"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Goresh » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:02 am

The final SDBH set has been released for about a week and my review, although a little late, can be found below.

SH8-21 Goku (Ultra Instinct)

EL Type
HP: 2200
Power: 7300
Guard: 1500

CAA: Super space-time delivery CAA, which is the new CAA of this set. If your Hero Avatar is on your team and is in the attack position from Round 3 or later, summon Vegeta and deal a large amount of damage with "Final Kamehameha." If your team has 7 or more energy, deal a super amount of damage instead. (Limited to 1 time).

Passive: When set in the attack area, permanently increase the amount of damage Goku deals every round. Since the set has been out for a little bit, it's been confirmed that this passive increases Goku's damage by 1.5x every time he is in the attack area.

Super Attack: Ultra Instinct "Sign", costs 7 energy.

Pretty straightforward card that has all of its strong points in the offense department. This is pretty interesting because the Ultra Instinct Goku in set 7 was actually focused around being defensive while this one is the exact opposite. Overall this card isn't bad at all but he ultimately just seems like a nerfed version of Masked Saiyan.

8/10

SH8-39 Aniraza

SP Type
HP: 3000
Power: 4500
Guard: 2000

Attack Effect: Perform a super attack upon winning a CI.

Support Effect: Reduce the ki of all enemies.

Super Attack: Hyperspace Punch.

Literally the most generic support card I can think of. The only thing that makes this guy interesting is the fact that he works well on teams with slow CI speeds so that he can perform his Super Attack as much as possible. Pretty disappointed since they were building this guy up through the set intro and v-jump.

SH8-47 Goku: Xeno (SSJ4)

BS Type
Power: 6700
Guard: 1000

CAA: Fusion CAA with Vegeta: Xeno (SSJ4) as the partner during round 2 or later. After fusing, increase Power and Guard by 1.5x and every round gain double Battle Power, 3 energy, and recover ki.

Passive: At the end of the Battle Power phase, if the enemy team has 7 or more energy, reduce the amount of all damage reduction effects on the enemy team by 50% for that round.

Super Attack: 10x Instant Transmission Kamehameha, costs 7 energy.

Interesting card that was clearly made to counter Ultra Instinct Goku from set 7 since he is pretty much the only card in the current meta that utilizes damage reduction. His fusion CAA is really powerful and I could see that becoming a useful tool in the future but I just don't see this card being a better option than other powerhouses in the game right now unless the Ultra Instinct Goku card I mentioned earlier starts being ran on literally every team. On the other hand, the next card in my review, which is the Vegeta that is supposed to be paired up with this Goku fits perfectly into performing the Fusion CAA because of his passive ability, which will be discussed down below.

7.5/10

SH8-50 Vegeta: Xeno (SSJ4)

HR Type
HP: 3500
Power: 4700

CAA: God Meteor CAA that deals damage upon success and reduces the enemy's damage reduction percentage by the amount of enemies in the attack position x 10%.

Passive: During the first round only, increase Power and Guard by 2x and become immune to stuns.

Super Attack: Double Atomic Flash, costs 7 energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect: When Trunks: Xeno and Goten: Xeno are on the same team as Vegeta: Xeno (SSJ4), activate UUE. Permanently return all enemy's Attack and Guard stats to what they were at the start of the battle. Costs 2 energy.

You can tell that this unit was specifically made to work with Goku's Fusion CAA since it triggers in round 2 and this Vegeta is made to shine in round 1. He should be able to tank quite well during the first round. Also given the fact that he is immune to stuns allows him to essentially be a Tarble-esque tank while stalling the game until the next round where they fuse. While his UEE isn't bad by any means, Goten: Xeno is not really a card you want on your team and I can't really see that being utilized too often. Overall, this card is what will enable the fusion combo and is what will make that a formidable option to run on any team. This is a card I think people are highly underrating.

8.5/10

SH8-52 Supreme Kai of Time

EL Type
HP: 3300
Power: 3200
Guard: 2700

TAA: This card utilizes the new Shenron Touch Action Ability whenever she is attacked during the 2nd round or later 1 time only. Shenron can grant you a wish to restore either health or ki. If the wish power gets maxed out, permanently increase the miracle CI rate of all allies

Passive: If this card is in the support area, at the end of the Battle Power phase, increase the miracle CI rate of all allies for that round only. If the enemy team has 6 or more energy, the effect of this ability increases.

Super Attack: Judgment of Time, costs 4 energy.

UUE: If Goku: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno are on the same team as Supreme Kai of Time, activate UUE. Permanently increases the miracle CI rate of all allies and Battle Power by 1000. Costs 3 energy.

I don't really know how I feel about this card. It is completely centered around increasing the rate of miracle perfect CI's, which basically adds an extra factor of luck to the game. This could allow more inexperienced players to take down better players simply by getting lucky and winning their CI's due to this card's effect only. I think the card itself is good but I question the design standpoint the developers took when they came up with the concept of this card.

8/10

SH8-53 Bardock: Xeno (SSJ3 Masked Saiyan)

BS Type
HP: 2300
Power: 6700

CAA: Freeze CAA that activates while being attacked during round 2 or later. Upon success, deal damage to the attacking enemy and permanently increase their CI speed by a super amount and reduce the enemy team's energy by 1.

Passive: At the end of the Battle Power phase, if your team has over 10,000 Battle Power, do not take any ki damage during that round and perform a Super Attack regardless of how much energy your team has.

Super Attack: Full Charge Rebellion Edge, costs 8 energy.

A Freeze CAA is always good as this guy's passive is actually pretty strong. It is not that hard to make a team with a high Battle Power, which makes Bardock pretty valuable across many teams. Although this card is not unrealistically broken he isn't bad either and is a solid option for many teams that try and have a well-rounded core.

7.5/10

SH8-61 Mechikabura

SP Type
HP: 3400
Power: 1000

Attack Effect: If there is someone else on the team besides Mechikabura in the attack area, reduce the enemy in the attack area with the lowest Guard's Power, Guard, and Ki to 1.

Pretty straightforward card that is really random and isn't really able to be of much use to his team since his ability is so specific. Can't really see why I would be using this card on my team.

5/10

SH8-SEC Gogeta: Xeno (SSJ4)

HR Type
HP: 2500
Power: 8600

CAA: Counter Rush CAA that activates when your health is below 50% and you are being attacked. Upon success, cancel the enemy's attack and counter them. Upon perfect success, permanently reduce the damage reduction effects of the attacking enemy by 50%. (1 time only).

Passive: If Gogeta is attacking alone, he gains 10,000 Power and is able to attack 3 times.

Super Attack: Atomic Kamehameha, costs 8 energy.

UUE: If Gohan: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno are on the same team as Gogeta: Xeno (SSJ4), activate the UUE. All allies recover ki and increase their Power by 5000. Costs 7 energy.

This card is incredible. I can't remember the last time they made a card that opened up as many options as this one. Gogeta can literally single-handedly stall the enemy team while dishing out 3 attacks by himself. This is uncharted territory for DBH and they continue to make cards that break the limitation of the game. Of course there are downsides to this guy as he can easily be countered by getting debuffed and stalled by enemy tanks but overall I find it very hard to come up with a glaring flaw in this card. A great card that will see play for a long, long time.

9.5/10

SH8-SEC2 King Vegeta: Xeno

EL Type
Power: 4400
Guard: 1500

TAA: Darkness Shenron TAA that activates on or after the 2nd round while attacking. Allows you to choose between a regular damage wish and a ki damage wish. If the wish power gets maxed out, permanently reduce the Guard of all enemies by 50%.

Passive: At the end of the Battle Power phase, increase the CI speed of all enemies that have a Power stat of over 12000 for that round only by a super amount.

Super Attack: Dark King's Flash, costs 7 energy.

This card's strength lies entirely in it's TAA that allows you to halve the Guard of all enemies. that in itself is pretty damn strong. That, paired up with the passive of keeping buffed up enemies in check makes King Vegeta: Xeno a nice inclusion in teams that aim to end the game in round 2, while allowing you to pseudo-counter enemy teams with similar strategies since it basically makes it impossible for cards with super high Power stats to win CI's.

9/10

This is a pretty damn solid set and I like pretty much every card in it except I'm a little disappointed with how they've handled the SP type cards lately. There are a bunch of cool things they can do with them that change the way the game is played entirely but we have yet to see many captivating effects for these cards. As usual, the SECs of this set are impressive (especially Gogeta) and with the release of the Universe Missions coming up next, we can expect to see some absolutely crazy SEC card(s) during its first set, as is tradition. (ie Masked Saiyan, Vegito Blue)

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:24 am

Sad to see King vegeta still not getting a new attack but at least he seems a strong card.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:49 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Sad to see King vegeta still not getting a new attack but at least he seems a strong card.
I mean he’s a sec and most sec cards have really great effects, I’m mainly sad they haven’t explained yet what’s going on with his new look.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Sad to see King vegeta still not getting a new attack but at least he seems a strong card.
I mean he’s a sec and most sec cards have really great effects, I’m mainly sad they haven’t explained yet what’s going on with his new look.
Yeah, he has the darkened hair with the red streak, which seems to tell me he's got demon god kiri in him (its basically a dark evolution like the others right?) but that red streak makes me wonder if thats the 'god' in the demon god coming out.

Ah well here's hoping he is in the next mission series with the standard ss 1-3 deal going... I want to see him with a crotch length goatee

peterx
Beyond Newbie

Post by peterx » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi,
I'm new to this manga, and I would like to ask two question about it from its Fans 8)
1. Is it a "serious" manga with a real story or rather a gag manga or "what if" scenarios? cant really decide after seeing a few pages from it
2. Does it have any official english (uncut) release in the US? or (see the 1. question) its a joke/fan manga and no company will take it to the stores..

Thank You! :)

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:17 pm

peterx wrote:Hi,
I'm new to this manga, and I would like to ask two question about it from its Fans 8)
1. Is it a "serious" manga with a real story or rather a gag manga or "what if" scenarios? cant really decide after seeing a few pages from it
2. Does it have any official english (uncut) release in the US? or (see the 1. question) its a joke/fan manga and no company will take it to the stores..

Which manga, SDBH manga or DBH Victory mission, but both are serious and not gag manga they’re their own continuations based on the dragon ball heroes arcade games, there are more dragon ball heroes mangas than this but I’m assuming those are probably the two you could be talking about, there is no official English translation for any heroes content

peterx
Beyond Newbie

Post by peterx » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:31 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
peterx wrote:Hi,

Which manga, SDBH manga or DBH Victory mission, but both are serious and not gag manga they’re their own continuations based on the dragon ball heroes arcade games, there are more dragon ball heroes mangas than this but I’m assuming those are probably the two you could be talking about, there is no official English translation for any heroes content
Thank You! :D Didn't knew there were two Heroes manga already.. well I hope someday there will be an offical english release, cant find even fan translates for these mangas.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:46 pm

There's 3: Victory Mission, Charisma Mission and Dark Demon Realm Mission.
This thread is for the game mainly, I'm not sure if the manga threads are active though.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:01 am

DNA wrote:There's 3: Victory Mission, Charisma Mission and Dark Demon Realm Mission.
This thread is for the game mainly, I'm not sure if the manga threads are active though.
There’s 4 or 5 actually

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:25 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:There’s 4 or 5 actually
Really? I'm completely unaware of any others. What are they?

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:48 pm

No new card attacks compilation yet?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:01 pm

DI297 wrote:No new card attacks compilation yet?
Doesnt seem that way but will look around

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:03 pm

What are the chances Fu and Android 21 (all forms) will be cards soon?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:48 am

DNA wrote:
DBH VM, SDBH DDRM, SDBH CM and SDBH society survival arc, also I think android 21 and fu will be in heroes soon

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:43 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
DNA wrote:
DBH VM, SDBH DDRM, SDBH CM and SDBH society survival arc, also I think android 21 and fu will be in heroes soon
I have no idea what all those letters mean. Are you in such a hurry that you can't spare an extra minute to fully type what you mean?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:59 am

DNA wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
DNA wrote: Really? I'm completely unaware of any others. What are they?
I have no idea what all those letters mean. Are you in such a hurry that you can't spare an extra minute to fully type what you mean?
Dragon ball heroes victory mission, Super Dragon Ball Heroes dark demon realm mission, Super Dragon Ball Heroes charisma mission and Super Dragon Ball Heroes society survival arc( I think there might be one more but I can’t rember the name) currently there is only one chapter out for society survival arc, and yes I was busy and I typed out the one you haven’t heard of yet the wrest you’ve heard of

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:42 pm

I... I would point you to the forum rules thread, but it really doesn't seem like anyone cares at this point :I
Whatever, thanks for the update, I didn't know the Society Survival had a manga too.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:57 pm

DNA wrote:I... I would point you to the forum rules thread, but it really doesn't seem like anyone cares at this point :I
Whatever, thanks for the update, I didn't know the Society Survival had a manga too.
I’ve read it, it doesn’t say I’m not allowed to abbreviate words I see people abbreviating all the time lmao so not a very witty response. But you’re welcome for the information.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:48 pm

It says you're supposed to type and construct sentences correctly in order to be understood, especially since this is an international forum. You skip punctuation, use abbreviations and have plenty typos, so it's a bit hard to understand you.
But like I said, it doesn't seem like the rules are being enforced much these days, I've made reports recently, (not about you) and they were closed with no action.
I mostly just avoid posting now, I'm not alone in this decision, it doesn't really hurt the forum at all though, so no one cares.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:53 pm

DNA wrote:It says you're supposed to type and construct sentences correctly in order to be understood, especially since this is an international forum. You skip punctuation, use abbreviations and have plenty typos, so it's a bit hard to understand you.
But like I said, it doesn't seem like the rules are being enforced much these days, I've made reports recently, (not about you) and they were closed with no action.
I mostly just avoid posting now, I'm not alone in this decision, it doesn't really hurt the forum at all though, so no one cares.
The moderators and administrators are under no obligation to inform you of any action they may or may not take with other users by your own or anyone else's reports.

If you truly believe a post does not live up to the community guidelines, please report it. If you simply don't like what someone has to say, please ignore it and move on.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::