How did you get your username?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

How did you get your username?

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:58 am

I've been around the boards for awhile now, and I've seen many...many...MANY different(and sometimes strange) usernames. So, my question is: How did you come up with your username?

Me? Don't let the username fool you, I'm really a (straight) guy. The day I joined this forum, I had just finished watching the movie "Big Momma's House" with Martin Lawrence. And, not being able to think of any other name, I settled with Big Momma. I've been meaning to ask Mike if I could maybe change it to "Big Poppa" or "Big Daddy"...or "Ralphie", but it's not that big of a deal.

Anyway, share, discuss, username-ify. :D

Be sure to tell us how you got you're avatar(Click Here) as well! :wink:
Last edited by Big Momma on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:33 am

First off, if there was one person I could see starting this thread, it is definitely you (and has been for a while).

Well for me, I have been a long time fan of the Rambo series (and by default, the Rocky series as well), and when trying to come up with my first username (long before I had even found this forum) I was trying to find a name that combined some of my favorite things (with Dragonball obviously being the most favorite). These are the names that I narrowed it down to:

LSSj4Broly
Saiya-jin Matrix
Saiya-jin Pride
SSj_Rambo

You can obviously see which one I choose, and I am glad I did and plan on using it for the rest of my internet days (whenever my actual name is not appropriate).

So basically it stemmed from a love of Dragonball, and Sylvester Stallone. :D

Great thread idea!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:41 am

SSJbardock was taken already :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:54 am

I was into Pokemon and taking Spanish I at the same time.
Raichu + Chiquita (Spanish for girl).

It's such an oooooold username; and I wish I could come up with a new one; but I use this handle on most of the sites I'm a member of to avoid confusion.

I like my MyAnimeList and VEOH account names best at the moment. Ironically, I haven't used MyAnimeList in ages and I'm rarely on VEOH anymore.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:01 am

Chuquita wrote:I was into Pokemon and taking Spanish I at the same time.
Raichu + Chiquita (Spanish for girl).

It's such an oooooold username; and I wish I could come up with a new one; but I use this handle on most of the sites I'm a member of to avoid confusion.

I like my MyAnimeList and VEOH account names best at the moment.
I honestly never noticed that it wasn't "Chiquita" until you brought it up. :P

Hm, MY name...

...Well, it's probably been far too long for me to possibly recall! My name will forever be a mystery, sheathed in mystery and wrapped in shadow!

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:25 am

My old name got disabled due to changing styles, and I couldn't get VegettoEX to help me on IRC due to an old story about piracy I told, so I just had to make a new one that sounded "cool" at the time. I had just started getting in to bleach, and one of the captains had the same voice as Freeza, so I decided to combine both of the names and create an account.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:52 am

Oh god, my name has some history behind it. I started out on a Sonic fansite when I was ten. I signed up as Shadowthehedgehog, but eventually figured out just having the name of a character isn't a good idea, and changed it to Takuthehedgehog. I took Taku from the FLCL dub, where I misheard Ta-kun as Taku. When I signed up for AIM my friend sugested I not use Takuthehedgehog because it's a lame name (to people in middle school that is), so I came up with GamingFreak128. I thought since the N64 was 64-bit, that meant the GameCube was 128-bit, so thats what the 128 came from. Around the time I signed up for the forums I'd been trying to get away from the Sonic name due to the declining quality of the series, so I combined my AIM name and internet name to form Taku128. I still use Takuthehedgehog in some places though.
­

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:57 am

I've been through a few, but they were random nonsense, I stuck with "The Time Traveller" because I like Movies and TV Shows about Time Travel, and almost everything contains that anyway, so it's nicely bland yet eccentric, and that's what I've been looking for in a username for YEARS!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:57 am

I was ss2hulk from my middle school, until till this last summer. I decide a change was need, as I was a different person, so I changed over to Forgotten Hero.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:15 am

The handle "Kaboom" stemmed from some goofy day in Chem lab my... sophomore year of high school, I think, where everyone in my group of four or so people were picking "gangsta" names or something silly to put on the list. I randomly picked "Kaboom," and it stuck (with me, at least).

