"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:58 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I just realized that Completed UI is STILL using regular base hair, just like Omen.
Come on, they are using the Yamamuro design for all of the art and they even made the proper hair for a single "CG" clip that was using the in game models, but they can't put that in the actual game???
Except its not exactly the base hair.
They are literally using the base hair.
I'm talking about the in-game model.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Draconic wrote:With Blue no longer the strongest current form do you think they will/should start giving it to other characters? I mean, there's still quite a few ones I hope get Super Saiyan 4 first, mainly Vegetto, Future Trunks and Gotenks, but it's not like they can't start alternating them.

Also, speaking of new Super Saiyan Blue characters, with he new Blue Goku having a combination of his classic outfit and the RoF Gi, I hope the eventual new Vegeta is a combo of his RoF and Buu costumes. Basically removing the armor. I think his grey under clothes are different enough from the blue ones to make for a fun outfit.
I'd guess it will start happening soon, especially since Super characters are finally involved with Heroes' original story.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:18 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I just realized that Completed UI is STILL using regular base hair, just like Omen.
Come on, they are using the Yamamuro design for all of the art and they even made the proper hair for a single "CG" clip that was using the in game models, but they can't put that in the actual game???
Apparently, Vegeta's new transformation was shown in a new card for the character in the UM1 teaser.

I think it's strange that in these images Vegeta is still only in SSB.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:20 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Maybe they're following Toriyama's design?

The whole flowing hair thing seems to be a thing Yamamuro made up to differentiate it.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:40 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Maybe they're following Toriyama's design?

The whole flowing hair thing seems to be a thing Yamamuro made up to differentiate it.
Literally everything uses the Yamamuro version, including the Heroes artwork. Hell, they even made UI Goku shirtless in Heroes from the beginning, something that is part of the Yamamuro design, not the Toriyama one. They even made the right hair style for one of the "CG" trailers that use the in-game models, so there is no excuse for this.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:50 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Literally everything uses the Yamamuro version, including the Heroes artwork. Hell, they even made UI Goku shirtless in Heroes from the beginning, something that is part of the Yamamuro design, not the Toriyama one. They even made the right hair style for one of the "CG" trailers that use the in-game models, so there is no excuse for this.
This isn't really surprising at all. There are plenty of disconnects between card art and game models. Numerous cards depict characters with outfits that aren't actually playable in-game, various Super Saiyan characters (usually SS3) have either a different number or design to the bangs, characters like Hatchihyack and Raichi exclusively use art with the remake designs but have game models based off the original, etc.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:48 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
for the game, yeah, I thought you were talking in general sorry

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:12 am

Just a thought on the dark evolutions from the last mission series. Its caused by adding demon god power to a targets kiri. Given this, would it be reasonable to speculate that it effectively grants a form of god ki to the user?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Just a thought on the dark evolutions from the last mission series. Its caused by adding demon god power to a targets kiri. Given this, would it be reasonable to speculate that it effectively grants a form of god ki to the user?
Yes, Makai ki is very real. I’m not sure if it is a type of god ki but it does exist, I would assume it is though because “demon god” is in the name. Also it seems a lot of the speculation about King Vegeta xeno being a demon god is most likely true, my friend from japan Akihiko showed me something interesting. The SH7 UR dark masked king card has a CAA that can only be used by demon gods or actual deities(the user has to be an actual deitie so goku and vegeta don’t have it) the caa is “ ドロー “ look it up on the site only actual gods have it you won’t find any one else but actual gods who have it. So I believe mechikabura used his powers on King Vegeta to make him a demon god. So for the people out there who say the caa don’t matter well they do because Bandai has only been giving this caa to actual dietes not just people with god ki

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:56 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Just a thought on the dark evolutions from the last mission series. Its caused by adding demon god power to a targets kiri. Given this, would it be reasonable to speculate that it effectively grants a form of god ki to the user?
Yes, Makai ki is very real. I’m not sure if it is a type of god ki but it does exist, I would assume it is though because “demon god” is in the name. Also it seems a lot of the speculation about King Vegeta xeno being a demon god is most likely true, my friend from japan Akihiko showed me something interesting. The SH7 UR dark masked king card has a CAA that can only be used by demon gods or actual deities(the user has to be an actual deitie so goku and vegeta don’t have it) the caa is “ ドロー “ look it up on the site only actual gods have it you won’t find any one else but actual gods who have it. So I believe mechikabura used his powers on King Vegeta to make him a demon god. So for the people out there who say the caa don’t matter well they do because Bandai has only been giving this caa to actual dietes not just people with god ki
So its a sort of super saiyan demon god? neato

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:27 am

I don’t know if I can buy into that 100% based on that assertion alone. It only makes sense if King Vegeta is a Demon God, but it’s also a circular logic fallacy when it’s also supposed to serve as your only real “proof” he is one.

Though they have and continue to give CAAs to characters that don't always make sense. Even now with Universe Mission 1, they’re giving the Dragon Fist CCA to Goku, Vegetto, Gogeta and Mira...who all have an okay reason for having it, but also Gohan (Cell Games), Trunks: Future and Gotenks...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:32 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I don’t know if I can buy into that 100% based on that assertion alone. It only makes sense if King Vegeta is a Demon God, but it’s also a circular logic fallacy when it’s also supposed to serve as your only real “proof” he is one.

Though they have and continue to give CAAs to characters that don't always make sense. Even now with Universe Mission 1, they’re giving the Dragon Fist CCA to Goku, Vegetto, Gogeta and Mira...who all have an okay reason for having it, but also Gohan (Cell Games), Trunks: Future and Gotenks...
Yeah that’s why I said most likely because I understand that it could honestly be nothing, but still a potentially cool little hint he is one :)

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:18 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I don’t know if I can buy into that 100% based on that assertion alone. It only makes sense if King Vegeta is a Demon God, but it’s also a circular logic fallacy when it’s also supposed to serve as your only real “proof” he is one.

To be honest him having a demon god only ability at least lends credibility but isnt entirely proof on its own. And the in game lore indicates as much as well with what causes dark evolutions in the first place: demon god power being added to a soul.

That's not to shout 'demon saiyan god' confirmed, but its an interesting overlap that someone touched with a type of god power (demon in this case) shares a trait associated with the usual super saiyan god.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:12 pm

Something new coming to heroes which seems to let you use little statues as cards! https://imgur.com/gallery/L88jz

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:22 pm

The cards supposedly work with NFC technology. So now Heroes is taking the next step and introducing their own line of NFC figures. Our wallets are doomed.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:59 pm

DNA wrote:The cards supposedly work with NFC technology. So now Heroes is taking the next step and introducing their own line of NFC figures. Our wallets are doomed.
Isn't Xenoverse getting the same thing for the HC? Surprised it took Heroes THIS long.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:11 pm

Still no trailer showing M.UI Goku?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:18 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Still no trailer showing M.UI Goku?
We should be getting one on February 26th.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:50 am

I don't know why I still bother looking at the cardlist, it's always the same cards. Heroes' new tendency is to keep Caulifla as Super Saiyan 2 and only Dende knows how long it'll take to give Super Saiyan 2 to Cabba and Kafla.

That Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta card is not on the list though, which might means that it is indeed a card related to the new power-up he got in the anime version. I'm willing to bet Fu is one of the SECs.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~