2009 came along with Dragon Ball(Z) Kai where my friends in school got hooked in it before it caught up to me. It took a while to get used to before I love it. I only remember about the same year up to 2011 watching and loving the old FUNimation dub.

2011 was also the year where I started to roleplay Son Gohan back on Facebook(with a rather horrible history back in the days). I remember a point getting stale with the franchise until around 2013 where I finally not only finished the series, but also watched the Japanese version and fell in LOVE with it. Funny enough, the same year, before that, is where I got better RPing Gohan from then on forward. :D About Super, I'm not really too interested in it, but I'll check on here from time to time to see how the Champa Arc is doing.

This website I never knew about until around 2015 I believe? And I was a big Dragon Ball fan, so I didn't know how I missed this. It was thanks to probably TFS or DidYouKnowGaming that I knew this existed.

I'll cut to the chase; I never knew there would be this many people that know a lot about Dragon Ball, especially more than me throughout my recent lurking through here. So I really got interested in this place and decided to join here, my first ever forum(yeah it took so long).

I really hope to have a great time here on Kanzenshuu and possibly make some friends on here! and I apologize for making this so long...
Admittedly not so active around here, but may come around to the forums from time to time.

More often on Twitter or Discord.
Twitter link is in profile.

DaFleks

Post by DaFleks » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:28 pm

Hi everybody, been following this site/lurking the forums since around 2004 (Daizex). So after over 10 years I've finally decided to register for the forums. I've never been much of a forum person before so this is definitely a new experience for me. Been a fan of the series since about 97' and still a very large fan today. Looking forward to discussing DragonBall with the rest of the board, cheers!

Bulma

Post by Bulma » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:27 am

Hello!

Nice to meet you all.

I've known the Daizenshuu EX webpage since a long time ago, I guess early 2000. I live in the end of the world, literally, a thord-world Southamerican country, so the internet became massive in the very late 90's. My native language is spanish (that's why my english is very bad), and I used to be a very active member of the spanish speaking community boladedragon.com (they were Spanish based, but the community was from Spain and all over Latin America).

Dragon Ball fan since the mid 90's.

Greetings!
I am not an english speaker and I'm self-taught. Please excuse my awful grammar, I'm doing my best to improve.

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Afternoon.

I have finally decided to join this forum after lurking for years.

I knew of Kanzenshuu back when it was "Daizenshuu EX". I don't remember exactly how I found this site, but one of the earliest memories I have was when I clicked on one of those "Shocking Dragon Ball Twists! Inconsistencies with Daizenshuu EX" videos.

Initially, I stayed away from the site due to the supercilious attitude some individuals had for the Original Japanese version of Dragon Ball. I only read the news on the main page at the time. Nevertheless, I appreciated the amount information and guides that was present on the website.

The Dragon Ball franchise was familiar to me since the late 1990's, but that's a story for another time...

Given the recent resurgence in the franchise, I thought it was the right time to interact with other fans, which was rare when I was younger.

I look forward to communicate with the rest of you and share our common appreciation for Dragon Ball.
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:11 am

I made a "Piccolo the Super Namek" Facebook page about 5 years ago, and it caught on overtime. Engaging with fans throughout the years lead me to meet a friend who is a regular on this site. He told me to sign up, but I delayed it for quite a while. I was simply reading the forums I found interesting, but then I finally decided to join. I'm really enjoying my experience thus far. I listen to your podcasts while I'm on the road (my job requires me to travel a lot), and I learned so much more about Dragonball that I haven't known before. As a matter of fact, I listened to the interview that Geekdom had with Hujio, and they were talking about the history of this site which I found interesting.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:14 am

Hi everyone! So happy to be here.

I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and I've watched every single thing about DB universe, since I was a little kid, around 1996 or 97.

Looking forward to be part of this awesome community and share some thoughts and theories with you.

Nice to meet you all!

MajinPlanet

Post by MajinPlanet » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Hello everyone, let me introduce myself given my user name is of Majin Planet I go online by the name The NU which is short for Neckar Unrivaled. To answer the question of how I got here, why I'm here and what I plan to bring to the table in terms of discussions, etc. I first visited the website way back. I want to say it was 2003 maybe but I can't be 100% sure of when. Back in those days I use to run two websites myself one just a random mess of everything and anything I enjoyed and a Dragon Ball Z Fan site which I was really horrible at running. Long story short in my 20 years building websites I've done just that; made websites but never did catch the bug of taking the time to put out good content. Shame on me I suppose.

Anyways I wasn't a big forum person and for the most part I kept to myself so I never did join any communities until about 2004 to which by 2005 I kept to my own forum on Majin Planet until about 2008 when I went as they say dark. I left the community and that was about it for me for a long time. I moved on to other things. However I always did keep track of this website and for a long time it was the one thing that kept me sort of in the loop of new dragon ball content. In fact I heard about kai from this website.

I was always amazed at this website, watching it grow and change into the website it became today. Seriously this is the best DBZ fan site out there. Something I myself wish to have myself but I have learned from watching this site keep going strong even when all the others disappeared. In case anyone remembers them such sites like Dranet, SaiyanZRage, PBX Anime, DBZ Warriors, Black Goku and Secret Saiyan just to name a few that I can remember. Back then I remember it was all about the fandom and most of them once DBZ ended and GT not doing so well here they slowly died out. Some still existed for a long time but most either went offline or stay as a ghost site. And those where the websites that I myself thought where the top dogs, got the most traffic, etc. Yet I know there are millions of smaller lesser know websites out there that have just as much passion and love for the series as we all do.

Making the choice to come here was a little hard for me. First off I don't want anyone thing I'm trying to gain traffic by coming here. No I came here to put myself back into the community, to learn something new and be part of something bigger than myself. I'm thrilled to be here right now!