Nowadays, I use "Kaboom" for my name just about everywhere on the internet, or some variation of it when it's already taken. When I first joined up here, I think just "Kaboom" was taken, and I figured I should make it DragonBall-related anyway. Thus, the "SSj" prefix.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:30 am

Mine's weird. XD It was after my cat who I got when I was still a kid and had him for 16 years. He was my best friend and he was really sucky. His real name was Max, but I nicknamed him Jerseymilk since he was always "milking" me for attention and he was black and white like a Holstein cow. XD Though yes I do realize the actual Jersey cows are the brownish ones. XD And yes there was also the fact that it's a kind of chocolate bar which made it funnier.

When I got the internet, it had only been maybe 2 or 3 months after I lost him, so picking that moniker was my little way of always remembering him. It's the username I use pretty much everywhere online, heck occassionally for things in real life I sign up for. If not Jerseymilk, then Jers, which came about when B-kun first met me and decided that was what he'd call me instead. XD

A lot of times, people think I'm from New Jersey, or I love drinking milk, or I love the chocolate bar. Heck one friend that I first met online, kept thinking of me as "the chocolate bar girl", before we got to know one another in real life. XD I'm still very fond of the name, even if it's a very strange one. XD
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:52 am

My username is what I use in other 3 forums, so I used the same one for here.

I like ninjas, and Dragon Ball had one, so I named my self SHINOBI-03.
the "03" stands for the year 2003 which is the year I subscribed to my first forum ever.

Usually my avatar is my self-portrait photo, but this a Dragon Ball forum and I had to pick Murasaki instead.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:56 am

Jerseymilk wrote: When I got the internet, it had only been maybe 2 or 3 months after I lost him, so picking that moniker was my little way of always remembering him.
You left the story a little open for interpretation, did you ever get the cat back or by "lost" did you mean it died?
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:08 am

Mine's a combination of Rurouni Kenshin and Mobile Suit Gundam (romanized as "Gundamu" from the Japanese spelling). I always imagined it as a giant Kenshin robot or something.

It was just a mix of two things I was into at the time that weren't Dragonball.

My previous screen name was Neo Goku.
Last edited by Kendamu on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:52 am

Kendamu wrote:Mobile Suit Gundam (romanized as "Gundamu" from the Japanese spelling)
Ya know, I've always wondered if you would have ever gotten me singing "KIDOOOUUUU SENSHI KENDAMUUUUUUU! KENDAMU!" on the IRC Chat...

Now I know for sure.

SHA!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:45 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote: When I got the internet, it had only been maybe 2 or 3 months after I lost him, so picking that moniker was my little way of always remembering him.
You left the story a little open for interpretation, did you ever get the cat back or by "lost" did you mean it died?
Ah sorry. ^^; He passed away.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:58 am

My username was created by my lack of imagination. :)

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:37 am

To take it simply, it basically started when I registered on another site called Gamefaqs years ago as "Sonicontherun" since I enjoyed Sonic waaaay back and I attempted to make a witty reference to running which Sonic obviously does a lot, hence the username.

Then after a long while, I came back to the same site with a new username called SoraOwnKeyblade right when...yep, you guessed it, KH2 was released. Then throughout all the way till now, I've been known as that name there, so people on AIM and MSN as well as other forums all were used to calling me Sora by the time I wanted to call myself something different.

I ended up with sticking to "Sora" and now it became staple for OCs in my comics/art/etc. and usernames. Since I also liked the manga One Piece for a very long time as well, I wanted to mix in the title of "Captain" from pirates and sailors to my username for the lulz, thus "Captain-Sora" was born on DA and finally here.

Dogasu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dogasu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:37 am

The name I use on this and every other site is the Japanese name for the pokemon known in the U.S. as "Koffing." Back when I first started using the name (back in 2000), Dogasu was my favorite pokemon, so that's what I went with.

The name kind of makes me cringe, a little, because if I was romanizing the name today, I'd probably spell it without the u (it's originally written out as ドガース). Ah well.
Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on June 9th, 2022

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:26 am

My name is based off the Marvel villain Venom.

How I came to that is relatively simple. I am a big Spider-man fan. As I was editing some of my online things, I realized that I should probably have a screen/username, since I obviously couldn't always use my real name. After thinking for a while after seeing Spider-man 3, I settled for VenomSymbiote.