"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:37 am

So does this now confirm the super saiyan 4 look is more than coincidence?

wonder if Paragus will show anything. or King Vege- I mean masked king

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:28 pm

SDBH Chapter 7 - The fifth Demon God. A man they call Grim Reaper
[spoiler]*Time Kaioushin's Decision!

Time Kaioushin: Goku, Vegeeta, stay still for a litthe while.

Vegeeta: What are you gonna do, Kaioushin?

Time Kaioushin: I'm going to transfer the time of the injuries you received to myself!

Trunks: Do you mean you're receiving both of their damage!? If you do that, Kaioushin-sama, you will...!!

Time Kaioushin: There's no time to think about other options! I'm going to tell you what to do next so listen carefully. After I finish transfering their injuries, you, Trunks, will take me back to the Time Nest. Goku and Vegeeta, you will go together with that redhead in pursuit of Boo, who ran away, and head... to Hell.

----------

Hell

Towa: I'm sorry but I have no time to be concerned with the past you.

----------

Shroom: Is that him? The guy that absorbed Master Daabra?

Towa: No but he's also our target! To think we'd find it in this place...

Shroom: Target? ...Oh, that ball.

----------

Shroom: It's worth harvesting it, right? Come out, Grim Reaper soldier, and stop him in his tracks!

Grim Reaper Soldier: Yes!

----------

Shroom: Tsk... A Grim Reaper soldier is no match, is he? Whatever, a small fry like him works well enough!

----------

Grim Reaper Soldier: Shroom...-sa...ma...

Shroom: Reaped ones should shut up, shame on you.

----------

Shroom: Hyaahahha, this feels awesome! Chopping an obedient servant in two, that is!

Towa: Demon God Shroom aka "Grim Reaper". I wonder if having him, who is different from even the other Demon Gods, accompany me really was dangerous after all, even if it's to save Brother Daabra...

----------

Shroom: What? He wasn't dead...

Towa: Not only that, his battle power rose. Be careful, this is the power of the Dark Dragon Ball!

----------

Shroom: Like I care! I'll just chop it off and end this!!

----------

Towa: The Dark Dragon Ball!

----------

Chamel: We won't hand over that ball to you, Towa.

Shroom: Oh, he is... Chamel, why are you here!?

----------

Goku: Oh, you're called Chamel?

Chamel: My name isn't important.

Vegeeta: Wasn't this guy their ally?

Towa: I wonder, why are you with them?

Chamel: No reason... It just seems convenient. In order to dispose of you all.

----------

Towa: You all... So, you were planning to betray us, after all...

Shrrom: That's fine, there's no need to think about his reasons... I just have to cut them down right here, right?

Towa: Yes, that's right.

Chamel: You two, deal with the scythe guy!

Vegeeta: Don't boss us around!

----------

Chamel/Towa: The ball...!!

----------

Chamel: I forgot about him...

----------

Chamel: He absorbed again...!

----------

Chamel: He opened a hole in the space-time! He wants to run again!! Hey, you two, what are you doing!?

Goku: ...Sorry. My body has no strength.

Shroom: No wonder, I mowed them. Your souls.

----------

Shroom: Me, the Grim Reaper.

Chamel: Tsk... Shroom's ability to harvest a soul's energy?

Towa: I'll go after him!

Shroom: Ok, be my guest!

Chamel: Shit! Do something, you two!

Goku: Yeah... Sorry but can you gain us just 30 seconds? We need time to merge!

Vegeeta: Kakarrot! By merging you mean, Fusion!?

Goku: Yeah, there's no other way.

Chamel/Shroom: Merge?

Vegeeta: Are you kidding me? You mean I have to do that stupid pose again!?

Goku: That's the only way!

----------

Chamel: I don't care if you merge or whatever, just go after her! You useless bunch!!!

Vegeeta: Use...less, you say?

----------

Vegeeta: Let's do it!!! *Damn it*

Goku: Nice, let's go!

Goku/Vegeeta: Fuu... sion!

----------

Chamel/Shroom: They actually merged!?

Gogeeta: C'mon, fight with me, Grim Stinker!

