"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Dragotaker wrote:That trailer was a real letdown, nothing new happened like at all, half the trailer was about Android 21 and that new saiyan guy wasn't even featured that much, now Bojack is also like Cooler somehow in this but none of them have new forms or anything of the sort not even that ''Evil'' Goku, seriously this has to be the worst trailer for a game that is always about crazy what-if stuff, think they took that thing about being a sequel to Super way too seriously because it was really tame.
I mean we don’t know if bojack or cooler will have new forms because sometimes bew forms aren’t shown in the animated trailers, and heroes isn’t just only what if stuff.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:57 pm

So what's the deal with Cooler in the current story? Is he a good guy now or something?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:04 pm

No, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". He's just cooperating in order to get out of there, one can say he's playing the role that Freeza played in Universe Survival saga.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:12 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Guys, that map has nothing to do with Dragon Ball Heroes thread. Please take the discussion elsewhere.
The discussion is relevant enough to be had here. Though I don't really know what else can be said. It's not like the map is used in much DB material even though it's existed for a while. So it's not really surprising that Heroes doesn't really use it either.
Indeed, in the newer material (both in the Super anime and in these Heroes trailers) they don't use that map to draw the planet. Earth is instead represented with a trace of the blue marble photo, which I personally find really disappointing.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:49 pm

I hope we don't have to wait long for Heroes to add a "True power" Jiren (when he was extra buff and shirtless), GoD Toppo, Super Maximum Light Speed Dyspo, and topless Vegeta that is Blue Evolved or can transform into that. Hopefully all or at least some of them make it in in the upcoming update.
Also did they ever add "regular" or SSJ2 Kale, or is she just in her base and Berserk forms?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Grimlock wrote:Cooler and Bojack got themselves a profile as well. It seems Bojack might also be Fu's prisoner. Which would be cool considering they were left out in the previous saga, it'd be nice if each one of them get a new form out of this, mainly Cooler. Can someone translate them?
Coola: He's working with Trunks in order to escape the Prison Planet.

Boujakku: Fu trapped his whole team in the Prison Planet. He has one Dragon Ball.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:01 pm

So is this Raditz looking guy more Hannibal or Bane?

perhaps being teased about saibamen strength broke him after all this time

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Am I the only one who cringe like mad with the look of Earth? This is the real Dragon Ball earth map.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That's piss me off so much :evil:
Why? That doesn't mean this is the whole planet, they could still expand it by showing new areas.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Bross;Bruno

Post by Bross;Bruno » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:36 pm

I like berserker goku, it's simple, but cool to me, same with trunks' new clothes, and can someone tell me if bojack and friends are popular in japan? because it can be just me but it really sounds like they are
English is not my primary language, sorry about mispeling

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:39 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Am I the only one who cringe like mad with the look of Earth? This is the real Dragon Ball earth map.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That's piss me off so much :evil:
Why? That doesn't mean this is the whole planet, they could still expand it by showing new areas.
The map I posted is the entire world map of earth Dragon Ball there is no other land mass.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:48 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:The map I posted is the entire world map of earth Dragon Ball there is no other land mass.
The Daizenshuu confirms that?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:57 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
The map I posted is the entire world map of earth Dragon Ball there is no other land mass.
I like pangea-style maps, it's obviously based on real world but with its differences.

I've played a game where the planet has only 4 isles with civilization and a giant ass unexplored continent filled with barbarians and stuff.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:15 pm

So, back on topic:
alakazam^ wrote:Coola: He's working with Trunks in order to escape the Prison Planet.

Boujakku: Fu trapped his whole team in the Prison Planet. He has one Dragon Ball.
So not every prisoner has a Dragon Ball, huh? That opens the possibility for more new characters to be introduced.
Bross;Bruno wrote:can someone tell me if bojack and friends are popular in japan? because it can be just me but it really sounds like they are
Although Heroes also works with popularity, it doesn't mean it always has to work solely with popularity. Heroes has made two polls so far, neither of them Bojack and his team appeared as far as I can remember, so they might not be that popular. Still, if Heroes feels like it, it'll use those characters.

It's actually one of the many charming aspect of this game, it gives other characters, even minor ones, attention, unlike a certain "main series" (that kinda changed in the latest saga, but I can't stress "kinda" enough). It's even marvelous when you realize that Cooler and Bojack are exactly the ones that were left out back in the search for the Dark Dragon Balls plot. You can expect Garlic Junior and probably Wheelo and Hirudegarn here as well.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Yeah it's cool to have those guys return and do something but i would have expected for Heroes to give them a new form at least like they did for pretty much everyone in the Dark Demon Realm Arc, as far as we know Cooler is the only one who's still tagging along so there still time for him, but i'll be surprised if we see Bojack again after this set, not that anybody knows what's going to happen in the game's story yet. I want to see Baby or Omega Shenron appear in this arc.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:22 pm

The majority of Heroes new content in terms of story elements is usually recycled from previous material of the franchise, with a new coat of paint (similar to the original pre-BoG movies). Coola is almost certainly being made to tag along as a parallel to Freeza reluctantly helping out Goku and the gang in the Universe Survival Arc. Same kind of marketing ploy that led to Broli Dark shortly after we had Goku Black.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:39 am

So any theories on this new saiyan?

It' probably not Broly, but someone new for a masked character seems a bit out of nowhere. The single quiff is a bit like Shallot's, but the hair length is very Raditz. Then again Raditz's colours (the brown and black) are in this guys pants and sash, so maybe this is a Xeno version? I'm really excited about this one because it's not got a dead giveaway like the dark masked king or bardock
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The majority of Heroes new content in terms of story elements is usually recycled from previous material of the franchise, with a new coat of paint (similar to the original pre-BoG movies). Coola is almost certainly being made to tag along as a parallel to Freeza reluctantly helping out Goku and the gang in the Universe Survival Arc. Same kind of marketing ploy that led to Broli Dark shortly after we had Goku Black.
How is Broly Dark even comparable to Goku Black though?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:16 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:How is Broly Dark even comparable to Goku Black though?
It's not a literal parallel in this instance, as if he were body snatched like Black. Just meant to play off that sort of image with the name, black clothes, brainwashing, etc.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:11 pm

Sorry to bother you guys but does anyone know often sdbh manga updates is it monthly or something.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:43 pm

About Cooler I have the feeling we will see Golden Cooler :o
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:30 pm

Just saw the trailer. How could they make waifu 21 thin like that? Have they no respect for the thiccness?

Shameful :evil:
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."