"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:00 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Can Hearts read everything (when I say everthing its EVERYTHING) that's going on people's mind? or do you have to think of something precisely so that he can read what you're thinking?
Doesn't he ask Hit leading questions to make him think of Jiren to read his mind about Jiren.

Either he can only read surface thoughts or it takes longer to rummage through peoples brains manually.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:12 pm

TobyS wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Can Hearts read everything (when I say everthing its EVERYTHING) that's going on people's mind? or do you have to think of something precisely so that he can read what you're thinking?
Doesn't he ask Hit leading questions to make him think of Jiren to read his mind about Jiren.

Either he can only read surface thoughts or it takes longer to rummage through peoples brains manually.
I got the impression it wasnt necessarily surface thoughts. He reacted to a timeskip attack and in the heat of fighting conscious thoughts tend to go out the window for more automatic responses based on experience.

He also seems to know the ins and outs of Zamasu's plans from what he says, so it seems he can invade further?

And if it was Jiren, then Hit's clearly forgotten who won the TOP, Unless Hit was thinking of a few candidates and Hearts just went for his preference?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:35 am

It appears to be just whatever is specifically on the target's mind at the moment, as in both the game and manga he has to ask Hit who he thinks the strongest mortal is to acquire knowledge about Jiren.

Zamasu must also have actively been thinking about his plans at some point. He was also able to listen in on Cumber's escape.

So he can hear thoughts of others passively, it would seem, but not rummage through their minds for something they aren't actively thinking about.
JulieYBM wrote:I am super behind on this side of the franchise. Is there a collected synopsis of the lore for Super Dragon Ball Heroes? One that gives greater context to the animated series?
It's my hope that the Kanzenshuu Wiki will be able to do that eventually, but in the mean time you might just be better off jumping into the first arc of the Super Dragon Ball Heroes manga. Heroes was essentially a series of unrelated, plot-light missions involving a player avatar set within the Dragon Ball universe until the arcade game began introducing elements like Towa, Mira, and its own version of the Time Patrol lore, which themselves only really solidified into more complex, arcade-original plots with the Super Dragon Ball Heroes rebranding. The first heavily involved arc of arcade-original content is covered in the first arc of the SDBH manga, under the subtitle "Dark Demon Realm Mission."

The anime adapts the second SDBH-branded arcade-original arc, as does the manga under the subtitle "Universe Mission." There now seem to be two branches of arcade-original story lines running simultaneously: one focusing on the continued story line of the Time Patrol and Demon Realm, and one on new adventures for basically-Dragon Ball Super versions of the characters, with the "Prison Planet Arc" (the first arc adapted into the anime, and the second in the manga) involving both.

But really quick, spark notes version:

The Kaioshin of Time calls in Trunks for his violation of cosmic rules through the use of Time Travel, and the two wind up cooperating to stop attacks from both Mira and Towa, and Demigra (different factions of the Demon Realm). Mira and Towa's main goal is to gather energy throughout time and space to resurrect their long-sealed leader, Mechickaboola. Over a series of conflicts that involve the Kaioshin of Time recruiting other members into the Time Patrol (alternate timeline versions of the main cast who, outside the fiction, are given the subtitle of "Xeno" to distinguish them from their main-series counterparts), Towa and Mira eventually succeed in collecting a special set of Dragon Balls to restore Mechickaboola's youth, but just as he makes his wish, he's sealed outside of time by the Kaioshin of Time (who herself is sealed away with the Demon Realm as well).

Goku: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno are then called in to investigate the "Prison Planet" (this is where the anime picks up), a massive laboratory designed by Towa and Mira's time-traveling son Fu for an unspecified goal. He populates the planet with fighters plucked from multiple time lines, which drags in Future Trunks, Mai, Goku and Vegeta from a timeline which basically resembles Dragon Ball Super.

After this story line, the two groups go their separate ways, with separate continued story lines for both the Time Patrol and Demon Realm, and the new basically-Super cast. The anime and manga are both continuing to follow the Super characters for the time being, in what's been labeled the "Universal Conflict arc," a direct follow-up to the Prison Planet arc.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:49 am

Cipher wrote: It's my hope that the Kanzenshuu Wiki will be able to do that eventually, but in the mean time you might just be better off jumping into the first arc of the Super Dragon Ball Heroes manga. Heroes was essentially a series of unrelated, plot-light missions involving a player avatar set within the Dragon Ball universe until the arcade game began introducing elements like Towa, Mira, and its own version of the Time Patrol lore, which themselves only really solidified into more complex, arcade-original plots with the Super Dragon Ball Heroes rebranding. The first heavily involved arc of arcade-original content is covered in the first arc of the SDBH manga, under the subtitle "Dark Demon Realm Mission."

The anime adapts the second SDBH-branded arcade-original arc, as does the manga under the subtitle "Universe Mission." There now seem to be two branches of arcade-original story lines running simultaneously: one focusing on the continued story line of the Time Patrol and Demon Realm, and one on new adventures for basically-Dragon Ball Super versions of the characters, with the "Prison Planet Arc" (the first arc adapted into the anime, and the second in the manga) involving both.

But really quick, spark notes version:

The Kaioshin of Time calls in Trunks for his violation of cosmic rules through the use of Time Travel, and the two wind up cooperating to stop attacks from both Mira and Towa, and Demigra (different factions of the Demon Realm). Mira and Towa's main goal is to gather energy throughout time and space to resurrect their long-sealed leader, Mechickaboola. Over a series of conflicts that involve the Kaioshin of Time recruiting other members into the Time Patrol (alternate timeline versions of the main cast who, outside the fiction, are given the subtitle of "Xeno" to distinguish them from their main-series counterparts), Towa and Mira eventually succeed in collecting a special set of Dragon Balls to restore Mechickaboola's youth, but just as he makes his wish, he's sealed outside of time by the Kaioshin of Time (who herself is sealed away with the Demon Realm as well).

