"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:32 pm

That was a 2003 explanation. I doubt he'd say the same nowadays. Nonetheless, Heroes can still use a manga cue over an interview statement that they might not even know it exists.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Real talk here does anybody care about that??? i mind would anybody complain if they ever introduce Trunks SS4 for the sole reason that he was born without a tail??? he still a saiyan alright and if i recall correctly Vegeta didn't have a tail when he first became SS4 either, yeah he used to have one before but still is a pretty silly excuse to make the argument why it's not going to happen specially Trunks being so popular and all.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
Goresh wrote:So 2 of the 3 SECs will be Broly Dark and SSJ4 Bardock. People are speculating Jiren will be the last SEC card but I’m not sure about that since we’ve had Jiren as a card in previous sets before.
Wait what?? already??? we barely had that teaser just now but he didn't get to appear in the animated trailer, i thought at leat until next mission or is this just speculation??
They teased SSJ4 Bardock and then said "that legendary warrior has a new transformation. SH7-SEC." Broly Dark is also not a UR card in this set so that must mean that he will be an SEC unless they want to pull another Slug: Xeno on us. So that really only leaves 1 more card up to speculation.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Grimlock wrote:That was a 2003 explanation. I doubt he'd say the same nowadays. Nonetheless, Heroes can still use a manga cue over an interview statement that they might not even know it exists.
And yet it's the most recent one we have to go on.

And it's not been contradicted, so yeah.

I'm not saying it's impossible to happen in this non canon game (hell, i am ALL for it) but i don't think it's as likely as giving it to established saiyans with tails until someone from universe 6 pulls it out

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Is Bergamo getting a card, or is he just being added as a nonplayable enemy?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Dragotaker wrote:Real talk here does anybody care about that??? i mind would anybody complain if they ever introduce Trunks SS4 for the sole reason that he was born without a tail??? he still a saiyan alright and if i recall correctly Vegeta didn't have a tail when he first became SS4 either, yeah he used to have one before but still is a pretty silly excuse to make the argument why it's not going to happen specially Trunks being so popular and all.
The arguement is less about the tail growing back and more that they never had one in the first place. Like I said I dont mind it, just pointing out according to Toriyama himself, Goten and Trunks didnt have tails to begin with.

I'm actually up for the games giving them said forms (especially Goten since he needs something) but it could be a reason it's not done

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:08 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:I'd say Trunks, Goten, or Gotenks getting the form are unlikely, seeing as they never had tails in the first place.
Not actually true. In the manga, Kuririn asks about Trunks' tail, but he gets no response. That leaves an opportunity for an answer like "I cut it off when he was born" and so Heroes gives Super Saiyan 4 to Trunks. We just don't know anything about Goten and his tail.
Toriyama actually did say that Goten and Trunks are tailless hybrid Saiyans. That's even the reason given as to why they're so powerful and had access to Super Saiyan easily. Toriyama also went as far as to say Saiyans without tails are stronger than Saiyan with them, which does goes against the entire premise of Super Saiyan 4, but there you go.

This is Heroes and I'm certain none of the above really matters, but wanted to point it out.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:16 pm

HeroR wrote:Toriyama actually did say that Goten and Trunks are tailless hybrid Saiyans. That's even the reason given as to why they're so powerful and had access to Super Saiyan easily. Toriyama also went as far as to say Saiyans without tails are stronger than Saiyan with them, which does goes against the entire premise of Super Saiyan 4, but there you go.

This is Heroes and I'm certain none of the above really matters, but wanted to point it out.
When did he say it? If you are referring to a 2003 statement, then it's irrelevant. As I said, if Heroes happens to give Super Saiyan 4 to Trunks, it'd be under the possibility that the manga leaves. Kuririn asks about it, but he gets no response. As for the other supposed statements, I'm not sure if I'm aware of them. So I'd ask for the source.

Not that "being Heroes" actually matters though, since it works with plausible what-ifs.

Anyway, I just noticed Hirudegarn is finally fully playable on his own (not by having Tapion to release him) and Slug has his giant form playable as well. The same goes for core Cooler and whatever it is that Movie 11 "Broly" has. They're all playable without needing to transform into those giant forms during the course of the battle.

Image Image
Last edited by Grimlock on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Day of the Machines ~

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:29 pm

Grimlock wrote: When did he say it? If you are referring to a 2003 statement, then it's irrelevant. As I said, if Heroes happens to give Super Saiyan 4 to Trunks, it'd be under the possibility that the manga leaves. Kuririn asks about it, but he gets no response. As for the other supposed statements, I'm not sure if I'm aware of them. So I'd ask for the source.

Not that "being Heroes" actually matters though, since it works with plausible what-ifs.

