"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:13 am

DNA wrote:I'm not confortable seeing anyone being more powerful than Vegetto, especially in such a high form as Super Saiyan 4.
then how you've managed to get through Heroes up to this point where characters just constantly escalate with no sign of slowing down is beyond me.

Power levels in heroes work like stamina in the TOP, there's just an endless supply without limit no matter what upper limit there is.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:40 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
DNA wrote:I'm not confortable seeing anyone being more powerful than Vegetto, especially in such a high form as Super Saiyan 4.
then how you've managed to get through Heroes up to this point where characters just constantly escalate with no sign of slowing down is beyond me.

Power levels in heroes work like stamina in the TOP, there's just an endless supply without limit no matter what upper limit there is.
I'm not talking about the game itself. First we were discussing the manga, then you guys say only the game matters, now you're saying powerlevels don't make sense in the game. Make up your minds.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 am

DNA wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

I'm not talking about the game itself. First we were discussing the manga, then you guys say only the game matters, now you're saying powerlevels don't make sense in the game. Make up your minds.
You didnt read my post very well. I said we cant really compare them all when the three media are doing their own thing. Powerscaling is absurd and fluctuates between the media, so someone is going to argue the manga is 'canon' while others the anime or the game, and then it gets messy because in truth, if we look at the series strictly, none of this could be argued as 'canon.'

And my comment about power wasnt specifically about the games, but heroes as a whole.

And 'you guys' I'm not multiple people. Dont just try to blend every comment into one post and respond collectively

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:20 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:You didnt read my post very well. I said we cant really compare them all when the three media are doing their own thing. Powerscaling is absurd and fluctuates between the media, so someone is going to argue the manga is 'canon' while others the anime or the game, and then it gets messy because in truth, if we look at the series strictly, none of this could be argued as 'canon.'

And my comment about power wasnt specifically about the games, but heroes as a whole.
And in Heroes as a whole it seems Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto is really nerfed, which makes no sense considering how powerful he should be.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:And 'you guys' I'm not multiple people. Dont just try to blend every comment into one post and respond collectively
Why? Give me a valid reason. I don't like people randomly telling me what to do.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:29 am

DNA wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:You didnt read my post very well. I said we cant really compare them all when the three media are doing their own thing. Powerscaling is absurd and fluctuates between the media, so someone is going to argue the manga is 'canon' while others the anime or the game, and then it gets messy because in truth, if we look at the series strictly, none of this could be argued as 'canon.'

And in Heroes as a whole it seems Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto is really nerfed, which makes no sense considering how powerful he should be.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:And 'you guys' I'm not multiple people. Dont just try to blend every comment into one post and respond collectively
Why? Give me a valid reason. I don't like people randomly telling me what to do.
We dont have a scale for him to be 'nerfed' from. He's nver appeard before, but if he and Gogeta are supposed to b equal in power like Toriyama has said, even if the Xeno versions are stronger by a little bit but close to equal, it would still mean theyd struggle against Cumber when Blu Kaioken Vegito couldnt take him.

And if you want a valid reason not to collect multiple peoples differing opinions together and not tar us all like its one person who is being incoherent, it's because you will make no sense and struggle to look coherent yourself. I cant speak for points I didnt make.

Then again you are trying to argue like Beerus' max power when serious has been seen, when it hasn't. If you cant understand the problem with conjecture or muddling others arguments to make a generalized response, I don't think there's much helping that.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:35 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
DNA wrote:

We dont have a scale for him to be 'nerfed' from. He's nver appeard before, but if he and Gogeta are supposed to b equal in power like Toriyama has said, even if the Xeno versions are stronger by a little bit but close to equal, it would still mean theyd struggle against Cumber when Blu Kaioken Vegito couldnt take him.

And if you want a valid reason not to collect multiple peoples differing opinions together and not tar us all like its one person who is being incoherent, it's because you will make no sense and struggle to look coherent yourself. I cant speak for points I didnt make.

Then again you are trying to argue like Beerus' max power when serious has been seen, when it hasn't. If you cant understand the problem with conjecture or muddling others arguments to make a generalized response, I don't think there's much helping that.
Wow, aren't you condescending. I could refute and validify my points, but instead I'll just thank you for remind me why I don't really post much on this forum anymore :)

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:45 am

DNA wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
DNA wrote: And in Heroes as a whole it seems Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto is really nerfed, which makes no sense considering how powerful he should be.

Wow, aren't you condescending. I could refute and validify my points, but instead I'll just thank you for remind me why I don't really post much on this forum anymore :)
Hey, you asked why I told you making out like we're all inconsistant isn't a good idea, and I told you why. That's not condescending, that's pointing out why you are wrong.

I also pointed out you've got no reason to believe anyone is going to 'break Beerus' but you love conjecture so yeah. *Shrug* You do you I guess?

Anyway, back on topic, how long till the next episode is out? It cant be more than 2 weeks right?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Just read the latest chapter.

Lmao from the way both Goku & Vegeta were getting up, I was half-expecting Vegeta to enter UI. But alas, it had to be only Goku. Vegeta still salty about UI after all this time.

Seems like V4 actually had the slight upper hand against Cumber until he ramped it up to SSJ3. So Bluegetto and V4 are both more or less equal to base Cumber.

