"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:35 am

Grimlock wrote:Here are the SECs. Nothing interesting except for Fu, of course.

[spoiler]Image Image Image[/spoiler]
Seems my prediction was spot on this time, just saw these on Twitter this morning. Love the art for all of them

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:44 am

Even Fu isn’t really interesting. They’ve been promoting him without a card up till now. So while they could have pulled a Bebi Vegeta or Towa and held off a few missions, he was still an obvious candidate.

Honestly, only worthwhile thing to note is that Geran is technically a “new” form (to the game): Full Power. But even that’s pretty expected given recent episodes.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Goku's attack is Silver Dragon's Flash(Ginryuu no issen)

Jiren's is Overheat Magnetron

Fu's is Ignition-type Serious Sphere(Gibaku-shiki Honkidama)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Can someone translate these dialogues? That last one has a long post-battle dialogue and it does end with a cliffhanger!

The trio attack! One of the best ones I have ever seen! :clap: Why such badass move didn't happen in Universe Survival saga? Or better yet, why badass stuff don't appear in Dragon Ball Super?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:18 am

Grimlock wrote:Can someone translate these dialogues? That last one has a long post-battle dialogue and it does end with a cliffhanger!

The trio attack! One of the best ones I have ever seen! :clap: Why such badass move didn't happen in Universe Survival saga? Or better yet, why badass stuff don't appear in Dragon Ball Super?
SSJ4 Goku: *huff huff* damn. The me over there was one step above me.

Capsule Corp Logo Goku: You look like you know about Fu. Can you tell us what's going on?

SSJ4 Goku: That's...

Fu: Hahaha! Wow! I was able to take a really interesting sample!

SSJ4 Goku: Fu! You...! I was on a time patrol. I heard that guy over there called Fu was scheming something up on this strange planet. In order to investigate that, I purposely got caught.

Capsule Corp Logo Goku: Fu, you're a bad guy, huh!

Mai: Could it be he's also involved with the disappearance of Trunks?!

Fu: Now now everyone, calm down. This prison planet is an experimental site that I made. I'm bringing in strong warriors from various points in time and space and taking samples.

Vegeta: You, I don't know what you mean by experiment, but are you telling me that you also imprisoned trunks on this planet?

Fu: Yeah, that's right! Around this time he should struggling with how to break free from here I'd say. But, if you want to leaves here, you have to collect the 7 "Special Dragon Balls." But I think that prisoner over there was handed one.

SSJ4 Goku: This Dragon Ball?

Fu: Yeah. Other prisoners have the remaining Dragon Balls. So good luck searching! Well, this is where I take my leave, see ya later!

Capsule Corp Logo Goku: Ah, hey! He really runs away quickly.

Mai: Trunks...please be safe...

Capsule Corp Logo Goku: Trunks is definitely fine! Well, this is the start of the adventure to search for Trunks and the Dragon Balls!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:39 am

This one features the dialogue from the start of the arc as well, before skipping to the SS4 Goku boss.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:29 am

So we got a cutscene of the new character but no name?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:18 am

Goresh wrote:[spoiler]SSJ4 Goku: *huff huff* damn. The me over there was one step above me.

Capsule Corp Logo Goku: You look like you know about Fu. Can you tell us what's going on?

SSJ4 Goku: Fu! You...! I was on a time patrol. I heard that guy over there called Fu was scheming something up on this strange planet. In order to investigate that, I purposely got caught.

Fu: Now now everyone, calm down. This prison planet is an experimental site that I made. I'm bringing in strong warriors from various points in time and space and taking samples.

Vegeta: You, I don't know what you mean by experiment, but are you telling me that you also imprisoned trunks on this planet?

Fu: Yeah, that's right! Around this time he should struggling with how to break free from here I'd say. But, if you want to leaves here, you have to collect the 7 "Special Dragon Balls." But I think that prisoner over there was handed one.

Fu: Yeah. Other prisoners have the remaining Dragon Balls. So good luck searching! Well, this is where I take my leave, see ya later!