Anyways I'm hoping to make some friends here, bring some good discussions to the website and hopefully have some fun. Maybe some of you have dragon ball fan sites. No matter how big or small even if you haven't touched it in years. I'd like to know about it. As I am looking and actively searching for fan sites to add to my link database of my own site.

Well I think that's enough of that now. I'll be browsing around looking to where I can come in and answer questions or maybe even ask some myself. After all learning about this series is always growing and I'll never stop learning about it.
I'm a gamer and writer. I enjoy web design and love to have fun!

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:19 am

I think I had no idea such a thing existed.

Well, 2 years too late.

I am Cetra. I have started visitin forums back in August 2004 and my greatest spare-time activity is everything concerning Square Enix' franchise Final Fantasy. However, my main genre of interest are RPGs in general.
I also have a still relatively small Livestreaming Channel where I stream RPGs, Cinematic Movie games, Horror and Action:

https://www.twitch.tv/yakusoku_no_ji/profile

I started with Dragon Ball back in like 2000 or 2001 I think. Back then my brother had the first 8 volumes of the manga and he gave them to me. Afterwards I started to buy the rest, watched the anime and was really sad when it was over. Then when I realized Dragon Ball GT existed and it was shown here in 2006 I decided to watch it. To be honest I was disappointed because I wanted it to be more like Z but years after I started to love it. I wanted to join a Dragon Ball forum so here I am and now I try to be up to date about Dragon Ball Super.

What else is there to say? I also have my own Dragon Ball story but I have no real time to draw the doujinshi for it.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

rashrash

New to the Forums

Post by rashrash » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Nice to meet you all My name is Rashid as you can see am new to the forum a quick background of me i am from Dubai i am a DBZ fan since 1996 I got into Dragon ball when my uncle Came back from California he was studying there he had the original VHS Japanese subtitles its a shame i lost both the tapes oh quick funny story my mom saw the scene when trunks gives the finger to broly i did that to my mom she beat the shit out of me Guess then i knew it was a bad gesture lol Also thanks to my uncle he ruined my life by giving me a super Nintendo A chrono trigger and breath of fire 1 2 and power rangers the Robot fighting game :twisted:

SaiyàBitō

Post by SaiyàBitō » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:48 am

Ohohoho, silly me I forgot to introduce myself.

Hello there! My name is Kaii. I've been lurking around the Kanzenshuu forums since... about 3 years ago, I'm not really sure. After all that time, I've decided "Aye, why not join in on something I like." I've been a DB fan since 2011 actually. My first discovery of the DB series was... I think one of the commercials was on my television at one point. Then....it got me intrigued. I've searched on what it could be. Took a long time, but I've finally got it and now I've been in love with the series since then. Though, Kai (Chapter/Episode 98) did got me more interested. And well, of course DB Heroes (Game version). After all that, I've grow attatched to it through these years, learning more things, watching more dubbings and such.

We, that's pretty much about me.

It is a pleasure to meet you all. I hope to get to know any of you someday ^^
See - Life is like a ball.

It will keep rolling in time and bounce with excitement. Until, that ball will be flat. You will be weak.

But, don't fret. At time, the ball won't be flat anymore. It'll be round and strong. You, and I mean you, will be strong once again.

PROBABLY NOT ON HIATUS AGAIN BUT WHO KNOWS?

Yeah, thing is that I am always not here and it’s saddening to me. Seriously. I just want to make some great topics and such, yes?

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Hello there. Nice to meet you all. I am TheGodfather93, or Don for short. A little background info on myself is that I am a high school Media teacher, am 22 years old, and live in Perth, Australia. My hobbies include eating, sleeping, writing and practicing Goju-Ryu Karate, which I've been doing for about six years now.

I started watching Dragon Ball Z back when I was still in primary school, on a program called Cheez TV. I was immediately hooked on it, and became a fan pretty quickly. However, my experiences were pretty much limited to watching it on Cheez TV, or occasionally catching it on TV. I didn't get a chance to watch the whole series in its entirety until 2011. After I graduated high school in 2010, I was hit by nostalgia, and decided to attempt to relive my childhood by rewatching shows from when I was a kid. Among them was DBZ. I watched the entirety of the original Funimation dub of Z, followed by Dragon Ball (weird, I know), followed by GT. While I still enjoyed DBZ, I enjoyed Dragon Ball a lot more for its focus on adventure, comedy, and legitimate martial arts. I didn't really enjoy GT all that much. Anyway, this prompted me to start watching several other anime, such as One Piece, Naruto, Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, and the list goes on. Suffice to say, Dragon Ball was my gateway into the anime world.

I was such a big fan of Dragon Ball, that soon after I had rewatched the series, I started reading fanfiction about it. I also decided to rewatch all of DB and DBZ in Japanese, which is now my preferred way of viewing it. While I had already written some fanfiction about One Piece and Naruto, I eventually decided to try writing Dragon Ball fanfiction. I wrote a few oneshots for the series, and am currently working on a fic which is my take on the events of the Buu Saga had Goku survived the Cell Games. If you enjoy reading fanfiction, please give it a try. It's called Rising to the Challenge - The Legacy of Son Gohan. My penname is the same as my username here.

Anyway, while I have been aware of Kanzenshuu for a couple of years, I didn't really know all that much about the site until only a few months ago. I watch quite a few Dragon Ball YouTubers, and they always praise Kanzenshuu as the definitive Dragon Ball site on the internet. My curiosity was piqued, so I figured I'd sign up. I've always wanted to be part of a big Dragon Ball community, so I'm looking forward to getting to know the people here and taking part in discussions.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93