----------

Time Kaioushin: Aa~ I slept really well!

Trunks: Good morning, Time Kaioushin-sama! How are you feeling?

Time Kaioushin: I'm feeling fine! I've even recovered the amount of magic I need right now.

Trunks: The amount you need right now...?

Time Kaioushin: I'm going to summon a new helper!

*A new helper...!?[/spoiler]

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:53 am

Thanks a lot! :D

And here we learn about a new ability Kaioshin of Time possesses and it's a intriguing one! Also, Vegeta says "again" about doing the fusion dance... That means only one thing: Both Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta come from a timeline where Movie 12 happened (and since Xeno Goku is able to transform into Super Saiyan 4, that means Movie 12 also fits with Dragon Ball GT timeline, besides Movie 5). Interesting!

So, Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta are not the ones from the main timeline (or even from a time before Dragon Ball Online/AGE 801). Unless, of course, Heroes decides to give Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to both of them eventually.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:01 am

sangofe wrote:For those that have read the manga... How is it? What does it feel like? How's the story telling, action, humor, execution and characters like? How does it feel vs other official DB Mangas (also fanmade ones).
It's a nice little read for the Super Dragon Ball Heroes "plot", it's serious when it needs to be but is generally light-hearted and comical.

The characters' art is a bit "weird", which is to say it doesn't resemble what we're used to see but are good enough and the battle effects are nice as well. From the top of my head, Cell X and chapter 7's auras are good examples.

The story is slowly building up, it's just 7/8 chapters in with a good amount of stuff already happening.
Grimlock wrote:Thanks a lot! :D

And here we learn about a new ability Kaioshin of Time possesses and it's a intriguing one! Also, Vegeta says "again" about doing the fusion dance... That means only one thing: Both Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta come from a timeline where Movie 12 happened (and since Xeno Goku is able to transform into Super Saiyan 4, that means Movie 12 also fits with Dragon Ball GT timeline, besides Movie 5). Interesting!

So, Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta are not the ones from the main timeline (or even from a time before Dragon Ball Online/AGE 801). Unless, of course, Heroes decides to give Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to both of them eventually.
Maybe that's why they had Towa refer to the Goku she killed in Hell as the "past you".

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:33 am

alakazam^ wrote:
sangofe wrote:For those that have read the manga... How is it? What does it feel like? How's the story telling, action, humor, execution and characters like? How does it feel vs other official DB Mangas (also fanmade ones).
It's a nice little read for the Super Dragon Ball Heroes "plot", it's serious when it needs to be but is generally light-hearted and comical.

The characters' art is a bit "weird", which is to say it doesn't resemble what we're used to see but are good enough and the battle effects are nice as well. From the top of my head, Cell X and chapter 7's auras are good examples.

The story is slowly building up, it's just 7/8 chapters in with a good amount of stuff already happening.
Grimlock wrote:Thanks a lot! :D

Maybe that's why they had Towa refer to the Goku she killed in Hell as the "past you".
So this could be good as an anime?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:08 am

sangofe wrote:So this could be good as an anime?
If you take bits and pieces from Online's story, Xenoverse 1 and 2, and all of Heroes including adaptations; yes, absolutely, you already have a long detailed story with around 3/4 arcs at this point.
I have no idea why this hasn't been adapted to a side story. I would gladly take a OVA at this point, having a 45 minute/1 hour episode every few months.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:59 am

alakazam^ wrote:SDBH Chapter 7 - The fifth Demon God. A man they call Grim Reaper
[spoiler]*Time Kaioushin's Decision!

Time Kaioushin: Goku, Vegeeta, stay still for a litthe while.

Vegeeta: What are you gonna do, Kaioushin?

Time Kaioushin: I'm going to transfer the time of the injuries you received to myself!

Trunks: Do you mean you're receiving both of their damage!? If you do that, Kaioushin-sama, you will...!!

Time Kaioushin: There's no time to think about other options! I'm going to tell you what to do next so listen carefully. After I finish transfering their injuries, you, Trunks, will take me back to the Time Nest. Goku and Vegeeta, you will go together with that redhead in pursuit of Boo, who ran away, and head... to Hell.

