"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Shin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:28 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Zeru14 wrote:Is anyone else disappointed that we didn't get a Xeno Piccolo to join the Time Patrol, all we got is the continued Saiyan love fest. I mean there is already a design for him from Dragonball Online, and they can give him the red-eyed transformation(which sucks that they haven't given it to him already, while SSJ3 is given out like candy).
There's a DBO version of Piccolo?
Yep! The only thing different is that he had boots.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:37 am

Shin wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:
Zeru14 wrote:Is anyone else disappointed that we didn't get a Xeno Piccolo to join the Time Patrol, all we got is the continued Saiyan love fest. I mean there is already a design for him from Dragonball Online, and they can give him the red-eyed transformation(which sucks that they haven't given it to him already, while SSJ3 is given out like candy).
There's a DBO version of Piccolo?
Yep! The only thing different is that he had boots.
He also looked older.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:45 am

Somehow, the Card Action Ability leaked way eariler, and we can see who are the CPs cards on the right.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:55 am

(Xeno) Piccolo had boots, wrinkles and a darker shade of green.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:33 am

I'm guessing this is him, next to Elder Moori and TP Trunks?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:35 am

Yes, Piccolo is one of the few that are still alive after 216 years.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:49 pm

If that's all that would change if they make a xeno Piccolo I would rather get nothing, Piccolo needs new clothes.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Grimlock wrote:Somehow, the Card Action Ability leaked way eariler, and we can see who are the CPs cards on the right.

This CAA "Draw" absorbs HP and deals damage. Only usable by Gods and Demon Gods.

The campaign cards are: Time Kaioushin, Kaioushin, Whis, Vados, DG Towa, DG Putine, DG Gravy and DG Demigra.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Is there a possibility Soba and Majin Ozzoto will appear in the future? Hatchiyack got his revival, why not these two?
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:16 pm

RehBeh wrote:Is there a possibility Soba and Majin Ozzoto will appear in the future? Hatchiyack got his revival, why not these two?
i really would like for Ozzoto to be in the game someday just like with Hatchiyak, they both originated from some obscure game of the franchise from the past so i don't see why not, he could very well appear at any moment, now this Soba fellow i never heard of it, did some research and apparently he was in the Dragon Ball Sagas game, he is stronger than Freeza and it's exclusive to that game, man and i thought i knew all of the obscure characters from the franchise i guess i was wrong, i wonder is they talk about him in that Dragon Ball encyclopedia.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Dragon Ball Sagas is a terrible game created exclusively in USA. At least Ozotto was designed in Japan, possibly by Toryama. Soba is as valid as any Legacy of Goku characters.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:24 pm

DNA wrote:Dragon Ball Sagas is a terrible game created exclusively in USA. At least Ozotto was designed in Japan, possibly by Toryama. Soba is as valid as any Legacy of Goku characters.
So Soba chances are pretty much zero? At least Ozotto has a slight chance... I hope.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
i really would like for Ozzoto to be in the game someday just like with Hatchiyak, they both originated from some obscure game of the franchise from the past so i don't see why not, he could very well appear at any moment, now this Soba fellow i never heard of it, did some research and apparently he was in the Dragon Ball Sagas game, he is stronger than Freeza and it's exclusive to that game, man and i thought i knew all of the obscure characters from the franchise i guess i was wrong, i wonder is they talk about him in that Dragon Ball encyclopedia.
There are even more obscure characters on Attack of the Saiyans and The Legacy of Goku series, give it a look.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:31 pm

RehBeh wrote:So Soba chances are pretty much zero? At least Ozotto has a slight chance... I hope.
I would assume so, yes. You're not missing much with Soba. He's a bland, uninteresting character. He's supposedly an Yadratian, except he looks nothing like them and he's a fighter, when the originals where supposedly pacifists, non combatants or at the very least not a threat at all. If he is stronger than Freeza, why would the Ginew Tokusentai go there? To get their ass handed? Also, the whole fight is boring a dumb. The whole game is dumb. I hate that game.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:36 pm

DNA wrote:
RehBeh wrote:So Soba chances are pretty much zero? At least Ozotto has a slight chance... I hope.
I would assume so, yes. You're not missing much with Soba. He's a bland, uninteresting character. He's supposedly an Yadratian, except he looks nothing like them and he's a fighter, when the originals where supposedly pacifists, non combatants or at the very least not a threat at all. If he is stronger than Freeza, why would the Ginew Tokusentai go there? To get their ass handed? Also, the whole fight is boring a dumb. The whole game is dumb. I hate that game.
I still remember when i got a PS2 for the first time back when it was in his prime and saw that Sagas game all over stores and as a big Dragon Ball fan i was like i have to play that game but for whatever reason i didn't end up getting it, then at a friend's birthday party someone gave him Budokai Tenkaichi 1 and we got to play it that same day, at that point i didn't even know that game existed but man that game was everything i could have wanted, i completely forgot about Sagas, i liked it so much i ended up getting my own copy later, after all those years passed i remembered Sagas and how i didn't get to play it so i decided to search videos of it on youtube and yeah it sucks like really bad and i think it ends at the Cell saga.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Yes, it does end right after you defeat Cell. And yes, having played and beat the game, I can say from first-hand experience, it's a steaming pile of garbage. Everything about it sucks.

As for "exclusive game characters" I would only pay attention to the ones that hail from Japan and actually have artwork. From that, as far as I know, the only ones missing are Ozotto and Kurilien. Everyone else is either a minor character or a reskin.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:27 pm

DNA wrote:Yes, it does end right after you defeat Cell. And yes, having played and beat the game, I can say from first-hand experience, it's a steaming pile of garbage. Everything about it sucks.
To me Sagas was so bad it's good. Once I found out the infinite combo I started having some enjoyment in the game. Before that? No lol

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:50 am

DNA wrote: As for "exclusive game characters" I would only pay attention to the ones that hail from Japan and actually have artwork. From that, as far as I know, the only ones missing are Ozotto and Kurilien. Everyone else is either a minor character or a reskin.
Now that you mentioned him, Kurillien would be a much better choice. Hope they add him sometime.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:10 am

Keep an eye out, y'all! Them Yugioh fans have been getting some V-Jump leaks, which means our info should be coming out soon as well.

That reminds me, how come Yugioh info always comes out first before anything else?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:10 am

SDBH Mission #3 will update on March 9th. This is the first time Heroes updates in a "one-number" date as far as I can remember.

Universe Survival saga Android 17 and Android 18 will appear.

First look at Xeno Buu with Demon God Dabura absorbed.

An epic 3D trailer.

~ Day of the Machines ~