"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:09 pm

I have to say today is miles better than yesterday. There were times I was kicked mid fight, or during the rematch prompt. Other than that, had some solid fights. Fights I did well, fights I shouldn't have lost, and some where I was murdered relentlessly,

I've been playing since 9am (eastern time) and have not stopped. My hands hurt, and I don't care. This is going to be an addicting game, for me anyway.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Yes, I've also heard from many people that the situation has greatly improved.

Anyways, I loved what I played and now can't wait for the real game. I'm going to be making sweet love to both FighterZ and Monster Hunter World next Friday.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Game is SOOOOO GOOOOOOOD. I am loving this. I feel like the King of Casuals XD
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Finally managed to get some stable time in the beta and the game is freaking awesome. Great controls, fast paced action, fantastic soundtrack and a pretty decent tutorial. The only minus is that the lip-synching for the English dub is way off.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:58 pm

As much as I'm loving the game, man I do not have the thumbs for quarter-circles. So many times I've tried to get a super off to finish a combo and ended up doing a grab while they were out of range. Or worse, a fireball special that ended up being a dinky crouching projectile. It's even cost me some matches.

Also, while I've resisted the urge to do autocombos, I have become a little too reliant on Dragon Rush/Z Vanish spam. It won me quite a few matches, which gave me the false impression i was skilled at the game. Then I went up against someone who was doing the same thing and got stomped. I wish reflecting DRs was more of a punish, it feels like there should be a slight hitstun if you parry them. As it stands I feel like they can go straight into a block or vanish.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:42 pm

They really deserve props for the netcode. I have wireless crappy australian internet and nearly all my matches ran as smooth as a local game, it was incredible. If I try to fight anyone in XV2 its a crazy mess of lag, ridiculously poor hit detection, hits not registering and more, it's basically unplayable.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:52 am

At first I wasn’t too sure about this game since I was getting my ass kicked non-stop, but once things clicked and I started winning, I started having a ton of fun. My only complaint is the English dubbing not being in line with the lip flaps whatsoever, and how long it takes to find a match. I can be waiting 3 minutes to find one, and then the guy doesn’t even respond so I have to wait another minute.

EDIT: Also let me just say that Damian Mills' Freeza is amazing. I really didn't like what little I heard of him before this game, but damn he's got that shit down perfectly.
Last edited by Asura on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:42 am

nato25 wrote:They really deserve props for the netcode. I have wireless crappy australian internet and nearly all my matches ran as smooth as a local game, it was incredible. If I try to fight anyone in XV2 its a crazy mess of lag, ridiculously poor hit detection, hits not registering and more, it's basically unplayable.
My biggest concern as an Aussie going into this game was if my internet could handle it. I dunno how the fuck they did it, but it's actually possible to play this game online with my garbage ass internet. Now that is an achievement right there. Waaay better than XV2.

My god, this game is just too much hype. Finishing off your opponent with a level 3 is the most satisfying thing ever. I am so happy that this game exists and I am so happy that it is actually living up to the hype. I haven't had this much fun with a fighting game since Tekken 3, and this was only the beta! Can't wait for the 26th of January when the full thing comes out.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:41 am

So far the only character i don't like to use is krillin.

i don't know whether he's bad or he's just simply hard to use.

Also i gotta say , the net-code in this game is incredible , better than all fighting games iv played.
My English is poor .

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:24 am

Once the network issues were sorted, the game was smooth as silk. I only had one, maybe two matches where lag was a noticeable issue and I live in *regional* Australia.

All in all, they nailed it.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:58 am

Extra beta for you guys. Next time let's give them time to solve the problems before waving the pitchforks, that attitude doesn't help anyone.
Oh and thanks for helping make the game better for when it releases, I appreciate it.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/statu ... 2649724928

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:17 am

Sweet! I hope it's on a Friday, I'm off work then.

Honestly, I don't know if it needed an extra day. They had everything well sorted by the end. I'm wondering if it's just a PR move, since the initial problems blew up and caught them a lot of flak. Either way, another day can't hurt.

On an unrelated topic, did anyone catch that English Goku calls himself "Son Goku" in one of the intros? That's only the second time Sean's ever done that, right? Would be cool if it meant they were finally ditching the refusal to use it.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:34 am

Kataphrut wrote:On an unrelated topic, did anyone catch that English Goku calls himself "Son Goku" in one of the intros? That's only the second time Sean's ever done that, right? Would be cool if it meant they were finally ditching the refusal to use it.
He said it in Burst Limit and Kai so this is the 3rd time. Unless he used it in some other game that I can't remember.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:28 am

https://youtu.be/1hX1KSKqVmo

IGN posted a video of Gohan & Cell's Dramatic intro I'm English. They didn't trigger the ending tho.

https://youtu.be/lEDAunS3XAE

They also have one of Goku and Freeza but we have seen that one before, although maybe only in Japanese.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:15 am

omegalucas wrote:IGN posted a video of Gohan & Cell's Dramatic intro I'm English. They didn't trigger the ending tho.
Man this one was underwhelming, I would like to see in japanese for the comparison.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:21 am

Cold Skin wrote:
AndyAvenue91 wrote: Out of curiosity do we know what the second Dramatic Finish included in the beta is? I know Goku vs Frieza is one of them so I assume Goky vs Kid Buu is the other but I haven't been able to find it on YouTube.
I've seen people on forums saying it's Goku telling Krilin to spare Vegeta, but I don't know if it's true or any more detail.
I suppose it would require Goku to be KO on your team and beating Vegeta with Krilin in the rocky landscape. But I can't confirm.

People online should really learn how to let you win or do the right thing to trigger a Dramatic Finish when you let them win.
You don't let go of an occasion to see this when you're lucky enough to have the right set of fighters in the battle, you play along with the opponent and victory be damned! That's no big deal to let go of the victory for once, but a Dramatic Finish is a big deal you should sacrifice everything for! Don't they understand how dramatic those finishes are?
Is there a video of Goku telling Krillin to spare Vegeta? Because I can't find anything.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:23 pm

http://dba.bn-ent.net/dlc/

It's confirmed: the BGM pack has the FLOW version of CHA LA HEAD CHA LA.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by New_Guy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:39 pm

omegalucas wrote:http://dba.bn-ent.net/dlc/

NOOOO! Why??? Lol it's actually a bit funny because I had a feeling they would do this. But seriously though. Idk why but Battle of Z and Xenoverse 1 caused me to have a great loathing for this version of the song.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:57 pm

omegalucas wrote:It's confirmed: the BGM pack has the FLOW version of CHA LA HEAD CHA LA.
Damn! What's the problem with the original Kageyama version? :problem:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:04 pm

omegalucas wrote:http://dba.bn-ent.net/dlc/

We've known about this for ages. I've even talked about it in this very thread. The tracklist is the same as the one that Xenoverse received which included the FLOW version of CHA-LA.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!