Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Lupin Vegeta

Re: Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

Postby Lupin Vegeta » Thu May 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Never did one of these so uhh, I'm Lupin Vegeta! :mrgreen:

Been a fan of Dragon Ball since the late 90s when I started watching the Ocean Dub on YTV. I think it was the Goku/Vegeta fight that got me hooked. The Goku/Frieza fight took it a step further and turned me into a straight up fanboy for years to come. In the early-mid 2000s I was active on sites like the official Funimation chat, Pojo, and the one I spent by far the most time on - MyFavoriteGames (MFG Forums). The Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi series kept me invested in Dragon Ball content in the following years but as I couldn't afford a next-gen console at the time I stopped getting the games when Burst Limit came out and kind of stopped caring about Dragon Ball for a while as a result.

By the time Battle of Gods came out, I didn't even care enough to watch it immediately. When I did watch it, I absolutely loved it. It was also around this time that I started watching the Japanese subbed material alongside the English dub. The fact that the first two seasons of Super were movie retellings (among other things) kept me from starting Super until deep into its run. When I heard about the ToP arc, the concept sounded like the ultimate Dragon Ball arc and I decided to finally start watching Super so I could experience it. By the time I caught up the show was at episode 111 and from then on I followed the series live. It made me feel like a kid again. I hadn't felt that pure week-to-week new Dragon Ball episode hype since I was in grade school. Came at an opportune time since I've been struggling with depression and needed a distraction from negative thoughts. I'm sad that it's over but with the new movie (and artstyle) on the way I couldn't be more excited and I'm so glad Dragon Ball is on top of the world again.

KeKeKe

Postby KeKeKe » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:49 am

Hi everyone! :wave:

My name is João, I'm 33 years old and I'm from Portugal. I follow the Dragon Ball anime since before it became a huge success here in my country (during the 90's), meaning that I started watching the original Dragon Ball series (the one that describes kid Goku's adventures around the world in search of the seven magical balls) from its very beginning. It turns out that I immediately loved it and got attached to it, so I kept watching it throughout the following series: Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT and, more recently, Dragon Ball Super, including all their movies and specials. Unfortunately, I never read the original manga (the one that covers Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z's stories), even though I'm aware of the many differences between it and its anime counterpart.

Likewise, I know this website since it was still named Kanzentai and I've been a regular visitor of both the site and the forum, often coming back to keep track of all the Dragon Ball-related news and the discussion they have originated here in the forum. Despite this, I was merely a passive reader all over the years and it was not until the last couple of weeks that I decided to finally create an account here. That brings me to this very day, where I'm posting my first comment introducing myself and promising to give my best to contribute in a democratic and respectful way to all the Dragon Ball discussions brought about in this forum.

Best regards and "see" you around! :thumbup:

didigoku

Postby didigoku » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:31 am

Hi Guys !
I am didigoku, i am 27 years old and i'm just a simple fan of Dragon Ball since my childhood from France.
As long as i remember, i have never taken a time to introduce myself. So here i am.
I used to be a great fan of Dragon Ball and and i have been following Kanzenshuu for a long time, since 2006 now. I still remember when i used to type this URL "daizex.com". The main sections i mostly read were the Music Database, the Lyrics and the Rumor guides. By the way, thanks to the Webmaster for always giving reliable information :)

But since i have some other passion, i now follow Dragon Ball news from far.
Besides, in my opinion, i think lot of Dragon Ball related products have known a lack of quality, then made me losing some interest, whatever it was about : new anime series/movies, new soundtracks (theme songs or BGM), new video games etc...
Or maybe i have just been growing up and cannot enjoy Dragon Ball news as i did in my childhood? Because of that, I am now considering myself like one of these oldies that rather watch DB/DBZ/DBGT series instead of "Super" series of whatever else...

I was looking around for some news and i was happy to see now how Kanzenshuu has evolved. So, Long Live Kanzenshuu !

Return to “Website & Community Discussion”