"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:45 am

So, now considering that we will likely get 15 (7 unrevealed from the base game + 8 from the DLC) new characters within the span of the following year, and there won't be many duplicate ones like Goku and Vegeta, and many of the less popular henchmen are already in, it's safe to say that we will get either more Super characters or even Movie/filler/GT/ classic DB ones will make it into the game.
The hype keeps growing! :)

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:43 am

Hah. I'm done predicting which characters we'll get and how many. We're looking at anywhere between 24-32 characters at this point. Who the hell knows anymore xD
The more the merrier, though (as long as they all receive the same amount of love and attention from the developers)!
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 am

Eight DLC characters?! That's a lot. 50 dollars for 8 characters at release and that's with the season pass they are bound to be more expensive individually.

Assuming we're getting 24 characters at release their worth is 2,50 dollars per character. The DLC characters cost 6,25 dollars each.
For comparison sake Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite has 30 characters at release, each one worth 2 dollars. Their DLC characters(6) cost 5 dollars each. Anyone care to compare other fighting games?

I knew we we're getting DLC material and I'm probably getting it since the game seems really good. I just can't help myself to criticize this greedy business model by gaming company's, 90% of the time the DLC content should have been in the game at release.

I expect half the DLC characters to be "easy money". Broly and Vegetto Blue for example. I don't want them to put what I can consider essential Super characters in the DLC to "force" people to buy them. Hit, Beerus and Zamasu(Goku Black) should be in the main game. I would be fine with characters from the recent ToP Arc as DLC characters, that actually deserves to be extra content.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:10 am

KayDash wrote:So, now considering that we will likely get 15 (7 unrevealed from the base game + 8 from the DLC) new characters within the span of the following year, and there won't be many duplicate ones like Goku and Vegeta, and many of the less popular henchmen are already in, it's safe to say that we will get either more Super characters or even Movie/filler/GT/ classic DB ones will make it into the game.
The hype keeps growing! :)
Ya`ll getting Super whether you like it or not :twisted:

Seems the best way to sell the DCL if it`s a season consisting of characters like Black, Beerus and Jiren.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:11 am

LightBing wrote:Hit, Beerus and Zamasu(Goku Black) should be in the main game.
Meh, I'm of the firm belief that even in fighting games there's not really any characters outside of the main cast that NEED to be in the game. Games should include the characters that suit the developers needs and aims.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:25 am

Kanassa wrote:
Meh, I'm of the firm belief that even in fighting games there's not really any characters outside of the main cast that NEED to be in the game. Games should include the characters that suit the developers needs and aims.
Well, the devs want differing characters, with their own unique fighting styles, and Hit and Black are among the best candidates for that role looking at characters througout the whole series. Beerus is less interesting in that regard, but I cant see him not making it into the game.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:14 am

Kanassa wrote:
Beerus is the antagonist of BoG and instrumental in all material that followed, Hit and Zamasu are the big villains of Super so far. The moment the game introduced the Blue Versions they committed themselves to Super material.

I don't know what you consider main cast but to me it's the good guys and the bad guys, exactly like how the game was introduced at E3 with Goku,Vegeta and Gohan, the heroes, and Cell, Boo and Freeza, the villains.

I'm just expecting what the developers themselves have implied.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:23 am

Screw this BS I'm just getting the normal edition. As if we're made of money.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:28 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Screw this BS I'm just getting the normal edition. As if we're made of money.
That's exactly what these companies think thanks to use supporting them. People always complain about DLC and microtransactions yet they buy them.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:45 am

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Screw this BS I'm just getting the normal edition. As if we're made of money.
That's exactly what these companies think thanks to use supporting them. People always complain about DLC and microtransactions yet they buy them.
People need to make a stance man this is too silly so a super mega CE doesn't even get you the season pass.???What in the actual hell.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:46 am

sintzu wrote:
Selling a part of the finished game seperatedly as a DLC sucks, just as microtransactions which break the games' balance. That's what people usually hate.
But a season pass is paying for newly made content. Don't seeing how that is wrong. The alternative of a season pass is abandoning DBFZ's development, and moving to an other project.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:53 am

KayDash wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Selling a part of the finished game seperatedly as a DLC sucks, just as microtransactions whick break the games' ballance. That's what peoplr usually hate.
But the season pass is paying for newly made content. Don't see how that is wrong. The alternative of season pass is abandoning DBFZ's development, and moving to an other project.
They want you to pay $34.99 for 8 chars (over half the cost of the actual game) that should be in the game already. That's not okay. If this pass is coming out a year or so later after the game then you'd have a point.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:09 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:People need to make a stance man this is too silly so a super mega CE doesn't even get you the season pass.???What in the actual hell.
There are people against it but it's not enough. I'll be more than happy to not support it but I know I'll just be missing out cause not enough people are against it to do real damage.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:They want you to pay $34.99 for 8 chars (over half the cost of the actual game) that should be in the game already. That's not okay.
The price proves my point, there are too many people supporting it and now the prices are going up the the practicies are getting worse.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:10 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
KayDash wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Selling a part of the finished game seperatedly as a DLC sucks, just as microtransactions whick break the games' ballance. That's what peoplr usually hate.
But the season pass is paying for newly made content. Don't see how that is wrong. The alternative of season pass is abandoning DBFZ's development, and moving to an other project.
They want you to pay $34.99 for 8 chars (over half the cost of the actual game) that should be in the game already. That's not okay. If this pass is coming out a year or so later after the game then you'd have a point.
What do you mean by "should be"? How? It's a season pass, they will develop those 8 characters in the following one year after the games' release. They can add them to the game sure, but it will delay the release until 2019 january

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:16 am

I'm just hoping the 'Anime Music Pack' thing has some good songs in it, and that that ends up making it's way to PS4 as DLC as well. Been wanting something like that in one of the games I had access to for a while now.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:29 am

KayDash wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
KayDash wrote: Selling a part of the finished game seperatedly as a DLC sucks, just as microtransactions whick break the games' ballance. That's what peoplr usually hate.
What do you mean by "should be"? How? It's a season pass, they will develop those 8 characters in the following one year after the games' release. They can add them to the game sure, but it will delay the release until 2019 january
But this 8 char pass is coming out the same time as the game in Jan 2018, no? Therefore should be in the game proper.
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:30 am

You can always get the entire Ultimate Edition after 6-24 months for like, 20 bucks. If you think the price is unfair, wait for a sale. Don't buy *now*.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:32 am

My predictions on the DLC:

01) Jiren
02) Toppo
03) Muten Roshi
04) Ribrianne
05) Broly / Kale
06) Caufilla
07) Zamasu
08) Super Buu
Last edited by Nickolaidas on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:33 am

KayDash wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Selling a part of the finished game seperatedly as a DLC sucks, just as microtransactions which break the games' balance. That's what people usually hate.
But a season pass is paying for newly made content. Don't seeing how that is wrong. The alternative of a season pass is abandoning DBFZ's development, and moving to an other project.
It's dishonest to sell new content when your game won't even be released for three months. The consumer has every right to ask why isn't this in the game at release. Besides the problem that people don't know what they are signing up for, is it Broly? Or are they being cute and getting an invited character from Guilty Gear. There's a lot of problems with this approach.

It's perfectly fine to sell extra content but only if it's in fact extra and of course if it's fairly priced.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:37 am

LightBing wrote:
KayDash wrote:It's dishonest to sell new content when your game won't even be released for three months. The consumer has every right to ask why isn't this in the game at release. Besides the problem that people don't know what they are signing up for, is it Broly? Or are they being cute and getting an invited character from Guilty Gear. There's a lot of problems with this approach.

It's perfectly fine to sell extra content but only if it's in fact extra and of course if it's fairly priced.
Tien was not done when they revealed him. I doubt the DLC characters will be ready at January (though Capcom *did* pull that shit with MvC Infinite), but the reason they announce DLC ahead of time is to give you incentive to buy the deluxe edition. If anyone doesn't like it, they're free to refrain themselves from buying the game until it's on sale and 100% finished. I sure as heck have a HUGE backlog of games and I can wait a couple of years before buying yet another game.