"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:12 am

It's "Instantaneous Movement Final Kamehameha", and the card just says Blue Kaioken, nothing about Ultra Instinct.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:06 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:I'd say they look like TOEI would let stereotypical DBZ fanboy redesign them for GT.
That wouldn't be a bad idea as a no name fan wouldn't cost that much to hire and pretty much anyone could do a better job than what we got.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:53 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Who cares about Pan, really. I bet she's not more popular than Videl for example.
Videl can't get new transformation. Also, Pan is actually quite popular and obviously more popular than Hatchiyack and most if not all of the evil dragons.
I didn't play DB Fusions so i don't know how big her role is compared to Kid Goku, Trunks and Goten, but she is the one in front of everyone on cover:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
She was also one of the characters that were used to advertise DB Legends, appearing in official teaser and public reveal.
They had 5 characters from early DBZ and Pan.
She was also pushed on DBS card game promotional images instead of GT Goku or Trunks.

So those games are totally NOT avoiding Pan.
Maybe they just want to keep her without SSJ since it kind of makes her unique character compared to Goten and Trunks.
Although she could get Ultimate or something at least.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:12 am

More news on the dragon tour heroes machine!! https://www.db-tour.com/brands/sdbh.php

I am really hyped because this truly does seem to be their way of testing it in America, I’m just worried that if it does well they’ll only give NA UMX and not the arcade game, which is supported by that they’re using the old arcade machine with only 5 cards yet the test battle will be a TOP fight vs U6 (also at the bottom of the page it says they haven’t confirmed if they’ll be releasing it in America so this really is the test)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:06 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler][spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Huh, he still has pupils.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Huh, he still has pupils.
Kanba still retaining his pupils might mean he is using a variant of the Super Saiyan form.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Kanba still retaining his pupils might mean he is using a variant of the Super Saiyan form.
I don't think that minor detail is enough for us to call it "variant of Super Saiyan". Well, we shall see it if it is the case when we get to look at the back of the card. Kafla's Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 are just called "Super Saiyan" and "Super Saiyan 2" respectively, and they are (unfortunately) green.

Anyway, gentlemen... It seems it was not a mistake from the responsible to upload Heroes' website and that "Potential Unleashed" under Xeno Goten's name is indeed to be right there. I remembered that we can already see the supposed Ultimate Xeno Goten through the UM3 PV trailer, so I compared him with the regular Xeno Goten using a exact same shot and there is indeed a difference in the eyes (but that's just it, the hair is still the same). Can it be!? Has Goten finally got his first what-if transformation!? :o

I still want further evidences, so hopefully they address it during the dialogues (that icon showing the faces of the characters on the left of the screen, as you can see it in the image below, is also a good way to compare), but even if there aren't any dialogues and that icon shows no difference... I'm more than willing to accept that Xeno Goten has the Ultimate form.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:48 pm

Grimlock wrote:Vegetto's card leaked earlier than the others. Or I simply can't find them. Anyways, can someone translate the name of his technique?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Name: Vegetto
Form: Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaiohken
Attack: Instant Transmission Final Kamehame Ha
Ability: Vegetto Blue's Kaiohken
also found an image of the back:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Name: Android 21
Form: Transformed - Evil
Attack: Hungry Time
Ability: Unleashed Predatory Urge
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
also found an image of the back:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Name: Cumber
Form: Super Saiyan (ye olde, regular Super Saiyan)
Attack: Savage Tyrant
Ability: Ancient Evil Saiyan

edit: [url=https://dbh日和.xyz/uvm3-ur1/]this site[/url], which I have no reason to doubt, states Goten:Xeno's Ability is "Brothers' Potential Liberated" same as Gohan:Xeno whose Form is "Potential Liberated"(Ultimate) as well. Which confirms that, yeah, that's Ultimate Goten:Xeno.
Last edited by ankokudaishogun on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:49 pm

What if Cumber is actually Shallot being put to the same Captain America experience, but failed?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Heroes finally gave my boy Goten something!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:32 pm

GmGoken would be happy too, I think. :) I'd like to know his opinion on this, too bad he just vanished.

One indication that we might have a dialogue about Xeno Goten getting Ultimate is that Old Kaioshin appears during those dialogues scenes (he is seen in the PV trailer). Can't wait for tomorrow! :D

~ Day of the Machines ~

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:13 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:What if Cumber is actually Shallot being put to the same Captain America experience, but failed?
Wrong build, hair, voice actor, and nothing in common with abilities tells me he's not.

And tbh Kamba is unlikely to be the same person just so they can hype up shallot later like they did 21. The ancient saiyan thing seems to link them though

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Since Xeno Trunks as of now only gets to SS3 does that mean Goten being Ultimate makes him the stronger of the two?? because that doesn't seem possible.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:43 pm

Alright time for UM3 set review! We got a new CAA introduced in this set called “超時空斬り” which I’ll translate as “Super Space-time Slice.” This ability essentially is the same as the old Space-time Summon ability except it does not require you to have your avatar present on the team. When this CAA activates, Fu will appear, slice through the fabric of time and space and summon an ally specified on the card. Gameplay-wise, doesn’t seem like anything special but definitely cool thematically.

UM3-025 Goku: Xeno (SSJ)
HR Type
HP: 2900
Power: 4200
Guard: 2000

Card Action Ability: Ultimate Spirit Bomb CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round while in the attack position. Upon great success, revert all enemy damage multiplicative abilities back to their original amounts.

Passive: Counterattack Signal - At the end of the round Goku was in the attack position, if your HP is lower than the enemy’s, restore the Ki of all allies and gain 1 Hero Energy.

Super Attack: Super Dragon Flash Fist, costs 6 energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect: When Gohan: Xeno and Goten: Xeno are also present on the team, UEE activates. Recover 2,000 HP and permanently increase Power of all allies by 2,000. Costs 4 energy.

This unit isn’t all that interesting except he could be used as a semi-support unit given his ability to act as a Ki battery for your other units. The only thing you need to make sure of is to keep your HP below your enemy’s, except this doesn’t make much sense given that this will never be the case with this much Ki going around.

7/10

UM3-026 Gohan: Xeno
EL Type
HP: 3300
Power: 4200
Guard: 3100

CAA: Double CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round. Upon super double effect activation, Gohan as well as his partner permanently double their Guard.

Passive: Sibling Hidden Potential Unlocked - At the start of the battle, become immune to stuns and if Goten: Xeno is present on the team, permanently gain 3x battle power depending on Ki consumption.

SA: Fierce Demon Flash Breaker, costs 4 energy.

UEE: If Goku: Xeno and Goten: Xeno are present on the team, UEE activates. Permanently increase Power of all allies by the amount of damage sustained up until the activation of this effect. Costs 3 energy.

Has a really nice Guard stat plus the 2x multiplier coming from his CAA so he can definitely act as a viable tank from round 2 forward. Also has great synergy with Goten: Xeno, which could definitely be a viable option going forward for some teams. Has a nice UEE effect that is actually plausible to achieve.

8/10

UM3-027 Goten: Xeno
BS Type
HP: 2700
Power: 5500
Guard: 1000

CAA: Triple CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round. Upon super triple effect activation, permanently increase the CI speed of the attacked enemy by a super amount and decrease their Power by 5,000.

Passive: Sibling Hidden Potential Unlocked - At the start of battle become immune to stuns and if Gohan: Xeno is present on the team, permanently increase own Power and Guard by 8,000.

SA: Dragon Claw Dance, costs 6 energy.

UEE: If Gohan: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno are present on the team, UEE activates. Reduce the Power and Guard of all enemies to their original amounts. Costs 2 energy.

While similar to the above Gohan: Xeno in many ways, I feel that this guy compliments Gohan in that he can act as a tank during the first round due to him gaining 8,000 Guard from his passive ability. While not the craziest duo in the world, I can definitely see them filling up 2 slots on a team very nicely.

8/10

UM3-028 Vegeta: Xeno (SSJ)
EL Type
HP: 3000
Power: 4100
Guard: 1500

CAA: Super Space-time Slice CAA that activates on or after round 2. Fu will summon Goku: Xeno (SSJ) who will perform a Super Dragon Flash Fist Attack and deal major damage to the enemy. Also upon success of tearing up space-time, depending on the amount of Ki consumed by the enemy, permanently reduce the amount of Battle Power able to be generated by the enemy.

Passive: The Counterattack Prince - At the end of a battle power phase where Vegeta was in the attack position and the enemy team’s attack position units total Power is higher than that of your team’s attack position units, your team takes half damage for that round only.

SA: Atomic Flash, costs 6 energy.

After first looking at this unit’s passive ability you might think that it’s not very likely for something for that to happen. But this actually happens quite often and it is possible to manipulate an effect like this by simply putting Vegeta out there by himself. That way, the effect is almost guaranteed to activate and even though Vegeta only has 1500 Guard, taking half damage is a big deal. Other than that, nothing too impressive.

7/10

UM3-036 Roberu (or Robel)
EL Type
HP: 3200
Power: 2700
Guard: 2800

CAA: Lockon CAA that activates when Roberu is able to activate her SA, which reduces the Guard of the selected enemy to 1 for that round. Also, if the selected enemy’s Power is higher than Roberu’s, reduce the amount of damage mitigating effects of that enemy by 50% for that round.

Passive: Demigra’s Secretary - During the tactics selection phase, for the current round only, increase power of all allies by (number of enemies in the attack position x 2,000). If Demon God Demigra is present on the team, this effect increases.

SA: Elegance Bolt, costs 5 energy.

I think the average amount of units in the attack position is either 4 or 5 so that would mean that the average amount of Power this unit is giving your entire team every turn is ~9,000 per unit plus the additional amount you would get from running Demigra (which I’ll get to in more detail below). In addition to that, the lockon CAA is great and allows Roberu to basically nullify any team that is based around running a single attacker. There are many different ways this unit could be run and that flexibility will allow her to fit on many teams.

8.5/10

UM3-037 Demon God Demigra
BS Type
HP: 2800
Power: 6200

CAA: God Meteor CAA that activates at the end of the attack phase when Demigra is in the attack position. Also, on the turn after activation, decrease the damage scale factor of all enemy supporters by (amount of enemies in the support area x 10%).

Passive: Stored Demonic Power - If Demigra is designated to the support area during the tactics selection phase, increase a random attack position ally’s Power to be equal to that of the highest attack position ally for 1 turn.

SA: Lightning Distortion, costs 7 energy.

I absolutely love this unit. Not only do I love this Demigra because he’s a support unit and we need more of those, but because his passive ability is easily controlled to be one of the most powerful effects in the game. What if you have 1 unit with an already outrageous Power stat and a second ally with a low one, but the second ally has a multiplier on damage done? Not to mention the synergy between this unit and the new Roberu card. Really excited to see what kind of combos people come up with with this card.

9/10

UM3-038 Goku (SSJB)
BS Type
HP: 2400
Power: 7900

CAA: Fusion CAA that activates on or after the 2nd turn while Vegeta (SSJB) is present on the team. While fused, both increase Battle Power by 2x and recover Ki every turn. Also, permanently increase damage dealt by 1.5x and ignore Guard and any other damage mitigating effects while attacking.

Passive: Burning Fighting Spirit for Strong Enemies - For the 1st round only, negate any enemy abilities and battle power effects that increase Hero Energy.

SA: God Kamehameha, costs 7 energy.

Pretty much a counter to rush-down teams that has no real practical use in any real team unless you REALLY center your team around fusing and then supporting Vegito Blue. Other than that I don’t really see anything special in this card.

6/10

UM3-059 Kanba (or Cumber)
HR Type
HP: 2200
Power: 7500

CAA: Counter Rush CAA that activates when in the attack position and HP is below 50%. Upon perfect rush success, permanently halve the attacking enemy’s Guard.

Passive: Seal-destroying Saiyan - Lose the ability to participate in coordinated attacks but become immune to stuns. Also, while being the only unit in the attack position during the tactics selection phase, halve the Ki of all enemies and reduce the Hero Energy of the enemy team by 3.

SA: Disaster Eraser, costs 7 energy.

This guy has the potential to be nuts. First of all, he has arguably the best CAA in the game with a base Power stat higher than 90% of the game. In addition to that, he comes with the standard immune to stuns Broly-esque passive and then has the potential to halve the Ki of ALL allies and reduce enemy hero energy by THREE??? That is actually insane to me. This guy can be used to a) stall out the game or b) have a bunch of supporters funneling him stat boosts and Ki to single handedly destroy your opponent. I’m sure there are a lot of things I’m not thinking of too.

9/10

UM3-069 Android 21 (Majin)
HR Type
HP: 3000
Power: 5500

CAA: Draw CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round. Upon successfully following the motion on the screen, deal additional damage on top of stealing HP.

Passive: Wonderful Sweets Time - After a Battle Power phase where Android 21 was in the attack position, depending on the amount of enemies in the attack position, recover own Ki and health.

SA: Photon Wave, costs 5 energy.

Pretty unimpressed with this 21. I expected her to be at least decent given the amount of hype she’s been given over the past few months in heroes. Ultimately she specializes in healing and sustaining her Ki but does not really seem to be too great in either doing or taking damage. Therefore, I don’t really see any way in which this card could fit on any cohesive team because she doesn’t benefit any other unit except herself, and only with Ki.

