"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Olympian
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Olympian » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:21 am

Hit motions look so fluid, he even does his own Rogafuken :clap:

I may place this charming bastard in my main team after all. Going to spend time trying out Tenshinhan, Gotenks, Hit and Majin to flesh out what serves the team best.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:13 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Wait.

WAIT.

WAIT. The FUCK. UP.

2) Goku is SSJ Goku but mustn't enter the fight UNTIL Krillin dies in order to make an entrance that way
Those conditions seem the most liekly.. Its no big deal though, if someone is serious about getting good at this game (like myself) then the last thing i'd be worried about is meeting the right conditions for a cutscene i've seen a bagillion times during a tournament. though that would be cool to see at EVO if someone could pull that off haha.

I'm wondering though if 16, Cell and Gohan's scene would require the big brute to self destruct. Last I checked its a one hit kill.. for both parties.. So we'll see, I guess.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:18 am

Nickolaidas wrote:These recreations happen mid-fight, right? They're not intros, they're specific cut-scenes that occur when you do certain things during the match.

Frieza kills Krillin ... and BASE Goku turns SSJ. BASE. Goku.

It doesn't make any sense to have SSJ Goku during the match, and when Frieza kills Krillin, Goku is shown in Base form turning SSJ. Which means that:

1) Base Goku is a character and turns SSJ when Krillin dies

2) Goku is SSJ Goku but mustn't enter the fight UNTIL Krillin dies in order to make an entrance that way

3) It doesn't make any sense and Goku is simply shown being base despite fighting as a SSJ a few seconds ago, only to become AGAIN SSJ

Thoughts?
It seems pretty clear that the majority of those are just special cutscenes when certain conditions are met. We have already been shown the special scene transitions where characters fly to a new area which replaces the standard locking up animation for incoming characters. I don't doubt that base Goku could be in the game but this doesn't really seem to be evidence for that. During Gohan's special intro he's in his SSJ1 form for the brief cutscene and I don't think they're gonna add in SSJ1 Gohan as a playable character.

The only one that's throwing me for a loop is the end of the Boo fight with the Spirit Bomb. Does that mean there are still more super moves for characters?
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:25 am

Man, that trailer was awesome! Also it means Bokutachi Wa Tenshi Datta will be a INSERT SONG in this game? I would love that!
Last edited by Noah on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:40 am

Noah wrote:Man, that trailer was awesome! Also it means Bokutachi Wa Tenshi Datta is a INSERT SONG in this game? I would love that!
As far as I know, it will be as DLC along other openings

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:
Noah wrote:Man, that trailer was awesome! Also it means Bokutachi Wa Tenshi Datta is a INSERT SONG in this game? I would love that!
As far as I know, it will be as DLC along other openings
It's the Anime Song and BGM DLC Pack. It has the same track list as the Xenoverse one:
  • Mystical Adventure
    I'll Give You Romance
    CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
    Zenkai Power
    We Were Angels
    DAN DAN

Prologue & Subtitle
    A New Hero Appears
    Solid State Scouter
    The Terrifying Ginyu Force
Unfortunately, that means we get the awful FLOW version of HEAD-CHA-LA.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 pm

AgitoZ wrote:Unfortunately, that means we get the awful FLOW version of HEAD-CHA-LA.
But why?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by New_Guy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:01 pm

That trailer just made my hangover completely irrelevant. But quick question.. We're gonna have to do the Battle of Gods fight as Ssj Goku only? Not being able to do that fight with SsjG is pretty lame but I guess in the movie's case Goku fought longer as a Ssj,blah blah blah, etc. Crucify me if necessary but I believe God form deserves to be in the game. Just because I know they won't undersell it the way I felt like Xenoverse did. He's literally no different than base Goku in that game. Extreme Butoden did him justice from what I've seen. I think he'd be beautiful in this. On another note I'm very impressed and excited thus far. It's a cop regardless!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:17 pm

What an exciting trailer. These dramatic moments must have the option to be turned off they are just too long! I can't have my rhythm broken by waiting 25 seconds for a cut-scene.

This game just gave me a new goal, discover all the possible cut-scenes. :D

Hopefully the live stream next monday will give us extended gameplay. Did Hit have a counter? Beerus kicking his energy balls was great. I want to see those character in action badly.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:56 pm

LightBing wrote:What an exciting trailer. These dramatic moments must have the option to be turned off they are just too long! I can't have my rhythm broken by waiting 25 seconds for a cut-scene.

