"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:46 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
why couldnt the anime have had fights like this... seriously, that was some nice choreography and skill usage.
Better yet, why couldn't V4 vs Cumber in the manga have been more like this. It was so generic and bland.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:19 am

That was it?

Are you kidding me?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:That was it?

Are you kidding me?
it's a 20 pages monthly manga to promote the arcade.... what were you expecting?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:43 pm

Universe Mission (and Dark Demon Realm Mission before it) is/are serialized in Saikyo Jump, which is published bimonthly (every other month).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:37 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: it's a 20 pages monthly manga to promote the arcade.... what were you expecting?
The same effort put on making Bluegetto look cool.

Probably just talking out of my ass, but I get the feeling that the artist of the Universe and Demon realm mangas isn't very fond of SSJ4.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote: it's a 20 pages monthly manga to promote the arcade.... what were you expecting?
The same effort put on making Bluegetto look cool.

Probably just talking out of my ass, but I get the feeling that the artist of the Universe and Demon realm mangas isn't very fond of SSJ4.
I think it comes down to a few things.

1. Super Saiyan 4's are bonus content for Heroes, they routinely show up as extras but havent had much impact on overall story progression in years
2. They are promoting Super's content lately, hence why the focus on Bluegetta and UI Goku. Pushing GT content wouldnt look good from a marketing perspective.

I dont think its necessarily personal dislike, more they would be working under certain rules from above, just like anyone in this industry.

But yeah, I think I would have preferred a shorted section elsehwhere so this could have been better

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:51 pm

any news on these 'twins' that are the villains in the next arc?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:47 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I think it comes down to a few things.

1. Super Saiyan 4's are bonus content for Heroes, they routinely show up as extras but havent had much impact on overall story progression in years
2. They are promoting Super's content lately, hence why the focus on Bluegetta and UI Goku. Pushing GT content wouldnt look good from a marketing perspective.

I dont think its necessarily personal dislike, more they would be working under certain rules from above, just like anyone in this industry.

But yeah, I think I would have preferred a shorted section elsehwhere so this could have been better
Nonsense.

Dimps wasn't bothered in the slightest about having GT Goku showing up as your guide in the 3DS port despite being released in the middle of Super's ariring. Plus, as it has been pointed out before, the big reveal for Heroes 8th anniversary was V4.

As for the dislike, all the SSJ4 forms seen so far on the mangas are the ones consistently off model, at the point that the money shot of Goku Xeno at the start of this chapter is barely recognizable or how V4 looks significantly worse compared to UI Goku.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:04 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I think it comes down to a few things.

Nonsense.

Dimps wasn't bothered in the slightest about having GT Goku showing up as your guide in the 3DS port despite being released in the middle of Super's ariring. Plus, as it has been pointed out before, the big reveal for Heroes 8th anniversary was V4.

As for the dislike, all the SSJ4 forms seen so far on the mangas are the ones consistently off model, at the point that the money shot of Goku Xeno at the start of this chapter is barely recognizable or how V4 looks significantly worse compared to UI Goku.
Well ok then snappy but I doubt it's the anti ss4 agenda you make it sound like.

Remember, the main marketing product is Super and it's movies lately, GT is second fiddle since its popular but not the main product with the fans, particularly super saiyan 4. The guys up top have their marketing plan and the products we get tie directly to that marketing strategy. The main reason we get SS4 forms and not god or blue ones is because Super is still running and they probably dont want to tread on the toes of any potential upcoming plans in case they give someone like Gohan ss god before the series. GT being over makes it safer to give pretty much anyone the form.

It's like how the games went through a period of giving Vegeta and Broly super saiyan 3 a while ago.

Dont get me wrong, I really wish Vegito 4 got a better fight, but GT and it's content could be argued from a marketing perspective to be potentially splitting fan engagement from Super to a product they arent making anymore. Yes, it sucks, but that sort of idea isn't uncommon when you're ultimate goal is to push one over the other.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:47 am

V4 is not GT content, is Heroes original content, so I don't get why you keep bringing GT in this.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:50 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:V4 is not GT content, is Heroes original content, so I don't get why you keep bringing GT in this.
I cant tell if you're joking if you dont consider super saiyan 4 to not be tied to its source material GT. That or that's some impressive mental gymnastics to not think GT is associated in anyway with 4

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:08 pm

As far as Heroes is concerned, SSJ4 is tied both to GT as it is to the Time Patrol plotlines. That's why they make a distinction in the cards between GT Goku and Goku Xeno. Just like now there's Broly and Broly:BR.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:47 pm

Oh, I was not expecting that, Heroes will do a livestream for the Jump Festa event! I don't actually remember if they had made a livestream for Jump Festa before. Anyway, for them to have decided to do that, can only mean that there will be some stuff to be revealed for Heroes. Well, hopefully that will be something, because Heroes anniversary event was a letdown.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Grimlock wrote:Oh, I was not expecting that, Heroes will do a livestream for the Jump Festa event! I don't actually remember if they had made a livestream for Jump Festa before. Anyway, for them to have decided to do that, can only mean that there will be some stuff to be revealed for Heroes. Well, hopefully that will be something, because Heroes anniversary event was a letdown.
Pretty sure they've done one for the past couple years.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:45 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Oh, I was not expecting that, Heroes will do a livestream for the Jump Festa event! I don't actually remember if they had made a livestream for Jump Festa before. Anyway, for them to have decided to do that, can only mean that there will be some stuff to be revealed for Heroes. Well, hopefully that will be something, because Heroes anniversary event was a letdown.
Pretty sure they've done one for the past couple years.
hopefully its content for the new mission.

Part of me would like another Broly movie card set for his final form, Taro, Leek, Gogeta, God Vegeta etc.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:43 pm

https://imgur.com/gallery/LzsAfRq

The twins of universe 6 finally reveled, they remind me of baby

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 pm

So that's how Heroes managed to differentiate Dragon Ball Minus Goku (the one who got a card in JM6) from Dragon Ball Super Broly Goku. I actually found a video with both of them and they are a little different (design-wise). Kinda weird and unnecessary if the movie had followed what was already established (or vice-versa).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:13 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:https://imgur.com/gallery/LzsAfRq

Uh, you're right. They look a lot like Baby. U6 equivalent of Tsufurs maybe?

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:18 am

Damm, no kidding they REALLY look like Baby, which reminds me of all of the villians that have made their comeback so far, Baby is the only one nowhere to be seen, he should appear again to take over Xeno Vegeta's body as a SS4, the way it was meant to be!!!!

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:40 am

Anyone else think they look like Dante amd Virgil, from DMC?
Feels over Reals.