"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:12 pm

Interesting, I wonder if we'll see that attack being performed in the anime
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Noah wrote:Interesting, I wonder if we'll see that attack being performed in the anime
If you mean that ki blast then it's already in the Super opening.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:34 pm

Mnich wrote:If you mean that ki blast then it's already in the Super opening.
It was a red flare blast too?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:09 pm

Noah wrote:
Mnich wrote:If you mean that ki blast then it's already in the Super opening.
It was a red flare blast too?
Yeah. It's exactly the same:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

So I guess Heroes did nothing new here.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:16 pm

Will have some free time tomorrow so expect to see my set review up sometime tomorrow night.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:41 am

Still perturbed that we haven't had a video yet that shows off the name/designation of the new Demon Realm Soldiers from the Demon God Dabra fights. The few that have been uploaded, on Youtube at least, just skip past the enemy introductions.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:32 pm

Set review is a little late but here we go.

SH3-27 Goku

BS Type
HP: 2400
Power: 7500
Guard: 1000

Space-time Transfer Card Action Ability that activates on or after the 3rd round. Summons Arale and combines her Ncha attack with Goku's Kamehameha for big damage. If your hero energy is 7 or above, further increase the damage of this ability as well as permanently decrease the damage reduction of the attacked enemy by 100%. Seems pretty useful but somewhat annoying that it activates as late as the third round.

His passive ability allows him to completely bypass the Guard and damage reduction of the enemy he attacks. To me this seems a little bit redundant considering this is basically what his CAA does. The only time I could see this being useful is if you include this card in a more aggressive team and try to make use of this ability in rounds 1 or 2. But if you were considering that option, I would give you a list of about 50 cards that are better for that kind of strategy.

Super Attack: God Kamehameha, costs 7 Energy.

6.5/10

SH3-35 Android 17

HR Type
HP: 3600
Power: 3700
Guard: 3500

Awakening Burst Card Action Ability that significantly increases Super Attack damage and prevents the attacked enemy from increasing their Battle Power depending on their amount of ki consumption. This is the first time I've ever seen an ability like this and I have to give credit to the developers for trying some new mechanics. To me this seems very strong but the only downside is in a battle among multiple enemies, you would not be able to choose who you attack.

When 17 is set in the attack area, he reduces enemy energy depending on how many enemies are in the attack area at the end of the Battle Power calculation phase. This passive ability is what makes this card extremely useful. This ability fully utilizes the new character team cap of 7, allowing 17 to reduce a team's energy by a maximum of 7 every single turn if he is attacking (assuming all enemies are in the attack position).

Super Attack: Super Exploding Volt Slash (probably translated into something like that? Original Japanese is 超電圧爆裂斬) costs 7 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect that reduces ki damage taken for all unit members depending on the attack if Android 18 and Krillin are on the team (3 Energy). This is probably one of the most ambiguous effects I've ever seen in this game but either way you would need to add Krillin and 18 to your team to make use of it, so basically not going to happen.

This is a very good card and will disrupt a lot of offensive-oriented strategies.

8/10

SH3-49 Vegito: Xeno

EL Type
HP: 2700
Power: 6500
Guard: 1500

Double Attack Card Action Ability where if successful, allows Vegito and his partner to permanently bypass enemy Guard and damage reduction during each subsequent round. This is a very nice ability since Double Attack activates on the 2nd round, therefore allowing you to make use of the penetrating attacks for the rest of the match.

His passive is interesting in that he doesn't actually have to do anything for it to activate. At the end of every round, if your team took less than 10,000 damage, increase your Hero Energy depending on how much damage you took. The way I'm seeing this passive work is that for every 1,000 damage you took during the turn, you will gain 1 Energy. As I mentioned before, the beauty of this passive is that it does everything on its own. The only thing you have to make sure of is to mitigate damage to the point where you take less than 10,000, but preferably more than 5,000. I think this creates an interesting dynamic in trying to artificially manipulate how much damage you take every turn in order to get the most out of this passive.

Super Attack: Spirit Saber, costs 8 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect that prevents your team from losing Energy besides the turn when this effect is activated when Supreme Kai of Time and Trunks: Xeno are on the team (2 Energy). Very nice ability that pretty much cements this unit as the Energy master so to speak. I expect to see this card being ran a lot.

8/10

SH3-58 Demon God Dabura: Xeno

HR Type
HP: 3000
Power: 4800
Guard: 2000

This card has the new Draw Card Action Ability, which activates on or after the 2nd round. If successful, permanently ignore the targeted enemy's guard and damage reduction. Also, deal damage to them equal to the HP you stole.

Passive: When this card is set in the attack area while your opponent has 3 or more enemies in the attack area, attack the enemy that you will do the most damage to at the end of the Battle Power calculation phase. This is like the definition of a mediocre passive and we have seen passives like this since the game released. Nothing new here.

Super Attack: Hell Gate Slasher, costs 4 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect that reduces enemy Hero Energy by 5 and prevents the enemy from getting miracle perfect CI's when Demon God Towa and Demon God Putine are on the team (3 Energy).

This guy is like the king of all mediocre cards and it seems that besides the new CAA, the developers were pretty lazy when designing this card.

6/10.

SH3-59 Frieza

SP Type
HP: 1800
Power: 5200

I guess it's time for this set's special unit.

Frieza's attack effect allows him to attach himself to one friendly unit, therefore ignoring any CI manipulating effects on that character. Also, if that character wins the CI, Frieza will launch his Super Attack (Supernova). Pretty cool ability mechanically and thematically. Still don't think it's anywhere near how OP Bulma's ability is from set 1.

His support effect increases Battle Power by the amount of allies in the attack area x 1,000 for 1 round only. This is mediocre and I was a little disappointed when I initially saw this. Although I've been waiting for a chair Frieza, I feel like they could have done him more justice than this.

7/10

SH3-SEC Merged Zamasu

HR Type
HP: 2700
Power: 5300
Guard: 2000

Change Card Action Ability, which activates on or after the third round. If successful, reduce CI speed by a super amount and permanently increase damage by 2 times. This is a great ability but you have to wait until round 3 to activate this. I would have loved to see this somehow implemented as a round 2 ability, which would have greatly affected this card's playability.

Passive ability that allows Merged Zamasu to ignore the enemy's guard when he attacks at the end of the Battle Power calculation phase. Post transformation, he also reduces enemy Hero Energy by 2. This effect activates every round he attacks. Very solid.

Super Attack: Blade of Judgment, costs 4 Energy.

Overall this unit is just very solid. Nothing really more to say. Not really any downsides but also there are no game-breaking mechanics associated with this card. I'd run him.

8.25/10

SH3-SEC2 Darkness Demon God Buu: Xeno (what a time to be alive)

EL Type
HP: 3300
Power: 4200
Guard: 2800

Lock-on Card Action Ability that allows Buu to do 1.2x damage to the targeted enemy. Also, if Buu attacks an enemy with a Guard higher than this own, this effect increases. Pretty standard -- but Buu has a pretty low Guard stat so the bonus effect should activate fairly often.

Passive ability that increases Battle Power equal to the amount of enemies in the support area x 2,000 if Buu is in the attack area. This is a very very good passive ability and might be the best one in this entire set, besides the next (and last) card in my review. I assume this also takes into account SP units, which would make this even better. I guess on average, this ability would yield ~6,000 Battle Power, which is great.

Super Attack: Hell Gate Slasher, costs 7 Energy.

For an SEC card, I honestly was expecting a little bit more but this card is not bad by any means. It is great for countering teams that like to keep a lot of units in the supporting area, and his low Guard stat in combination with his bonus Lock-on CAA effect could make him a pretty hard hitter.

8/10

SH3-SEC Vegito: Xeno

BS Type
HP: 2100
Power: 8200

Before I start I just want to mention that that is an extremely high Power stat (the same as Vegito Blue from SDBH set 1).

Super Energy Card Action Ability, which deals big damage if successful. Damage is increased the more hero energy your team has. If there is a big success, this ability's damage is increased by 1.5x. So basically, if you have a lot of Hero Energy this is going to be one of the hardest hitting CAA's in the game.

Passive ability that increases this card's Battle Power by 3 times and Hero Energy of the team by 2 (1 time only). I think this is the best passive ability in this set of cards. Even though EL is known to be the aggressive style typing, I think with the right cards such as Hit from GDM8 you could make an insanely aggressive BS team that tries to kill your opponent in round 1. If you went with such a strategy, Vegito would definitely be leading the charge with this passive as his backbone.

