"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HECTOR4
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HECTOR4 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:02 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I think if the new Baby-esque characters were avatars, they wouldn't have appeared in the anime. Unless they're going to introduce them with the anime. But I highly doubt it
Camel appears in the manga, and he works like another character without any problem, and without any trace of any other avatar.

On the other hand, this guy no longer looks like Fuu as an adult to me, he looks like a space pirate, like Bojack. A space pirate from Universe 6?:

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:07 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I think if the new Baby-esque characters were avatars, they wouldn't have appeared in the anime. Unless they're going to introduce them with the anime. But I highly doubt it
V-Jump showed off their upcoming cards this month, which basically takes them out of the running for being avatars.

Also, reiterating here that Baby was a Machine Mutant—not a Tsufruian proper—but that doesn't mean that won't be ignored for these new characters.

And yeah, looks like the new guy is named "Hearts," though it's hard to say without knowing if there are other name puns around it.

Text below him: "The Prison Planet was only the beginning..."

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:18 am

Cipher wrote:
V-Jump showed off their upcoming cards this month, which basically takes them out of the running for being avatars.
Yes, this is true. I had not thought of it. OK, they aren't avatars.

More images of the duo:

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:36 am

Cipher wrote:And yeah, looks like the new guy is named "Hearts," though it's hard to say without knowing if there are other name puns around it.

Text below him: "The Prison Planet was only the beginning..."
Something tells me he might be from Universe 2, a name like Hearts would fit their whole beauty shtick and his visor looks like Rozie's. He could be a villain who tapped into Kamikaze Fireball powers.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:12 am

Mekichaboola and Towa new forms are totally Glam Rock inspired, I like it :D

As for Baby being a Machine Mutant... He's the one who created Machine Mutants dude. At best, he's a Tsufruian/Machine Mutant hybrid, or more probably a liquid metal cyborg infused with Tsufruian DNA. He still technically is the prince of the Tsufruians.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:31 am

DNA wrote:As for Baby being a Machine Mutant... He's the one who created Machine Mutants dude. At best, he's a Tsufruian/Machine Mutant hybrid, or more probably a liquid metal cyborg infused with Tsufruian DNA. He still technically is the prince of the Tsufruians.
Sure. It's just that the original anime trilogy was fairly consistent in presenting the idea that Tsufruians didn't actually look like Baby—his unique appearance was his and his alone as a sci-fi creation of theirs.

Not to say that Heroes won't simply attribute those aspects to real-deal Tsufruians moving forward. Just noting that if they do, it's a minor bit of revisionist history.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:24 am

DNA wrote:Mekichaboola and Towa new forms are totally Glam Rock inspired, I like it :D

As for Baby being a Machine Mutant... He's the one who created Machine Mutants dude. At best, he's a Tsufruian/Machine Mutant hybrid, or more probably a liquid metal cyborg infused with Tsufruian DNA. He still technically is the prince of the Tsufruians.
I know Baby was built by scientists toward the end of the saiyan-tuffle war. We see this in GT, and how he is a parastic lifeform made from the Tuffle king's genetic material. He has his liquid form and mechanical body parts, so I'm not sure if he's a prototype or the machine mutants are just lesser knock offs.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:35 am

Was Baby ever refered as a Machine Mutant?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:53 am

DNA wrote:Was Baby ever refered as a Machine Mutant?
I dont believe directly, but he has a number of properties in common with them: being mostly mechincal, sharing the eye crosshairs with Rildo, how he was created in the first place.

It would stand to reason if he's not truly a machine mutant (since they seem to vary from Giru like models all the way to Baby if we include him) then he is at least somewhat similar to one, though obviously more advanced.

I'm trying to catch where the dragonball wiki got the name for his species as 'Neo Machine Mutant' and finding nothing hahaha

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:03 am

I can't remember if Baby himself is ever directly referred to as a Machine Mutant in GT, but he does give Dr. Mu the plans to design the rest of them, and they all seem to share similar properties.

Regardless, the idea is that how Baby looks is not how--per the original run--the Tsufruians themselves looked.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:20 am

Cipher wrote: Regardless, the idea is that how Baby looks is not how--per the original run--the Tsufruians themselves looked.
Yep, Baby isn't a pure Tuffle.
Even in GT's retrospection they showed how real Tuffles looked like and they were the same as in Z.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I dont believe directly, but he has a number of properties in common with them: being mostly mechincal, sharing the eye crosshairs with Rildo, how he was created in the first place.

It would stand to reason if he's not truly a machine mutant (since they seem to vary from Giru like models all the way to Baby if we include him) then he is at least somewhat similar to one, though obviously more advanced.

I'm trying to catch where the dragonball wiki got the name for his species as 'Neo Machine Mutant' and finding nothing hahaha
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:23 am

Cipher wrote:I can't remember if Baby himself is ever directly referred to as a Machine Mutant in GT, but he does give Dr. Mu the plans to design the rest of them, and they all seem to share similar properties.

Regardless, the idea is that how Baby looks is not how--per the original run--the Tsufruians themselves looked.
this is most likely because he just contains DNA of the king not being a true tuffle himself

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:24 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Cipher wrote: Regardless, the idea is that how Baby looks is not how--per the original run--the Tsufruians themselves looked.
Yep, Baby isn't a pure Tuffle.
Even in GT's retrospection they showed how real Tuffles looked like and they were the same as in Z.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

thank you my mane man/mare

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:32 pm

Towa's new form looks so much better than her Demon God form

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Majin Demigra wrote:Towa's new form looks so much better than her Demon God form
if it werent for the silly open body window, Id love it.

Mechikabura;s, I like his old kai outfit but this one is nice. I hope his original look is a card at some point though

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:40 pm

It's so obvious Mechikabura is a Makaioshin at this point, everything points to it.

He's the king of the Dark Empire and strongest in the Demon Realm.

In Ultimate Mission X he was in the Heavenly Realm and a candidate for Kaioshin of Time.

He can make demons gods.

His younger self looks like a Kaioshin and his new form looks like a demonic Kaioshin.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:46 pm

Gotta say, this technique is used by Super Saiyan 2 Kafla in the anime and there is a golden lightning in there... Can it be!? Will Heroes finally give Kafla her Super Saiyan 2 form? The hair in this shot does seem kinda different but it can be the wind. At any rate, it would be nice if Heroes fixes her hair by changing it a bit (like they did for Gogeta's and Vegetto's hair).
If it turns out to be Super Saiyan 2, then it's only missing her base form, which hopefully Heroes doesn't take ages to add it.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Grimlock wrote:Gotta say, this technique is used by Super Saiyan 2 Kafla in the anime and there is a golden lightning in there... Can it be!? Will Heroes finally give Kafla her Super Saiyan 2 form? The hair in this shot does seem kinda different but it can be the wind. At any rate, it would be nice if Heroes fixes her hair by changing it a bit (like they did for Gogeta's and Vegetto's hair).
If it turns out to be Super Saiyan 2, then it's only missing her base form, which hopefully Heroes doesn't take ages to add it.
I'm happy this finally made it in

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Doesn't Caulifla only have her Super Saiyan 2 form? And Kale doesn't even have her Super Saiyan 2. Heroes is all over the place in regards to cards for Tournament of Power. Base Ganos but not his final form, Ribrianne with no transformations. No Super Saiyan 2 Cabba, no assault form Frost, no Hakaishin Toppo. But sure as fuck guaranteed we had that awesome Babarian card that everyone wanted.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:22 pm

Towa's outfit is fine to me, her hairstyle just sucks.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta