"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Neon Z wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Honestly shocked Yamcha is #4, I thought Japan just thought of him as a joke.
Probably a useful card. Still, they make merchandising of his death pose. Even if he's seen as a joke, it shows he has a big fanbase that likes the joke.
Well yeah, but I meant they just like the death pose meme and not his character. Same way with the Goku's a bad father joke. 9 times out of 10, from my experience, people who use that joke aren't fans of Goku.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Neon Z wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Honestly shocked Yamcha is #4, I thought Japan just thought of him as a joke.
Probably a useful card. Still, they make merchandising of his death pose. Even if he's seen as a joke, it shows he has a big fanbase that likes the joke.
Well yeah, but I meant they just like the death pose meme and not his character. Same way with the Goku's a bad father joke. 9 times out of 10, from my experience, people who use that joke aren't fans of Goku.
I think people making snide remarks online is on a pretty different level from actually buying official merchandising based on a meme.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:21 pm

Neon Z wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Neon Z wrote:
I think people making snide remarks online is on a pretty different level from actually buying official merchandising based on a meme.
that's true, I forgot theres a figure of the Yamcha pose.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:56 am

DNA wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Even though future timeline versions arent the same?
Even though it acknowledges information as dub only in the pages you mention?
Even though the wiki cites it's sources from the source material with links to such?
Yes, all of that. None of it invalidates what I said. The wiki is filled with clutter, useless information and misinformation. There are tons of unneded pages. Does anyone really need a page for "Future" Babidi?
mahakaishin1991 wrote:at this point, Borgos I see used more than Topato and is generally what I see him referred to as the most. Would you prefer me to start calling Goku Zero for the Harmony Gold Dub viewers?

Borgos is as much his name as Topato, no need to get yourself in a twist. It's correct to call him either as it is for characters in universe to call Goku Kakarot at this point.
You say that, yet I rarely see anyone call him by "Borgos", hence why I didn't even knew who you were talking about. Totepo is his official name. His only name. I could call him Charlie, it wouldn't make it "as much is name as any". This is an international community forum, using the official names is the preffered method of communication, it avoids confusion since generally, everyone will know who you are talking about.
Future Babidi page isn't unnecessary, it has a lot of differences with his present counterpart, especially in Shin Budokai Another Road.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 am

Draconic wrote:
Grimlock wrote:SDBH6 trailer!

Xeno Slug new form actually comes from Towa's magic, not from the Dark Dragon Ball as we assumed. And the confirmation that one of Xeno Gohanks fusee is Xeno Gohan, not Future Gohan. Which is interesting for present Gohan (it's the first time he fuses and is another cool what-if for the character) but at the same time it's sad that it's not Future Gohan. Poor guy doesn't get something new since forever ago.

All characters that appear in trailers are generally playable as far as I remember. So that means at least Toppo, Kale and Brianne is going to be playable by the next mission.
Official material showcasing Namekians with no dick!

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:53 am

Seems like Ribrianne is playable in Heroes already!?

More specifically, she's one of those VR cards you can summon as an 8th member of your team.

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:38 am

Yamcha placing fourth in that ranking is, as others have mentioned, mainly down to one card, which is HUM4-22 (from a QR code). The card gives 1 Hero Energy for each team member in the support area, as well as replenishes ki. The basic stats are also decent, and he has Lock-On, which never hurts either. There may be other reasons/ cards, of course, but this card definitely sees a fair bit of use so probably accounts for the situation. Suits me, as I like having a good Yamcha card to use.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Cypher wrote:Yamcha placing fourth in that ranking is, as others have mentioned, mainly down to one card, which is HUM4-22 (from a QR code). The card gives 1 Hero Energy for each team member in the support area, as well as replenishes ki. The basic stats are also decent, and he has Lock-On, which never hurts either. There may be other reasons/ cards, of course, but this card definitely sees a fair bit of use so probably accounts for the situation. Suits me, as I like having a good Yamcha card to use.
So could we possibly see a time breaker Yamcha or Xeno Yamcha? would be cool if they gave him his sword etc like how goku got his staff back