Super Attack: Final Excalibur, costs 8 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect that permanently increases your Hero Energy by 2 times if Goten: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno are on the team (1 Energy). This is an amazing UUE and even though the Trunks: Xeno that decreases enemy Guard to 0 is an EL type, you could still technically run him and Goten with Vegito just for this effect if you feel that your team is lacking Energy.

Overall I think this is probably the best card in this set. Although not nearly as good as Vegito Blue from set 1, it doesn't break the game and can bring a lot to the table in terms of possibly being the first link in an aggressive BS team.

8.75/10

That wraps up my review for set 3 of SDBH. Hope you guys enjoyed reading this and hopefully we start getting some more leaks of set 4 fairly soon.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:42 am

Before making SUPER DB HEROES : ANKOKU MAKAI MISSION, did the author deal with the origins of the Dark Demon Real at the time when Putine, Gravy and Demigra were just wizards in his previous manga DB HEROES : CHARISMA MISSION?!...

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:23 am

Finally found a video that shows off the name of the latest Makai grunt. So we have

Demon Realm Soldier
Demon Realm Soldier Σ (Sigma)
Demon Realm Soldier Ω (Omega)
Demon Realm Soldier Δ (Delta)

KND

Post by KND » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:48 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Finally found a video that shows off the name of the latest Makai grunt. So we have

Demon Realm Soldier
Do you have images of the grunts? Are these the only grunts in dragon ball heroes?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:03 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Finally found a video that shows off the name of the latest Makai grunt. So we have

Demon Realm Soldier

Is this all the arcs/mini sagas so far in Super Heroes and basically a summary? I took this from the wiki but not sure if it's accurate. Is it up to date or did it leave out important story details? I know the original heroes Dark Demon Realm arc. Is this basically everything that's happened in the game so far? (I'm a little behind.)

[spoiler]The Dark Empire Saga is the second original story arc in Dragon Ball Heroes, beginning with the upgrade to Super Dragon Ball Heroes. It was later adapted into the second saga of Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission!. It is preceded by the Dark Demon Realm Saga.

It is composed of the Demon God Towa Saga, Cell X Saga and Demon God Buu Saga.
owa uses energy stolen from strong people in order to revive her grandfather Mechikabura, however his body is old and he cannot move well. Towa tells him to use the Dark Dragon Balls to wish for youth so that he can take revenge on Chronoa, however the Dragon Balls scatter. Mechikabura notices one of them as it heads away, crossing space-time. Towa decides to go and get it but Mechikabura tells her to wait, deciding to grant her Demon God powers first.

It is soon apparent that the Dark Dragon Ball ended up on Namek in Age 762 (during the climax of the Battle of Namek). The ball had fused with the tyrant Frieza, empowering him to the point that he could overwhelm the newly transformed Super Saiyan Goku - even without using his 100% Full Power. The Time Patrol realize that this is altering history for the worst, and so Future Trunks and Goku head back to deal with the problem. Goku teams up with his past self and the two attack the now full power Frieza together, as Frieza holds the two Kamehameha back Future Trunks quickly slices him in half and he loses the Dark Dragon Ball, restoring history to normal as Super Saiyan Goku defeats the non-Dark Dragon Ball Frieza.

However, Demon God Towa manages to collect the Dark Dragon Ball - though Mira is killed by Future Trunks during the process - and brings it back to the Demon Realm with her, where she meets Mechikabura, who reveals that he has summoned more Demon Gods to aid in the search for the Dark Dragon Balls.

Plot (video game)
Demon God Towa
Demon Goddess Towa
Demon God Towa appears
In the animated trailer, Towa and her army bow to the revived Mechikabura as the Dark Dragon Balls are shown scattering. Future Trunks is heading back to Age 762 in order to prevent Frieza - who had merged with a Dark Dragon Ball - from killing Goku, he arrives along with Beat and Note, and manages to stop Frieza in time, causing him to lose the Dark Dragon Ball. However before they can get it it is taken by Demon God Towa, who had come to obtain the Dark Dragon Ball that had merged with Frieza, she then attacked with a giant energy ball. However the Supreme Kai of Time arrives and deflects the attack, having brought Goku and Vegeta along with her. Due to Towa's great Demon God power, Supreme Kai of Time gives Potara to Future Trunks and Vegeta, who fuse into Vegeks.

Dark Empire ship
One of the Dark Empire's invasion ships
In the game trailer, later, in the present time, Demon God Towa invades Earth with her army. After decimating the area she is in she encounters the Time Patrol and their allies, and thus sends her forces to face them. Future Trunks, Goten, Vegeta and even Bulma deal with the many soldiers, while Goku and Beat face off with Towa, the two attack with a combined Kamehameha attack dut to no avail as Towa easily deflects it with her staff.

Xeno Frieza arrives
Frieza and his men arrive
After defecting the attack, Towa's confidence fades as she notices Frieza - who has merged with a Dark Dragon Ball - arrive with Zarbon and Dodoria and thus she flees. The Time Patrol then prepare to engage the empowered Frieza in combat once more.

Cell X
Cell infused with a Dark Dragon Ball defeats Gohan and Demon God Gravy faces off against him to retrieve it.

Demon God Buu
Demon God Dabura easily takes down Kid Buu (who has merged with a Dark Dragon Ball), but when Dabura is distracted Kid Buu absorbs him, becoming Demon God Buu.[/spoiler]

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:38 pm

KND wrote:Do you have images of the grunts? Are these the only grunts in dragon ball heroes?
If you don't count nameless grunts like the robot guards from the Mecha Coola movie, then yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0275XKiR4Rg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGu8fL-X50Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYUF5bj8hCg
Xeztin wrote:Is this all the arcs/mini sagas so far in Super Heroes and basically a summary? I took this from the wiki but not sure if it's accurate. Is it up to date or did it leave out important story details? I know the original heroes Dark Demon Realm arc. Is this basically everything that's happened in the game so far? (I'm a little behind.)
That's basically everything that happened, but the wiki still tries to seemingly mix some things things together. Really, the manga, animated commercials, game rendered commercials and the game itself should all be different continuities with different interpretations of similar events. The basic details of villains are down below, everything else depends on the version of content you're reading/watching.

Dark Empire Arc
  • Demon God Towa Arc
    -Dark DB #1 Freeza / Demon God Towa

Cell-X Arc
    -Dark DB #2 Cell / Demon God Gravy & Putine

Dark Demon God Boo Arc
    -Dark DB #3 Boo / Demon God Dabra

Currently Untitled Arc
    -Dark DB #4 Tullece / Mechicakboola, Demon God Salsa & Dark Masked King?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:54 am

Bald and beautiful finally got a promo card, so those of you fretting over it can relax. =P

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:31 am

They should do a better use of those promo cards. Wouldn't be cool if they release other forms through it? For example, Xeno Vegetto from the main set, Super Saiyan Xeno Vegetto from a promo card, and Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Vegetto as SEC... It's a win-win for almost everyone. :|

I don't think I'll be able to find a bigger picture of Super Saiyan 3 Nappa, by the way. It's kinda hard to find a promo card in an acceptable size. But if I do, I can post it here.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:01 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Bald and beautiful finally got a promo card, so those of you fretting over it can relax. =P

''promo card'' as if you can use it to play the game or is just a card that has no purpose other than show off artwork???

Now i'm wondering how normal Super Saiyan Nappa would look like.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:57 pm

A promo card; as in an otherwise normal card given out via promotional means, rather than the typical release method.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:30 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:A promo card; as in an otherwise normal card given out via promotional means, rather than the typical release method.
right like that monster who appeared on GT during thw whole Luud thing, Cardinal....something don't remember the rest but he appeared out of nowhere too, It's cool because we may get characters that appear in the game but don't have actual cards for the player to use, even if it's not always but still, Thanks.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Whats Grotesque Zamasu's attack called please?

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:44 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Bald and beautiful finally got a promo card, so those of you fretting over it can relax. =P

Seriously, after SS3 Nappa was revealed and the commotion behind it, I would have thought it would have been a waste NOT to make a card of it.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:23 am

Hello, I remember when the last DB Heroes Anniversary Event happened, and i remember some videos, or pictures, announcing SSJ3 Nappa and SSJ3 young Vegeta, with these illustrations, in full body, in a TV, but I can't find any image or video, all of them seem to be lost... does anybody know where I could find what I'm looking for?
They were used for the first DBH cards, but they reused them for this kind of announcement

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/