"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:36 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I don't like that people say they are the "Super versions" of the characters, they aren't, they are from another split timeline that was the same as Super up to a certain point (I'm assuming the FT Arc).
Also, the Time Patrol are still involved, aren't they? Or did they just drop them after the first mission?
They could be, or they might not be. While I think the split timeline assumption is the best/safest bet, nothing has been stated one way or the other about where they're actually from; only hints at the when (presumably post Tournament of Power given the statements about Instinct being difficult). Just like there's no real mention of where any of the Time Patrollers are actually from either.

We won't know until 5/10. Goku: Xeno had the first "Special DB", but hasn't been seen in any of the story content for Universe Mission 2. Doesn't mean he's not around, but they haven't showed him again.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:53 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I don't like that people say they are the "Super versions" of the characters, they aren't, they are from another split timeline that was the same as Super up to a certain point (I'm assuming the FT Arc).
Also, the Time Patrol are still involved, aren't they? Or did they just drop them after the first mission?
They could be, or they might not be. While I think the split timeline assumption is the best/safest bet, nothing has been stated one way or the other about where they're actually from; only hints at the when (presumably post Tournament of Power given the statements about Instinct being difficult). Just like there's no real mention of where any of the Time Patrollers are actually from either.

We won't know until 5/10. Goku: Xeno had the first "Special DB", but hasn't been seen in any of the story content for Universe Mission 2. Doesn't mean he's not around, but they haven't showed him again.
Ah, fair enough.
So basically "Ambiguously Super" as opposed to being straight up the Super versions.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:00 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:The current story isn't even about the Time Patrol, Goku Xeno has the 1-star DB, but the main characters are the Super versions of Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks and not their Xeno counterparts, so Coola probably won't have anything with the Time Patrol.
I don't like that people say they are the "Super versions" of the characters, they aren't, they are from another split timeline that was the same as Super up to a certain point (I'm assuming the FT Arc).
Well sure it's not actual versions of them in the sense that everything that happens in the game will affect the DBS anime and movie, it's just like all the previous missions had past versions of DBZGT characters and then changes and adds new things, like how in the main series of the anime, Dabura is still dead in Heaven, but Dabura Xeno is still a version of DBZ Dabura who got revived/saved from death by time travel. I thought everyone would be used to SDBH's what-ifs by now.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:08 pm

Sandubadear wrote: Well sure it's not actual versions of them in the sense that everything that happens in the game will affect the DBS anime and movie, it's just like all the previous missions had past versions of DBZGT characters and then changes and adds new things, like how in the main series of the anime, Dabura is still dead in Heaven, but Dabura Xeno is still a version of DBZ Dabura who got revived/saved from death by time travel. I thought everyone would be used to SDBH's what-ifs by now.
When you call someone the "Super version" in a game that is constantly releasing cards based directly on the characters as they are in Super, I'd say that's kind of a little issue.
I just call them the CC versions since they didn't bother giving them a designation.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 pm

The Prison Planet(s) Arc incarnations of Goku and Vegeta have been clearly shown using SSGSS from the start, implying they are at least from a timeline based on Super. Yet I've seen the question of whether they are the version of the character we saw in Super, as in whether this is in the Super continuity, asked multiple times. I'm bombarded with it on Twitter more than I'd like to admit. So I think it's worth noting the distinction in discussion. Especially in a public setting like this where you can always have unfamiliar eyes happen upon the conversation.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Of course, but since I don't think Heroes will ever crossover to the main continuity, I usually don't make the distinction, it's already implied because it's Heroes. I treat Heroes much like the others game-only sequels, like Shin Budokai. Since Super ended, Heroes is now free to make its own thing with the characters, but imo it'll never be main continuity.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:00 pm

Prison Planet saga does take place in Dragon Ball Super's continuity, as it possesses Trunks with Super Saiyan Rage seen in the anime, and Whis and Goku mention Ultra Instinct, a concept also seen in Dragon Ball Super. If there was a time split, it would still be Dragon Ball Super. Otherwise you would have to call Future Trunks's timeline as "Dragon Ball *Insert Your Made Up Name Here*", but you don't. So there's no point in saying Prison Planet saga doesn't take place in Dragon Ball Super continuity when the game says otherwise.

Also, it's not like the game not being in the "main continuity" was a big deal, the most important thing is the content the work brings, not where it happens. And well, the game speaks for itself.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:26 pm

That's not the argument being made. Continuity isn't necessarily a two way street. Being a sequel to that content, Dragon Ball Super is part of the Prison Planet(s) Arc's continuity. That doesn't mean the Prison Planet(s) Arc is part of Super's continuity, which is what the people are often asking. The subtext of which is, no matter how much I dislike the word, whether the game's arc is "canon" to future content. The answer to which is obvious to most of us, but not everyone reading along knows the ins and outs of the discussion.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:38 am

I'm trying to remember, how many missions do we get each arc? They run for roughly a year dont they?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:11 am

Missions release every two months. Typically now with two arcs each set; one original arc running the duration of the mission, and one based on current Super content (prior to its end). The Super based arc has been replaced with and adaptation of the FighterZ #21 story for the time being, though we’ll circle back around to the Super movie eventually.

The standard length of a Mission is 8 sets over the course of around 15 months. Though we occasionally will have 10 sets over 19 months.

A21Fan

Post by A21Fan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:51 am

Glad to see 21 again ^^

theshinobi

Post by theshinobi » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:43 pm

R.I.P - Goku: Xeno.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:08 pm

theshinobi wrote:R.I.P - Goku: Xeno.
Why'd you say that?

StardustCrusaderX

Post by StardustCrusaderX » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:39 am

sintzu wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Do you think Bojack will return for a grudge match? Or Broly and Paragus?

The movies arent getting used in the anime
In a recent interview they said Kale was created because of how popular Broly was so I wouldn't put it past them. You may be right and we won't get Cooler himself but possibly someone else with the same form that could've been given to him in heroes.
You know, looking back at that interview about the ToP, I still can't comprehend how Broly even came up while they were preparing that arc. :eh: I personally would've preferred Android #21 myself but she wasn't introduced way back then.

Grandpriest3

Post by Grandpriest3 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:46 am

Quick question

The DBH avatar is doing the link with SSJ Goku because of the waves being in affect, correct?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:01 am

Grandpriest3 wrote:Quick question

The DBH avatar is doing the link with SSJ Goku because of the waves being in affect, correct?
Probably, since Heroes is doing it's own version of FighterZ's story. The site also says you can link with Frieza too. That reminds me, there should be some new Heroes info coming on the 26th. Don't know it's small or big news, but it'll be something.

Grandpriest3

Post by Grandpriest3 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:07 am

May I have a link to this site please?
Thanks in advance

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:17 am

Grandpriest3 wrote:May I have a link to this site please?
Thanks in advance
http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/news/

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:27 am

Who was that mystery character in the new opening?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:16 am

Bullza wrote:Who was that mystery character in the new opening?
the masked one?

We have no idea, only some theories and the knowledge he's a saiyan.