"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:11 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Are they referencing The Legacy of Goku 2?
That's doubtful. I don't think interconnection is at play. That video game was developed by Webfoot Technologies, which is a vastly separate mind from Bandai Namco. While I don't know their true motive, Legacy of Goku 2 likely coined Super Saiyan Rage to distinguish it from the normal Super Saiyan skill. You can't use it outside of the story so they probably gave Gohan's transformation dictional flair for the sake of it. After all, it's never going to come up again. Obviously, Super Saiyan 2 is nothing like Future Trunks' new form. I think it's safe to say they're not meant to reference each other. Call it a happy coincidence if you must.

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:51 am

Super Saiyan Rage is... something. Better than the name he used to have, at least. "Super Trunks", was it?

Did anything happen with "Super" Bardock yet? Maybe SS3 Nappa will be in set 3, and some new Bardock.thing will be set 2's SEC, along Cell-X: Xeno? Just a guess.
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

nitwit

Post by nitwit » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:00 pm

Goresh wrote:Hey guys. Been very busy with holiday stuff. Will post my set review when I get some downtime. I was able to take a quick glance at the set and there are only a few cards that really caught my attention. Majin Gravy seems very very good.
Interesting! I hope you make a video about them soon? :clap:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:26 pm

Looking at SDBH Chapter 2 now. I don't have the means to translate it for the details, but the basic rundown is simple enough.
  • --Towa releases Mechickaboola, who wishes to have his youth restored.
    --Enslaved Namekian (Dende, most likely) creates Dark Dragon Balls, which scatter throughout history(somehow) before a wish can be made.
    --The Time Kaioshin shows that lots of distortions have occurred, causing the Book of Endings and Beginnings to split a ton as well.
    --Trunks: Xeno and Goku: Xeno set off on their mission, which is Freeza: Xeno overpowering Goku on Namek due to the Dark Dragon Ball.
    --Trunks, Goku and Goku defeat Freeza. Towa, now a Demon God, and Mira show up to collect said Dark Dragon Ball (1-Star).
    --Trunks attacks as they attempt to escape with the orb, but Mira sacrifices himself to save Towa from the blast.
    --Trunks and Goku leave, allowing the Freeza battle to play out as it should with the cleaved tyrant asking for help.
    --Towa gives Mechickaboola the ball as the Demon Army and the new Demon Gods (Gravy, Putine, Dabra) appear as silhouettes.
Still no idea if Mechickaboola is actually Towa's grandfather or not though since I'm just looking at the panels and connecting dots with previously mentioned info.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Exactly how does Xeno Trunks waste Mira?

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:35 am

Oh great, thank you for your summary!!...
Could you sum up the third chapter if you have it, please?!...
I think your summary should be copied for the "Manga Guide : Spin-offs" section of the site!!...

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:56 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Exactly how does Xeno Trunks waste Mira?
Mira jumps in front of Trunks' Kamehameha.
Rouge the Bat wrote:Could you sum up the third chapter if you have it, please?!...
If I had the next chapter, you can be sure I would have covered it as well.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:53 am

Do you think Mira is really dead / destroyed?!...

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:37 am

FreddleFrooby wrote:Super Saiyan Rage is... something. Better than the name he used to have, at least. "Super Trunks", was it?

Did anything happen with "Super" Bardock yet? Maybe SS3 Nappa will be in set 3, and some new Bardock.thing will be set 2's SEC, along Cell-X: Xeno? Just a guess.
I honestly prefer Super Trunks, it's generic and a call back to Super Vegeta. More importantly it sounding like they didn't even try. "Rage" is way worse for me because it's like they had a meeting to discuss the marketing and that's the best they could come up with... I think they just said F it, kids like rage, lets go have lunch. It just sounds lazy.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:24 am

Rouge the Bat wrote:Do you think Mira is really dead / destroyed?!...
Towa was pissed. So he's probably really gone for now. I'm sure she'll rebuild him though; probably with a new form. Marketing at work, maybe for SDBH4?

Of course that's only for the manga. Mira's still alive in the what little bit of story they give us in-game, so it's not really that big of a deal.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:27 am

Huh, tragic. He might come back and then fuse with her like on Xenoverse 2.
So, is Mechikaboola young now? If so, would you upload a scan? I'm very curious.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:55 am

DNA wrote:Huh, tragic. He might come back and then fuse with her like on Xenoverse 2.
So, is Mechikaboola young now? If so, would you upload a scan? I'm very curious.
The Dark Dragon Balls scatter immediately after being created, before a wish can be made. That's why Mechickaboola is having Towa and company track them down. So he can get his wish once they're gathered.

