"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:37 am

Everyone from Movie 1 will be treated as a separated character. Also, some new Saiyan. Probably the one seen with Paragus in the trailer? He got a name: ビーツ.
Where is King Vegeta: BR, Heroes!? Just noticed, kid Goku with armor is already in the game, but not labeled as "BR" obviously. How is Heroes supposed to handle that I wonder. :think:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:34 am

Grimlock wrote:Everyone from Movie 1 will be treated as a separated character. Also, some new Saiyan. Probably the one seen with Paragus in the trailer? He got a name: ビーツ.
Where is King Vegeta: BR, Heroes!? Just noticed, kid Goku with armor is already in the game, but not labeled as "BR" obviously. How is Heroes supposed to handle that I wonder. :think:
is that ssj, or ssj3 cumber in that picture?
Last edited by RichardKing2 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:51 am

Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission for Nintendo Switch scan
This would be the perfect time to bring the game to the west. DB is at peek popularity right now, the Switch and games on it are doing great, including DB games, the game is focused only on SDBH so it only has 1160 cards and it doesn't have a ton of legacy content to translate, and the name is even World Mission, which sounds perfect for the game to finally come out of Japan.
Grimlock wrote:Everyone from Movie 1 will be treated as a separated character. Also, some new Saiyan. Probably the one seen with Paragus in the trailer? He got a name: ビーツ.
You can see King Vegeta on Beets' card.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:05 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:
is that ssj, or ssj3 cumber in that picture?
Super Saiyan 3 Kanba.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:06 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:is that ssj, or ssj3 cumber in that picture?
Super Saiyan 3. Hopefully... Just hopefully there will be a mission where Cumber displays his Super Saiyan 2. That's all I ask.
ArchedThunder wrote:You can see King Vegeta on Beets' card.
Yeah, but I would like to see his card already. It's nice that everyone will get a new model too, since I like Heroes new graphics, wonder how Bardock and King Vegeta will look like.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:24 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission for Nintendo Switch scan
This would be the perfect time to bring the game to the west. DB is at peek popularity right now, the Switch and games on it are doing great, including DB games, the game is focused only on SDBH so it only has 1160 cards and it doesn't have a ton of legacy content to translate, and the name is even World Mission, which sounds perfect for the game to finally come out of Japan.

I want it! Never played the games so no idea how they play but I'd buy that

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Guys, there is already a thread to discuss the Switch version.

Can someone translate this? I think it explains the "BR".

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:42 pm

Grimlock wrote:Guys, there is already a thread to discuss the Switch version.

Can someone translate this? I think it explains the "BR".

It just says that BR is a tag that will differentiate known characters with different designs that will appear in the movie Dragon Ball Super Broly.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Yeah, so pretty much "BR" can only stand for "BRoly" as in the title of the movie. Thanks.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Goresh wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
It’s been tested at 2 so far and both where comic con, SDCC and NYCC(which was the most recent event) it did amazing both times and was extremely packed
I was at NYCC and they did not have it there. I even asked around for it and they said they only had it at SDCC.
Can confirm, was at NYCC and zero sightings of DBH arcades anywhere.

Next time it would be better if posters here don't jump to conclusions like it was in SDCC so it must've been at NYCC and did just as well. The fact that it wasn't in NYCC just doesn't bode too well for an overseas localization imo.
Crap, that sucks. I was actually on the fence for going to NYCC this year and decided not to, and main reason would have been to play and support this game. Didn’t realize it never made it to any of the other stops, especially surprised it wasn’t at NYCC. I agree, not a good look overall for the localization factor here.

I’m hoping we get some love in the US with this game, though. Maybe they’re going to roll the dice and localize the new Switch game that just got leaked/announced instead since it makes more sense on this side of the world. Truth be told, I didn’t expect the arcade version to have a shot of getting here.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Interestingly enough, Bardock's attack is called "Rebellion Fang."

Though it might just be a homage to his old version, perhaps DBS Bardock will also end up the same way as Z era Bardock...
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:28 pm

kizuki wrote:
Crap, that sucks. I was actually on the fence for going to NYCC this year and decided not to, and main reason would have been to play and support this game. Didn’t realize it never made it to any of the other stops, especially surprised it wasn’t at NYCC. I agree, not a good look overall for the localization factor here.

I’m hoping we get some love in the US with this game, though. Maybe they’re going to roll the dice and localize the new Switch game that just got leaked/announced instead since it makes more sense on this side of the world. Truth be told, I didn’t expect the arcade version to have a shot of getting here.
I really do hope that they localize the Switch version. They dropped the ball with UMX, they need to give localization of SDBH a shot through consoles if not arcades.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:37 pm

What are the odds the Switch game will have Ganos the rest of the non-U11 characters from the ToP playable?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:38 pm

The World Mission game for the Switch has its own thread. Please use that for discussion of the game.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:42 pm

No scans of UM 5 yet???? the worst thing about those events where they show stuff way ahead of time is that we already know what the following 4 months or so will have in pretty much all important stuff other than story progression, now that the movie will have his own part of the game i hope they follow up with the Demigra/Mechikabura together with the rest.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:24 pm

Dragotaker wrote:No scans of UM 5 yet???? the worst thing about those events where they show stuff way ahead of time is that we already know what the following 4 months or so will have in pretty much all important stuff other than story progression, now that the movie will have his own part of the game i hope they follow up with the Demigra/Mechikabura together with the rest.
We already got them. Focused more on the "BR" movie characters this time around (including the newly named Beets), but they also showed Fu, SS3 Cumber, and the CC Goku in Super Saiyan God.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Rakurai wrote:Interestingly enough, Bardock's attack is called "Rebellion Fang."
I would say it's just Heroes being lazy here. I mean, mostly of Bardock's techniques uses the "Saiyan theme", whether being with his friends or an image of an Oozaru (I got the feeling that you can say his techniques are like "feel the power of Saiyans" and such). Surely they can come up with a lot of techniques using "Saiyan theme" instead of reusing old ones. This case is a bit odd because the Bardock who got that is Xeno Bardock, the one from another dimension, whose events might have been extremely different for all we know.

Anyway, speaking of techniques, Vegeta: BR got Super Big Bang Attack (despite his pose in the card being Galick Gun. Also, I think this is the first time Big Bang Attack gets a variation, at least in Heroes). Goku: BR got yet another new variation of God Kamehameha (there is a kanji between "Super" and "God Kamehameha", but I don't know what it means).

~ War of the Dinobots ~

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:32 am

Bullza wrote:I lose track of what goes on with this but did Alakazam translate Chapter 3 and 4 of Universe Mission?
Not yet, no. I don't have those chapters.
Grimlock wrote:Anyway, speaking of techniques, Vegeta: BR got Super Big Bang Attack (despite his pose in the card being Galick Gun. Also, I think this is the first time Big Bang Attack gets a variation, at least in Heroes). Goku: BR got yet another new variation of God Kamehameha (there is a kanji between "Super" and "God Kamehameha", but I don't know what it means).
Those two kanji read as "chouzetsu" (transcendence, excellence, superiority, etc).

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:10 am

The trailer for what's appearing in Uvm5 is epic asf

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:13 am

https://youtu.be/cSIqffYOVr4 Been absorbing all this info for about an hour and a half but here’s a PV to promote the up coming live stream and UVM5