"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:45 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:So since it hasn't been mentioned. Apparently the tails are static. They never move. Like they're made of plastic. This is according to people who were at the stream like Rhymestyle. So yay Dimps making bad game decisions again.
Were we expecting them to not be static?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:10 pm

I was expecting it to be like the way Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Vegeta move their tails during battle, not swinging like Freeza's race in Conton City. If they gonna be 100% static like statue, then I'm gonna stick with Tagoma's scouter since the tail isn't erect, pointing to the ground. Walking around with a bent tail is weird.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Kanassa wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:So since it hasn't been mentioned. Apparently the tails are static. They never move. Like they're made of plastic. This is according to people who were at the stream like Rhymestyle. So yay Dimps making bad game decisions again.
Were we expecting them to not be static?
Was expecting them to be like GT Kid Goku's tail.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:08 am

I've had one of those XV2 flyers for free TP medals with a PS store code that came with the SH Figuarts Xeno Trunks... It doesn't work in North America, so I figured there may be someone on here who could use it. PM me. first come, first serve.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:36 pm

I throw in the towel. Even though I equipped Energy Zone to help heal Goku & Vegeta for PQ 101, by the time I finish meeting the requirements I have less then 5 minutes to beat Goku AND Vegeta with my Cooler's Supernova that does not do the the devastating amount of damage I want it to do. Its as if the attribute points from the DLC did not change my stats at all.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:29 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:I throw in the towel. Even though I equipped Energy Zone to help heal Goku & Vegeta for PQ 101, by the time I finish meeting the requirements I have less then 5 minutes to beat Goku AND Vegeta with my Cooler's Supernova that does not do the the devastating amount of damage I want it to do. Its as if the attribute points from the DLC did not change my stats at all.
Perhaps DLC Pack 4 will help.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:16 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:I throw in the towel. Even though I equipped Energy Zone to help heal Goku & Vegeta for PQ 101, by the time I finish meeting the requirements I have less then 5 minutes to beat Goku AND Vegeta with my Cooler's Supernova that does not do the the devastating amount of damage I want it to do. Its as if the attribute points from the DLC did not change my stats at all.
Believe it or not, the attribute points don't help as much as you would think. You'll probably have to stack a few boosts to get the power you need. I didn't tackle the DLC PQs until i was at Lv. 95.

Try adding in a helpful Super Soul such as one that either boosts your Ki recovery or boosts the strength of Ki Blast skills (and it has to say that specifically because most don't. I understand Beerus has a great one.) Throw on a good QQ bang and give it another shot.

If all else fails, try playing online or using Dragon Balls to change your character's stats or appearance (wider characters have stronger physical attacks while thinner characters have stronger ki attacks).

I may be telling you things you already know though.

At any rate, this helped me out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =790853823

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Hopefully the free DLC gets released tomorrow as early as possible. It'd be a nice warm-up to Tuesday.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Finally started playing this game today after having had it for Xmas.

Holy shit, talk about recycled content.

From the last game, the music is recycled, the character models are recycled, the stages are recycled,, the animations are recycled, the moves are recycled, the dialogue is recycled. Now that's one thing but entire levels and cutscenes are recycled from the last game.

They're not very similar levels with similar cutscenes, no they're the exact same. I haven't played too much of the story yet, I've only done the Saiyan saga and except for the little bit with Turles it's just a shortened version of the last game.

So far the only real difference is with the hub.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 pm

Bullza wrote:From the last game, the music is recycled, the character models are recycled, the stages are recycled,, the animations are recycled, the moves are recycled, the dialogue is recycled. Now that's one thing but entire levels and cutscenes are recycled from the last game.
Um... It's a sequel. They're not going to make new resources from scratch for a new installment in a series. That would be making a whole new game with the same engine. Maybe I misunderstood, but I'm pretty sure you're not joking...?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Bullza wrote:Finally started playing this game today after having had it for Xmas.

Holy shit, talk about recycled content.

From the last game, the music is recycled, the character models are recycled, the stages are recycled,, the animations are recycled, the moves are recycled, the dialogue is recycled. Now that's one thing but entire levels and cutscenes are recycled from the last game.

They're not very similar levels with similar cutscenes, no they're the exact same. I haven't played too much of the story yet, I've only done the Saiyan saga and except for the little bit with Turles it's just a shortened version of the last game.