Hopefully the live stream next monday will give us extended gameplay. Did Hit have a counter? Beerus kicking his energy balls was great. I want to see those character in action badly.
Eh, most of them are too specific to be frequent. I doubt you'll be killing Yamcha with Saibaimen everytime you play.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Frieza blowing up Krillin is more likely special intro. Something like special intros BlazBlue (Jin vs Ragna, for example). I believe, the game will have special intros and outros for fights.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:01 pm

From what was said, the cutscenes in the fights only come up in especific circumtances (which exactly they are isn`t known yet) and you can turn it off. So, you don`t have the scene playing everytime you have Freeza versus Goku with Kuririn down on life bar.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
LightBing wrote:What an exciting trailer. These dramatic moments must have the option to be turned off they are just too long! I can't have my rhythm broken by waiting 25 seconds for a cut-scene.

Eh, most of them are too specific to be frequent. I doubt you'll be killing Yamcha with Saibaimen everytime you play.
There seems to be a bunch of them which makes it more likely. If this feature can't be turned off it's sure to damage the changes of the game being competitive. While viewers mind find it cool players wont, specially if you're pressuring your opponent and this gives them time to breed for a bit. It also interrupts exciting moments.
I bet even casual players eventually will get tired of seeing the same scene, because most likely they use a small range of characters and might get a bit tired seeing Cell smash #16 head.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:18 pm

LightBing wrote:There seems to be a bunch of them which makes it more likely. If this feature can't be turned off it's sure to damage the changes of the game being competitive. While viewers mind find it cool players wont, specially if you're pressuring your opponent and this gives them time to breed for a bit. It also interrupts exciting moments.
I bet even casual players eventually will get tired of seeing the same scene, because most likely they use a small range of characters and might get a bit tired seeing Cell smash #16 head.
The game already has breathing room when a team member gets knocked out. This isn't like Marvel where team members will just come in ready to eat a happy birthday. There's already a brief cutscene when a new team member comes in after one is knocked out and these will just replace those. Plus IIRC those can already be skipped with a button.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:38 pm

They left T poses in the DBFZ trailer.

Look at the part where Black is doing his level 3. The clones he generates are all T posed.
LightBing wrote: There seems to be a bunch of them which makes it more likely. If this feature can't be turned off it's sure to damage the changes of the game being competitive.
This feature can be switched off.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:48 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
LightBing wrote:There seems to be a bunch of them which makes it more likely. If this feature can't be turned off it's sure to damage the changes of the game being competitive. While viewers mind find it cool players wont, specially if you're pressuring your opponent and this gives them time to breed for a bit. It also interrupts exciting moments.
The game already has breathing room when a team member gets knocked out. This isn't like Marvel where team members will just come in ready to eat a happy birthday. There's already a brief cutscene when a new team member comes in after one is knocked out and these will just replace those. Plus IIRC those can already be skipped with a button.
That's like 3 seconds, Goku going SSJ from the trailer was 21 seconds. It's not even close.
MainJPW wrote:This feature can be switched off.
Could you please link to where it's said?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:23 pm

- Jump Festa 2018 Trailer -

Awesome trailer! Probably one of my favourite DB videogame trailers of all time.
The use of We Were Angels as background music was surprising, but brilliant at the same time.

Beerus and Hit look great, but Black is on his own level. Seriously even his intro is perfect. I wasn't expecting them to use that personification effect from the anime.
It's cool to see they are using DBS anime as priority instead of the manga. There's nothing fun about Black in the manga.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:32 pm

LightBing wrote: That's like 3 seconds, Goku going SSJ from the trailer was 21 seconds. It's not even close.
We can probably skip it.They want to keep the fight as fast-paced as they can, even getting rid of beam struggles because it removes the pacing of the match (in addition to it just being a test of how much you can button mash). We can even skip intros and outros.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:36 pm

LightBing wrote:Hopefully the live stream next monday will give us extended gameplay. Did Hit have a counter?
Yes, at 1:31. I found it weird they have him do a reel first.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:39 pm

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s742/sh/ ... 8f9d65a14e

Here's an interview with the developers on DBFZ.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~