----------

Hell

Towa: I'm sorry but I have no time to be concerned with the past you.

----------

Shroom: Is that him? The guy that absorbed Master Daabra?

Towa: No but he's also our target! To think we'd find it in this place...

Shroom: Target? ...Oh, that ball.

----------

Shroom: It's worth harvesting it, right? Come out, Grim Reaper soldier, and stop him in his tracks!

Grim Reaper Soldier: Yes!

----------

Shroom: Tsk... A Grim Reaper soldier is no match, is he? Whatever, a small fry like him works well enough!

----------

Grim Reaper Soldier: Shroom...-sa...ma...

Shroom: Reaped ones should shut up, shame on you.

----------

Shroom: Hyaahahha, this feels awesome! Chopping an obedient servant in two, that is!

Towa: Demon God Shroom aka "Grim Reaper". I wonder if having him, who is different from even the other Demon Gods, accompany me really was dangerous after all, even if it's to save Brother Daabra...

----------

Shroom: What? He wasn't dead...

Towa: Not only that, his battle power rose. Be careful, this is the power of the Dark Dragon Ball!

----------

Shroom: Like I care! I'll just chop it off and end this!!

----------

Towa: The Dark Dragon Ball!

----------

Chamel: We won't hand over that ball to you, Towa.

Shroom: Oh, he is... Chamel, why are you here!?

----------

Goku: Oh, you're called Chamel?

Chamel: My name isn't important.

Vegeeta: Wasn't this guy their ally?

Towa: I wonder, why are you with them?

Chamel: No reason... It just seems convenient. In order to dispose of you all.

----------

Towa: You all... So, you were planning to betray us, after all...

Shrrom: That's fine, there's no need to think about his reasons... I just have to cut them down right here, right?

Towa: Yes, that's right.

Chamel: You two, deal with the scythe guy!

Vegeeta: Don't boss us around!

----------

Chamel/Towa: The ball...!!

----------

Chamel: I forgot about him...

----------

Chamel: He absorbed again...!

----------

Chamel: He opened a hole in the space-time! He wants to run again!! Hey, you two, what are you doing!?

Goku: ...Sorry. My body has no strength.

Shroom: No wonder, I mowed them. Your souls.

----------

Shroom: Me, the Grim Reaper.

Chamel: Tsk... Shroom's ability to harvest a soul's energy?

Towa: I'll go after him!

Shroom: Ok, be my guest!

Chamel: Shit! Do something, you two!

Goku: Yeah... Sorry but can you gain us just 30 seconds? We need time to merge!

Vegeeta: Kakarrot! By merging you mean, Fusion!?

Goku: Yeah, there's no other way.

Chamel/Shroom: Merge?

Vegeeta: Are you kidding me? You mean I have to do that stupid pose again!?

Goku: That's the only way!

----------

Chamel: I don't care if you merge or whatever, just go after her! You useless bunch!!!

Vegeeta: Use...less, you say?

----------

Vegeeta: Let's do it!!! *Damn it*

Goku: Nice, let's go!

Goku/Vegeeta: Fuu... sion!

----------

Chamel/Shroom: They actually merged!?

Gogeeta: C'mon, fight with me, Grim Stinker!

----------

Time Kaioushin: Aa~ I slept really well!

Trunks: Good morning, Time Kaioushin-sama! How are you feeling?

Time Kaioushin: I'm feeling fine! I've even recovered the amount of magic I need right now.

Trunks: The amount you need right now...?

Time Kaioushin: I'm going to summon a new helper!

*A new helper...!?[/spoiler]

Where'd you read this?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:33 pm

sangofe wrote:So this could be good as an anime?
Good? This could be excelent as an anime. We would get the chance of seeing more (and more elaborated) interactions that are only possible through those dialogues before the fight from the games. We would get to see characters getting character development and them having their chance to shine a little bit. I'd take an anime adaptation of Heroes and Xenoverse over those stupid Movie 15, the unnecessary retellings and tournaments after tournaments.

