"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:It's just Super Oozaru I believe, the long hair is because Cumber has naturally long hair. Oozaru Raditz also has long hair.
It's written "Oozaru Cumber" in the image, but I think there's more to it, obviously. It's a hybrid form as we can see.
It’s not a hybrid form. As the user you quoted mentioned, it’s just a Super Oozaru that carries the aesthetic over from its Super Saipan form, much like Radditz in this case.

I’m all for hybrid forms and would love to see one (and it’s likely we will eventually), but this here is not one of them.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:41 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:SSj4 Vegetto is awesome. Love that they use the normal ssj4 color instead of Gogeta's ssj4 brown fur and orangey red hair.
Yes but... what does THAT mean? It implies SS4 Gogeta was actually using a different transformation, or anyway SOMETHING that caused the change in colors.
From a design point I think they chose that color because otherwise it would look too much like ssj4 Goku but just wearing a vest

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:51 pm

Wilderness wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:It's just Super Oozaru I believe, the long hair is because Cumber has naturally long hair. Oozaru Raditz also has long hair.
It's written "Oozaru Cumber" in the image, but I think there's more to it, obviously. It's a hybrid form as we can see.
It’s not a hybrid form. As the user you quoted mentioned, it’s just a Super Oozaru that carries the aesthetic over from its Super Saipan form, much like Radditz in this case.

I’m all for hybrid forms and would love to see one (and it’s likely we will eventually), but this here is not one of them.
So why isnt it called the standard fair that the other apes have been called?

Unless we see in game something to distinguish it like it's small?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:53 pm

LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:
LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:SSj4 Vegetto is awesome. Love that they use the normal ssj4 color instead of Gogeta's ssj4 brown fur and orangey red hair.
Yes but... what does THAT mean? It implies SS4 Gogeta was actually using a different transformation, or anyway SOMETHING that caused the change in colors.
From a design point I think they chose that color because otherwise it would look too much like ssj4 Goku but just wearing a vest

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Probably, but what about in-story?

He is. He's listed just as "Ozaru Cumber"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Incidentally, at the rate the missions are going I'm fully expecting for Goku Xeno and Super Goku to fuse to take Cumber down.
This. Then we may see a SSB / SSJ4 hybrid form.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:39 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
I see a possible future retcon that SS4 Gogeta was actually the SS4 GOD form of Gogeta.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Arg wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:
I see a possible future retcon that SS4 Gogeta was actually the SS4 GOD form of Gogeta.
Possible, though that wouldn't explain why Vegetto has different colors.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:55 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Wilderness wrote:
Grimlock wrote:

Unless we see in game something to distinguish it like it's small?
Other Golden Ōzaru users were referred simply as "Ōzaru" in Heroes, there's no need to distinguish them.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Wilderness wrote:It’s not a hybrid form. As the user you quoted mentioned, it’s just a Super Oozaru that carries the aesthetic over from its Super Saipan form, much like Radditz in this case.
"Super Oozaru" isn't even written in the image. And yes, it is a hybrid form, we can see it's still regular Cumber, but with Oozaru hands and face.
YonedgeHP wrote:Other Golden Ōzaru users were referred simply as "Ōzaru" in Heroes, there's no need to distinguish them.
"Other users" you mean just Gogeta, and he is referred to as "Golden Oozaru" indeed.

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:34 pm

to be fair, Hachyatch has a new form, but it's not named in the image... so it's quite likely Ozaru Cumber will officially be "Golden Great Ape" in the cards

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Is there an image of Golden Oozaru Cumber or whatever it is? I only see SSJ Cumber with his tail gold.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:06 pm

When Super Saiyan Berserk Goku gave Vegeta a beat down in the manga was Vegeta a Super Saiyan or a Super Saiyan Blue?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Bullza wrote:When Super Saiyan Berserk Goku gave Vegeta a beat down in the manga was Vegeta a Super Saiyan or a Super Saiyan Blue?
Blue

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:18 pm

I'm betting my chest hair that at some point we will have in this game a fusion between Vegeta, Goku and Broly making the fusion named Brogetto. :D

What we are missing is Shallot and Zahha from Dragon Ball Legends in this game as well as Tekka and Pinijii from Dragon Ball Fusions.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:20 pm

are there videos showing the attacks of the new cards yet? I've been looking for a video of Ozotto's attack but everyone kills him without letting him use his super

gantarat

Post by gantarat » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:So is safe to assume that SSJ4 Vegetto is stronger than SSBKK Vegetto?
Heroes is not canon so it not confirm anything that which form is stronger.
Even Result Fight of Both Goku Different in Manga,Anime.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:35 am

And yet that didn't stop people from all over the internet to use the arcade as "undeniable proof" than SSB was stronger than SSJ4 in the past few months.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I'm betting my chest hair that at some point we will have in this game a fusion between Vegeta, Goku and Broly making the fusion named Brogetto. :D

What we are missing is Shallot and Zahha from Dragon Ball Legends in this game as well as Tekka and Pinijii from Dragon Ball Fusions.
I want to see these four plus the hooded man when we find out who he is

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:43 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:And yet that didn't stop people from all over the internet to use the arcade as "undeniable proof" than SSB was stronger than SSJ4 in the past few months.
well the game itself, in a self contained manner, shows super saiyan 4 goku even admit he's not as powerful.

In context of the franchise as a whole though, the divine ki and what that tends to imply is that it's greater than a simpler, beastly upgrade. We dont tend to rank mortals above gods conceptually.

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:33 am

Grimlock wrote:
Wilderness wrote:It’s not a hybrid form. As the user you quoted mentioned, it’s just a Super Oozaru that carries the aesthetic over from its Super Saipan form, much like Radditz in this case.
"Super Oozaru" isn't even written in the image. And yes, it is a hybrid form, we can see it's still regular Cumber, but with Oozaru hands and face.
YonedgeHP wrote:Other Golden Ōzaru users were referred simply as "Ōzaru" in Heroes, there's no need to distinguish them.
"Other users" you mean just Gogeta, and he is referred to as "Golden Oozaru" indeed.

You’re referring to an image that doesn’t have a card print yet, with any official card-name to go with it. Hatchiyak in the same picture clearly has a new form but has no name.

I would genuinely be pleased if I’m wrong, but you really need to get out of this habit of thinking your theories or opinions are absolute fact.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."