How did you decide/get your avatar?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: How did you decide/get your avatar?

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:09 pm

ringworm128 wrote:Yeah but's just such a poor thing for a character like Trunks. He spent his entire life living in horror and when he finally has peace, his entire universe is destroyed. :|
That's what makes it so different and interesting. That arc reached levels of darkness that DB never had before, not even in the Freeza arc. There, they at least wished back Freeza's victims, whereas here, nothing. Maybe they'll use the Super DBs if Universe 7 wins the Tournament of Power to restore the timeline, but who knows right now?

My main point is, it's so different from what DB's previously done that it's appealing to me. I understand the whole "at least somewhat happy ending" viewpoint, but it's not like every "good guy" character needs to have one. Besides, he's basically in his own timeline - just one with two of him and Mai, which is another totally-different-from-before aspect (as far as I can recall).
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:13 am

Kaboom wrote:
The gr wrote:Ehh the joke don't work anymore IMO,is not like where in the retelling era
It's not like Super's overall quality has improved, either.

I mean, we haven't forgotten the awful "Trunks loses everything he's ever fought for except his creepy romance with a woman who's older than his mom" ending to the Zero Mortals arc so soon, have we?
I definitely agree. It feels like disliking Super at this point has become a toxic thing, because most people say that it has gotten "good" at this point. I do like some things about it, like Zamasu and Vegeta's development. All of the stuff with Trunks felt like a bad fanfic. Goku, as he is now, is no more Goku than Abridged Goku is (in fact, the latter is probably somehow more faithful).
ringworm128 wrote:Yeah but's just such a poor thing for a character like Trunks. He spent his entire life living in horror and when he finally has peace, his entire universe is destroyed. :|
It reminds me a great deal of how Alien 3 ruined the ending of Aliens.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Post by PelicanDynasty » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:Illmatic is a great album and you should listen to it if you like Hip-Hop.
Lol this photo+sig combo is top tier :D

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:52 pm

PelicanDynasty wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Illmatic is a great album and you should listen to it if you like Hip-Hop.
Lol this photo+sig combo is top tier :D
Thanks. I think I'm just going to have albums I like as my profile pictures. Overall I'd say "N.Y State of mind" is the better song, but "The World is yours" is a bit memorable.
And I like my fair share of Public Enemy.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:17 pm

I have an old machine, which constantly kept struggling with Windows..
Freezing dosen't help when you are in a hurry..

Needless to say, I had to switch to something fast and a new machine wasn't an option..
Decided to give the software a change, Linux seemed like a lightweight option..

My machine was a spring chicken after some tweaking, had to give it respect it deserves

The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:27 am

It's been a year, and I still can't believe Phife died. I've been listening to ATCQ on and off since 2011 (thanks Madden), and it's just fucking werid, and sad to me. I mean guys Pac, Eazy, Biggie, and Big L have been dead my entire life, but Phife was different. Atleast we get "Thank you 4 Your service", but still.
Rip Phife Dawg.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:11 am

I've switched over to this excellent cut from movie 12.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:24 am

Because, Rukia is the best!girl and best character in BLEACH.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:55 am

Because red and green is cool yes I'm referring him as green and not blue
Mostly active on discord.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:54 pm

The gr wrote:Because red and green is cool yes I'm referring him as green and not blue
Tbf, I do to for the most part. As long as it refers to the manga.
I like 2pac.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
The gr wrote:Because red and green is cool yes I'm referring him as green and not blue
Tbf, I do to for the most part. As long as it refers to the manga.
I like 2pac.
At least someone knows their history, Heck you don't need to read the manga to know why some people refer him like that
Mostly active on discord.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:55 pm

The mullet was a natural fit, plus this form makes him look a ton more evil.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:19 am

I have to listen to at least 1 Kanye album a day otherwise it feels like my day has been wasted.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:16 am

I was having a bit of trouble on deciding a nice, simple avatar (long cuts of animation are nice, but I think it's kind of distracting as an avatar), and I recently made a large GIF of this scene, so I made a cropped version of it my avatar for the time being. Hopefully it will be a good while before I switch it again...

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:21 am

I am too lazy so I said to myself what I have is good enough.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Got sick of having inconsistent avatars across websites, so I traced over an image of Goku (specifically, the infamous OB shot with all the missing lines) in MS paint, got rid of all the details that might have made it look anything other than awful, added a South Park Canadian-esque mouth, and am using it as a placeholder, awaiting the day when a representation worthy of me shall appear.
Retired.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:38 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Got sick of having inconsistent avatars across websites, so I traced over an image of Goku (specifically, the infamous OB shot with all the missing lines) in MS paint, got rid of all the details that might have made it look anything other than awful, added a South Park Canadian-esque mouth, and am using it as a placeholder, awaiting the day when a representation worthy of me shall appear.
...and I've spent the past 10 minutes adding a bunch of nonsense to that. Apparently, my new avatar is just whatever I do in MS Paint when I'm bored.
Retired.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:46 pm

This scene was pretty freaking good, specially when you go deeper in the story and realise how many different ways it can be interpreted
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:23 pm

There's a new Dragon Ball themed character-maker you say?
I spent way too much time creating multiple characters with this: https://dragonballcp.kirin.co.jp/

Anyways! It's been several months since my last avatar change; it's time.
I should note that I did some photoshopping after the fact; to change some colors (like that background--it was yellow and pink, now it's blue, and to get more magenta ssjg hair). Also fixed the outlines to make the line thickness more even between the head and body.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Decided to swap out my usual parade of Kuririn avatars (SACRILEGE, I know) and use the 'me' I made with that new Kirin character creator. Pretty nifty if I do say so myself.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)