Goku: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno are then called in to investigate the "Prison Planet" (this is where the anime picks up), a massive laboratory designed by Towa and Mira's time-traveling son Fu for an unspecified goal. He populates the planet with fighters plucked from multiple time lines, which drags in Future Trunks, Mai, Goku and Vegeta from a timeline which basically resembles Dragon Ball Super.

After this story line, the two groups go their separate ways, with separate continued story lines for both the Time Patrol and Demon Realm, and the new basically-Super cast. The anime and manga are both continuing to follow the Super characters for the time being, in what's been labeled the "Universal Conflict arc," a direct follow-up to the Prison Planet arc.
Aha, I see. I wasn't sure if there was a storyline that set up why exactly the the Trunks and Main from the Future had returned to Gokuu and Vegeta's timeline or how the Xeno characters started on their paths. Interesting to see. I definitely wish this had a full animated series to work out the entire plot because I think it would be a ton of fun.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:11 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
These designs are most generical, but what is the background of this Baby-like creatures?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:17 pm

Noah wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
These designs are most generical, but what is the background of this Baby-like creatures?

It's explained further back in the topic, they are weapons the universe 6 tuffles made, and are basically Baby twins in U6.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Anything in the Jump issues this month or will we be waiting a bit longer?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:10 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Anything in the Jump issues this month or will we be waiting a bit longer?
Jump usually leaks around the 18th, 16th at the earliest.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Too bad all the next mission stuff was already spoiled in that 3D trailer months ago, we know Mechikabura and Towa have a new forms, Dabura and Shroom are also there and possessed Chronoa, and yeah SSJ4 Gogeta but he already appeared before so it's not like i really care personally, hope Mira comes back somehow at least.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:45 am

Dragotaker wrote:Too bad all the next mission stuff was already spoiled in that 3D trailer months ago, we know Mechikabura and Towa have a new forms, Dabura and Shroom are also there and possessed Chronoa, and yeah SSJ4 Gogeta but he already appeared before so it's not like i really care personally, hope Mira comes back somehow at least.
Do we know its going to be the start of the Mechikabura arc? Cause when we got the Vegetto ss4 stuff we had to wait longer than the next mission for it to show.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:48 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:Too bad all the next mission stuff was already spoiled in that 3D trailer months ago, we know Mechikabura and Towa have a new forms, Dabura and Shroom are also there and possessed Chronoa, and yeah SSJ4 Gogeta but he already appeared before so it's not like i really care personally, hope Mira comes back somehow at least.
Do we know its going to be the start of the Mechikabura arc? Cause when we got the Vegetto ss4 stuff we had to wait longer than the next mission for it to show.
Pretty sure the end of the trailer said March 2019.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:09 pm

People can now stop asking for "shirtless Jiren" and "God of Destruction" Toppo, they are both making to the game now.
Cumber is seemingly different and Kamin/Oren seem to have possessed someone else other than Caulifla as seen in the manga. We are going to see ̶B̶a̶b̶y̶ ̶C̶a̶u̶l̶i̶f̶l̶a̶ Kamin/Oren Caulifla! :D Images are too crap (small) to post though. A better version is gonna be released soon.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:40 am

Grimlock wrote:People can now stop asking for "shirtless Jiren" and "God of Destruction" Toppo, they are both making to the game now.
Cumber is seemingly different and Kamin/Oren seem to have possessed someone else other than Caulifla as seen in the manga. We are going to see ̶B̶a̶b̶y̶ ̶C̶a̶u̶l̶i̶f̶l̶a̶ Kamin/Oren Caulifla! :D Images are too crap (small) to post though. A better version is gonna be released soon.
Wow they look pretty badass (Won't be surprised if they're part of the next Xenoverse 2 DLC batch) Happy that they've finally made it (took them long enough)

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:06 am

Grimlock wrote:Cumber is seemingly different and Kamin/Oren seem to have possessed someone else other than Caulifla as seen in the manga. We are going to see ̶B̶a̶b̶y̶ ̶C̶a̶u̶l̶i̶f̶l̶a̶ Kamin/Oren Caulifla! :D Images are too crap (small) to post though. A better version is gonna be released soon.
It seems that he is shirtless:

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:27 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Cumber is seemingly different and Kamin/Oren seem to have possessed someone else other than Caulifla as seen in the manga. We are going to see ̶B̶a̶b̶y̶ ̶C̶a̶u̶l̶i̶f̶l̶a̶ Kamin/Oren Caulifla! :D Images are too crap (small) to post though. A better version is gonna be released soon.
It seems that he is shirtless:

I sense Super Saiyan 4 Cumber might be coming

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:41 am

Is he still wearing the mask?

And yeah, SS4 Cumber is a no brainer.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:57 am

New cards for Gogeta and Vegito, both in SSB and SSJ4

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:21 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Is he still wearing the mask?

And yeah, SS4 Cumber is a no brainer.
I'm honestly surprised he didnt get it last time going off how he had golden great ape and there was the comparison of 4 vs the god forms. UI vs Cumber seems the natural progression of 'ultimate' stages

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:22 am

Grimlock wrote:People can now stop asking for "shirtless Jiren" and "God of Destruction" Toppo, they are both making to the game now.
I am far too hype for this

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:37 am

Any indication what they look like?

If its another saiyan the only contender I can think of is Renso, assuming its not a new character