"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:34 pm

So Brianne is going to be more important than I thought I mean she is vegeta rival in a sense

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Draconic wrote:
Grimlock wrote:SDBH6 trailer!

Xeno Slug new form actually comes from Towa's magic, not from the Dark Dragon Ball as we assumed. And the confirmation that one of Xeno Gohanks fusee is Xeno Gohan, not Future Gohan. Which is interesting for present Gohan (it's the first time he fuses and is another cool what-if for the character) but at the same time it's sad that it's not Future Gohan. Poor guy doesn't get something new since forever ago.

All characters that appear in trailers are generally playable as far as I remember. So that means at least Toppo, Kale and Brianne is going to be playable by the next mission.
Official material showcasing Namekians with no dick!
SHOW US HOW YOU BREED

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:43 pm

They spit eggs out their mouth, just like King Piccolo did with his mutant offspring.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:49 pm

DNA wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
DNA wrote: Why not just say Toteppo? Jeez, damned dub names man. I've got enough of that from my own country's dubs.
Well I've only ever known him as Borgos, the official merchandise of him even calls him as such and he's known as such on the wiki, so I went with that.
I'm not going to fault you on anything but using the wiki as a valid argument. The wiki ignores estabilished canon and supersedes it with dub only information. There are pages upon pages of dub only information. Also, they have pages for every single "future" iteration of characters. It's just absolutely cluttered with useless information.
Even though future timeline versions arent the same?
Even though it acknowledges information as dub only in the pages you mention?
Even though the wiki cites it's sources from the source material with links to such?

Well ok then

at this point, Borgos I see used more than Topato and is generally what I see him referred to as the most. Would you prefer me to start calling Goku Zero for the Harmony Gold Dub viewers?

Borgos is as much his name as Topato, no need to get yourself in a twist. It's correct to call him either as it is for characters in universe to call Goku Kakarot at this point.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:51 pm

Grimlock wrote:Remember this poll we voted a while ago? Well, here are the results.

[spoiler]Image Image Image Image[/spoiler]

Time Breaker Bardock appears in the first place once again. What can we say? He's just the most popular character in Heroes, right? :) It's good to see that Dark Masked King managed to get the third place. I do hope this time this poll means new cards for them and not a re-release of old ones like the last time. Time Breaker Bardock doesn't get a card since GDM2 (not counting three or four cards out of the main set that he got since then).
I find it weird how popular tarble is like I'm shocked they didn't give him ssj already and good to see king vegeta at number 3 can't wait for him to get a new form in November

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:29 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote: I find it weird how popular tarble is like I'm shocked they didn't give him ssj already and good to see king vegeta at number 3 can't wait for him to get a new form in November
That's because Tarble has a very useful ability in-game, not just because they like his character or that he is strong.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: I find it weird how popular tarble is like I'm shocked they didn't give him ssj already and good to see king vegeta at number 3 can't wait for him to get a new form in November
That's because Tarble has a very useful ability in-game, not just because they like his character or that he is strong.
What's the ability

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:
What's the ability
Every time he is attacked, all his allies (your other characters, that is) get +2000 of strength or something like that.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:40 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Even though future timeline versions arent the same?
Even though the wiki cites it's sources from the source material with links to such?
Yes, all of that. None of it invalidates what I said. The wiki is filled with clutter, useless information and misinformation. There are tons of unneded pages. Does anyone really need a page for "Future" Babidi?
mahakaishin1991 wrote:at this point, Borgos I see used more than Topato and is generally what I see him referred to as the most. Would you prefer me to start calling Goku Zero for the Harmony Gold Dub viewers?

