"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:50 am

Pan's Card art looks cool; though I still wonder why Pan hasn't gotten Super Saiyan yet
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:30 am

It's not that surprising when you realize that even though Heroes has worked with lots of what-if, the only one who got the Super Saiyan form so far was Mira. No other Saiyan has it. Nappa and Raditz are still "stuck" in Super Saiyan 3 somehow. Xeno King Vegeta might be the next one to get it but considering how things are going, the introduction of Fu and new storyline to present, there's a chance he won't be on the spotlight for now.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:29 pm

Wew, we amiibo now bois.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Are they going to make ones for ALL the characters or just the main cast?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Ricardolindo

Post by Ricardolindo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:21 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:What happened??? i thought Demigra was killed after the end of God Mission but apparently he appears in the Super DB Heroes manga or has been hinted that he still there don't know all the details however because the only sure way to follow the game is in those arcade machines and everything in japanese i have no idea of the rest.
He just explained the cliffhanger. Mechickaboola appears before Towa and the Makai Army immediately following Demigra's defeat, teasing what would be coming in SDBH.

For the rest of the post, DB Online, XV/XV2, DBH/SDBH arcades, DBH 3DS, DBH/SDBH animated commercials, and the DBH Makai manga all have different versions of the same basic story. There's no continuity between any of them (that aren't outright sequels, like XV to XV2). None of them have any effect on the other. They shouldn't even link up with each other in the multiple timeline sense, as each one features different events of the Time Patrol and its formation, even though there's implied to only be one version of Time Kaioshin Chronoa that oversees history.
Thing is, Xenoverse/Xenoverse2 and Dragon Ball Heroes/Super Dragon Ball Heroes arcades are in the same continuity because in Dragon Ball Heroes it was said Demigra had died before and that must be refering to the events in Xenoverse. DB Online may be as well because in age 999, Dende created multiple sets of dragon balls and in Xenoverse 2 it was said the dragon balls the Time Patrol uses was one of several sets of them that Dende had created which may imply the Time Patrol went to age 999, took one set and returned to age 850 or before with them.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:40 pm

So uh... This is from chapter 10 I assume?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:25 am

No, it's from the Dragon Ball Fusions manga. Chapter 10 only contains the fight between the Demon Gods and the Time Patrol, Mechickaboola's wish and rejuvenation, and the brief bits of the Time Patrol licking their wounds in the Time Nest after Chronoa's sacrifice.
Ricardolindo wrote:Thing is, Xenoverse/Xenoverse2 and Dragon Ball Heroes/Super Dragon Ball Heroes arcades are in the same continuity because in Dragon Ball Heroes it was said Demigra had died before and that must be refering to the events in Xenoverse. DB Online may be as well because in age 999, Dende created multiple sets of dragon balls and in Xenoverse 2 it was said the dragon balls the Time Patrol uses was one of several sets of them that Dende had created which may imply the Time Patrol went to age 999, took one set and returned to age 850 or before with them.
I remember nothing about Demigra being mentioned to have died before in any of the main material. He's only been mentioned as being defeated, which is supposed to be his pre-Demon God self 75 million years ago. It's possible something in the Ultimate Mission games make a remark about it, but in that case, it very well could be referring to his "death" in the God Mission series. (The 3DS games seem like a bit of a clusterfuck from what I've read of alakazam^'s translations, so it's hard to say for certain.)

The XV Time Patrol in AGE 850 can't go to DBO's AGE and obtain Dende's weaker Dragon Balls. It's very clearly set up with how each of these adaptations learn about the events that unfold and the villains behind them. If the Time Kaioshin sent them after Dragon Balls, she'd be aware of Towa and Mira's actions in the future, rather than learning about them in the story of XV. And If Trunks already knows about said villains during XV, there's no need for him to be learning about them in DBO and all that. That would be far beyond an incoherent mess.

There should only be one Time Kaioshin to watch over all of history, one Time Patrol which is formed in very different ways in each story, various contradicting info from the events, etc.

As of right now, there's still no shared continuity between the various adaptations. They're each their own "parallel universe" that can't interact with each other, but share most/all the other DB material as recorded history in their own continuity.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:36 am

Grimlock wrote:So uh... This is from chapter 10 I assume?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Frieza and Cooler's weekly LARP session.
"I hereby bequeath solo loot!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:30 am

Kanassa wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I dont think thats Cooler, hes got Cell-type spots on his body

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:18 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I dont think thats Cooler, hes got Cell-type spots on his body
Lol because it is cell, it’s cell and frieza. fusion’s manga is alright the art is really good but I still don’t think the story is as good as SDBH

Ricardolindo

Post by Ricardolindo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:No, it's from the Dragon Ball Fusions manga. Chapter 10 only contains the fight between the Demon Gods and the Time Patrol, Mechickaboola's wish and rejuvenation, and the brief bits of the Time Patrol licking their wounds in the Time Nest after Chronoa's sacrifice.
Ricardolindo wrote:Thing is, Xenoverse/Xenoverse2 and Dragon Ball Heroes/Super Dragon Ball Heroes arcades are in the same continuity because in Dragon Ball Heroes it was said Demigra had died before and that must be refering to the events in Xenoverse. DB Online may be as well because in age 999, Dende created multiple sets of dragon balls and in Xenoverse 2 it was said the dragon balls the Time Patrol uses was one of several sets of them that Dende had created which may imply the Time Patrol went to age 999, took one set and returned to age 850 or before with them.
I remember nothing about Demigra being mentioned to have died before in any of the main material. He's only been mentioned as being defeated, which is supposed to be his pre-Demon God self 75 million years ago. It's possible something in the Ultimate Mission games make a remark about it, but in that case, it very well could be referring to his "death" in the God Mission series. (The 3DS games seem like a bit of a clusterfuck from what I've read of alakazam^'s translations, so it's hard to say for certain.)

The XV Time Patrol in AGE 850 can't go to DBO's AGE and obtain Dende's weaker Dragon Balls. It's very clearly set up with how each of these adaptations learn about the events that unfold and the villains behind them. If the Time Kaioshin sent them after Dragon Balls, she'd be aware of Towa and Mira's actions in the future, rather than learning about them in the story of XV. And If Trunks already knows about said villains during XV, there's no need for him to be learning about them in DBO and all that. That would be far beyond an incoherent mess.

There should only be one Time Kaioshin to watch over all of history, one Time Patrol which is formed in very different ways in each story, various contradicting info from the events, etc.

As of right now, there's still no shared continuity between the various adaptations. They're each their own "parallel universe" that can't interact with each other, but share most/all the other DB material as recorded history in their own continuity.
Trunks and Chronoa may simply have been surprised Towa and Mira were acting in certain ages or this may be a causal loop. Also in Dragon Ball Online it's said that in Age 851, Mira and the Time Breakers destroyed New Namek. Age 851 is the year between Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2, it certainly makes sense for that to have happened.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Ricardolindo wrote:Trunks and Chronoa may simply have been surprised Towa and Mira were acting in certain ages or this may be a causal loop. Also in Dragon Ball Online it's said that in Age 851, Mira and the Time Breakers destroyed New Namek. Age 851 is the year between Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2, it certainly makes sense for that to have happened.
No, each version has the Time Patrol with a first encounter, learning who the villains are, their names, some amount of their plans, etc. You can try and force them together if you want; no one will stop you. But it's clear there's no intended, official continuity as of yet.

(We'll see what happens when Fu appears in UM1 after XV2, since they noted he's from there. We'll learn if it was an in or out of universe reference.)
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:43 pm

If we start having cross continuity along with all the flustercluck that Online, Xenoverse and Heroes already is, I think my brain will explode.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:44 am

Has anyone seen this? https://twitter.com/DB__ZGTKAISUPER/sta ... 5781689344

Judging by the appearance of Coola, he really was the one that appeared in the Ultimate Charisma teaser.

Who's the guy at 1:00? Masked SSJ4 Goku Xeno? lol

Maybe Fuu manages to control all the Time Patrol since the Time Kaioshin is not around anymore, so the Super characters have to save their Time Patrol counterparts.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:45 am

Trailer.
https://youtu.be/F_2Sdz9pUpE
Get to see some UI, Ikari Trunks and what looks like a new character.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -40-16.png

Edit: beaten.

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:48 am

Huh, can't really tell who that is probay one of the SEC. Beat flying into the ToP shouldn't that be a disqualification.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:01 am

EveBlaze31 wrote:Huh, can't really tell who that is probay one of the SEC. Beat flying into the ToP shouldn't that be a disqualification.
No flying isn't a rule, the fighters were just made incapable of flying. They made note that if you are able to fly still then it's fine.
Sandubadear wrote: Who's the guy at 1:00? Masked SSJ4 Goku Xeno? lol.
That's not SSJ4 Goku's hair and there is no red around the eyes. It looks like black "ssj3 style" hair. Pretty sure it's a new character.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:03 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Trailer.

I hope to see Cooler getting a new form or something, as he didn't appear as one of the villians in the dark dragon balls saga, and that new character i didn't even notice at first, reminds me of Broly must be the eyes, it wouldn't surprise me if he was they love to milk him after all but for this time i really hope is somebody else, unless he is an original character i hope is not Goku either, but for the looks it must be him or Gohan.

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:15 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
EveBlaze31 wrote:Huh, can't really tell who that is probay one of the SEC. Beat flying into the ToP shouldn't that be a disqualification.
No flying isn't a rule, the fighters were just made incapable of flying. They made note that if you are able to fly still then it's fine.
Ah sorry, what I meant to say was shouldn't an additional fighter count as a means of disqualification. It the last 2 minutes of the match and some kid out of no where joins in on the fun.

Kaio_Krazy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kaio_Krazy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:11 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Trailer.

Wow, this is the first time I actually wish some Dragon Ball Heroes stuff would make it's way into the main series. The whole prison planet thing is neat, Fu has a cool design, and we get to see more of future Trunks but doing something different from what we usually get out of him. If Super went a different direction, I wouldn't mind seeing something like this.