"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Post by DNA » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:11 pm

I wouldn't expect any game news any time soon, not with all the catastrophe that struck Japan.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:42 pm

mysticboy wrote:I could have sworn I seen scans of the first Raging Blast in March 09. Then again it probably was May as well... Freakin' M's :oops: :lol:
Nah. Checking back for the first game, even that one was initially announced in May of its respective year (2009).

A possible third one still has some time.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:30 pm

DNA wrote:I wouldn't expect any game news any time soon, not with all the catastrophe that struck Japan.
I agree, i heard one of my friends say they're putting One Piece on hold so I wonder what that means for Dragon Ball.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:22 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
DNA wrote:I wouldn't expect any game news any time soon, not with all the catastrophe that struck Japan.
I agree, i heard one of my friends say they're putting One Piece on hold so I wonder what that means for Dragon Ball.
According to the news on Kanzentai.com, the whole Dream 9 was put on hold. And probably more things as well. It's not really the time to waste with cartoons over in Japan, it also would be in bad taste in my opinion.

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:04 pm

People are expecting a third game? Huh, I was pretty sure this'd be our last.
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Goten Forever » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

DNA wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:
According to the news on Kanzentai.com, the whole Dream 9 was put on hold. And probably more things as well. It's not really the time to waste with cartoons over in Japan, it also would be in bad taste in my opinion.
Please not Hellsing... Please not Hellsing...
Hellsing OVA 8, coming Spring 2011
umg I've been waiting forever for it

Its because they simply cant afford it what with all this aid going to the hit areas.
SON GOTEN FTW
except GT Goten
Especially after he went out with Paresu-chan

Rad Raddish
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rad Raddish » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Hopefully someone can help me with this question, the latest news update on the main site got me curious:
While the primary soundtrack for the Raging Blast games in Japan has been a synthesized version of Shunsuke Kikuchi's original score for DragonBall Z, the cover art reveals that the soundtrack release will consist (exclusively?) of music from the "overseas version" — that is to say, Japan's own soundtrack for their own game does not even contain their own music, but rather the replacement score. This is quite a shock, to say the least.
I was under the impression that the score was the same across all versions (for Raging Blast 1/2 and Tag VS. at least)? If that's not the case, do they use any of the cool tracks from Sparking or are there new takes on Shunsuke Kikuchi's score? I'd like to hear some examples/samples if possible, too, reading that got me interested.
:lol:
"Ah ha ha ha! Ah, excuse me, has anyone seen my arm? Ha ha ha ha! You can't miss it, it's green."
-Raditz

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Rad Raddish wrote:Hopefully someone can help me with this question, the latest news update on the main site got me curious:
While the primary soundtrack for the Raging Blast games in Japan has been a synthesized version of Shunsuke Kikuchi's original score for DragonBall Z, the cover art reveals that the soundtrack release will consist (exclusively?) of music from the "overseas version" — that is to say, Japan's own soundtrack for their own game does not even contain their own music, but rather the replacement score. This is quite a shock, to say the least.
I was under the impression that the score was the same across all versions (for Raging Blast 1/2 and Tag VS. at least)? If that's not the case, do they use any of the cool tracks from Sparking or are there new takes on Shunsuke Kikuchi's score? I'd like to hear some examples/samples if possible, too, reading that got me interested.
:lol:
All of your questions will be answered in this thread: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... 12&t=16040.

Rad Raddish
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rad Raddish » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Awesome, thank you so much!
"Ah ha ha ha! Ah, excuse me, has anyone seen my arm? Ha ha ha ha! You can't miss it, it's green."
-Raditz

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:59 pm

I hope I can get your opinions on something.

I bought the first Raging Blast a few months ago. I am currently doing the Star points thing (which I hate).

I figure there is likely to be a Raging Blast 3. Think I should I just wait it out until we start hearing stuff about another Raging Blast (assuming they do it)? I assume it will have all of the "new" characters in it already.

That, and the prospect of a "new" short doesn't do much for me. If I want to see it, I can watch it on Youtube or somewhere else. (I would probably buy a dub on DVD if I'm patient enough)

I look forward to your responses.
Last edited by Sinestro on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Eh, I think I've just decided to wait it out until I hear anything about a RB3.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:51 am

Sinestro wrote:Eh, I think I've just decided to wait it out until I hear anything about a RB3.
Yeah that's probably a good idea, RB2 adds very little in the long run outside of looking pretty. Tournament mode is boss in it though, it's so customizable. I can't really think of any reason to buy RB2 outside of tournament mode or not having RB1.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Namco's Facebook said something huge is coming mid-way.

If that is Raging Blast 3 then

*crosses fingers* Story Mode With Cutscenes Story Mode With Cutscenes Story Mode With Cutscenes Story Mode With Cutscenes

Oh and maybe GT Goku, Vegeta, Baby Vegeta, Baby etc.

Why GT in it? So this game can have more transformations.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:18 pm

What was the actual message?
And it would be weird if they considered Raging Blast 3 to be something huge considering the way it sells and it being Raging Blast 3.

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:40 pm

SRB2Unleashed wrote:Namco's Facebook said something huge is coming mid-way.

If that is Raging Blast 3 then

*crosses fingers* Story Mode With Cutscenes Story Mode With Cutscenes Story Mode With Cutscenes Story Mode With Cutscenes

Oh and maybe GT Goku, Vegeta, Baby Vegeta, Baby etc.

Why GT in it? So this game can have more transformations.
I'm hoping for the reverse: The return of Dragon Ball characters. Although I wouldn't complain if GT characters were added. I still enjoy BT3 as everyone at least once.

But realistically, I don't think either series' characters will be added. Nor would I get my hopes up for high quality cut-scenes.

bleach72

Post by bleach72 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:57 pm

I'm praying that this announcement will be about Zenkai Battle Royale getting a console port. I'm not interested in RB3 because the RB games are getting old.

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 pm

I have a request to anybody who uploads videos of the game, could you please upload the vocie clip on Cooler's profile where he says "No matter how much you scream before that hell, I will show you no mercy."

And while I'm asking, I'm also curious to know if Cooler says something similar to the line "I came here to crucify the Saiyan who took our pride and smeared mud upon it."

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:39 pm

We'll probably get a Raging Blast 3. Wasn't it confirmed in an interview that they had already begun production before Raging Blast 2 was released?

I mean, it's probably a contractual thing.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:17 pm

I remember reading that they are still making games in Japan and the Tokyo Game Show will still happen this fall from what I can remember from Hard News on Youtube?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:48 pm

I know that some game companies were running their business mere days after the disaster. I wouldn't expect any serious software delays over it. New hardware (read: Sony's NGP) may be delayed, but only due to factories being unable to properly function. It's not like every business shut down indefinitely. Game company employees do have to work to support their families, after all.