DragonBall: Raging Blast (PS3/360)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

DragonBall: Raging Blast (PS3/360)

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue May 19, 2009 11:53 am

For PS3 and 360, that new DBZ game has a name.

So... Anybody have a better scan? More information? What do you think? Is this a Sparking game? Or is it a Burst Limit game?

Click here to check out the new screens
Last edited by Innagadadavida on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Tue May 19, 2009 11:56 am

Well, judging by the graphic style and how that Namek stage looks, it looks to be in the same vein as a Sparking!!! game. YAHOOO!!!
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue May 19, 2009 11:59 am

More scans and images:

Sources:
http://www.n4g.com/News-330705.aspx
http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/ ... /5470.html

The angles and poses tell me that this is a SPARKING game. I'm so excited right now. I have to go make a video.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue May 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Is it me or are the titles getting more extreme sounding?

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Tue May 19, 2009 12:46 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Is it me or are the titles getting more extreme sounding?
Was thinking that too. Doesn't "Raging Blast" sound like some sort of hentai super move?

Also, a long time ago wasn't Mike talking about Dragon Ball games never keep their original titles when they come to NA? Was Burst Limit the first?

I ask because I'm doubting Raging Blast will be the title here.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 19, 2009 12:58 pm

Haseowolf wrote:Also, a long time ago wasn't Mike talking about Dragon Ball games never keep their original titles when they come to NA? Was Burst Limit the first?

I ask because I'm doubting Raging Blast will be the title here.
Technically the Budokai games saw a North American release before their Japanese counterparts, so that's a difficult one to say. The Sparking! series was indeed (incorrectly) renamed for its foreign distribution, though.

Before that, Final Bout and Ultimate Battle 22 had their proper titles. Legendary Super Warriors was also fairly accurate of a translation. Advance Adventure just had a "d" added to its first word, but the Bukuu... games received entirely new titles (Super Sonic Warriors).

Really, the titles are all over the map in terms of accuracy.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue May 19, 2009 1:00 pm

It looks a lot like a Sparking game... :shock:

And it even says Sparking!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue May 19, 2009 1:37 pm

Shit. This looks like more of the same crap. Tanooki is not amused. :cry: I'am so sick of these cookie cutter video games. The only thing I'll get excited about with this game is the new production art.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue May 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Shit. This looks like more of the same crap. Tanooki is not amused. :cry: I'am so sick of these cookie cutter video games. The only thing I'll get excited about with this game is the new production art.
I really don't want to be one of those guys who says "we can't know that yet." But... Let's just wait and see. We all know the series has a lot of potential. And they've had, at most, 3 years to work on it. I'll be disappointed if it is the same ol' same.

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Tue May 19, 2009 2:38 pm

At first I thought it said "Racing Blast," but got my hopes up when I saw it's "Raging Blast." (Ha ha, I want a DragonBall racing game :lol: ) I seriously hope this isn't another Sparking! game. I'm sick of it and want a new fighting system already! Or at least another genre of game (Like DBZ Kart Racing! :lol: ).
Founder of The Dragonball: Evolution Archive.
You must have faith in who you are.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue May 19, 2009 2:40 pm

I hope they do something to set it apart from some of the other games. Like some really inventive backdrops or some rpg-ish elements like allowing you to walk around West City and such (ala those Gameboy "Legacy" titles.)

EDIT: Oh! You know what would really make my day if this game had; "Bad Man" Vegeta as a playable character.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue May 19, 2009 3:01 pm

Thank Kami I'm getting a 360 this week.

Now I'll have access to both upcoming DragonBall games :)
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue May 19, 2009 3:01 pm

I wonder if this means we won't see a Burst Limit 2.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue May 19, 2009 3:23 pm

YES! It's called DRAGONBALL without a Z! This has huge potential to be a great fighter featuring tons of fighters from all three series. Namco-BanDai, make this one a beefed up, and prettier Sparking! Meteor, please!

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Tue May 19, 2009 3:39 pm

I'm surprised. I wanted Burst Limit 2. Hhhmm, maybe Namco Bandai will do a Raging Blast one year, and a Burst Limit the other?
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue May 19, 2009 3:57 pm

SonGokuGT wrote:YES! It's called DRAGONBALL without a Z! This has huge potential to be a great fighter featuring tons of fighters from all three series. Namco-BanDai, make this one a beefed up, and prettier Sparking! Meteor, please!
I actually just noticed that myself upon second viewing.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue May 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Is it just me, or does the SS(J) Vegeta in that scan look really..."round".

Kinda like Toriyama's Pre-Z art style...kind of.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue May 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Yeah, I noticed the characters look a lot softer in comparison to the other games. Not only do they look roundish, but the lines are also much thinner than the previous Tenkaichi games.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue May 19, 2009 5:06 pm

It looks like those screen shots were taken directly from the PS2 version... I swear to god if this game doesn't have better visuals and a shit ton more costumes I'm going to "raging blast" a cap in some one's ass.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue May 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Shit. I really wanted a Burst Limit 2. Woo, we get another shitty Spike game.