The battle choreography was good in some places (Ozotto vs Hatchiyack), crap in others (V4 vs Cumber). After the grand entrance by the Xeno duo, you'd think V4 and Cumber's battle would get a little more creative than just flurries of kicks/punches. But I did like the way UI just went around SSJ3 Cumber's multiple arms. t's like Cumber's arsenal was made to be the perfect candidate to show off UI's autododge hax.

So I guess this was Oolong's purpose in the long run, to get everyone out of the Prison Planet instead of via Xeno Goku's IT. I assume Golden Cooler and V4 went back to their respective initial locations...?

Still wondering how are they going to get transported to U6. Will the Xenos even play a role at this point, or will they just go back to their own headquarters with the Time Kaioshin?
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Where are you reading this so early I asked rhetorically totally not hoping you PM me a link.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:40 am

TobyS wrote:Where are you reading this so early I asked rhetorically totally not hoping you PM me a link.
seconded

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:38 am

The fifth (and as of this writing latest) chapter of Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Universe Mission by Yoshitaka Nagayama was published in the January 2019 issue of Saikyo Jump, released 02 December 2018. It is available to purchase on Amazon Japan and CDJapan.

Thus far, Universe Mission has not received any collected editions, though the prior series (Dark Demon Realm Mission) received two and we'll likely see a collected release for this one as well.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:55 am

Oh yeah, God Big Bang Kamehameha. 8) Too bad Gogeta doesn't use it in the movie, well, thankfully we have games to fix those mistakes. :)

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:49 am

Grimlock wrote:Oh yeah, God Big Bang Kamehameha. 8) Too bad Gogeta doesn't use it in the movie, well, thankfully we have games to fix those mistakes. :)

now that is sick.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Rakurai wrote:Just read the latest chapter.

Lmao from the way both Goku & Vegeta were getting up, I was half-expecting Vegeta to enter UI. But alas, it had to be only Goku. Vegeta still salty about UI after all this time.

Seems like V4 actually had the slight upper hand against Cumber until he ramped it up to SSJ3. So Bluegetto and V4 are both more or less equal to base Cumber.

The battle choreography was good in some places (Ozotto vs Hatchiyack), crap in others (V4 vs Cumber). After the grand entrance by the Xeno duo, you'd think V4 and Cumber's battle would get a little more creative than just flurries of kicks/punches. But I did like the way UI just went around SSJ3 Cumber's multiple arms. t's like Cumber's arsenal was made to be the perfect candidate to show off UI's autododge hax.

So I guess this was Oolong's purpose in the long run, to get everyone out of the Prison Planet instead of via Xeno Goku's IT. I assume Golden Cooler and V4 went back to their respective initial locations...?

Still wondering how are they going to get transported to U6. Will the Xenos even play a role at this point, or will they just go back to their own headquarters with the Time Kaioshin?
You probably don't know this, but you are extremely wrong on one point. The manga version of ssb vegito kicked base cumbers ass effortlessly. And a kaioken empowered vegito was on par with a golden oozaru cumber.

So you can see how much inferior ssj4 vegito was.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:40 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:You probably don't know this, but you are extremely wrong on one point. The manga version of ssb vegito kicked base cumbers ass effortlessly. And a kaioken empowered vegito was on par with a golden oozaru cumber.

Not really.

SSB Vegito was evenly matched with Base Cumber and while he landed some solid hits on Oozaru Cumber, Cumber wasn't bothered by it the slightest and the beam clash went nowhere because Vegito separated, leaving Goku and Vegeta needing to be saved by Fu.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:09 am

Manga still doesn't matter.

Heroes events are based on past ARCADE events, not manga events.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:01 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:Manga still doesn't matter.

Heroes events are based on past ARCADE events, not manga events.
the manga matters in conversation directly about the manga, that's all.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:46 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: You probably don't know this, but you are extremely wrong on one point. The manga version of ssb vegito kicked base cumbers ass effortlessly. And a kaioken empowered vegito was on par with a golden oozaru cumber.

I'm sorry. U diddly wot m8?

In no version of SDBH does Bluegetto kick Cumber's ass effortlessly, let alone empower.
Are we reading the same manga cause that sure doesn't look like an ass kicking to me. Please educate yourself better before you attempt to educate someone else.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Not really.

SSB Vegito was evenly matched with Base Cumber and while he landed some solid hits on Oozaru Cumber, Cumber wasn't bothered by it the slightest and the beam clash went nowhere because Vegito separated, leaving Goku and Vegeta needing to be saved by Fu.
Adding that it was KK-Bluegetto who landed some hits on Great Ape Cumber, who immediately recovered and retaliated with an energy blast.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote: You probably don't know this, but you are extremely wrong on one point. The manga version of ssb vegito kicked base cumbers ass effortlessly. And a kaioken empowered vegito was on par with a golden oozaru cumber.

I'm sorry. U diddly wot m8?

In no version of SDBH does Bluegetto kick Cumber's ass effortlessly, let alone empower.
Are we reading the same manga cause that sure doesn't look like an ass kicking to me. Please educate yourself better before you attempt to educate someone else.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Not really.

Adding that it was KK-Bluegetto who landed some hits on Great Ape Cumber, who immediately recovered and retaliated with an energy blast.
why couldnt the anime have had fights like this... seriously, that was some nice choreography and skill usage.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:43 pm

When should we realistically be expecting scans for the next mission?