Would you play a QTE DBZ Game?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Would you play a QTE DBZ Game?

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:51 pm

QTE - Quick Time Event. Pressing a button at the right time or pressing the trigger button in the right area for positive results, the opposite being true if done wrong. Most Well Known QTE: Heavy Rain. Newest QTE: Until Dawn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quick_time_event

We all know the story, and we all have our favorite DBZ fighter game, but for something completely different, a QTE Game?

Pros:
-Something completely new.
-A fresh way to play the Story Mode
-A way to bring new people into learning the series without having to learn how to play fighting games.
-Branching storylines-see below

Cons:
-Not a fighting game (I do like fighters, personally)

But the biggest draw to a QTE would be branching storylines. QTEs biggest draw is that the story changes cinematic-ally as you play it. And to keep things fresh, recent DBZ games divulge in what if sagas. Well a QTE plus DBZ could result in the most extensive divergent game in the franchise. Having Goku not release Raditz's tail, or preventing Yamcha from being taken out by a Saibaman or keeping Gohan from saving Dende, or have Raditz murder Goku and Piccolo and Gohan, or have all the Z Fighters killed by Nappa, or having Dodoria catch up to Krillin and Gohan and Vegeta showing up at that time. Just for examples.

Would anyone be interested in seeing this, or not so much?

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Would you play a QTE DBZ Game?

Post by Doctor. » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Something like Asura's Wrath in DBZ style? Aw hell yea, no questions asked, lol. They just need to get good writers, because that's how these games thrive.

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:36 pm

Ultimate Tenkaichi came to mind as soon as I saw the title. But no.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:32 pm

Ultimate Tenkaichi and Kinect are effectively QTE games.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:56 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Ultimate Tenkaichi and Kinect are effectively QTE games.
They don't count. Try looking up a video on Heavy Rain. That's actual QTE.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:18 am

If you're talking about something like Asura's Wrath, I would play that. It would be a neat partially-interactive way to go through events from the series. It would probably be something I'd even play more than once! However, it wouldn't be something I'd pay $60 for. It would have to be released at a discount for me to give it a shot.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:05 pm

I did, but I didn't really like Ultimate Tenkaichi. *insert rimshot here*

That's really what it was. It just didn't have branching paths in the story like Heavy Rain.
As far as branching storylines, Xenoverse kinda showed that they wouldn't even fully go with that. Maybe in an original storyline, but it'd always have a clear predetermined ending.
Kendamu wrote:If you're talking about something like Asura's Wrath, I would play that.
Hell, I'd even buy Asura's Wrath again if they fixed the framerate.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:29 am

As many people have already said, if it's something like Asura' Wrath, which is fucking awesome, I'd certainly be very interested.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:46 pm

I most certainly would.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~