Capsule Corp Logo Goku: Trunks is definitely fine! Well, this is the start of the adventure to search for Trunks and the Dragon Balls![/spoiler]
Thank you! :thumbup: Oh, did Xeno Goku just admitted Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku is stronger than him!? :o

Heroes also provided some descriptions of the characters. Only translate if there's anything worthwhile for us to know, or if you want to, of course.

[spoiler]Image Image Image Image Image[/spoiler]

And here we got a dialogue with Trunks and Cooler. I haven't found any video showing the whole thing yet by the way.

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]

~ War of the Dinobots ~

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:02 am

Grimlock wrote:
Goresh wrote:[spoiler]SSJ4 Goku: *huff huff* damn. The me over there was one step above me.

Capsule Corp Logo Goku: Trunks is definitely fine! Well, this is the start of the adventure to search for Trunks and the Dragon Balls![/spoiler]
Thank you! :thumbup: Oh, did Xeno Goku just admitted Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku is stronger than him!? :o

Heroes also provided some descriptions of the characters. Only translate if there's anything worthwhile for us to know, or if you want to, of course.

And here we got a dialogue with Trunks and Cooler. I haven't found any video showing the whole thing yet by the way.

Cooler: Kisama(He’s saying “You” but rudely Japanese term that doesn’t really translate), please cooperate with me. I know how to escape from here

Trunks Future: Really!? Thank you for your consideration! Let’s try our best !

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:39 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:This one features the dialogue from the start of the arc as well, before skipping to the SS4 Goku boss.
Goku and Vegeeta are training with Whis (not winning, of course) and Mai asks for help because Trunks got imprisoned. Fu offers his help since he's Trunks' "friend" and knows about Prison Planet.

The descriptions below say Trunks came from the future to train with Goku and Vegeeta. SS4 Goku is a Time Patroller from another world (I think he's the same one that fought Mira and Broli).

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:03 pm

Grimlock wrote:

Welp... i was hoping SS4 was at least equal with God Blue but already kinda knew that was very unlikely, even with Xeno Goku having gone thru BoG events with the power of the Super Saiyan God already in him, and it's not like he is gonna get stronger anytime soon at least not any forms beyond SS4 that's for sure.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:28 pm

Universe Mission set 1 review is here. This one will be a little longer than usual due to the sheer amount of UR/SEC cards released in this set but there are a lot of great cards plus the usual game-breaking SEC that we see during the first set of every new mission.

UM1-17 Goku (Ultra Instinct -Sign-)

HR Type
HP: 2100
Power: 7800
Guard: 2000

CAA: God Kamehameha CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round. Upon god power activation, transform and permanently increase Power by 15,000. (1 time only).

Passive: During the 3rd round only, if your team has 1 or more attackers, increase your team's battle power by (hero energy amount x 2,000).

Super Attack: Ultra Instinct -Sign-, costs 7 energy.

His CAA is very strong. 15k Power increase is very substantial but his limiting factor is that his passive is only active during the third round. While this may be beneficial in some cases where your team is centered around bursting down your opponent in round 3, it is extremely predictable and easily countered.

7/10

UM1-19 Vegeta (SSJB Evolution)

EL Type
HP: 2600
Power: 7100
Guard: 1500

CAA: Counter Rush CAA that activates when your HP is below 50% and 1 enemy is attacking you. Upon perfect rush activation, deal triple damage.

Passive: At the end of a battle power calculation phase where Vegeta is an attacker, permanently increase Power by 5,000 and restore ki for every 5,000 battle power calculated in the round. (Every time).

Super Attack: Gamma Burst Flash, costs 6 energy.

UEE: When your team attacks, if Goku (Ultra Instinct) and Ultimate Gohan are on the same team as Vegeta, super unit ability activates, costs 10 energy.

I really like this Vegeta card a lot. Counter Rush is an amazing CAA, his passive is basically useful all the time, his Super Attack doesn't cost too much energy, and he even comes with an UEE with units that are completely viable to be used on the same team. I expect to be seeing a lot of this guy in the future.

8.75/10

UM1-54 Goku

EL Type
HP: 3500
Power: 4800

CAA: Sparking CAA that activates on or after the third round. Upon super sparking activation, decrease the hero energy of the enemy team by 2 and deal double damage.

Passive: At the end of the first round, increase the Power of all attackers by 2,000. Also, revert the CI speed back to how it was at the beginning of the match and permanently negate all abilities that affect CI speed alteration.

Super Attack: Dancing Twin Dragon Blast, costs 4 energy.

Extremely mediocre card that will only ever be usable to counter heavy CI alteration teams. There really is no reason for this card to be a UR.

6/10

UM1-56 Trunks: Future

HR Type
HP: 3700
Power: 3200

CAA: Super Energy CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round. Upon big success, permanently reduce the Power and Guard of the enemy by 5,000.

Passive: As a supporter, reduce the damage received by all allies for that round only. This effect increases for every enemy attacker with a Power stat of over 20,000.

Super Attack: Extreme Masenko, costs 4 energy.

Not a bad supporter that aims to counter big powerhouses. Namely, a card that we will cover later on in the review. Because he counters that one card, I think this Trunks will be pretty valuable.

7/10

From here on out I will cover all of the SSJ4 cards. What's interesting is they all have a unique ability called "the menacing SSJ4" that activates on round 3 only and increases battle power by 4x depending on the amount of ki consumed.

UM1-59 Goku: GT (SSJ4)

BS Type
HP: 2400
Power: 6600
Guard: 1000

CAA: This guy has the new Ultimate Dragon Fist CAA that activates on or after round 2. Upon full charge success, permanently increase Power by 8,000. Also, increase damage even more if successful with the CAA.

Passive: When Goku attacks and wins the CI, greatly increase the CI speed of all enemies belonging to the coordinated attack group that was attacked by Goku. (Every time).

Super Attack: 10 times Kamehameha, costs 7 energy.

It's pretty hard to evaluate these cards since they all have this new "side" passive ability that benefits them greatly if the team survives to round 3. I think the Ultimate Dragon Fist CAA is really good and allows this card to boost his Power by a lot. Combined with the fact that he makes it nearly impossible for your opponents to consistently win CIs, I think this Goku is actually pretty good.

7.5/10

UM1-60 Gohan: GT (SSJ4)

BS Type
HP: 2300
Power: 7500

CAA: Counter Rush CAA that activates while being attacked by 1 enemy and your health is less than 50%. Upon perfect rush activation, reduce enemy hero energy by 3.

Passive: At the end of every round, if there are allies with Power stats with 100 or below, reduce the damage mitigation effects of all enemies by 50%.

Super Attack: Ultimate Soaring Dragon Fist, costs 7 energy.

Not really anything special here other than his CAA being counter rush. His passive isn't great and there are just much better options for the role he is trying to fill.

6/10

UM1-61 Vegeta: GT (SSJ4)

EL Type
HP: 2700
Power: 5500

CAA: Triple attack CAA that activates on or after round 2. Upon super triple effect activation, permanently ignore the guard of the attacked enemy.

Passive: During the battle power calculation phase, if Vegeta's Power or Guard are 100 or below, permanently increase Power and Guard by 10,000 and deal double damage.

Super Attack: Final Shine Attack, costs 7 energy.

This guy can be very good or very bad. If the enemy team has a strategy revolved around debuffing your team, this is an excellent, top tier unit. But, if the enemy team is just trying to play a normal game and win through traditional means, this guy essentially becomes very bad since his passive becomes useless. Triple attack also isn't a great CAA.

6.5/10

UM1-62 Gogeta: GT (SSJ4)

HR Type
HP: 2200
Power: 8400

CAA: Double attack CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round. Upon activation of super double effect, Gogeta and his partner deal an additional 1,500 damage per CI win.

Passive: At the end of every round, if your team took under 5,000 damage during that round, permanently increase Gogeta's Power and battle power by 3x and fully recover ki.

Super Attack: Big Bang Kamehameha, costs 8 energy.

This unit is incredible. I can already see this guy being insane with Cell: Xeno from SDBH mission 2 because he only takes up to 1,000 damage per attack during round 1. That essentially guarantees that Gogeta will get a 3x Power increase for round 2, which can then get even higher in subsequent rounds if your team is defensive. Not only that, he is also guaranteed to get a 4x boost to battle power during round 3 as long as you spend an adequate amount of ki. This on top of the 3x boost he will inevitably get in round 2 is absolutely insane. The only downside to this unit is that his Super Attack costs 8 energy, which was obviously done intentionally for balance reasons. Even with that restriction, I still expect this unit to see a lot of play in the future and something that players will take into considering while building their teams.

9/10

UM1-63 Broly (SSJ4)

HR Type
HP: 2100
Power: 7800

CAA: Sparking CAA that activates on or after the 3rd round. Upon activation of super sparking, deal super ki damage to the enemy.

Passive: Immune to stuns but cannot participate in a coordinated attack. Also, at the end of the first round, permanently increase Power by the amount of HP your team has.

Super Attack: Gigantic Destruction, costs 8 energy.

I think the average amount of HP teams generally have these days is something around 23-25k. Assuming you take between 5-7k damage during round 1, that leaves you with something like 16-20k HP to go toward your Power stat. I guess on average that equates to around a 2.5x increase in Power at the end of round 1. So that, combined with the "side" passive ability as well as his ability to resist stuns makes this guy a pretty good all around unit.

7.5/10

UM1-64 Bardock (SSJ4)

EL Type
HP: 2600
Power: 5100

CAA: Super energy CAA that activates on or after round 2. Upon super success, permanently ignore the damage reduction abilities of the enemy.

Passive: At the end of the battle power calculation phase while Bardock is an attacker, if the enemy battle power is over 12,000, deal 2.5x damage during that round only. (every time).

Super Attack: Rebellion Hammer, costs 7 energy.

Pretty useful unit that allows you to capitalize on the enemy team pumping up their battle power. Interestingly enough, this guy counters the entire "side" passive of the SSJ4s this set. If the enemy team looks to use that effect to buff up their battle power, Bardock's Power skyrockets. But again, this passive is somewhat situational since there are still teams that do not heavily rely on battle power to win matches.

7.5/10

UM1-SEC3 Fu

EL Type
HP: 3800
Power: 3600

CAA: Draw CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round. Upon success, greatly increase the CI speed of the affected enemy and reduce the hero energy of the enemy team by 2.

Passive: At the end of every round, increase the Power of 2 random allies by 20,000.

Super Attack: Remote Serious Bomb, costs 4 energy.

Lol. I have no idea how I'm supposed to evaluate this card. The random part is what makes this guy not as good as he could be, but 20,000 is such a big number that it simply has to be good. Even if you give 20,000 Power to 1 attacker and 1 supporter, I'm pretty sure it's still an insane effect. Therefore, I believe this card will be very good....just have to prey that you get lucky. On average, should be worth it though.

8.5/10

UM1-SEC2 Jiren (Full Power)

BS Type
HP: 3200
Power: 5500

CAA: Lockon CAA that activates when Jiren can launch his Super Attack. Attacks the enemy you lockon to and deals 1.2x damage. If the locked on enemy is Goku, this effect increases.

Passive: At the start of the battle, increase damage done by 1.5x. This effect increases if your team has less HP than the enemy.

Super Attack: Overheat Magnetron, costs 8 energy.

UEE: If Toppo and Dyspo are on the same team as Jiren, these 3 unit members become permanently immune to stuns, costs 2 energy.

I'm really let down by this SEC. I was expecting them to do something really great with Jiren but I guess they're content with him being a below average SEC card. His bonus 1.5x damage isn't really enough to call him a great option for any team considering there are cards that can do double his damage without sacrificing anything. The only thing this guy has going for him is the fact that his bonus starts at the beginning of the match and lasts the entire time and his lockon ability is pretty good. They could have at least made his Super Attack cost like 6 energy or something. Not really sure what they were thinking here.

7/10

UM1-SEC Goku (Ultra Instinct)

HR Type
HP: 2200
Power: 8500

CAA: Ultimate Burst CAA that activates when Goku is about to launch his super attack, which increases the damage done. Upon super burst MAX activation, increase the damage even more. Also, steal 5,000 Power from the attacked enemy. (Every time).

Passive: At the start of the battle, deal 3x damage. But, at the end of the 2nd round, permanently reduce Power and Guard to 0.

Super Attack: Silver Dragon Flash, costs 6 energy.