Borgos is as much his name as Topato, no need to get yourself in a twist. It's correct to call him either as it is for characters in universe to call Goku Kakarot at this point.
You say that, yet I rarely see anyone call him by "Borgos", hence why I didn't even knew who you were talking about. Totepo is his official name. His only name. I could call him Charlie, it wouldn't make it "as much is name as any". This is an international community forum, using the official names is the preffered method of communication, it avoids confusion since generally, everyone will know who you are talking about.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Sandubadear wrote: That's because Tarble has a very useful ability in-game, not just because they like his character or that he is strong.
What's the ability
Every time he is attacked, all his allies (your other characters, that is) get +2000 of strength or something like that.
Ok yeah that's pretty useful

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:08 am

DNA wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Even though future timeline versions arent the same?
Yes, all of that. None of it invalidates what I said. The wiki is filled with clutter, useless information and misinformation. There are tons of unneded pages. Does anyone really need a page for "Future" Babidi?
mahakaishin1991 wrote:at this point, Borgos I see used more than Topato and is generally what I see him referred to as the most. Would you prefer me to start calling Goku Zero for the Harmony Gold Dub viewers?

You say that, yet I rarely see anyone call him by "Borgos", hence why I didn't even knew who you were talking about. Totepo is his official name. His only name. I could call him Charlie, it wouldn't make it "as much is name as any". This is an international community forum, using the official names is the preffered method of communication, it avoids confusion since generally, everyone will know who you are talking about.
Well we're going to have to agree to disagree, but I dont see what the point of kicking off when I called him a name used for him in official media is an issue when a quick google search pulls him as Borgos as first result when Topato isnt even first page when I use it. That said, the wiki does include the other names so I dont see your issue.

I dont see how it doesnt invalidate your claims because it does address and use the canon as it's sources and if you can give me consistent examples of 'misinformation' I would love to hear more.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:10 am

Lord Frieza wrote:They spit eggs out their mouth, just like King Piccolo did with his mutant offspring.
Dragonball abridged reference

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:13 am

So is Kid Buu going to absorb Slug as well?

I wonder if we'll see Paragus transform to fight king vegeta

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Well we're going to have to agree to disagree, but I dont see what the point of kicking off when I called him a name used for him in official media is an issue when a quick google search pulls him as Borgos as first result when Topato isnt even first page when I use it. That said, the wiki does include the other names so I dont see your issue.

I dont see how it doesnt invalidate your claims because it does address and use the canon as it's sources and if you can give me consistent examples of 'misinformation' I would love to hear more.
Dub names aren't official names. This is not a matter of opinion. And yes, if you type in the wrong name, "Topato", it's only natural you aren't going to find anything. Being stubborn about using confusing dub names isn't going to help anyone, but to each is own.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:27 am

DNA wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Well we're going to have to agree to disagree, but I dont see what the point of kicking off when I called him a name used for him in official media is an issue when a quick google search pulls him as Borgos as first result when Topato isnt even first page when I use it. That said, the wiki does include the other names so I dont see your issue.

Dub names aren't official names. This is not a matter of opinion. And yes, if you type in the wrong name, "Topato", it's only natural you aren't going to find anything. Being stubborn about using confusing dub names isn't going to help anyone, but to each is own.
Well yeah but Borgos brings up more in google search, its the name I'm most familiar with and it's what I see used most widely, so i run with that.

It's as much an official name as his other baring in mind its also used in his merchandise, just like how Fasha is the name given for Selipa/Fasha in Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:15 pm

DNA wrote:

Dub names are official names. For the dub. Just because you don't like them, that doesn't mean it's not the official dub name.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
DNA wrote:

Dub names are official names. For the dub. Just because you don't like them, that doesn't mean it's not the official dub name.
This guy gets it

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:04 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Remember this poll we voted a while ago? Well, here are the results.

Time Breaker Bardock appears in the first place once again. What can we say? He's just the most popular character in Heroes, right? :) It's good to see that Dark Masked King managed to get the third place. I do hope this time this poll means new cards for them and not a re-release of old ones like the last time. Time Breaker Bardock doesn't get a card since GDM2 (not counting three or four cards out of the main set that he got since then).
I find it weird how popular tarble is like I'm shocked they didn't give him ssj already and good to see king vegeta at number 3 can't wait for him to get a new form in November
Honestly shocked Yamcha is #4, I thought Japan just thought of him as a joke.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:10 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:

Honestly shocked Yamcha is #4, I thought Japan just thought of him as a joke.
Yeah I thought that too

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Honestly shocked Yamcha is #4, I thought Japan just thought of him as a joke.
Probably a useful card. Still, they make merchandising of his death pose. Even if he's seen as a joke, it shows he has a big fanbase that likes the joke.