So far the only real difference is with the hub.
It was a common complaint at launch that this game really failed as a sequel. I think now they've evetnaully added enough new content to justify it as a sequel and the small improvements they've made across the board are nice. You could imagine if this was XV1 it would be received pretty positively. I don't think anyone expected everything to be new, but because there wasn't much new content and the story sucked and repeated a lot overall, it leads to this negative reception.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Bullza wrote:From the last game, the music is recycled, the character models are recycled, the stages are recycled,, the animations are recycled, the moves are recycled, the dialogue is recycled. Now that's one thing but entire levels and cutscenes are recycled from the last game.
Um... It's a sequel. They're not going to make new resources from scratch for a new installment in a series. That would be making a whole new game with the same engine. Maybe I misunderstood, but I'm pretty sure you're not joking...?
Yep, fighting game's sequels usually don't have new assets to begin with. The Budokai Tenkaichi and Raging Blast series are a prime example of that.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Um... It's a sequel. They're not going to make new resources from scratch for a new installment in a series. That would be making a whole new game with the same engine. Maybe I misunderstood, but I'm pretty sure you're not joking...?
Are you serious? How many sequels have you played?

Sequels might use the same game engine but they do not recycle entire levels, cutscenes, music etc. When does that ever happen? Christ people complain about Call of Duty being the same thing every game, so what on Earth does this class as?

Now I like I said I haven't played a whole bunch of this game yet but I've done 5 story missions and only 1 of them is actually new to this game. The other four were just taken directly from the last one, cutscenes included.
nato25 wrote:I don't think anyone expected everything to be new, but because there wasn't much new content and the story sucked and repeated a lot overall, it leads to this negative reception.
It's pitiful really, absolutely pitiful. They put in a lot of effort making the first game and it was successful. For some reason they got tremendously greedy, did a few updates from Xenoverse and then released it again and passed it off as a sequel.

All the new story and characters worth playing as are just DLC anyway and they expect you to pay each time.

They never should have made this game, they should have waited and released a proper sequel. When the most original part of the game is the hub then that's a really bad sign.
YonedgeHP wrote:Yep, fighting game's sequels usually don't have new assets to begin with. The Budokai Tenkaichi and Raging Blast series are a prime example of that.
That didn't stop Tekken 7, Mortal Kombat X and Injustice 2 from being different. It wasn't literally the same game again with the same exact story, fights and cutscenes. They actually took the time to make a different one, you know, like common sense would tell you to do.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:32 pm

Bullza wrote:Are you serious? How many sequels have you played?
Sequels might use the same game engine but they do not recycle entire levels, cutscenes, music etc. When does that ever happen? Christ people complain about Call of Duty being the same thing every game, so what on Earth does this class as?
Now I like I said I haven't played a whole bunch of this game yet but I've done 5 story missions and only 1 of them is actually new to this game. The other four were just taken directly from the last one, cutscenes included.
You're asking for them to start over from scratch by making entirely new models, stages, animations, moves, and dialogue when they have assets from the previous game right in front of them to improve and expand upon. The Tenkaichi games are no different, and I'm not even sure how much the graphics changed through those games. It would be like completely altering every last bit of content in Dragon Ball Heroes' upgrade to Super DBH. And that's a lot of content.
It's pitiful really, absolutely pitiful. They put in a lot of effort making the first game and it was successful. For some reason they got tremendously greedy, did a few updates from Xenoverse and then released it again and passed it off as a sequel.
They literally revamped every single character from the first game to adapt to the updated combat system, not to mention the new characters which take several months apiece as it is.

Apologies if this comes across as impolite, but I really don't understand your viewpoint at all and this sort of thing tends to really grind my gears.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:35 pm

I just got the 1.07 update on Steam. This is the free update that includes the new movesets, and presumably the last level cap increase.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:44 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote:I just got the 1.07 update on Steam. This is the free update that includes the new movesets, and presumably the last level cap increase.
I just got it too, but every time I start the game I see the "Xenoverse server not available" notice.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:47 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote:I just got the 1.07 update on Steam. This is the free update that includes the new movesets, and presumably the last level cap increase.
Also, heads-up to anyone installing the update: start as soon as possible, because it's 2.3 GB.
MyAnimeList | AniList

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:54 pm

Just got the PS4 update.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:25 pm

Bullza wrote: Are you serious? How many sequels have you played?
The majority of video game sequels reuse most of their assets (Especially Dragon Ball games), though the amount and frequency differs between genres. THe aim of a sequel is not to make an entirely different game, it is to build upon the foundation laid by the first game and improve.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:22 am

Grotesque Merged Zamas is indeed in the game, it has his own model, moves, and boss' animations. Apparently he appears only in the story mode.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!