"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:43 am

KayDash wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:I used to KoF system. It does not allow to choose 2 different versions of a same person to a team. You cannot have in a team Takuma and Mr.Karate, for example.
But you can have Kyo-1, Kyo-2 and Kyo Kusanagi on the same team in KOF '99.
As I remember Kyo-1 and Kyo-2 was literally clones of Kyo Kusanagi. They are separated entitities, not Kyo Kusanagi himself. So, again. It does not count for me.

Bullza
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:37 am

The graphics in the cutscene they showed weren't very good. For one thing they don't even cast a shadow.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:47 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
KayDash wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:I used to KoF system. It does not allow to choose 2 different versions of a same person to a team. You cannot have in a team Takuma and Mr.Karate, for example.
But you can have Kyo-1, Kyo-2 and Kyo Kusanagi on the same team in KOF '99.
As I remember Kyo-1 and Kyo-2 was literally clones of Kyo Kusanagi. They are separated entitities, not Kyo Kusanagi himself. So, again. It does not count for me.
Okay, I've got your point, and I'd rather have the two blue forms as different versions of Goku/Vegeta taking the same slot, but my reason for this is not in the backstory, but about they sharing most of the moves with their SSJ counterparts.
But what about SSJ2 Teen Gohan and Ultimate Gohan (if they include him)? They are the same person too, despite how their gameplay and design could differ a lot. I wouldn't mind them in the same team.
However I wouldn't be too suprised if they would leave out Ultimate Gohan, as they decided to include one version for each character (other then two SSB versions).

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:46 pm

I feel they just don't wanna lose some oportunity. Some characters have interesting version. 3 versions of Buu, Vegetto, Merged Zamasu, etc. They even maybe gave up or don't care from the beginning.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:I feel they just don't wanna lose some oportunity. Some characters have interesting version. 3 versions of Buu, Vegetto, Merged Zamasu, etc. They even maybe gave up or don't care from the beginning.
I'm curious what they'll do with Vegetto. Super or Blue? Or will they do both?

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:I'm curious what they'll do with Vegetto. Super or Blue? Or will they do both?
Hmm… Super or Both. I don't see a point in Blue alone. Actually, let's see how it turn out.
Btw, seeing some comments on YouTube, sometimes I think ppl want 3 Goku, 3 Vegetos, 2 Vegettos and 2 Gogetas. Even I want SSJ4 because it looks dope. Not a big fan of fused characters though, except Gotenks.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:01 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:I'm curious what they'll do with Vegetto. Super or Blue? Or will they do both?
Hmm… Super or Both. I don't see a point in Blue alone. Actually, let's see how it turn out.
Btw, seeing some comments on YouTube, sometimes I think ppl want 3 Goku, 3 Vegetos, 2 Vegettos and 2 Gogetas. Even I want SSJ4 because it looks dope.
Yeah, they want it to be like a collection of all the existing characters with all the possible variations of them, even though this game is clearly not aiming for that.
They also don't think about how a certain character could work in a classic 2D (2.5D?) fighter like this, and requesting various characters with literally two existing moves.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:34 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
Btw, seeing some comments on YouTube, sometimes I think ppl want 3 Goku, 3 Vegetos, 2 Vegettos and 2 Gogetas. Even I want SSJ4 because it looks dope. Not a big fan of fused characters though, except Gotenks.
I figured it's gonna be Super Vegito with Blue as a super move or Vegito Blue's movest just having the same attacks used against Buuhan

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Bullza wrote:The graphics in the cutscene they showed weren't very good. For one thing they don't even cast a shadow.
That's because they're using the models they used for in game as well. Most 3D games just have models and then have a lighting system do lighting and shadows automatically. However, ArcSys does not do this because to achieve the graphical style that they use they have to individually color the models. Therefore, they don't cast shadows by themselves.

I wouldn't say this makes them bad.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 pm

So, I heard that Toriyama was impressed with this game, someone could confirm if that is true?

TheDBZmaster100 wrote:[spoiler][Image[/spoiler]
Yamcha is a beast.
Have we seen Yamcha using this move with his legs before in the series? :think:
Simere wrote:They confirmed that the SSBs will be separate slots in the Q&A; won't be restricted from being on the same team with their SSJ counterparts.
I think it would be tolerable if the SSBs were in their RoF outfits, it just feels dumb to have 4 characters with identical skins with only the hair being the difference.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:17 pm

Noah wrote:So, I heard that Toriyama was impressed with this game, someone could confirm if that is true?
It was a message they showed at the TGS stage.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:33 pm

Simere wrote:
Noah wrote:So, I heard that Toriyama was impressed with this game, someone could confirm if that is true?
Huh. That's cool.

I wonder what kind of genre of games Toriyama would be into. :)

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Simere wrote:
Huh. That's cool.

I wonder what kind of genre of games Toriyama would be into. :)
I think he like RPG,I remember he mentioned that he couldn't stop playing Dragon quest
Mostly active on discord.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:00 am

TheDBZmaster100 wrote:[spoiler][Image[/spoiler]
Yamcha is a beast.
Have we seen Yamcha using this move with his legs before in the series? :think: .
His fight with Tenshinhan in the anime.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:03 am

Simere wrote:
Well, here`s to the chance he enjoys playing some characters so much he decides to actually outline decent material for them.

"Huh, I didn`t remember Tenshinhan could do that"

"Huh, don`t know what this Yamcha is but looks promising".
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

cringey

Post by cringey » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:43 am

Noah wrote:
Simere wrote:They confirmed that the SSBs will be separate slots in the Q&A; won't be restricted from being on the same team with their SSJ counterparts.
I think it would be tolerable if the SSBs were in their RoF outfits, it just feels dumb to have 4 characters with identical skins with only the hair being the difference.
One of the main reasons they are in is because they have the same outfits with the SSJ version.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:31 pm

I would've preferred Super Saiyan Blue to be a 5 meter install over the slot being separate, but I'm over it.

Now just gimme Black w/Zamasu as an assist.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:29 am

Anyone else find it weird that Golden Freeza is the only install? We've even got two versions of Goku that tranaform, but only as part of the Ultimate animation.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:48 am

Saiga wrote:Anyone else find it weird that Golden Freeza is the only install? We've even got two versions of Goku that tranaform, but only as part of the Ultimate animation.
I think the main reason they were able to make Freeza like that is the fact that they only had to recolor him, without adjusting all the shading on him by hand (this is the way ArcSys do their cellshades). Well obviously they added the shiny effect on him too, but that's it. Golden Freeza also has the same moves in RoF that he had in the Freeza Saga, unlike the SSB forms, which ones gained some new stuff as the anime went on. I think the SSJ3 hair for all of Goku's moves would have been much more work then this. Freeza's transformation working differently also makes him stand out more.
Another thing that comes to my mind is that they based DBFZ Freeza on his RoF fights, with the short-term Golden form, and even with Sorbet fireing a laser beam after Freeza collapses. (Yup, Sorbet is in the game, but they only show his portrait on the side, and the laser beam itself.)

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:53 am

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
Golden Freezer has double air dash.

I'm waiting for the following characters to be announced playable..

Dabura
Super Buu
Gotenks
Nappa
Janemba
Pikkon
Kid Goku
Muten Roshi
Omega Shenron