And Dragon Ball Online should be reintroduced as the true sequel of the Dragon Ball manga.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Grimlock wrote:And here we learn about a new ability Kaioshin of Time possesses and it's a intriguing one! Also, Vegeta says "again" about doing the fusion dance... That means only one thing: Both Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta come from a timeline where Movie 12 happened (and since Xeno Goku is able to transform into Super Saiyan 4, that means Movie 12 also fits with Dragon Ball GT timeline, besides Movie 5). Interesting!

It doesn't inherently mean anything about when/where they're from, only that they've done the Metamorean fusion before. Possibly even as their Xeno selves, rather than during a previous arc/movie's content. While Towa's line could support it being in a world with Movie 12, nothing outright says as much.

I'd actually argue it's pointless to use any such statements to try and determine their origins unless they are as blunt as possible. As we have multiple previous examples of characters like Trunks talking about other iterations of himself in various Xeno material with very little consistency on whether they are his past self, alternate world self, or even his current self...when that doesn't make any sense.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Grimlock wrote: That means only one thing: Both Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta come from a timeline where Movie 12 happened (and since Xeno Goku is able to transform into Super Saiyan 4, that means Movie 12 also fits with Dragon Ball GT timeline, besides Movie 5). Interesting!
You forget they did the FUsion in GT, too.

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:43 am

I think Dragon Ball Super is far too loosely based to assume any form of black-and-white timeline.

Also, I'm pretty sure that there's no involvement from Toriyama, only Toyotaro. I know that has some officially validity to it, but I think the Heroes story more involves unique spin-off instances of time that doesn't regard any real timelines from the series, be it DB, Z, GT, or movies.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:53 am

Wilderness wrote:I think Dragon Ball Super is far too loosely based to assume any form of black-and-white timeline.

Also, I'm pretty sure that there's no involvement from Toriyama, only Toyotaro. I know that has some officially validity to it, but I think the Heroes story more involves unique spin-off instances of time that doesn't regard any real timelines from the series, be it DB, Z, GT, or movies.
We know for a fact toriyama is involved with heroes and does do some designs, we don't know how involved but we do know he does designs for the game. Heroes now is pretty much expanding dragon ball onlines timeline with the elements from all of the dragon ball lore, also guys the new Jiren card looks lit. Hopefully we get Jiren in UMX I have a very strong feeling we will https://youtu.be/cStHm_Ur_OA

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:51 pm

really curious about the new paragus card and what he can do

will there be a mission after this one?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:22 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:really curious about the new paragus card and what he can do

will there be a mission after this one?
Yes, In those scans that showed the winged mira and the dark empire falling it says they're hoping for it to go up to SDBH10. Also the paragus card hasn't been revealed yet wait for the live stream we might see him then :thumbup:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:09 am

Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:21 am

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/9 ... 7399495681
Scans showing a bunch of the new cards.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:25 am

Mira Final Form looks kind of off to me. Maybe it's the style of his card's art? Also, here's to hope Heroes gives a proper name to the form (doubt it though).

Cool that they're allowing Dark Masked King to be playable with part of his mask broken... But I really want it to be completely removed by this mission.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:39 am

Kale and Caulifla teaser for the January issue (is that next month's?):
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/9 ... 7773693953

Aren't these two already in SDBH? They've appeared in the recent commercials.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:45 am

More Heroes
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/9 ... 6223572992
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/9 ... 9578194944
BlueBasilisk wrote:Kale and Caulifla teaser for the January issue (is that next month's?):
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/9 ... 7773693953

Aren't these two already in SDBH? They've appeared in the recent commercials.
Probably just new cards like Kale getting her slimmer Super Saiyan form.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:53 am

Grimlock wrote:Mira Final Form looks kind of off to me. Maybe it's the style of his card's art? Also, here's to hope Heroes gives a proper name to the form (doubt it though).

Cool that they're allowing Dark Masked King to be playable with part of his mask broken... But I really want it to be completely removed by this mission.

I believe he's been playable with part of his mask broken for a while now, or atleast has been in the game with his mask broken for a while and also same I really hope they remove it soon hopefully by atleast SDBH8