"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1514
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:28 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:that brown colour with the black feels like its teasing me with Raditz, please be so.


Ok, I'm confused. What are you talking about?


https://youtu.be/z-NVZ2gzcG4?t=120

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4502
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby MCDaveG » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:09 am

They are updatong the gamw right before DLC release, so that is why we had only Jiren and Videl datamined? Or do you think, we will know more soon? :)
''Grillin! Open your eyes, Grillin!''

User avatar
Bryesque
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Bryesque » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:51 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Bryesque wrote:I wouldn't mind Raditz, but there are a bunch of other characters who deserve a slot before he does. Two Brolys already feels like kind of a waste of space here... I'd really prefer they use their remaining DLC on a wider representation of characters instead of even more Saiyans (especially since there multiple versions of the same Saiyan characters filling up the roster already).

Basically, Roshi or I riot. :lol:


Oh my God - this. This so much.

Broly from the movie feels so, so, SO unnecessary. That's like having jumpsuit ToP 18 or jumpsuit RoF Gohan as 'new' characters. When we still don't have characters like Janemba, Roshi, Gero, Tao Pai Pai, Trio de Dangers, Ribrianne, Kefla, God Toppo, Dyspo, Zarbon, #19, Dabura, Slug, Bojack, Kid Goku, Piccolo Daimaoh, and a dozen others.


Yes, I get that they're trying to capitalize on the hype of the movie - but they knew a Broly movie was in the works as they made the game - they could've ditched DBZ Broly altogether and release him once as the very first DLC character of Season 2.

Heck, I find Gogeta unnecessary when Vegetto is already in the roster. Just make him an alternate costume for Chrisake - he's literally the same fusion with a different method.


Definitely on the same page! If they're able and willing to do alternate skins/models like Videl, there's no reason they couldn't make DBS Broly an alternate costume, and the same definitely goes for Vegetto/Gogeta. (I'm not super fond of the countless Goku and Vegeta variants either, but if they made alternate skins of some other SSJ forms, that would help justify it a bit...?)

It's such a great game and does such a nice job representing the look and feel of the series that I wish the roster was more "definitive" (for example, I'd rather have most of the characters you listed than, say, Cooler). This is the one game where I'd buy more season passes without complaining too much, though. :lol:

User avatar
ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ShadowBardock89 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:02 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:that brown colour with the black feels like its teasing me with Raditz, please be so.


Ok, I'm confused. What are you talking about?


https://youtu.be/z-NVZ2gzcG4?t=120


I hate to say it, but it might be Roshi.
The next two are obviously Broly: BR (stupid designation) and SSB Gogeta.
After them, I'd say the purple one is Kefla. If they are going to keep the ToP theme, then the brown one is either Cabba or Roshi.
As much as I'd love to see Raditz in THE most hype Dragon Ball game of all, I just do not see it unless the theme is [SAIYANS!!].
Its as if this game DOESN'T want my money.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13822
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Hellspawn28 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:47 pm

I won't mind if they did both Raditz and Tullece. You get two low class warriors and it would be a good way to complete the base Saiyan roster.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

ruler9871
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ruler9871 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:46 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I won't mind if they did both Raditz and Tullece. You get two low class warriors and it would be a good way to complete the base Saiyan roster.


No more Goku's & Goku lookalikes. Please

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13822
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Hellspawn28 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:39 pm

Tullece has a different moveset from Goku and will probably play different from him.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
Tai Lung
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Tai Lung » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:29 am

in any case raditz is better option than turles
and turles is not that it has many interesting movements
I also do not see possible to cabba in addition it is very similar to vegeta in movements

janemba or Kefla and raditz or roshi
the worst case ... dodoria or android 13 ...

Nickolaidas
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 983
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Nickolaidas » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:28 am

Bryesque wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Bryesque wrote:I wouldn't mind Raditz, but there are a bunch of other characters who deserve a slot before he does. Two Brolys already feels like kind of a waste of space here... I'd really prefer they use their remaining DLC on a wider representation of characters instead of even more Saiyans (especially since there multiple versions of the same Saiyan characters filling up the roster already).

Basically, Roshi or I riot. :lol:


Oh my God - this. This so much.

Broly from the movie feels so, so, SO unnecessary. That's like having jumpsuit ToP 18 or jumpsuit RoF Gohan as 'new' characters. When we still don't have characters like Janemba, Roshi, Gero, Tao Pai Pai, Trio de Dangers, Ribrianne, Kefla, God Toppo, Dyspo, Zarbon, #19, Dabura, Slug, Bojack, Kid Goku, Piccolo Daimaoh, and a dozen others.


Yes, I get that they're trying to capitalize on the hype of the movie - but they knew a Broly movie was in the works as they made the game - they could've ditched DBZ Broly altogether and release him once as the very first DLC character of Season 2.

Heck, I find Gogeta unnecessary when Vegetto is already in the roster. Just make him an alternate costume for Chrisake - he's literally the same fusion with a different method.


Definitely on the same page! If they're able and willing to do alternate skins/models like Videl, there's no reason they couldn't make DBS Broly an alternate costume, and the same definitely goes for Vegetto/Gogeta. (I'm not super fond of the countless Goku and Vegeta variants either, but if they made alternate skins of some other SSJ forms, that would help justify it a bit...?)

It's such a great game and does such a nice job representing the look and feel of the series that I wish the roster was more "definitive" (for example, I'd rather have most of the characters you listed than, say, Cooler). This is the one game where I'd buy more season passes without complaining too much, though. :lol:



Woah woah WOAH there.

Cooler was the best addition to this game. No joke.

User avatar
Bryesque
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Bryesque » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:34 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
Bryesque wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Oh my God - this. This so much.

Broly from the movie feels so, so, SO unnecessary. That's like having jumpsuit ToP 18 or jumpsuit RoF Gohan as 'new' characters. When we still don't have characters like Janemba, Roshi, Gero, Tao Pai Pai, Trio de Dangers, Ribrianne, Kefla, God Toppo, Dyspo, Zarbon, #19, Dabura, Slug, Bojack, Kid Goku, Piccolo Daimaoh, and a dozen others.


Yes, I get that they're trying to capitalize on the hype of the movie - but they knew a Broly movie was in the works as they made the game - they could've ditched DBZ Broly altogether and release him once as the very first DLC character of Season 2.

Heck, I find Gogeta unnecessary when Vegetto is already in the roster. Just make him an alternate costume for Chrisake - he's literally the same fusion with a different method.


Definitely on the same page! If they're able and willing to do alternate skins/models like Videl, there's no reason they couldn't make DBS Broly an alternate costume, and the same definitely goes for Vegetto/Gogeta. (I'm not super fond of the countless Goku and Vegeta variants either, but if they made alternate skins of some other SSJ forms, that would help justify it a bit...?)

It's such a great game and does such a nice job representing the look and feel of the series that I wish the roster was more "definitive" (for example, I'd rather have most of the characters you listed than, say, Cooler). This is the one game where I'd buy more season passes without complaining too much, though. :lol:


Woah woah WOAH there.

Cooler was the best addition to this game. No joke.


...okay, I've gotta admit I've barely played the character... guess I'll have to rectify that? :oops:

I do see why they've made the choices they've made... Cooler and Broly are popular characters and they're always gonna be in high demand with a lot of fans. I just want them to balance that with the more "important" and/or "canon characters too. (Then again, I was shocked and pleased to see Videl included, so hopefully that's a positive sign?)

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby excelhedge » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:54 am

mute_proxy wrote:
excelhedge wrote:So we have
Gohan from Super and High School Videl from Z

If there are no quotes in the game making fun of this I swear.

Also, I'm kinda disappointed Videl doesn't have her Super design as the Alt. to match up with Gohan.


The Gohan we have is also from Z. All of his moves are from the Buu saga, he just happens to be wearing the same orange gi in the ToP again


All the Characters from that are in the story mode are from Super. It's fairly obvious from the story and from the fight introductions and outros.

User avatar
mute_proxy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 859
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mute_proxy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:09 pm

excelhedge wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
excelhedge wrote:So we have
Gohan from Super and High School Videl from Z

If there are no quotes in the game making fun of this I swear.

Also, I'm kinda disappointed Videl doesn't have her Super design as the Alt. to match up with Gohan.


The Gohan we have is also from Z. All of his moves are from the Buu saga, he just happens to be wearing the same orange gi in the ToP again


All the Characters from that are in the story mode are from Super. It's fairly obvious from the story and from the fight introductions and outros.


What matters is the moveset. Android 16 and Android 18 are also in the story mode, but both of their movesets are taken straight from Z. The same goes for Gohan, he's placed in the story mode because he looks the same, but considering his ingame (not story) character, he's not from Super. The introductions and outros are unrelated to the timeline, they vary according to the character relations, it means nothing, as how Videl has a personalized intro with teen Gohan.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby excelhedge » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:17 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
excelhedge wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
The Gohan we have is also from Z. All of his moves are from the Buu saga, he just happens to be wearing the same orange gi in the ToP again


All the Characters from that are in the story mode are from Super. It's fairly obvious from the story and from the fight introductions and outros.


What matters is the moveset. Android 16 and Android 18 are also in the story mode, but both of their movesets are taken straight from Z. The same goes for Gohan, he's placed in the story mode because he looks the same, but considering his ingame (not story) character, he's not from Super. The introductions and outros are unrelated to the timeline, they vary according to the character relations, it means nothing, as how Videl has a personalized intro with teen Gohan.


Are you serious right now? The majority of the cast are from super, the story takes place during super. Saying they are from Z soley based on moveset when most of the cast have the exact same moves between Z and Super is to be frank, denial.

User avatar
mute_proxy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 859
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mute_proxy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:38 am

excelhedge wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
excelhedge wrote:
All the Characters from that are in the story mode are from Super. It's fairly obvious from the story and from the fight introductions and outros.


What matters is the moveset. Android 16 and Android 18 are also in the story mode, but both of their movesets are taken straight from Z. The same goes for Gohan, he's placed in the story mode because he looks the same, but considering his ingame (not story) character, he's not from Super. The introductions and outros are unrelated to the timeline, they vary according to the character relations, it means nothing, as how Videl has a personalized intro with teen Gohan.


Are you serious right now? The majority of the cast are from super, the story takes place during super. Saying they are from Z soley based on moveset when most of the cast have the exact same moves between Z and Super is to be frank, denial.


The story mode is a non canon story made with the assets at hand, which in this case involves Z characters (adjusting the story to seem like they belong in Super). None of the cast I mentioned use the same moveset in Super. They were not designed based on the story mode's needs, it's a fighting game foremostly, not an rpg. Adding remarks like "are you serious?" and "in denial" won't make you sound more credible either.

Jord
Regular
Posts: 607
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Jord » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:15 am

mute_proxy wrote:
excelhedge wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
What matters is the moveset. Android 16 and Android 18 are also in the story mode, but both of their movesets are taken straight from Z. The same goes for Gohan, he's placed in the story mode because he looks the same, but considering his ingame (not story) character, he's not from Super. The introductions and outros are unrelated to the timeline, they vary according to the character relations, it means nothing, as how Videl has a personalized intro with teen Gohan.


Are you serious right now? The majority of the cast are from super, the story takes place during super. Saying they are from Z soley based on moveset when most of the cast have the exact same moves between Z and Super is to be frank, denial.


The story mode is a non canon story made with the assets at hand, which in this case involves Z characters (adjusting the story to seem like they belong in Super). None of the cast I mentioned use the same moveset in Super. They were not designed based on the story mode's needs, it's a fighting game foremostly, not an rpg. Adding remarks like "are you serious?" and "in denial" won't make you sound more credible either.


To add to this, the overwhelming majority of characters that is featured in both series have their trademark 'Z' costumes (or in Ginyu's case, body)
An easy decision since at least for now, the Z brand is much more recognized than Super's.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby excelhedge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:44 am

Jord wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
excelhedge wrote:
Are you serious right now? The majority of the cast are from super, the story takes place during super. Saying they are from Z soley based on moveset when most of the cast have the exact same moves between Z and Super is to be frank, denial.


The story mode is a non canon story made with the assets at hand, which in this case involves Z characters (adjusting the story to seem like they belong in Super). None of the cast I mentioned use the same moveset in Super. They were not designed based on the story mode's needs, it's a fighting game foremostly, not an rpg. Adding remarks like "are you serious?" and "in denial" won't make you sound more credible either.


To add to this, the overwhelming majority of characters that is featured in both series have their trademark 'Z' costumes (or in Ginyu's case, body)
An easy decision since at least for now, the Z brand is much more recognized than Super's.


Sure ingore the fact that the same "signature" costumes also appear in Super or that Super in suppossed to that place shortly after Z's Buu Saga. How about the humongous fact that Toei has pushing to marketing Super instead of Z to the point that you no longer see "Z" on any merchandise.

Since your basing it soley on movesets tell me what moves are so exclusive to characters in Z that they can't do in Super?

Keep being in Denial. I'm done. Cuz I'm not gonna spam the thread with this argument.

User avatar
mute_proxy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 859
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mute_proxy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:06 am

excelhedge wrote:
Jord wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
The story mode is a non canon story made with the assets at hand, which in this case involves Z characters (adjusting the story to seem like they belong in Super). None of the cast I mentioned use the same moveset in Super. They were not designed based on the story mode's needs, it's a fighting game foremostly, not an rpg. Adding remarks like "are you serious?" and "in denial" won't make you sound more credible either.


To add to this, the overwhelming majority of characters that is featured in both series have their trademark 'Z' costumes (or in Ginyu's case, body)
An easy decision since at least for now, the Z brand is much more recognized than Super's.


Sure ingore the fact that the same "signature" costumes also appear in Super or that Super in suppossed to that place shortly after Z's Buu Saga. How about the humongous fact that Toei has pushing to marketing Super instead of Z to the point that you no longer see "Z" on any merchandise.

Since your basing it soley on movesets tell me what moves are so exclusive to characters in Z that they can't do in Super?

Keep being in Denial. I'm done. Cuz I'm not gonna spam the thread with this argument.


"Same costume" isn't "same character". It's called FighterZ, not FighterSuper, and it's not developed by Toei. Toei is pushing Super merch in Japan, but overseas, the main label is still Z (outside of Japan they're even relabeling Super merch that shouldn't be labeled Super in the first place). Every move is exclusive to Z because they were never used in Super. It's not that they can't use those moves in Super, it's the fact that they didn't. Every single move is a reference to the Z portion of the manga and anime. Your arguments are extremely weak, and the smartass attitude isn't helping your point.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby excelhedge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:53 am

mute_proxy wrote:
excelhedge wrote:
Jord wrote:
To add to this, the overwhelming majority of characters that is featured in both series have their trademark 'Z' costumes (or in Ginyu's case, body)
An easy decision since at least for now, the Z brand is much more recognized than Super's.


Sure ingore the fact that the same "signature" costumes also appear in Super or that Super in suppossed to that place shortly after Z's Buu Saga. How about the humongous fact that Toei has pushing to marketing Super instead of Z to the point that you no longer see "Z" on any merchandise.

Since your basing it soley on movesets tell me what moves are so exclusive to characters in Z that they can't do in Super?

Keep being in Denial. I'm done. Cuz I'm not gonna spam the thread with this argument.


"Same costume" isn't "same character". It's called FighterZ, not FighterSuper, and it's not developed by Toei. Toei is pushing Super merch in Japan, but overseas, the main label is still Z (outside of Japan they're even relabeling Super merch that shouldn't be labeled Super in the first place). Every move is exclusive to Z because they were never used in Super. It's not that they can't use those moves in Super, it's the fact that they didn't. Every single move is a reference to the Z portion of the manga and anime. Your arguments are extremely weak, and the smartass attitude isn't helping your point.


Says the guy resorting to insults...

Like I said I'm done. Have fun in your denial.

User avatar
mute_proxy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 859
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mute_proxy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:02 pm

excelhedge wrote:
Says the guy resorting to insults...

Like I said I'm done. Have fun in your denial.


I did not insult nor did I intend to, stop making shit up. And you said you were done two times already, carry on please :crazy:

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby excelhedge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:11 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
excelhedge wrote:
Says the guy resorting to insults...

Like I said I'm done. Have fun in your denial.


I did not insult nor did I intend to, stop making shit up. And you said you were done two times already, carry on please :crazy:


Calling me a "smartass" not a insult? Yep. Totally not insulting.


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests