"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Heroes is so obsessed in doing livestreams that they forgot to unlock the one-minute animated SDBH4 trailer in their Youtube channel. :roll:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Random question: What is Broli's Oozaru form named in the game? Just Oozaru, Golden Oozaru, Legendary Golden Oozaru? Does he have the same name in Dragon Ball Fusions?
It's 大猿ブロリー. In other words, just Oozaru.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue May 23, 2017 9:40 am

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? https://youtu.be/9d30FdkYpjE

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue May 23, 2017 11:44 am

Heheh, Toyotaro drew a doodle of "Time Breaker Majin Baby Janemba":

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 23, 2017 12:22 pm

Nice. Hope Heroes follows him on Twitter and uses that idea. Janemba needs a new form indeed. And that is a cool one! :thumbup:

~ Day of the Machines ~

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Wed May 24, 2017 1:28 am

Set review is a little late since I've been extraordinarily busy but better late than never I guess.

SH4-29 Vegeta

BS Type
HP: 2600
Power: 7200
Guard: 1000

Space-time Transfer Card Action Ability that activates on or after the 3rd round. Summons King Vegeta and Tarble for a family Galick Gun that inflicts large damage. If Hero Energy is 9 or higher, damage increases massively and inflicts great ki damage (1 time only). Again, as with all space-time transfer CAA's, having to wait until the third round isn't ideal, especially when this Vegeta is a BS type, which almost exclusively means he is meant to be a blitz card.

Passive: At the end of the round if your Hero Energy is lower than your enemy's, increase the damage you deal to your enemy every time you win a charge impact battle. This is pretty good but again, if you run a fast team (which you will with a BS type with a high attack stat like this) you will almost never have a lower Hero Energy count than your opponent, therefore making this passive pretty close to obsolete unless your opponent is running a card that specifically is designed to counter that strategy.

Super Attack: God Final Flash, costs 7 Energy.

6/10

SH4-36 Hit

HR Type
HP: 3500
Power: 3200
Guard: 2000

Burst CAA that increases his damage upon launching his Super Attack. Upon activation of Super Burst, permanently ignore enemy's damage reduction abilities. Pretty standard effect here, which is fine for this card.

His passive increases his Power by 10,000 every odd round, and his Guard by 10,000 every even round. I love the design behind this effect and it's something new to the game, which I love. Overall, 10k Power is a lot, which is why Hit's base Power isn't sky-high to keep him balanced. But I do think that since he starts out round 1 at 13,200 Power, this card could very well be the core of a new aggressive HR type team, which can be very exciting.

Super Attack: True Time Skip, costs 7 Energy.

7.5/10

SH4-50 Trunks: Xeno

HR Type
HP: 3300
Power: 4000
Guard: 2900

Lock-on CAA that reduces the damage done by the locked on enemy. Probably one of the most generic CAA's I've seen in a while and I don't really have anything more to say about that.

Passive ability that increases own damage by 3x if there is an ally in the attack area with a Guard stat below 100. At first glance this seems like a pretty strong ability, but when you think about it - you would need to deliberately reduce the Guard of one of your allies somehow, or have it be reduced by your opponent (which they wouldn't do if they saw you running this card) for this effect to get any value. I see this happening less than 50% of the time.

Super Attack: Full Charge Burning Slash, costs 7 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect: If the overall Power of any of your units is less than what it was at the beginning of the fight, return their Power to its original value and double the damage of the three units that activated this effect (Trunks: Xeno, Goku: Xeno, Gohan: Xeno).

I would have given this card a bad rating but the Ultimate Unit Effect is really nice with the only downside being the need to run the Goku and Gohan since they are fairly mediocre units.

6.5/10

SH4-56 Turles: Xeno

BS Type
HP: 2200
Power: 5100

Ultimate Burst CAA that increases damage done to enemy when Super Attack is launched. When Awakening Burst mode is activated, further increase the damage you deal to the enemy and lower the Guard of the attacked enemy by 2,000 and Hero Energy by 2. Lowering Hero Energy by 2 is huge and given that Turles is a BS type, This CAA will trigger in round one 99% of the time, thereby being a nice check to other aggressive teams by lowering their Energy and possibly disrupting Super Attacks.

Passive: Every time Turles: Xeno attacks, permanently increase the damage done and decrease the amount of damage taken. Yeah, pretty much the most vague passive ability I've ever seen. But after seeing this card in action it seems that it's in between a 1.8-2.0x damage increase, which is amazing but does not quite fit his role as a blitz unit. Although I feel he can be very strong on a standard, well-rounded team.

Super Attack: Dark Kill Driver, costs 4 Energy.

7.5/10

SH4-59 Demon God Salsa

EL Type
HP: 3800
Power: 3000
Guard: 1500

Draw CAA that, when successful, reduces the Guard of the attacked enemy by 3,000 and increases their CI speed by a super amount when Salsa is in the attack position in round 2 or later. And, the more you swipe the card across the playing field, the more HP you will steal from your enemy and the more damage you will deal to them. Increasing CI speed has always been one of the most powerful abilities in the game and paired with Draw will definitely make Salsa a desired card.

Passive: Every time Demon God Salsa attacks an enemy with a higher CI speed than him, increase the damage you deal to them by 2,000. I really love the synergy between this ability and the CAA of this card. This combination also promotes a new play-style of relying on CI speed altering cards, which has the potential to be extremely powerful (and extremely annoying). I love this design decision.

Super Attack: Trick of Tornado, costs 3 Energy. (Extremely easy to pull off)

7.5/10

SH4-SEC Mechikabura

SP Type
HP: 3900
Power: 1000

And we have our first SEC SP type card. His only purpose and ability, is to provide your team with 15,000 additional Battle Power. The catches are, this effect can only be triggered twice and this 15,000 Battle Power does not contribute to the Hero Energy total. When I first saw this card I was extremely disappointed because they had been hyping this guy up in the story for a while and thought that he would have some crazy, game-breaking mechanics. But actually, giving a free 15,000 Battle Power a turn essentially guarantees the first attack in that round, which in itself can be game-breaking. And this triggers not only once, but twice a battle. So for instance, if you are running an aggressive team and you are playing against an aggressive team, you will pretty much guarantee yourself a win with this guy on your team since an extra 15,000 BP locks in your first attack in round 1. I think this guy is perfectly fine how he is and if he was any stronger he would definitely be broken.

8/10

SH4-SEC2 Dark Masked King

EL Type
HP: 2700
Power: 5600
Guard: 1500

Super Energy CAA that activates when this card is in the attack position in round 2 or later and deals large damage to the enemy. The damage goes up for every Hero Energy you have. When big success activates, the enemy's CI speed increases by a super amount and their hero energy is reduced by 2. Very strong ability that seems to just be a strictly better version of Demon God Salsa's CAA and synergizes great with this guy's passive ability.

Passive: When in the attack position, at the end of every Battle Power phase, increase Hero Energy by the amount of enemies are in the attack position. This is just not okay. The synergy that this ability has with the CAA makes this card's power level astronomically high. You essentially only need to run this guy to fuel your Hero Energy and then just run a bunch of supporting cards for some extra Guard and Power and you're set. Simply a broken effect.

Super Attack: Dark King Slash, costs 7 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect: If Dabura: Xeno and Demon God Salsa are on the same team as Dark Masked King, these members permanently ignore the Guard of all enemies and this effect does not consume any Energy. This is yet another reason to run this busted card. You will most likely already be running Salsa on this guy's team since they synergize well and are both EL types. All you would need to do is add Dabura: Xeno from God Mission 4 to your team for even more Energy stealing effects and you basically get this UUE for free.

I don't know what's up with this game and loving every unit that wears a mask since they are all unbelievably broken, but this card is just not okay. I am still hesitant to say that he is on the same level as someone like Vegito Blue, Tarble, or Masked Saiyan but he is definitely overtuned a bit in my opinion.

9.25/10

Pretty high quality cards this set. Look forward to hopefully seeing some leaks for the next set soon.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 pm

None of us will ever be able to play this, does it really matter who's good in-game?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 25, 2017 7:00 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:None of us will ever be able to play this, does it really matter who's good in-game?
Plenty of people in this very thread have played the game, and considering we're on our third version of a portable release, all of this information is still interesting and relevant for down-the-road.

If you're not interested in it, there's no particular reason you need to join the conversation!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Thu May 25, 2017 9:07 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:None of us will ever be able to play this, does it really matter who's good in-game?

I play this on my 3DS all the time, but the arcade version is a lot more fun. I was lucky to be one of the first people to play Super Dragon Ball Heroes as the arcade machines were turned on in Japan on my last full day of being there, and I was straight into the machine in Tokyo Skytree very shortly after it opened.

Speaking or reading absolutely zero Japanese, I very much rely on the posts that recommend the cards, and then purchase the ones I need in Akihabara. :)
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Wilderness wrote:

I play this on my 3DS all the time, but the arcade version is a lot more fun. I was lucky to be one of the first people to play Super Dragon Ball Heroes as the arcade machines were turned on in Japan on my last full day of being there, and I was straight into the machine in Tokyo Skytree very shortly after it opened.

Speaking or reading absolutely zero Japanese, I very much rely on the posts that recommend the cards, and then purchase the ones I need in Akihabara. :)

I thought the cards have no effect on the 3DS version?

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Thu May 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Wilderness wrote:

I thought the cards have no effect on the 3DS version?
The same exact cards are available in the 3DS version of the game. You just earn them through various missions whereas for the arcade version you need to purchase the cards separately or get lucky and pull the one you're looking for from the machine.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri May 26, 2017 2:46 am

Majin Demigra wrote:Can anyone tell me what's going on here? https://youtu.be/9d30FdkYpjE
Maybe it would be more appropriate to post in the game's thread, I think.

Anyway,

Demigra: Why aren't the illusions bringing any energy?
Time Kaioushin: That's as far as you go, Demigra!!! No way we'll let you do as you please!!
Chamel: So, you came...
Demigra: Time Patrollers!!! Y... you bastards...!!!
Goku: Yo! Chamel! I/we came to settle our score!!
Demigra: Chamel...! You needlessly made them eager!
Chamel: I've told you many times that my goal is to fight! I don't care about world destruction or your goals... I'm gonna settle my score with them for my sake.
Demigra: I see... So it means you came here to be disposed of...
Trunks: I'm sorry, we don't give up that easily!!
Time Kaioushin: As long as the world's history continues... We'll struggle until the very end!!
Demigra: Is that so? You really want to get in my way this badly, don't you? Well then, I'll get rid of you before dealing with the world's history!! You idiots will regret opposing the God of the New World! You, who go against God, shall receive divine punishment!!!!
Time Kaioushin: You have no right calling yourself God! You just bring harm to the world, treating it like it was your own!!
Trunks: You think we'd let the likes of you erase the hope and feelings of everyone living in this world?
Goku: Let's go! This world and your world... let's save both of them with this battle!!!

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Fri May 26, 2017 9:35 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Majin Demigra wrote:Can anyone tell me what's going on here? https://youtu.be/9d30FdkYpjE

Anyway,

Time Kaioushin: That's as far as you go, Demigra!!! No way we'll let you do as you please!!
Chamel: I've told you many times that my goal is to fight! I don't care about world destruction or your goals... I'm gonna settle my score with them for my sake.
Time Kaioushin: As long as the world's history continues... We'll struggle until the very end!!
Demigra: Is that so? You really want to get in my way this badly, don't you? Well then, I'll get rid of you before dealing with the world's history!! You idiots will regret opposing the God of the New World! You, who go against God, shall receive divine punishment!!!!
Time Kaioushin: You have no right calling yourself God! You just bring harm to the world, treating it like it was your own!!
Trunks: You think we'd let the likes of you erase the hope and feelings of everyone living in this world?
Goku: Let's go! This world and your world... let's save both of them with this battle!!!

Thanks!

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri May 26, 2017 3:40 pm

(Random troughs pretty outdated)

So, in the end, Turles' form is just something like Berserker/Savage right? Meh, quite lame, but at least has an original form (Xeno Zamasu would have been better trough) I wonder if the 5 star enemy will be Janemba or Broly, or if they are going to move into GT. I cant see anyone being the 7 stars one besides Yi Shin Long. Mechikaboola has a great design, can't wait to see his younger self. What's his realtionship with Demigra trough? Are they allies? Why didn't Demigra just ask him about getting Demon God powers?

Also, why is Masked Dark King or whatever he's called a thing? Does anyone really doubt he's King Vegeta? Like really? I'm curious about his potential SS3 form trough. He has both hair and a beard :P Praying for Xeno Gohan and Goten to get something decent.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri May 26, 2017 5:54 pm

alakazam^ wrote:

Anyway,

Alakazam^, or really anyone who can help, did I come across any juicy details about a DBH manga?

[spoiler]https://68.media.tumblr.com/68903c6688c ... 1_1280.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/1f62e0b9654 ... 2_1280.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/72972011b10 ... 5_1280.jpg[/spoiler]

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun May 28, 2017 2:57 am

MisteryOne wrote:What's his realtionship with Demigra trough? Are they allies? Why didn't Demigra just ask him about getting Demon God powers?
If I remember correctly, the manga mentioned Demigra served under him in the past but he now goes rogue.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Alakazam^, or really anyone who can help, did I come across any juicy details about a DBH manga?
I wonder if that's Charisma Mission, not that familiar with all the Heroes' manga there are.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun May 28, 2017 3:13 am

alakazam^ wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:What's his realtionship with Demigra trough? Are they allies? Why didn't Demigra just ask him about getting Demon God powers?
If I remember correctly, the manga mentioned Demigra served under him in the past but he now goes rogue.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Alakazam^, or really anyone who can help, did I come across any juicy details about a DBH manga?
I wonder if that's Charisma Mission, not that familiar with all the Heroes' manga there are.
I believe they are from Dragon Ball Heroes: Charisma Mission. But they didn't have anything noteworthy?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue May 30, 2017 5:07 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:I believe they are from Dragon Ball Heroes: Charisma Mission. But they didn't have anything noteworthy?
No, just little gags.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:20 am

The poll is available. I don't know what this is about this time but let's vote!

~ Day of the Machines ~

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:12 am

I wish I knew what the options of the first box said.

Let alone what the second page says!
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:23 am

The left box is category. It'll help you finding the character's name on the right box, which is the one that contains the names.

~ Day of the Machines ~