Here it is. For some reason, whenever a new set of missions come out (in this case the Universe Missions) they always like to release 1 completely busted SEC card in the first set. In Jaakuryuu mission 1 we had SSJ adolescent Gotenks. In God mission 1, we had Masked Saiyan. In SDBH 1, we had Vegito Blue. Now we have this guy. This unit kind of reminds me of Vegito Blue from SDBH 1 in the sense that he is just going to end the match with 1 hit. An unconditional 3x damage increase is just insane. Even Vegito Blue's Super Attack costed 8 energy and you needed to have the full 10 energy to boost the damage of his super attack 2x. This guy is much more low maintenance than Vegito Blue but will probably end up doing less damage overall. He already starts with a monstrous 8500 Power stat and there are really no downsides to this card at all, other than you having to end the match by round 3. But that should not be a problem when this card is so overpowered.

9.75/10

A very strong set overall. We'll see if they continue to add this many cards per set in the future or if this is an exception since this review went a lot longer than my other ones.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:59 pm

alakazam^ wrote:The descriptions below say Trunks came from the future to train with Goku and Vegeeta. SS4 Goku is a Time Patroller from another world (I think he's the same one that fought Mira and Broli).
Now that DBS is going to end we could deduce that this happens after the saga of the Tournament of Power. Another possible moment where to place this is in the lapse of time between the saga of Zamasu and the saga of the Tournament of Power.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:21 pm

HECTOR4 wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:The descriptions below say Trunks came from the future to train with Goku and Vegeeta. SS4 Goku is a Time Patroller from another world (I think he's the same one that fought Mira and Broli).
Now that DBS is going to end we could deduce that this happens after the saga of the Tournament of Power. Another possible moment where to place this is in the lapse of time between the saga of Zamasu and the saga of the Tournament of Power.
I honestly believe it is after the tournament of power

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:42 pm

As of right now, nothing is overly clear what's going on with this arc. We don't know if it takes place in the Super continuity between Zamasu and the Tournament of Power, after the Tournament of Power, or in a now split timeline after the events of Zamasu where the tournament never happens. We'll have to wait and see.

It's definitely possible that Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Mai, Whis and Kaioshin are supposed to be the versions that we saw in Super. Things like the usage of names on the cards help to support this. But, there are a few things that don't quite add up at the moment. It's possible that said things might be addressed later, or alternatively perhaps they're intended to be the same characters regardless and just don't care about any of the inconsistencies.

At the very least though, they are from a timeline where they dealt with their own version of the Zamasu events. I'm really hoping the manga continues and gives us a direct answer...

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Grimlock wrote:Can someone translate these dialogues? That last one has a long post-battle dialogue and it does end with a cliffhanger!

Fu looks so unenthused.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Speaking of the manga, shouldn't we have any kind of full information/translation of chapter 10 by now? Even my own source hasn't uploaded it yet.
Kanassa wrote:Fu looks so unenthused.
Yeah, Fu does not look all that joyful like in XV2 and he looks a little bit off in Heroes graphics, design-wise I mean.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:02 pm

Grimlock wrote:Speaking of the manga, shouldn't we have any kind of full information/translation of chapter 10 by now? Even my own source hasn't uploaded it yet.
Kanassa wrote:Fu looks so unenthused.
Yeah, Fu does not look all that joyful like in XV2 and he looks a little bit off in Heroes graphics, design-wise I mean.

If you mean Majin demigra as your source it’s because the dude who cleans up the scans still isn’t done but he’s probably close, also guys my friend sent me all the dialog for trunks and cooler and there was a bit more than I originally thought I’ll be posting them here shortly

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:37 pm

Part of me hopes that by the end of everything the SS4 Time Patrol Goku ends up as strong as SSGSS Super Goku. SSGSS being stronger makes sense, obviously. I just like the idea of alternate timeline counterparts reaching the same level of strength via different means. I'm a little sad the fight didn't end in a tie.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:27 am

So, after listening it in different videos to make sure it wasn't a sound from something else, Fu does call the mysterious guy a "Saiyan". "Omatase, Saiyajin-ka", or something like that.

~ War of the Dinobots ~