"Saiya-jin Zetsumetsu Keikaku" Remake

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wasted Wisher
Not-So-Newbie

"Saiya-jin Zetsumetsu Keikaku" Remake

Post by Wasted Wisher » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Hey there, folks. Remember when I told you guys Toei would be making new animation cutscenes for a new Dragonball game, and I didn't have a clue which game it would be for?

Well, now I know. The new animation is for a remake/ re-release of "The Plot to Exterminate the Saiyans". The key animators finally received their first pieces of work for the new game, so I figured it out upon seeing the character models and layouts scanned from the original video.

According to my co-worker, he said the frame size for the animation was rather small, so it will most likely come out for a portable game system. (Maybe this is the Dragonball game slotted for the 3DS?) Other than that, I have no idea as to how the game is going to look like.

Oh, and one more thing...unlike in Dragonball Kai, where the new animation is basically just re-traced from the old footage, the animation here is all-new from the ground up. They'll still be using scans of the old video for the layouts, but that's just for reference (camera angles, positioning, etc.). As far as the actual animation is concerned, it's being re-built from scratch.

(Yeah, that last part's gonna get some reactions, I'm so sure...)

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: I figured it out! And just in time, too.

Post by Freeza Heika » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:45 pm

I think I love you.

I hope the game mechanics them self aren't as linear as the original.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:46 pm

... Hot diggity.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Holy shit. Sweet. Whatever system it's for, if (when!) it gets a US port, I'm buying it!

Wonder if they'll release this as a 'movie' too, like they did before?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

TimeCrash4

Post by TimeCrash4 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Hey there, folks. Remember when I told you guys Toei would be making new animation cutscenes for a new Dragonball game, and I didn't have a clue which game it would be for?

Well, now I know. The new animation is for a remake/ re-release of "The Plot to Exterminate the Saiyans". The key animators finally received their first pieces of work for the new game, so I figured it out upon seeing the character models and layouts scanned from the original video.

According to my co-worker, he said the frame size for the animation was rather small, so it will most likely come out for a portable game system. (Maybe this is the Dragonball game slotted for the 3DS?) Other than that, I have no idea as to how the game is going to look like.

Oh, and one more thing...unlike in Dragonball Kai, where the new animation is basically just re-traced from the old footage, the animation here is all-new from the ground up. They'll still be using scans of the old video for the layouts, but that's just for reference (camera angles, positioning, etc.). As far as the actual animation is concerned, it's being re-built from scratch.

Awesome. Very excited about this.
(Yeah, that last part's gonna get some reactions, I'm so sure...)
Reaction Shot :D

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:52 pm

Y'mean they can't just reuse the old animation as is?

Ah, screw it. I love you, hoss.

EDIT: Heya, can you confirm which era this takes place in? The Cell Games era or the Majin Boo era? The latter would be more awesome, but you are using the old material as reference so I'm not sure that's going to happen...:(

EDIT 2: I don't suppose you know who the key animator is for the entire project? My hopes are on Naoki Tate, a veteran Dragon Ball and One Piece animator who is known for his awesome action scenes. :)
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:03 pm

There is a huge chance we'll get it in English!! This is just a huge breakthrough, thank you for this information.

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Sweet jesus, I think I just jizzed my pants!

Awesome, awesome news!!!
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

Wasted Wisher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Wasted Wisher » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:13 pm

YBM> Can't say for certain who the lead K.A. is. I'll ask when I get back to work (am at home right now as I type this.)
The story still takes place during the Cell Games era, just like in the original.

Freeza Heika> Hmmm, I'm gonna have to work harder. I must have your ABSOLUTE, UNQUESTIONABLE LOVE! Or my plan will never work!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Wasted Wisher wrote:YBM> Can't say for certain who the lead K.A. is. I'll ask when I get back to work (am at home right now as I type this.)
The story still takes place during the Cell Games era, just like in the original.

Freeza Heika> Hmmm, I'm gonna have to work harder. I must have your ABSOLUTE, UNQUESTIONABLE LOVE! Or my plan will never work!
Aww, shucks. Had it taken place during the Boo era they could've played with Present Trunks and Goten as characters (and more shenanigans). >___<
She/Her
bisexual milf

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:23 pm

That would of been fun using little Trunks and Goten, but either way a remake of the PtEtS using brand new, made from scratch animation... that's just all around great news. :)

Thank you Wasted Wisher... you're that dude! :D
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Holy... If this turns out to be for the 3DS, then yet another reason to add to my already large list of reasons to purchase one! :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Choice195
Banned

Post by Choice195 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:39 pm

OH SHIT SON!, lol if this doesn't get a US Release i swear..... :shock:

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Oh HO! YES~!

Kind of funny too, because somebody recently brought up "would Dragon Ball work in 3D?" And we just might get that. Plan to Eradicate style.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:07 pm

I got SUPER excited about this until I saw it was for a handheld, something this big shouldnt be wasted on something small.

There goes that chance.

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:09 pm

This is so much more interesting than another Sparking or Budokai-ish game. :mrgreen:

If this is a portable game I hope it's for 3DS rather than PSP. A US release seems pretty much guaranteed for whatever system the game is for.

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Very exciting news, hope this will be released for the Nintendo 3DS. :D
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:26 pm

They should port it to all 3 consoles. Non-handheld people should gt to play this too since it was a console game to start with.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:32 pm

YES!! X3

*Please be for the 3DS, please be for the 3DS, please be for the 3DS*.

While consoles can be played on pretty TV screens, I definitely play my DS the most. I'm excited for this game. X3

Will it have alternate routes like the original?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:40 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:They should port it to all 3 consoles. Non-handheld people should gt to play this too since it was a console game to start with.
'Should'? This isn't a matter of moral importance or anything. You either buy the product under the creators conditions or you don't. Plain and simple.
She/Her
bisexual milf