"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Komodo

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Komodo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Kanassa wrote:I could see Trunks's new form getting a new slot, incorporating his ki sword or something into his string. Similar to Rose Black in a way.
Definitely a possibility. There will definitely be more characters after these, so it could be anyone, not just Super characters. The amount of times during launch Bandai engaged with the fans leads me to believe they have plans to fill out some major fan requests and fix some gaps in the roster. Perhaps this is why Bojack of all people was chosen to begin with.

I wouldn't expect everything to be from Super, maybe 80% Super and 20% Z.
modder, co-manager of xenoversemods.com

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:34 pm

Komodo wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I could see Trunks's new form getting a new slot, incorporating his ki sword or something into his string. Similar to Rose Black in a way.
Definitely a possibility. There will definitely be more characters after these, so it could be anyone, not just Super characters. The amount of times during launch Bandai engaged with the fans leads me to believe they have plans to fill out some major fan requests and fix some gaps in the roster. Perhaps this is why Bojack of all people was chosen to begin with.

Also, since it is the Turnks arc, maybe this could be the perfect excuse to finally bring in Dabura so they can throw in that one fight he had with Trunks (Which actually adds more personal connection to Towa and Trunks considering that Trunks has now killed her brother in one timeline)
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:34 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:
Darkblade1995 wrote:
You have to talk to the Grand Elder to level up to 85, and once you've hit that, you have to talk to him again to level up to 90.
Do I have to finish those challenges for that? Because I simply can't beat the last combo challenge at all... :roll:
Not that elder. Grand elder Guru. On Namek.
Few! Damn!!! The game didn't tell me, so I've wasted soooo much time getting exp. for nothing!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:40 am

MCDaveG wrote: Few! Damn!!! The game didn't tell me, so I've wasted soooo much time getting exp. for nothing!
The game does tell you.
Komodo wrote:

Well, the final DLC pack for the Season Pass will be out before the one year mark, it makes me wonder if they will do a "Fan Choice" pack after the Season Pass or something.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:22 am

ArchedThunder wrote: Well, the final DLC pack for the Season Pass will be out before the one year mark, it makes me wonder if they will do a "Fan Choice" pack after the Season Pass or something.
I'm pretty sure the final DLC pack for the Pass will just be the last pack in general.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:17 am

Kanassa wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: Well, the final DLC pack for the Season Pass will be out before the one year mark, it makes me wonder if they will do a "Fan Choice" pack after the Season Pass or something.
I'm pretty sure the final DLC pack for the Pass will just be the last pack in general.
Maybe, maybe not, they did say they will support the game for a year, so we might get some stuff after the final DLC pack.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:15 pm

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Since SSjG Vegeta is a thing now in the manga, should they make SSjG Vegeta as DLC?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:09 pm

Confirmation that Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black will have his own slot. Not that we needed it anyway.

Too bad, I was expecting, even by lowest of expectations, that he would be able to transform. Hopefully that means there will be awesome quotes. I'd like to know Cabba's opinion on a pink-colored Super Saiyan, for example.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:50 pm

Yeah a tad dissapointing but expected given how SSJB is handled. It just struck me they are probably doing this because they don't know how to handle it not taking up the slot that let's you go SSJ. How about just a different skill variant that is only on Goku's GO costume and Whis costume... There's already like 20 Goku's why not add 2 more.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:05 pm

If Dimps does announce a 5th DLC Pack (that contains more than the usual amount of DLC Content) that comes out between June to November

We will see people whine & B***h the usual things like:

"Season Pass should cover it"

Or

"It should be Free cause [insert stupid or broken reason]"

But based on how much content a DLC Pack has should relate to it's price.

Cause as a Example, The Road to Boruto Expansion for Storm 4 cost $20 but felt like it should have been maybe $12.50 or $15 based on how much content it actually gave the players.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:52 pm

The XV2's DLCs are released each two months, so a fifth one would come out in August. That would still leave a gap of two months until October, a sixth DLC would come out in the exact month they would be done with the game since they said they would pay attention to the game for one year. Well, thinking about it, they actually should have done this. That would be more than enough (?) to add "everything" from Z up to Future Trunks saga.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:03 pm

Grimlock wrote:The XV2's DLCs are released each two months, so a fifth one would come out in August. That would still leave a gap of two months until October, a sixth DLC would come out in the exact month they would be done with the game since they said they would pay attention to the game for one year. Well, thinking about it, they actually should have done this. That would be more than enough (?) to add "everything" from Z up to Future Trunks saga.
If they were to do a 5th & 6th DLC Pack, I feel they should do a mix of GT and Z.

Such as(combo of both);

Buu Gohan
Dabura
Oceanus Shenron
Super Baby 2 Vegeta

14 attacks
1 new Stage
6 New PQs
4 New Outfits
2 New Mentors

How would all this sound?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:09 am

I don't really care about past characters, there are a lot of games that contain them so if I want to play with one that you mentioned I'd pick a past game to do so, although I'd make an exception for Baby Vegeta, everyone else in GT that aren't already in the game are disposable, and for Dabura because Xenoverse's plot demands him to be around and his presence would add a lot in many ways. The mix should be between Dragon Ball Super and original content or Dragon Ball Online, there are a few more interesting characters from the latter to be incorporated, even though the ones I'm thinking aren't "boss" like Mira and Towa, they would certainly provide more interesting stuff (but then there's Fu... A potential and awesome character fit to substitute both of them).

As for stages, techniques, Parallel Quests, mentors, item, accessories... The more, the better.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:23 am

Honestly, I kinda want them to make an original story pack too. I guess it could be for XV3. But I would love to see Hatchiyack (Since the villains who formed him are in the game already) but include Baby and include that fusion. Another thing I was thinking was that they added Tapion with the Black arc. So when Trunks does his spirit sword, Tapion can aid and have that "Father-Son" aspect. Just a thought because I'm sure it'll never happen,

As for Bojack, I think it's interesting to see that he's in the game. It's a little odd that he's with Rose and Zamasu but whatever.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:28 am

Grimlock wrote:I don't really care about past characters, there are a lot of games that contain them so if I want to play with one that you mentioned I'd pick a past game to do so, although I'd make an exception for Baby Vegeta, everyone else in GT that aren't already in the game are disposable, and for Dabura because Xenoverse's plot demands him to be around and his presence would add a lot in many ways. The mix should be between Dragon Ball Super and original content or Dragon Ball Online, there are a few more interesting characters from the latter to be incorporated, even though the ones I'm thinking aren't "boss" like Mira and Towa, they would certainly provide more interesting stuff (but then there's Fu... A potential and awesome character fit to substitute both of them).

As for stages, techniques, Parallel Quests, mentors, item, accessories... The more, the better.
Well I feel Oceanus should be playable in XV2 [through DLC] or XV3. She has never been in a past console Game. She seems to be the only remaining Shadow Dragon that needs to be playable, While Haze & Rage & Naturon don't seem needed as Haze was the weakest Dragon while Rage & Naturon were too dependent on their giant forms to fight.

While Buu Gohan is very demanded character to be put in. (Plus every time I watch RhymeStyle's XV2 videos that involve talking about Future Content, he says Buu Gohan almost immediately)

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:57 pm

Grimlock wrote:I don't really care about past characters, there are a lot of games that contain them so if I want to play with one that you mentioned I'd pick a past game to do so
But what about the other people who have traded their PS2s and PS3s for the current gen consoles? They could at least add in a few more past characters that were in BT3 for the last pack since Final Zamasu's the very last new character who will be added in for this game. The Tournament of Power saga won't be in the last pack, that's for sure.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:27 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
Grimlock wrote:I don't really care about past characters, there are a lot of games that contain them so if I want to play with one that you mentioned I'd pick a past game to do so
But what about the other people who have traded their PS2s and PS3s for the current gen consoles? They could at least add in a few more past characters that were in BT3 for the last pack since Final Zamasu's the very last new character who will be added in for this game. The Tournament of Power saga won't be in the last pack, that's for sure.
I honestly hope they save all characters from The Tournament of Power Saga for XV3. (XV3's DLC) Since that game should have more Super content. Like from Saiyans to Zamasu is what I feel they'll be able to do in that game. And I'm looking forward to it, especially if they use those well animated cutscenes for Black's Rose transformation or anything like that.

And maybe fix the models so they don't look so awkward. But back to the here and now, anyone think the free update will include Goku Black for those who didn't pre-order? Or has that already been confirmed?

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:02 am

More past characters need to added so the Saiyan, Frieza, Android and Buu Sagas can feel more complete and some more What-ifs wouldn't hurt.

Chiaotzu
Zarbon(Post-Transformation)
Android 19
Android 20/Gero
Vegeta(SSJ Second Grade)
Future Trunks-Armor(Base, SSJ)
Future Trunks-Armor(SSJ Third Grade)
Dabura
Super Buu(Gohan Absorbed)
Shin
KibitoKai
Super Garlic Jr.
Bojack(Full Power)
Super Android 13
Tapion
Hachiyack
Tarble
King Vegeta
Baby Vegeta(Strongest Form 2)
GT Goten(Base, SSJ)

Giant Bosses
Great Ape(represents Kid Gohan)
Great Ape Raditz
Great Ape Turles
Great Ape Tarble
Great Ape King Vegeta
Golden Great Ape(represents Goku and Vegeta)
Dr. Wheelo
Great Namek Slug
Giant Baby Janemba
Hirudegarn

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:18 am

I would love to have some DB Super only fighting game... Why not?
It is just bad from marketing standpoint, that fan favs from Z would be ommited (Cell and specific transformations)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88