"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:41 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:A lot of new universe mission stuff from the latest V-Jump :clap: https://imgur.com/gallery/8zu04
The blue-haired Trunks is Trunks: Future.

The Zen'ou thingie is a drone called Zen'ou Ball (Zen'oudama) and it levels up anytime Zen'ou is happy with your fight. It then gives some in-battle effects.

The point of this arc is to escape the prison and one of the battles is on Planet Babari. The big chain is binding several planets together, "Are its inhabitants prisoners?". The chain has a huge lock, "is there a key?". Oh, what a surprise, Fuu (pronounced Fyuu) is concerned in all of this.
Wait a sec. In this scan that talks about Fuu and even in XV2 they keep saying that Fuu is the “key”.

What if the Fuu is literally the “key” to freeing the locked of planets? It would be cool if Fuu got redeemed after his whole villainy arc is over.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:32 am

One of the planets looks like Earth (not the actual DB Earth, but they don't always use that as representation)...

Eh. I think I'd be more excited about a story with an actual, previously existing prison planet than I am about the potential of a bunch of regular planets being imprisoned together with a giant, magical chain. The latter alone wouldn't really explain why Trunks is in prison garb though, so maybe it's a mixture of the two ideas? Guess we'll see, but whatever level of hype I had (it wasn't that much to be honest) is down a bit now.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:57 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:One of the planets looks like Earth (not the actual DB Earth, but they don't always use that as representation)...

Eh. I think I'd be more excited about a story with an actual, previously existing prison planet than I am about the potential of a bunch of regular planets being imprisoned together with a giant, magical chain. The latter alone wouldn't really explain why Trunks is in prison garb though, so maybe it's a mixture of the two ideas? Guess we'll see, but whatever level of hype I had (it wasn't that much to be honest) is down a bit now.
So if Trunks is not in jail because of him breaking the laws of time, why is he there and why didn’t he try to break out? Also, what does Fu have to do with this and does his plan correspond with what will happen in XV2?

Also, i heard that at the end of chapter 10 of the Dark Demon Realm Manga, Chronoa told the crew to go find the King of Time. Is that true?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:17 am

We won't know anything of the details till later when the content is out.

The Time King was a mistranslation; presumably one of the various bubbles discussing trying to save the Time Kaioshin after her sacrifice to contain Mechickaboola.

Also to note, the 10th chapter of the Dark Demon Realm Mission manga is technically the last...In some sense of the word... The the chapter itself is said to be the end of "Part 1", however the table of contents lists it as the "Final Chapter" with no further context given. So we're looking at a couple of options with it either being over for good, going on hiatus, being replaced with a sequel immediately or after a hiatus, or continuing on like nothing changed (possibly with a rebranding mixed in there somewhere).

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:07 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Wait a sec. In this scan that talks about Fuu and even in XV2 they keep saying that Fuu is the “key”.

What if the Fuu is literally the “key” to freeing the locked of planets? It would be cool if Fuu got redeemed after his whole villainy arc is over.
They do call him the "key person" and that "this mysterious young man seems to be deeply involved in this, but to what extent?" but it seems a bit obvious that he's the one that bound the planets together and that's his involvement but we'll see.

By the way, do we know the pun of his name? It didn't strike me at first but I think it might be Fu(ture), going by the katakana and his DBO parents.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 am

alakazam^ wrote:By the way, do we know the pun of his name? It didn't strike me at first but I think it might be Fu(ture), going by the katakana and his DBO parents.
I doubt we'll get an actual answer, but "future" is the conclusion Herms and I came to even back when he revealed Fu's existence to us an all we had for his name was the Mandarin spelling.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:46 am

I just realized that Completed UI is STILL using regular base hair, just like Omen.
Come on, they are using the Yamamuro design for all of the art and they even made the proper hair for a single "CG" clip that was using the in game models, but they can't put that in the actual game???

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:34 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:A lot of new universe mission stuff from the latest V-Jump :clap: https://imgur.com/gallery/8zu04
The blue-haired Trunks is Trunks: Future.

The Zen'ou thingie is a drone called Zen'ou Ball (Zen'oudama) and it levels up anytime Zen'ou is happy with your fight. It then gives some in-battle effects.

The point of this arc is to escape the prison and one of the battles is on Planet Babari. The big chain is binding several planets together, "Are its inhabitants prisoners?". The chain has a huge lock, "is there a key?". Oh, what a surprise, Fuu (pronounced Fyuu) is concerned in all of this.
Wait a sec. In this scan that talks about Fuu and even in XV2 they keep saying that Fuu is the “key”.

I dont think its meant in that context, more hes intergral to the events of Xenoverse 2's plot, hes central to it after all

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:35 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:One of the planets looks like Earth (not the actual DB Earth, but they don't always use that as representation)...

So if Trunks is not in jail because of him breaking the laws of time, why is he there and why didn’t he try to break out? Also, what does Fu have to do with this and does his plan correspond with what will happen in XV2?

Also, i heard that at the end of chapter 10 of the Dark Demon Realm Manga, Chronoa told the crew to go find the King of Time. Is that true?
My bad, the king of time was a translation error on my part. My Japanese is not perfect by any means but it is still okay usually.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:53 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I just realized that Completed UI is STILL using regular base hair, just like Omen.
Come on, they are using the Yamamuro design for all of the art and they even made the proper hair for a single "CG" clip that was using the in game models, but they can't put that in the actual game???
I dunno. I kinda like the Toriyama base-hair design.

It'd be kinda nice if they were used interchangably. UI's anime hair is just the base hair but floating upwards a bit anyways.

Also, guess we can see what a SSGSS/Golden Cell would look like.

Other ones are on the SBDH site. I gotta say, I really don't like how the SSGSS forms don't have Super Saiyan hair.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:12 pm

Yeah, it's nice that Heroes colored that Cell-like avatar red in the God Class-up (obviously doing a reference to Super Saiyan God, since the transformation for the Saiyans was that one), and now that the Saiyans avatars are getting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, Heroes colored him as blue.

I also like that the Namekuseijins are getting a blue-eyed form. If only Dragon Ball Online had the chance to present and explore the red-eyed form so that we could have more to think about when it comes to this new blue-eyed form... :(

By the way, was it revealed the name of the Class-up for the avatars?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Grimlock wrote:Yeah, it's nice that Heroes colored that Cell-like avatar red in the God Class-up (obviously doing a reference to Super Saiyan God, since the transformation for the Saiyans was that one), and now that the Saiyans avatars are getting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, Heroes colored him as blue.

I also like that the Namekuseijins are getting a blue-eyed form. If only Dragon Ball Online had the chance to present and explore the red-eyed form so that we could have more to think about when it comes to this new blue-eyed form... :(

I believe V-Jump called it "Super God Class".

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:42 pm

Grimlock wrote:Yeah, it's nice that Heroes colored that Cell-like avatar red in the God Class-up (obviously doing a reference to Super Saiyan God, since the transformation for the Saiyans was that one), and now that the Saiyans avatars are getting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, Heroes colored him as blue.

Come to think of,did heroes ever explain the red eyed namekian tranformation?
Because i don't recall DBO ever doing that either.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:05 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:I believe V-Jump called it "Super God Class".
Thank you.
Whatever wrote:Come to think of,did heroes ever explain the red eyed namekian tranformation?
Because i don't recall DBO ever doing that either.
No, Dragon Ball Heroes does not explain the transformations for avatars. But obviously is a reference/homage, doubt they would pull an "red-eyed form" out of nowhere. As for Dragon Ball Online, as I said, it also didn't have the chance to explain it since it closed too soon and the form only appeared in a trailer.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Grimlock wrote:I also like that the Namekuseijins are getting a blue-eyed form. If only Dragon Ball Online had the chance to present and explore the red-eyed form so that we could have more to think about when it comes to this new blue-eyed form... :(
I wish Piccolo achieved either form in Super. Because the guy needed something to keep him relevant.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:16 pm

I would sound like a broken record now but that's what I have been saying for the past three or four years... Instead of distributing transformations as if it was a bargain sale for those who clearly don't need, give one to Piccolo. He needs it more than anyone else.

It would be extremely awesome to see Piccolo with the red-eyed form, and it would be much more interesting than having to see recolors everywhere.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 pm

With Blue no longer the strongest current form do you think they will/should start giving it to other characters? I mean, there's still quite a few ones I hope get Super Saiyan 4 first, mainly Vegetto, Future Trunks and Gotenks, but it's not like they can't start alternating them.

Also, speaking of new Super Saiyan Blue characters, with he new Blue Goku having a combination of his classic outfit and the RoF Gi, I hope the eventual new Vegeta is a combo of his RoF and Buu costumes. Basically removing the armor. I think his grey under clothes are different enough from the blue ones to make for a fun outfit.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:46 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I just realized that Completed UI is STILL using regular base hair, just like Omen.
Except its not exactly the base hair.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:48 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:
I dunno. I kinda like the Toriyama base-hair design.

It'd be kinda nice if they were used interchangably. UI's anime hair is just the base hair but floating upwards a bit anyways.

Also, guess we can see what a SSGSS/Golden Cell would look like.

Other ones are on the SBDH site. I gotta say, I really don't like how the SSGSS forms don't have Super Saiyan hair.
Something about the art just looks so fanarty to me

And lol Basaku going full Gajeel with the fashion

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:55 pm

Draconic wrote:With Blue no longer the strongest current form do you think they will/should start giving it to other characters? I mean, there's still quite a few ones I hope get Super Saiyan 4 first, mainly Vegetto, Future Trunks and Gotenks, but it's not like they can't start alternating them.

Also, speaking of new Super Saiyan Blue characters, with he new Blue Goku having a combination of his classic outfit and the RoF Gi, I hope the eventual new Vegeta is a combo of his RoF and Buu costumes. Basically removing the armor. I think his grey under clothes are different enough from the blue ones to make for a fun outfit.
i remember someone saying that would only happen after Super had ended, that was a long time ago before the Tournament of Power arc was even revaled and back then we thought many things but Super ending any time soon, now it's pretty much a fact which means it's a posibility, but then who do they give it to?? Broly has already a god form that just happens to be different not only in color but the hair, he was also the first SS4 that was introduced after years of Goku, Vegeta and their fusion being the only ones, that would give us Gohan since he already has SS4, not counting how would they give him that form after making look like geek in the Super anime, i think we could start thinking about that in about a year after Super ends or even more.