Anyway, I just noticed Hirudegarn is finally fully playable on his own (not having Tapion to release him).

Yes that's the interview and it really isn't 'irrelevant' since it holds true even now since this is the basics of the U6 Saiyans were are far stronger than the U7 Saiyans.

Here is the quote from Daizenshuu 4 which came out in 1995 about tailless hybrids:

The tailless second generation are super ultra child prodigies
Saiyan genes have an extraordinarily good compatibility with Earthling blood. Because of this, when the two races are mixed together children with formidable power are born. Particularly, those Halflings born without tails hide an exceptional battle power. There are many things that they naturally master from a young age, such as the ordinarily arduous transformation into a Super Saiyan. In spite of having such an outstanding battle sense, they do not have a fondness for battle like a pure Saiyan. Instead, it seems that the violent temperament of the Saiyan has been relaxed through their Earthling blood.

So yeah, Super Saiyan 4 goes against this, but it's a big whatever in Heroes.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:35 pm

It's irrevelant from Dimps' viewpoint. As I also said, they might even know Toriyama once stated tails are a recessive trait (as they might not know about Makaios and Makaioshins, from a single statement from Toriyama back in 2009, which would explain why we haven't seen the concept yet in the game).

As for Universe 6 Saiyans, they lost their tails because their evolution went into another path from Universe 7 Saiyans. There's no clear connection between it and the recessive trait subject.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:52 pm

I don't think the Makaio thing was really abandoned. Demigra's backstory makes it clear he was trying to become Supreme Kai of Time, even working along with Chronoa in raising Tokitoki, yet he ended up becoming a Demon God. I'm pretty sure his backstory qualifies for a Makaioshin as defined by Toriyama, and it gives me the feeling that the other demons and demon gods may qualify as Makaio/Makaioshin as well.

Anyways, even within the realm of "what-if" I feel like there won't be any Saiyans born without a tail getting SS4, given how important the tail itself as well as great ape is to that transformation. Every Saiyan who has gotten SS4 so far has been shown or mentioned with the possibility of being a great ape in the past.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:49 am

Grimlock wrote:It's irrevelant from Dimps' viewpoint. As I also said, they might even know Toriyama once stated tails are a recessive trait (as they might not know about Makaios and Makaioshins, from a single statement from Toriyama back in 2009, which would explain why we haven't seen the concept yet in the game).

As for Universe 6 Saiyans, they lost their tails because their evolution went into another path from Universe 7 Saiyans. There's no clear connection between it and the recessive trait subject.
Well I suppose if something as core as the saiyans needing tails is irerelevant, I suppose they could give frieza super saiyan while their at it.

I'm just saying, it could be a reason why we havent seen one.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:03 am

Completely off comparison. You didn't even get my point.

~ Day of the Machines ~

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:10 am

Grimlock wrote:Completely off comparison. You didn't even get my point.
No I did, I just think ignoring words straight from the creators mouth is what they are going to do with this game.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:18 am

Ignoring? The only one ignoring something here is you. I just said multiple times that they might not even know that statement from 2003 and that even if they knew, they can still do it because the manga leaves an opportunity for it.

Anyways, this is getting old.

~ Day of the Machines ~

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Grimlock wrote:Ignoring? The only one ignoring something here is you. I just said multiple times that they might not even know that statement from 2003 and that even if they knew, they can still do it because the manga leaves an opportunity for it.

Anyways, this is getting old.
It's very unlikely they will ignore the rules Toriyama laid out in his interview, especially since we know he does designs for this game, maybe you should look a bit more at this?

And if you actually read my posts instead of acting like a hypocrite and jumping on me, Grimlock, you would know I've said TIME AND TIME AGAIN, I am not against it, I just see it as a possibility of why we may not see them.

Now lets drop this ok? I'm as tired of this as you are

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Even if we assume they care about the tails and they're not just doing stuff because it's Heroes and it's cool, Vegeta turned into a Great Ape without a tail anyway. He got blasted with the Blutz Wave Cannon. So there's your explanation. Just blast everybody with that thing and poof. Super Saiyan 4s
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:47 pm

I know it originated from game-based discussion, but the tail talk is venturing a little too far off-topic when that's all your post consists of.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:15 am

I think it was only a matter of time that Hirudegarn was playable since there are playable apes.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:27 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:I think it was only a matter of time that Hirudegarn was playable since there are playable apes.
Now it's just missing Wheelo and Janemba. Then we get to the giants from Dragon Ball GT. Maybe even that giant form which Six-star Dragon got becomes playable? But I have the feeling it'll take a lot of time for everyone to get playable.

~ Day of the Machines ~