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:13 pm

That would be cool :) As a fan of the character, it's a shame Yamcha only has either Kamehameha or Wolf Fang Fist (I guess most characters only have a couple of variants, so it makes sense, plus if they gave him anything else it'd probably just be Soukidan, but still); they included the original outfit version (in fact, I think two versions of that, one with short hair and headband, if I recall), which would have been ideal for a sword technique, but I guess they have other priorities (like all the Super stuff) so I can understand. I liked that they gave Xeno Goten that nice-looking acrobatic physical move, though, which shows he's not completely being left out-
although I agree he could get some new forms etc like Trunks has; still, it goes without saying Trunks is a far more popular character in general.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Cypher wrote:That would be cool :) As a fan of the character, it's a shame Yamcha only has either Kamehameha or Wolf Fang Fist (I guess most characters only have a couple of variants, so it makes sense, plus if they gave him anything else it'd probably just be Soukidan, but still); they included the original outfit version (in fact, I think two versions of that, one with short hair and headband, if I recall), which would have been ideal for a sword technique, but I guess they have other priorities (like all the Super stuff) so I can understand. I liked that they gave Xeno Goten that nice-looking acrobatic physical move, though, which shows he's not completely being left out-
although I agree he could get some new forms etc like Trunks has; still, it goes without saying Trunks is a far more popular character in general.
At this rate I'd love for them to completely baffle us all by making Goten the new Super Saiyan 4

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:22 pm

......God Broly is rather lack luster, even his move is unepic https://youtu.be/OOyFGC6_JKQ?t=51

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:42 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:At this rate I'd love for them to completely baffle us all by making Goten the new Super Saiyan 4
If he turned out like the SSJ4 Gohan, that'd be pretty awesome! I can't help but feel that they'll do something else with Goten eventually; that said, perhaps- as seems to be the case with Pan- they're holding back on it for some reason? I guess at least he got a Xeno version...

Lord Frieza- Wow, that God Broly special move is really dull, literally exactly the same as previous versions of the character had, or just my imagination? They should have put more effort into the design and execution for the character, if they're bothering to give him God form (I know there will be people out there who think God Broly as-is is the coolest-looking character ever, and that's fine, but it's not for me- and I don't even despise Broly; I just wish he didn't look so much like SSJ3, as others have mentioned).

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:......God Broly is rather lack luster, even his move is unepic https://youtu.be/OOyFGC6_JKQ?t=51
Why even release him this blandly? I'm pretty sure this was a rush job character that should have been delayed

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:01 pm

what are the size dimensions for a Dragon Ball Heroes card?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Xeztin wrote:what are the size dimensions for a Dragon Ball Heroes card?
Same as basically any other card game? Grab a Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! card and you've got the same thing, just different pictures.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:34 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Same as basically any other card game? Grab a Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! card and you've got the same thing, just different pictures.
Thanks! I always thought the Heroes cards looked a bit bigger. I suppose because the picture covered the entire card without being bordered unlike a Yu-Gi-Oh! Card makes it seem that way to me.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Xeztin wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Thanks! I always thought the Heroes cards looked a bit bigger. I suppose because the picture covered the entire card without being bordered unlike a Yu-Gi-Oh! Card makes it seem that way to me.
I wonder which would beat which?

RotofBots

Post by RotofBots » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Anybody knows how strong xeno Goku would be in DBS?

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:24 pm

RotofBots wrote:Anybody knows how strong xeno Goku would be in DBS?
Idk characters are stronger in the video games

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:03 pm

RotofBots wrote:Anybody knows how strong xeno Goku would be in DBS?
The way I understood Xeno Goku and Vegeta was something I read when they were first introduced (might be wrong) but arent these two the Goku and Vegeta from the Dragon Ball Online timeline where they head off to space near the end of their prime to fight to the death far away on a distant world? If that is the case (and it follows the whole they created a supernova from the final clash) I assume they are probably very strong. Not God level like now, but potentially more experienced with their power and thus able to do a lot more impressive feats than their Z counterparts.

Probably around End of Zamasu arc Trunks level