Unless they double up on villains possessed by the Dark DBs, we probably won't see young Mechickaboola till at least the God Boss fight or final cutscene of SDBH7, and the respective manga chapter. Then he'll be the focus of SDBH8. I'd guess that whether he has an extra transformation once young or whatever would depend on if they feel like cramming one into SDBH8, or if they'll have some breathing room by giving this mission series 10 sets rather than 8.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:18 pm

I'm a bit upset Towa has super forms so fast in the manga... but since it's a chapter every two months, it has to be quick, sadly!!...
But the manga seems interesting...

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:07 pm

What are the odds SS4 Broly gets a Dark Dragon Ball and becomes SS4 Broly: Xeno?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:26 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DNA wrote:Huh, tragic. He might come back and then fuse with her like on Xenoverse 2.
The Dark Dragon Balls scatter immediately after being created, before a wish can be made. That's why Mechickaboola is having Towa and company track them down. So he can get his wish once they're gathered.

Unless they double up on villains possessed by the Dark DBs, we probably won't see young Mechickaboola till at least the God Boss fight or final cutscene of SDBH7, and the respective manga chapter. Then he'll be the focus of SDBH8. I'd guess that whether he has an extra transformation once young or whatever would depend on if they feel like cramming one into SDBH8, or if they'll have some breathing room by giving this mission series 10 sets rather than 8.
There are only 3 chapters of the manga out right? I'm guessing the 4th one comes out in February?
I have the first 2, the first 2 are cleaned and the inks been swapped to black at 600dpi. The 3rd's on its way to get cleaned.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:51 am

Yes, that's right!!...

Chapter #01 : August 2016
Chapter #02 : October 2016
Chapter #03 : December 2016
Chapter #04 : February 2017

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Rouge the Bat wrote:Yes, that's right!!...

February actually has chapter 3 I believe, for some reason they released the January Issue on December 2nd but its for the month of January. Chapter 3 released on December the 2nd which means chapter 4 won't be here until March? If I'm reading this right Saikyo/Super Heroes releases every other month.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:40 pm

Xeztin wrote:
Rouge the Bat wrote:Yes, that's right!!...

February actually has chapter 3 I believe, for some reason they released the January Issue on December 2nd but its for the month of January. Chapter 3 released on December the 2nd which means chapter 4 won't be here until March? If I'm reading this right Saikyo/Super Heroes releases every other month.
It will be the March issue, but it'll be released in February. Magazines have a weird thing where the month of the issue is later than the month it's released for some reason.

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:22 pm

I wrote: Evil Dragons arc

[spoiler]- Jaaku Missions (noteworthy stuff)
Xeno Trunks appeared in JM6, helping the heroes fight Uiro and the Four-Star Dragon. In JM7, Broli gets SS4, thanks to Black Smoke Shenron. Mira debuts in JM8, as a mission boss.[/spoiler]

Ankoku Makai arc

[spoiler]- God Mission 1
The Masked Saiyan appears in the Revival of 'F' era, and he is later fought in the Ankoku Makai. When fought, his mask breaks. He turns Ozaru, but loses anyway. Mira retrieves him.
- God Mission 2 & 3
The Time Patrol (Trunks, Time Kaioshin and the new Shinjin avatars) and the Makai army (Towa, Mira, and their minions) face off in a war. During these two missions, Bardock gets freed from his mask and he works for the Patrollers, while Mira breaks his armor, becoming a Runaway. Mira unlocks his Super Form, a variation of Super Saiyans, and Bardock is revealed to have SS3. The Makai army is beaten.
- God Mission 4
Towa goes to the Piccolo Daimao battle to power him up, but she's stopped. Fortunately Mira and Dabra come to her aid. Trunks: Xeno unveils his Super Saiyan 3 form, becoming the 4th Trunks to get it in this. In the battle, Towa dies, and the Makai army departs[/spoiler]

