"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by donkeyjack » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:20 am

desu wrote:Buu's house surprised me, we might get Evil Buu and they don't forget about him.

You are right. They did say they want to add a lot of characters in this game.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:23 am

So Time Breaker Bardock is coming to Xenoverse 2? Cool.

dangerouslover

Post by dangerouslover » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:59 am

Really nice scans. Woke up extra early (for me) just so I can see them. Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, was that Saiyan Battle Armor on Saiyans CaC default? It looked like Fasha's armor for women and Bardock's armor for men? I could be mistaken though.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:59 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Time Breaker Bardock? That's cool. I hope they utilise him well in the story.

Speaking of the story, the game is 3 months away and we haven't gotten an actual story trailer. Any predictions as to when the next trailer will come out?
The last two trailers didn't count as story trailers?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:07 am

Someone could tell me what's the backstory of this Time Breaker Bardock? It's the Bardock we all know, it's from another timeline...?

Literally, the only thing that I know about him it's that he comes from Heroes.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:17 am

Chelentano wrote:Someone could tell me what's the backstory of this Time Breaker Bardock? It's the Bardock we all know, it's from another timeline...?

He originates from Dragon Ball Online: he gets saved by Mira and Towa before he gets hit by Frieza's Supernova.

Bulma in the scans...? I guess we're going to see more non-fighting characters in the game. I want to see Roshi, Chi-Chi, Oolong and Pu'ar.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:18 am

Chelentano wrote:Someone could tell me what's the backstory of this Time Breaker Bardock? It's the Bardock we all know, it's from another timeline...?

And the only thing you know is wrong. :lol:

Time Breaker Bardock comes from Dragon Ball Online, a MMORPG that ran from 2010 to 2013, adding a lot... And I mean a lot of interesting stuff.

In the game, Bardock is saved by Mira during his confrontation with Freeza. Mira then brainwash Bardock through that white mask with the symbol of Time Breakers in it.

Now everything we need is that he's playable and not DLC bullshit thing.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:44 am

Fresh Prince wrote:He originates from Dragon Ball Online: he gets saved by Mira and Towa before he gets hit by Frieza's Supernova.
Grimlock wrote:And the only thing you know is wrong. :lol:

Time Breaker Bardock comes from Dragon Ball Online, a MMORPG that ran from 2010 to 2013, adding a lot... And I mean a lot of interesting stuff.

In the game, Bardock is saved by Mira during his confrontation with Freeza. Mira then brainwash Bardock through that white mask with the symbol of Time Breakers in it.
Oh, I see. I was misinformed, then. I don't know much about DBO, I only played a few days many years ago and it was the Korean version. Didn't liked what I saw.

Thanks for the info, guys.

EDIT: I suppose he will have a slightly different origin here, since we already saw him in Xenoverse.
Last edited by Chelentano on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:56 am

It's likely they'll do that, but I hope they keep the Mira-Bardock relationship seen in Online starting from beginning (when facing Freeza).

~ Day of the Machines ~

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:07 am

Do you guys think we'll get something at Comic Con? I don't think so tbh. Comic Con is for movies.
(I'm asking because I read somewhere we might get something at Comic Con)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:15 am

Time Breaker Bardock is what Bardock became when Mira and Towa kidnapped him just before Frieza killed him and used a mask to enslave Bardock as their servant (And they gave hima power up), in Heroes when his mask was broken he was so enraged at the thought of being someone's slave (I think, there isn't actually any dialouge) and goes SUper Saiyan 3.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:20 am

Spenzer wrote:I think we may get a story trailer at gamescom.
They announced the game would be there so we'll more than likely get a new trailer.
Spenzer wrote:Do you guys think we'll get something at Comic Con? I don't think so tbh. Comic Con is for movies.
Comic con is for almost everything so we could get one if Bandai takes the game there.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:36 am

desu wrote:Buu's house surprised me, we might get Evil Buu and they don't forget about him.
Evil Buu would be a great addition imho considering he hasn't been playable since BT3

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:52 am

Hype returns!

Yeah, Mira's definitely getting a new look. They've only showed Towa.

Here's what I'm thinking for Bardock: The prologue mission will be us playing as Bardock against Frieza's men. Afterward, Bardock sees the main events of the timeline (up to SSGSS Goku VS Golden Frieza) and then Towa and Mira will save him from the Supernova. Sound convincing to you guys?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:55 am

Anime Kitten wrote:Hype returns!

Yeah, Mira's definitely getting a new look. They've only showed Towa.

Here's what I'm thinking for Bardock: The prologue mission will be us playing as Bardock against Frieza's men. Afterward, Bardock sees the main events of the timeline (up to SSGSS Goku VS Golden Frieza) and then Towa and Mira will save him from the Supernova. Sound convincing to you guys?
I'm pretty sure Bandai confirmed that the opening cutsene is our new character entering Toki-Toki city and meeting SKOT.

Kanassa wrote:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:58 am

Sorry to be the one who'll nitpick here, but Towa doesn't have anything to do with Time Breaker Bardock (although we do see an image of him with her here... :think:).

I hope they go Dragon Ball Online route (only a little longer), he must act up until Freeza saga with the mask and then we save him.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:03 pm

Grimlock wrote:Sorry to be the one who'll nitpick here, but Towa doesn't have anything to do with Time Breaker Bardock (although we do see an image of him with her here... :think:).

I hope they go Dragon Ball Online route (only a little longer), he must act up until Freeza saga with the mask and then we save him.
Isn't she the one who brainwashes him? I mean, I don't know the details of the storyline, but Mind Control did not seem to be in Mira's arsenal. He was created to fight and absorb power, Towa's the twisted and manipulative sourceress.

Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Kanassa wrote:I'm pretty sure Bandai confirmed that the opening cutsene is our new character entering Toki-Toki city and meeting SKOT.
Figures. Source? Also, I think you mean Conton City. :)
Grimlock wrote:Sorry to be the one who'll nitpick here, but Towa doesn't have anything to do with Time Breaker Bardock (although we do see an image of him with her here... :think:).
Kanassa wrote:Isn't she the one who brainwashes him? I mean, I don't know the details of the storyline, but Mind Control did not seem to be in Mira's arsenal. He was created to fight and absorb power, Towa's the twisted and manipulative sourceress.
Mira could pretty easily get some new powers. I wonder if he'll betray Towa and she'll turn good? Highly unlikely, but I can hope at least.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I'm pretty sure Bandai confirmed that the opening cutsene is our new character entering Toki-Toki city and meeting SKOT.
Figures. Source? Also, I think you mean Conton City. .
...I didn't mispell anything....totes...Shit!
And they have a video online where they explore some of Conton city, and I'm oretty sure they state that this is the intro. I'll try and find it.

Kanassa wrote:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Kanassa wrote:Isn't she the one who brainwashes him? I mean, I don't know the details of the storyline, but Mind Control did not seem to be in Mira's arsenal. He was created to fight and absorb power, Towa's the twisted and manipulative sourceress.
No, in Dragon Ball Online, Mira is the one who made Bardock who he is solely saves and controls him through that mask.

Also, some better quality images. I hope Time Breaker Great Ape Bardock is in the Festival of Oozarus. :D

[spoiler]Image Image Image[/spoiler]

And I think Cell will absorb Lapis and Lazuli at once or he threw them up at once.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

~ Day of the Machines ~