7/10

UM3-SEC Vegito (SSJB Kaioken)
HR Type
HP: 2500
Power: 8100

CAA: Ultimate Dragon Fist CAA that activates on or after the 2nd turn. Upon full charge success, permanently increase damage dealt by 1.5x

Passive: Vegito Blue’s Kaioken - When winning a charge impact, if Hero Energy is lower than the enemy’s, increase damage dealt by (the difference in Hero Energy x 1,000).

SA: Instant Transmission Kamehameha, costs 8 energy.

This is an interesting card because he actually benefits more the less Hero Energy your team has, which is essentially contradictory to the fundamental mechanics of the game. Another way to look at this card is as a direct counter to cards that attempt to decrease the amount of Hero Energy amassed by the enemy team. In that regard, this card is insanely strong. On the other hand, his SA takes 8 energy to actually launch will which ultimately render his passive ability not very useful. So it’s pretty hard for me to evaluate this card without seeing the types of teams that he might be included on but I think this card is excellent but extremely meta dependent.

9/10

UM3-SEC3 Android 21 (Evil)
BS Type
HP: 2800
Attack: 6500

CAA: Ultimate Burst CAA that activates when 21 launches her SA. Upon super burst max activation, permanently steal 5,000 Guard from the attacked enemy.

Passive: Released Predatory Impulse - At the end of the Battle Power phase, for that turn only, restore Ki and increase damage done the more Hero Energy the enemy team has.

SA: Hungry Time, costs 4 energy.

I think by far the most impressive part about this card is the CAA secondary ability that allows 21 to steal an enemy’s Guard stat. If I’m not mistaken, this is the first time we have ever seen the ability to steal an enemy’s Guard stat, which can effectively completely flip the tide of battle in your favor since the Guard stat is arguably the most important stat in the game. Not only is this extremely powerful if pulled off once, but the Ultimate Burst CAA is not only limited to 1 use per battle, you can use it whenever your SA is launched, which means that 21 can activate this ability, at most, once per turn. If left unchecked, this would begin to get ridiculous after he second usage and make 21 an insane tank. So while people may look at this card’s passive ability and feel that she might be slightly underwhelming, I completely disagree solely based on the power of her CAA.

9/10

UM3-SEC2 Kanba (or Cumber) (SSJ)
EL Type
HP: 1800
Power: 8300
Guard: 1500

CAA: Super Energy CAA that activates on or after the 2nd turn. Upon great success, permanently halve the enemy’s Guard and decrease enemy Hero Energy by 2.

Passive: Ancient Saiyan of Evil - Lose the ability to participate in coordinated attacks but become immune to stuns. Also, if Kanba attacks an enemy whose coordinated attack group contains 3 or more units and he wins his CI, permanently reduce the Power and Guard of all members of that coordinated attack group to 1.

SA: Savage Tyrant, costs 8 energy.

This guy’s Passive is simply unreal. Permanently reducing the Power and Guard of any enemy to 1 is insane enough, but applying the same effect to everyone in the coordinated attack group has the potential to be devastating. The only problem I can see that could arise from this passive ability is that the enemy is smart enough to realize how powerful this effect is, and has to reorganize his units so as to not put 3 or more units of the same type in the attack position to avoid the possibility of this monstrous ability activating. But even doing that will have to alter your opponent’s game plan, resulting in a net positive for your team without even having to do anything. Ultimately an insane card with never-before-seen ability type.

9.5/10

Overall, UM3 looks incredibly promising and there are many different cards that have unique abilities that are completely new to the game. From the ability to steal Guard to neutralizing coordinated attacks, there are so many things that the development team can continue to do with this game to make it more interesting, which could result in endless gameplay possibilities. Lookin forward to what they do in UM4.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Oh, they also merged God Final Flash and God Kamehameha! Seems to be called "God Final Kamehameha". Liked it! :thumbup:

~ Day of the Machines ~

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:47 am

Correction to my post - Vegito SSJBKK’s SA is Instant Transmission Final Kamehameha. Too many drinks tonight.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:18 am

Looks like theories that Cumber is an ancient Saiyan ended up being true.

Wonder what this means for Shallot in Legends.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:46 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:Looks like theories that Cumber is an ancient Saiyan ended up being true.

Wonder what this means for Shallot in Legends.
I think theire just capitalizing on the idea in both cases, though he might tie into Shallots lore further down the line in legends