"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:02 am

Hey Julian, is there any chatter on the Japanese front about the Shiru character from the story mode or whatever? The guy who supposedly developed the avatars (according to the magazine scans).

Plot things are interesting...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:02 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:
  • Artificial Human Avatar (Berserker type): Isshin Chiba (千葉一伸), voice of[..]Jin Kazama in the Tekken game series.
Oh, cool. If I was to hear the voice of this character before finding out about this, I probably wouldn't recognize it as Jin from Tekken.
Now that I know it will probably be easier to recognize it as Jin's voice.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:58 pm

New background (may need to hard refresh):
Also, download is updated.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:55 pm

I wonder when they will give Super Buu his own card set? They can do so many forms for Super Buu with other characters.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ImmaDeker
Banned

Post by ImmaDeker » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:13 pm

I want Super Buu wearing Super Buu.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:35 pm

There are plenty of what-if's they can do with Buu.

Theres his Budokai 2 absorptions consisting of Vegeta, Cell, Freeza, and Tenshinhan and Yamcha.

Other possible what-if's could be absorbing Janemba, Broly, Bojack, Super 17, Bebi, Uub, and more.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:20 am

I don't think it will be impossible to reuse the old Super Buu fantasy forms from Budokai 2 in Heroes. There's new characters for Buu to absorb like KentalSSj6 said.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:20 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:New background (may need to hard refresh):
Also, download is updated.
Whoa whoa whoa... so that pic puts a ssj3 with pupils with a ssj3 without pupils. Wtf is it supposed to be; with or without?
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:47 am

For SS3, it almost always seems to be adults with pupils, kids with no pupils and Broli with his eyes rolled back into his head.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:43 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:For SS3, it almost always seems to be adults with pupils, kids with no pupils and Broli with his eyes rolled back into his head.
In the manga, both Goku & Gotenks have appeared with & without pupils. I also recall artwork of SS3 Vegeta both with & without pupils, and maybe for others like Trunks. So, it appears that SS3 should always have pupils, but they forget to add them.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:54 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:In the manga, both Goku & Gotenks have appeared with & without pupils. I also recall artwork of SS3 Vegeta both with & without pupils, and maybe for others like Trunks. So, it appears that SS3 should always have pupils, but they forget to add them.
I said "almost" always. I never said there weren't exceptions. Personally, I think the form should always have pupils, but that's not what we get in the franchise. The artists tend to give the kids (Gotenks, GT Goku, the Avatars) no pupils more often than not, while the adults traditionally do have them. Even the manga falls in line with this, as Gotenks had pupils like twice and Goku didn't have them for most of the final battle. So you can't really say they are supposed to, but they forget. We don't really know what is going on. Kinda in the same vein with Super Saiyan tails (though I think they have almost completely settled on brown as of late).

nicolas_3d
Beyond Newbie

Post by nicolas_3d » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm a very happy guy, i found myself a booster box + 2 Heroes Tournament limited edition binders!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:42 pm

SEC cards are on the website now. The new Piccolo that turns into a giant is a separate entry called Ma Junior.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:17 pm

I did note that on the last page when I posted the revealed SECs from the Youtube video. =P

I suppose that since Trunks from Xenoverse made it in, and now that Towa and Miira are confirmed, they will probably be incorporates as well. It'll be nice to see them alongside all the other Dragon Ball characters, and not just in the DBO context.

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:03 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I did note that on the last page when I posted the revealed SECs from the Youtube video. =P

I suppose that since Trunks from Xenoverse made it in, and now that Towa and Miira are confirmed, they will probably be incorporates as well. It'll be nice to see them alongside all the other Dragon Ball characters, and not just in the DBO context.
When were they confirmed?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:20 am

Just browse the Xenoverse topic. It's been the big news for the past 2 pages. :D

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:48 am

New mission involving the evil Doctors of Dragon Ball, and...multicolored Bio-men...

Also, a funny little art goof. This was obviously drawn to be base Gotenks, but the decided to make him Super Saiyan instead.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:50 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:For SS3, it almost always seems to be adults with pupils, kids with no pupils and Broli with his eyes rolled back into his head.
In the manga, both Goku & Gotenks have appeared with & without pupils. I also recall artwork of SS3 Vegeta both with & without pupils, and maybe for others like Trunks. So, it appears that SS3 should always have pupils, but they forget to add them.
Its probably just Toei's usual inconsistency, or an artistic preference on the kids not having them.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Kinda in the same vein with Super Saiyan tails (though I think they have almost completely settled on brown as of late).
That annoys me the most. It seems more illogical than anything else. Why wouldnt the tails glow as well?
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:26 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Hey Julian, is there any chatter on the Japanese front about the Shiru character from the story mode or whatever? The guy who supposedly developed the avatars (according to the magazine scans).

Plot things are interesting...
You'll have to point me towards these scans. I don't recall such a thing being mentioned in the comic, but my memory for Heroes things is poor (hence my list).
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:40 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:You'll have to point me towards these scans. I don't recall such a thing being mentioned in the comic, but my memory for Heroes things is poor (hence my list).
I haven't seen anything that looks like it could be related to that story portion of UM2 in Victory Mission. At least not yet.

Here is an English translation of the page, which is the only way it would have grabbed my attention since I can't read Japanese. Judging from the look of the page, it came from Weekly Jump. It was posted over in this thread on July 21st, so I'm assuming it was in one of the issues from around that week. This is all I have to go off of. I don't know if the character has been discussed elsewhere or not. :/