"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:28 pm

Wilderness wrote:Whilst I have also not seen any evidence neither of a SSJ2 Broly existing.
As DNA already mentioned. Super Saiyan 2 Broly does exist, but not in Dragon Ball Heroes. That card belongs to another game.
Wilderness wrote:I think it's hard to deny Mira (Towa Absorbed) is equivalent to SSJ4. If you want evidence, I'll humour you.

Now, we can assume as he is part Saiyan that he can access a state of transformation that Saiyans can achieve. We know this to be the case, as it is also used by Cell. In fact, we know this to be the case even more-so, as Mira actually achieved Super Saiyan in DBH, as Super Mira.
I'm well aware of all that. But remember, we can only say that "Super Mira" is his Super Saiyan form because it was officially stated to be. As you can see here, in V-Jump magazine they explained that "Super Mira" comes directly from his Saiyans DNA and that it is his Super Saiyan form. If it wasn't for that official image, no, we wouldn't be able to say that "Super Mira" in his Super Saiyan.

If ANYONE could provide ANY source, Dragon Ball Heroes itself (in-game), V-Jump magazine or any other official material saying that Mira with Towa absorbed is his Super Saiyan 4 (or equivalent), then I'll say it is his Super Saiyan 4 (or equivalent). So far, no one did that. All I see are words without the evidence. All I see are words comparing the forms and stating similarities that don't confirm anything.
Wilderness wrote:So if Mira can achieve Super Saiyan, why couldn't he achieve Super Saiyan 4?
Because Super Saiyan 4 is a transformation, not a simple result of an absorption. I didn't see Goku, Vegeta, Gogeta, Broly, GT Gohan and Bardock having to absorb someone else to achieve it. Mira will achieve Super Saiyan 4 when he achieves Super Saiyan 4, not by merging with other person. That's not how the transformation works as far as we know.
Wilderness wrote:The theory working that once fused with Towa and Tokitoki's egg, he gained enough power to level up to Super Saiyan 4, or an equivalent.
It's a theory. Can't really take into consideration, go with it and outright saying that he has Super Saiyan 4 because of that.
Wilderness wrote:Super Saiyan 4's hair change from one form to another - check.
Not check, his hair comes from Towa. See Towa's back and see Mira Final Form, it's her hair.
Wilderness wrote:Huge power up - check. He looks like a Super Saiyan 4, he is ultra strong, and the theory of if he can attain it all adds up. So as far as I'm concerned, and to what other members have agreed, this is Mira's version of Super Saiyan 4.
Just some members in an American forum, a theory, some arguments that are weird as heck (like "huge power up"... Seriously?) but no source and no official statement. No, this is not Mira's version of Super Saiyan 4.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Yes, I have said that it's theory and "as far as I'm concerned" - I have not stated it to be factual. The fact that his appearance is Super Saiyan 4 IS evidence. Whether you like it or not, it's a pretty big giveaway...

I've said what I need to say, and I certainly did provide evidence as to why I think it's a SSJ4 equivalent. We've both expressed our sight and opinion, and we're clearly not going to agree, so I'm done with this conversation. You're entitled to believe what you want, and I couldn't really care less if you disagree, but I supported my argument with some good evidence. That's all I can do.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Wilderness wrote:Whilst I have also not seen any evidence neither of a SSJ2 Broly existing.
As DNA already mentioned. Super Saiyan 2 Broly does exist, but not in Dragon Ball Heroes. That card belongs to another game.
Wilderness wrote:I think it's hard to deny Mira (Towa Absorbed) is equivalent to SSJ4. If you want evidence, I'll humour you.

Now, we can assume as he is part Saiyan that he can access a state of transformation that Saiyans can achieve. We know this to be the case, as it is also used by Cell. In fact, we know this to be the case even more-so, as Mira actually achieved Super Saiyan in DBH, as Super Mira.
I'm well aware of all that. But remember, we can only say that "Super Mira" is his Super Saiyan form because it was officially stated to be. As you can see here, in V-Jump magazine they explained that "Super Mira" comes directly from his Saiyans DNA and that it is his Super Saiyan form. If it wasn't for that official image, no, we wouldn't be able to say that "Super Mira" in his Super Saiyan.

If ANYONE could provide ANY source, Dragon Ball Heroes itself (in-game), V-Jump magazine or any other official material saying that Mira with Towa absorbed is his Super Saiyan 4 (or equivalent), then I'll say it is his Super Saiyan 4 (or equivalent). So far, no one did that. All I see are words without the evidence. All I see are words comparing the forms and stating similarities that don't confirm anything.
Wilderness wrote:So if Mira can achieve Super Saiyan, why couldn't he achieve Super Saiyan 4?
Because Super Saiyan 4 is a transformation, not a simple result of an absorption. I didn't see Goku, Vegeta, Gogeta, Broly, GT Gohan and Bardock having to absorb someone else to achieve it. Mira will achieve Super Saiyan 4 when he achieves Super Saiyan 4, not by merging with other person. That's not how the transformation works as far as we know.
Wilderness wrote:The theory working that once fused with Towa and Tokitoki's egg, he gained enough power to level up to Super Saiyan 4, or an equivalent.
It's a theory. Can't really take into consideration, go with it and outright saying that he has Super Saiyan 4 because of that.
Wilderness wrote:Super Saiyan 4's hair change from one form to another - check.
Not check, his hair comes from Towa. See Towa's back and see Mira Final Form, it's her hair.
Wilderness wrote:Huge power up - check. He looks like a Super Saiyan 4, he is ultra strong, and the theory of if he can attain it all adds up. So as far as I'm concerned, and to what other members have agreed, this is Mira's version of Super Saiyan 4.
Just some members in an American forum, a theory, some arguments that are weird as heck (like "huge power up"... Seriously?) but no source and no official statement. No, this is not Mira's version of Super Saiyan 4.
You must be swimming in Egypt you're so far in Denial.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Wilderness wrote:The fact that his appearance is Super Saiyan 4 IS evidence. Whether you like it or not, it's a pretty big giveaway...
Is it really? Well, this scan and I think this scan talk a little bit about Mira with Towa absorbed. If you know Japanese, please translate for us and let's see if Dimps also think the way you do.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:11 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Broly's new attack looks awesome! It reminds me of this :lol:
I also thought it was cool, loved the reference :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Noah wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Broly's new attack looks awesome! It reminds me of this :lol:
I also thought it was cool, loved the reference :)
Probably the funniest attack we've had in a while for all the wrong reasons

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:08 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Wilderness wrote:The fact that his appearance is Super Saiyan 4 IS evidence. Whether you like it or not, it's a pretty big giveaway...
Is it really? Well, this scan and I think this scan talk a little bit about Mira with Towa absorbed. If you know Japanese, please translate for us and let's see if Dimps also think the way you do.
Understanding foreign language is not needed to see the obvious visuals.

So was vegeta not a super saiyan 4 just because he looked like one super strongly?

this is you really grasping here

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Wilderness wrote:Yes, I have said that it's theory and "as far as I'm concerned" - I have not stated it to be factual. The fact that his appearance is Super Saiyan 4 IS evidence. Whether you like it or not, it's a pretty big giveaway...

I've said what I need to say, and I certainly did provide evidence as to why I think it's a SSJ4 equivalent. We've both expressed our sight and opinion, and we're clearly not going to agree, so I'm done with this conversation. You're entitled to believe what you want, and I couldn't really care less if you disagree, but I supported my argument with some good evidence. That's all I can do.
I cant thumbs up this enough

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:08 am

Majin Demigra wrote:Can someone translate:

https://youtu.be/8Hgvt3PZ9wM
[spoiler]Time Kaioushin - I know the last Dark Dragon Ball is in this spacetime! I don't know what the Dark Empire is plotting but we definitely can't hand them the last Dark Dragon Ball! Trunks! I sense a new spacetime disturbance in the forest, go there quickly and investigate!

Trunks: Xeno - Understood!

Paragus: Xeno - Hmm... I got transfered to the wrong place.

Trunks: Xeno - Who is... that man? He seems to be wearing the brainwashing device from the Dark Empire but... Let's try going after him!

Demon God Towa - Paragus, how did it go?

Paragus: Xeno - He was sleeping in Hell so I took advantage of it and put the mask on him.

Demon God: Xeno - Very good, Paragus. Now, the last Dark Dragon Ball is as good as ours.

Trunks: Xeno - Towa!

Demon God Towa - Oh, Trunks? Seriously, you're such a savage, aren't you? I don't have time to play with you right now. Paragus, please deal with him on my behalf.

Paragus: Xeno - ...As you wish.

----------

Paragus: Xeno - I guess it's almost time... I'm sorry but we'll leave this for another time.

Trunks: Xeno - What?

Paragus: Xeno - Goodbye!

Trunks: Xeno - What does this mean? That man isn't being brainwashed by Towa...?[/spoiler]
Majin Demigra wrote:https://youtu.be/bADCguuR6lg
[spoiler]Trunks: Xeno - I found you, Towa!

Demon God Towa - Oh, you caught with me already? It can't be helped, I'll deal with you for a bit.

----------

Demon God Towa - Well then, play time is over.

Trunks: Xeno - What do you mean?

Demon God Towa - *giggles* There's no way I'd be serious against someone like you, is there? I was buying time for a certain warrior to become brainwashed.

Trunks: Xeno - What?

Demon God Towa - Well, the brainwashing must already be completed so I might as well use his power to beat you down.

Trunks: Xeno - W-wait! ...I have a bad feeling about this! Quick, let's go after her![/spoiler]
Majin Demigra wrote:https://youtu.be/7pmk3qNeEF4
[spoiler]Demon God Towa - Ugh... Don't tell me the brainwashing didn't work...!

Broli Dark - Aahahahaha! My energy is increasing! Overflowing!

Trunks: Xeno - This is! What the hell is going on?

Broli Dark - I'll destroy everything!

Trunks: Xeno - It seems there's no way but to go at him!

----------

Broli Dark - You trash! Don't touch me!!! Kakarrot...!!

Towa - Ugh... What did I do... In a place like this...

Mira - Towa!

Towa - Mira... You came... But it's already...

Mira - No, not yet! Entrust your body to me!

Trunks: Xeno - You mean... Mira absorbed Towa?

Mira - ...Broli...

Trunks: Xeno - Let's go after them![/spoiler]
Majin Demigra wrote:https://youtu.be/7yyabysMqVU
[spoiler]Broli Dark - I found you, Kakarrot!

Goku: Xeno - ? You're Broli?

Broli Dark: Today's the day I'll beat you to a pulp!!

Goku: Xeno - Awesome ki! This will get dangerous if I don't get serious.

Trunks: Xeno - Goku-san! We'll assist you!!

----------

Trunks: Xeno - Yes! Broli flinched! Let's end this at once!

Mira: I found you, Broli!!!

Trunks: Xeno - Mira!?

Mira - We'll take the Dark Dragon Ball.

Trunks: Xeno - Oh, no! The Dark Dragon Ball!!

Mechickaboola - Come forth, Dark Shenlong!!

Trunks: Xeno - W-what!? Is this strange energy...?

Time Kaioushin - It can't be... You mean Dark Shenlong has been summoned in a spacetime somewhere...!?

Trunks: Xeno - Dark Shenlong...!?

Time Kaioushin - Trunks! If it continues like this, not even me can tell what's going to happen. Don't lose focus now![/spoiler]
Majin Demigra wrote:https://youtu.be/H3eBftif0EE
[spoiler]Burdock - Hey, come at me like you mean it!

----------

Burdock - Tsk, we'll settle this later!

Trunks: Xeno - Burdock-san! ...He left.

Time Kaioushin - It seems that, because of Dark Shenlong, there has been a spacetime division and warriors that originally couldn't have existed end up drifting to this world.

Trunks: Xeno - It can't be... What will happen to this world from now on...

Time Kaioushin - Don't give up! Trunks! You will protect this world!

Trunks: Xeno - Yes! You're right, we can't give up here... Ok, we definitely won't give up hope until the very end![/spoiler]

Stocky2001

Post by Stocky2001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Hey not sure if this the best or right place to ask so apologizes if it's not but does anyone know where i could import (Super) Dragon Ball Heroes cards into the UK. Thanks in advance

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:16 am

Stocky2001 wrote:Hey not sure if this the best or right place to ask so apologizes if it's not but does anyone know where i could import (Super) Dragon Ball Heroes cards into the UK. Thanks in advance
Your only hope would be over stores like eBay or YJA. The thing is, they're not really sold in packs; you get a card every time you play on the arcade.
However, you can also get them from vending machines in Japan, be it singular cards, multiple in shrink wrap, or a 4/9 card folder. One example for me, there was a vending machine in Skytree, Tokyo where you put in your yen, twist the nozzle and a flatpack folder with 9 card slots would press out of it, with (IIRC) 2 cards in this folder.

Stocky2001

Post by Stocky2001 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:50 am

Wilderness wrote:
Stocky2001 wrote:Hey not sure if this the best or right place to ask so apologizes if it's not but does anyone know where i could import (Super) Dragon Ball Heroes cards into the UK. Thanks in advance
Your only hope would be over stores like eBay or YJA. The thing is, they're not really sold in packs; you get a card every time you play on the arcade.
However, you can also get them from vending machines in Japan, be it singular cards, multiple in shrink wrap, or a 4/9 card folder. One example for me, there was a vending machine in Skytree, Tokyo where you put in your yen, twist the nozzle and a flatpack folder with 9 card slots would press out of it, with (IIRC) 2 cards in this folder.

Okay thanks man will have a look on the websites you mentioned. What would be an appropriate price for a single card. I know rarer cards will cost more but an average card would be about?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:23 pm

Wilderness wrote:Your only hope would be over stores like eBay or YJA. The thing is, they're not really sold in packs; you get a card every time you play on the arcade.
That's actually really cool. :D I've seen vending machines with Pokemon cards here before but they just have singles in a cardboard sleeve. Are the Heroes cards just regular cardstock cards? I can't really tell from the commercials. Sometimes they look plasticky.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:22 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Wilderness wrote:Your only hope would be over stores like eBay or YJA. The thing is, they're not really sold in packs; you get a card every time you play on the arcade.
That's actually really cool. :D I've seen vending machines with Pokemon cards here before but they just have singles in a cardboard sleeve. Are the Heroes cards just regular cardstock cards? I can't really tell from the commercials. Sometimes they look plasticky.
Yes they’re cardstock but still thicker than yugioh and Pokémon cards, also the art work on the cards feel a little plasticky on some, mainly the holos. But in between the card is the code that the game actually scans to recognize it

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:45 pm

I sure hope they update UI Goku's model, him just having regular base form hair is really lame.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Waiting for the anticlimax of the Mask coming off the king be like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHu_wmZT-o

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Does Chronoa remind anyone else of Chromie from World of Warcraft?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Majin Demigra wrote:Does Chronoa remind anyone else of Chromie from World of Warcraft?
I'm only seeing them as short, not much else

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:55 am

No signs of an update yet?

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:51 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:No signs of an update yet?
We only recently got the newest one, with SSJ4 Bardock haha. That's likely it for 2017, with the next update coming early 218.

I'm flying back out to Japan on March 24th (will arrive March 26th, flying from London to Seoul, spending a day there, then flying to Tokyo the next morning), so hoping to have 2 updates by then!
I'll be staying in Minowa, which is extremely close to Akihabara and Skytree, both places of Super Dragon Ball Heroes machines. Looking forward to playing the game physically again, rather than just UM/2/X. Think I'll bring my folder with cards I won/bought in vending machines from last time! :)