"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:
So it's like when Gohan got SS3 where it just kinda happened and nothing else??? how weird but at the same time it gives me hope to see thinks like that happen for other characters.
When did Xeno Gohan get a SSJ3 card?
He’s talking about either Gohan: future or Gohan: Adult
Not Gohan: xeno

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:
So it's like when Gohan got SS3 where it just kinda happened and nothing else??? how weird but at the same time it gives me hope to see thinks like that happen for other characters.
When did Xeno Gohan get a SSJ3 card?

him and Xeno Goten i wish lol, like the dude above me said i was talking Adult Gohan with Piccolo's cape, that was such a neat idea i don't know why they don't do it more often.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:53 pm

Goresh wrote:Like Super Attacks, you do not lose Hero Energy for activating UEEs.
Are you sure about this? In the handheld games you do lose them.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:28 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Goresh wrote:Like Super Attacks, you do not lose Hero Energy for activating UEEs.
Are you sure about this? In the handheld games you do lose them.
You're right about that. Thanks for catching. Not sure why I put that in there. Wish I could edit the post haha.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:25 am

This Heroes has a series of Missions right? I'm looking on the main page and they mention that there's a

Original set of Missions
Galaxy Missions
Evil Dragon Missions
God Missions

But then thee's also the Super Dragon Ball Heroes Missions which is that Dark Dragon Ball story right? Then the Universe Missions?

And is that it? Just the six of them?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:40 am

Bullza wrote:This Heroes has a series of Missions right? I'm looking on the main page and they mention that there's a

Original set of Missions
Galaxy Missions
Evil Dragon Missions
God Missions

But then thee's also the Super Dragon Ball Heroes Missions which is that Dark Dragon Ball story right? Then the Universe Missions?

Yep, plus the original stories for the 3ds ports( ultimate mission games) and a new original story for the upcoming switch title.(if you want to count those as well but they’re not connected to the arcade game and are usually a bit more wacky than the arcade game’s stories )

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:17 am

There are some V-Jump scans going around that seem to suggest that Vegeta attains Ultra Instinct Omen in SDBH. I will refrain from posting it until I learn for sure that the scans are real.

Edit: Looks like it's some sort of character customization feature in World Mission, so this will most likely not be coming to the traditional SDBH arcade game anytime soon.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:02 pm

Goresh wrote:There are some V-Jump scans going around that seem to suggest that Vegeta attains Ultra Instinct Omen in SDBH. I will refrain from posting it until I learn for sure that the scans are real.

Edit: Looks like it's some sort of character customization feature in World Mission, so this will most likely not be coming to the traditional SDBH arcade game anytime soon.
Yep. That's just the return of the mission creation mode from UMX.

I translated the story bits for Twitter, so I'll just repost them here:
Unrelated to this ad but as a general post for the thread, I recently got UMX and have been enjoying it. Recently cleared out the main Evil Dragon campaign and SS4 Broly. Currently at a loss for how to deal with the Gohan boss at the end of the Piccolo Daimao campaign.
Bullza wrote:This Heroes has a series of Missions right? I'm looking on the main page and they mention that there's a

Original set of Missions
Galaxy Missions
Evil Dragon Missions
God Missions

Yes, but each of them are absolutely massive basically eras of the game, containing many smaller arcade campaigns and different sets of cards. Some highlight unique mechanics in their missions as well.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:11 pm

So Vegeta UI is actually a thing now even though it's just part of the customization feature of the game???? does it even say that on the scans??? also i didn't hear anything about said feature on the latest 3DS game so i'm guessing doing something like giving a character a completely new form that actually changues his appearence rather than something ridiculous like just him becoming another character was impossible, hope you can do so in the new game then even though i won't hold my breath to how far they can go anyways, probably not too far.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Dragotaker wrote:So Vegeta UI is actually a thing now even though it's just part of the customization feature of the game???? does it even say that on the scans??? also i didn't hear anything about said feature on the latest 3DS game so i'm guessing doing something like giving a character a completely new form that actually changues his appearence rather than something ridiculous like just him becoming another character was impossible, hope you can do so in the new game then even though i won't hold my breath to how far they can go anyways, probably not too far.
UI Vegeta is just showing off a technique equip in the game's mission creation mode, which was also an unlock in UMX. It's supposed to have even more options here (such as the technique-equipping Vegeta showcases).

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Dragotaker wrote:So Vegeta UI is actually a thing now even though it's just part of the customization feature of the game???? does it even say that on the scans??? also i didn't hear anything about said feature on the latest 3DS game so i'm guessing doing something like giving a character a completely new form that actually changues his appearence rather than something ridiculous like just him becoming another character was impossible, hope you can do so in the new game then even though i won't hold my breath to how far they can go anyways, probably not too far.
According to the scan, the things you will be able to customize include Super Attack, Charge Impact, and background music. So I think that instead of that being a new form Vegeta will be able to achieve, it's just the name of the customized Super Attack.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Right but that picture is indeed Vegeta UI then??? like this game has a what if Vegeta form where he gets UI even though that has yet to happen in the anime, is that correct???

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Dragotaker wrote:Right but that picture is indeed Vegeta UI then??? like this game has a what if Vegeta form where he gets UI even though that has yet to happen in the anime, is that correct???
No, I'm pretty sure that picture is just SSJB Vegeta using a Super Attack called "Ultra Instinct Omen."

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Never thought I'd see the day when King Gurumes was playable.

https://youtu.be/fa6ZlaXtivE?t=247

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Goresh wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:Right but that picture is indeed Vegeta UI then??? like this game has a what if Vegeta form where he gets UI even though that has yet to happen in the anime, is that correct???
No, I'm pretty sure that picture is just SSJB Vegeta using a Super Attack called "Ultra Instinct Omen."
Damm then it's nothing at all just like i thought, well not like there was any chance of that being possible in the first place anyways.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Goresh wrote:
This seems to be the right take based on both the screenshot (the way the text for "Ultra Instinct Omen" is positioned, which is how special attacks are displayed), and the blurb next to it only talking about being able to equip different special attacks.

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Can someone translate this ?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Gohan123 wrote:Can someone translate this ?

You have to match each Goku "name" with the correct picture.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:28 am

I'm surprised I haven't seen any V-Jump scans for Heroes yet, other than World Mission at least.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:53 pm

Looking over twitter I've come across people showing off SDBH cards and I've seen quite a few where the cards have different frames but the rest is exactly the same among the cards (far as I can tell), what's up with that?