Hell Gate Assault arc

[spoiler]- God Mission 5
After "dying" Towa revives herself out of hatred as Darkness Towa. She opens the Hell Gates. Meanwhile, Gohan has gone to train into the woods, some time after GT. Goku and Vegeta come by, as Gohan unlocks Super Saiyan 4. Super 17 returns, but he's defeated. However, Towa comes in and forces 18 to merge with Super 17. The result gets defeated anyway, by the three SS4s. Through the Hell Gates, many villains are revived. There's three of the Gates: Ice (where you fight Super 17 (18 Absorbed)), Fire (where you fight Base Towa) and Chaos (where you fight Darkness Towa, Dabra: Xeno, and Super Mira)
Suddenly Broli, with a "Full Power SS4" form (whatever THAT is) barges in "kills" the Makai army, and is promptly beaten.[/spoiler]

Bebi Hatchiyack arc

[spoiler]- God Mission 6
Darkness Towa (having survived Broli, somehow) returns, bringing Hatchiyack with her to the Bebi arc era. Bebi and Hatchiyack merge, becoming a powerful foe. Luckily, Kaioshin of Time has made Goten a patroller, allowing Trunks: Xeno to fuse with him into Gotenks: Xeno. Bebi Hatchiyack is beaten.[/spoiler]

Makai Foundation arc

[spoiler]- God Mission 7
75 Million years before Xenoverse, Chronoa (Kaioshin of Time before becoming one) suspects Demigra (before becoming a Demon God) of strange experiments with Toki Toki. She ends up being correct, and Demigra fights her. However, Demon God Demigra, from the future arrives and tries to help his counterpart gain power. This fails. Demon God Demigra swears he'll return.[/spoiler]

Demon God Demigra arc

[spoiler]- God Missions 9
Indeed, Demigra returns. With the Makai army, too! Fortunately, Goku and Vegeta join the Time Patrol! After some time, however, Vegeta is brainwashed into the Black-Masked Saiyan. The Heroes defeat and free him. All that's left to do is defeat Demigra.
- God Mission 10
Gohan ALSO joins the Time Patrol, in time to finish the final battle. After finding out his "Final" form isn't enough, he transforms again into an "Enhanced Demon" form. Again, he loses. For real this time. But all is not over, as the Makai army bows to a new leader...[/spoiler]

Dark Empire arc

[spoiler]- Super Dragon Ball Heroes (manga)
The figure is known as Mechika-boola, said to be Towa's grandfather by some sources. He's now freed, but he wants his youth back. To do this, Towa has enslaved a Dragon Clan Namekian (Dende?) and had him make a set of Dark Dragon Balls. Unfortunately, they scatter all over time and space. Mechika-boola offers to give Towa Demon God powers, a thing he can do.
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes (set 1)
One of them lands on Namek, and it enters Freeza's body, powering him up. The Patrollers beat Freeza, but Demon God Towa grabs the Dark Ball. Kaioshin of Time gives Vegeta: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno the Potara, and they fuse into Vegeks: Xeno.
Meanwhile, a Saiyan invasion is being lead by Radditz, who has bypassed SS1 and 2, going STRAIGHT into SS3.[/spoiler]
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes (set 2)
Another Dark Dragon Ball takes Perfect Cell over, allowing him to beat SS2 Gohan. Suddenly, Gravy, now a Demon God arrives to get the ball from Cell. The Time Patrol arrives and Goku: Xeno unveils SS3, starting to battle Gravy. Just then, Putine, ALSO a Demon God, powers Cell up further - making him a giant version of Cell-X from DBO. Time Kaioshin sends a renovated Bardock to help.
Meanwhile, the Saiyan invasion goes on, with the Saiyan arc Vegeta and Nappa having SS3 as well.
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes (set 3)
Dabra is the latest Demon God. He leads an attack with the Makai army towards the place the Time Patrol is now fighting Pure Boo, who has the next Dark DB. The combined might of the Patrol's not enough, seemingly, so Goku and Vegeta become Vegetto. During the battle, the Makai army attacks. A new character (Makai Avatar, maybe) arrives, and blows up a number of Demon ships. Later, Boo absorbs Dabra, and he's beaten. [/spoiler]
Added SDBH2 and 3 to my summary. Also, the manga part now has the enslaved Namekian and a fix on Mechika-boola's ties with Towa. Any errors? Things I missed?
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:20 pm

This is why I don't combine the manga, games and commercial continuities into a single story. Because things get muddled when they should remain unto themselves. For example, Towa is only responsible for Bebi Hatchihyack in the animated commercial. The in-game story is just an alternate telling of the Planet M2 portion of GT, with Raichi and Hatchihyack included.