"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:39 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Seriously, this again ? Toriyama had no idea he was going to create Zamasu.
You know this how ? When the arc was announced he said he was thinking about that kind of villain for awhile.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Bullza wrote:Is that the actual opening or a preview of the opening?
Looks like it's just a PV. Doesn't even have the Super Dragon Ball Heroes theme song. :P

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:46 pm

sintzu wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:Seriously, this again ? Toriyama had no idea he was going to create Zamasu back in 2015.
You know this how ? When the arc was announced he said he was thinking about that kind of villain for awhile.
Do you really think Toriyama wrote the Super arcs a whole year in advance? He probably wrote the U6 arc during early 2015 when Super started production, but the Trunks arc should be written much later, Toriyama even took suggestions from the staff to write it.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:Seriously, this again ? Toriyama had no idea he was going to create Zamasu back in 2015.
Do you really think Toriyama wrote the Super arcs a whole year in advance? He probably wrote the U6 arc during early 2015 when Super started production, but the Trunks arc should be written much later, Toriyama even took suggestions from the staff to write it.
I'm not saying he had the entire plot or characters worked out, just the very basics. If he was talking about Freeza he would've said so as the interview was made way after the movie came out.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:12 pm

He said he decided on blue because his original idea of white would clash with the "next enemy". The only option for that, in context, is Freeza. As he would've been designing SSGSS for the film before Super, and even then the Universe 6 tournament was up next before Zamasu & Black.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:55 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
sintzu wrote: Toriyama did say awhile back that during RF he wanted to give the new form white hair but decided on Blue while also saying he was saving white (which might be silver now) for a later arc (the current one).

Although I prefer his base form now, it's hard to tell what it'll truly look like in silver so for all we know it'll be better. ALso keep in mind that the silver could just be some light affect and it's still black.
Seriously, this again? Toriyama had no idea he was going to create Zamasu or the Tournament of Power back in 2015. Freeza, who appears in the RF film, is also white.
Supply evidence he wasnt thinking of a villain?

He stated he was thinking of a villain that white hair would clash with. Next villain we get is a super saiyan god ki user with white hair. That should spell it out quite plainly he was conceptualizing content

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:18 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:He said he decided on blue because his original idea of white would clash with the "next enemy". The only option for that, in context, is Freeza.
Why wouldn't he say Freeza instead of "the next villain" when the interview came out a year after RF was out ?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:22 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:
sintzu wrote: Toriyama did say awhile back that during RF he wanted to give the new form white hair but decided on Blue while also saying he was saving white (which might be silver now) for a later arc (the current one).

Although I prefer his base form now, it's hard to tell what it'll truly look like in silver so for all we know it'll be better. ALso keep in mind that the silver could just be some light affect and it's still black.
Seriously, this again? Toriyama had no idea he was going to create Zamasu or the Tournament of Power back in 2015. Freeza, who appears in the RF film, is also white.
Supply evidence he wasnt thinking of a villain?

He stated he was thinking of a villain that white hair would clash with. Next villain we get is a super saiyan god ki user with white hair. That should spell it out quite plainly he was conceptualizing content
He didn't say that. He said the color would clash with the enemy, nothing about hair. Freeza is white, so having a Super Saiyan white in the same movie would clash, so he made it blue instead.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:28 pm

This conversation no longer has anything to do with Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

That being said, all would do well to refer to the actual source material rather than attempting to cite off the top of your head.

Carry on with your regularly-scheduled Super Dragon Ball Heroes conversation please and thank you!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Bullza wrote:Is that the actual opening or a preview of the opening?
It's the CM that, if you watch Dragon Ball Super episodes live, you see it during the breaks. It contains scenes from the actual trailer. Sometimes these CMs also contain original animated scenes that don't appear anywhere else, but if I remember correctly, only the ones that show the SECs cards as well.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:45 pm

I'm guessing most of you have seen the new heroes trailer so now we finally have Ssj4 vs Blue. With how much push GT is getting in games and merchandise, I really think it's possible we'll see it back in anime form once Toriyama is finished.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:54 pm

I seriously hope they go crazy mode this time and fuse Blue Goku and SS4 Goku or something. I know the main focus is apparently having the two forms clash, but I don't see how that can last so long.

Anyway I'm really interested on the story behind this whole Prison thing. I wonder if Xeno Trunks will interact with...anime Super Trunks? Another Xeno Trunks? Do we even know what timeline do the new Goku/Vegeta/Mai/Trunks come from or at least have an idea of it? Damn it Chronoa, you have some things to explain (like why you stole Zamasu's design , lol)
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:03 pm

MisteryOne wrote:I seriously hope they go crazy mode this time and fuse Blue Goku and SS4 Goku or something. I know the main focus is apparently having the two forms clash, but I don't see how that can last so long.

Anyway I'm really interested on the story behind this whole Prison thing. I wonder if Xeno Trunks will interact with...anime Super Trunks? Another Xeno Trunks? Do we even know what timeline do the new Goku/Vegeta/Mai/Trunks come from or at least have an idea of it? Damn it Chronoa, you have some things to explain (like why you stole Zamasu's design , lol)
The Goku blue/ vegeta Blue/ and Trunks are all their super versions/ normal versions. The Goku card just says Son Goku, not Son Goku: GT/ Son Goku: Xeno. So they’re most likely the super versions. Chronoa (in the manga atleast) made the halo using all of time because mechikabura’s wish was successful. Then using her new powers seals herself and rejuvenated mechikabura in a dimension she created by using time, she tells Trunks to go find the king of time and teleports the Xeno heroes back to the time nest where we learn no one is currently watching over time

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:09 pm

The plot for this particular "arc" seems really interesting. I wish we could get an animated adaptation or a localization of the Heroes manga.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Also, I need to point out this already. I hate that mastered UI has silver hair. I should wait to see it on-screen, but I love the Omen version because of how simple it is. This kinda kills it for me.

Please Vegeta use the Gamma attack in the anime just to get more of the double standard of this forum, lol.
S3 Hendrix wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:I seriously hope they go crazy mode this time and fuse Blue Goku and SS4 Goku or something. I know the main focus is apparently having the two forms clash, but I don't see how that can last so long.

The Goku blue/ vegeta Blue/ and Trunks are all their super versions/ normal versions. The Goku card just says Son Goku, not Son Goku: GT/ Son Goku: Xeno. So they’re most likely the super versions. Chronoa (in the manga atleast) made the halo using all of time because mechikabura’s wish was successful. Then using her new powers seals herself and rejuvenated mechikabura in a dimension she created by using time, she tells Trunks to go find the king of time and teleports the Xeno heroes back to the time nest where we learn no one is currently watching over time
I was mostly joking about how unispiring her design is, not about how she obtained it, but I didn't know about that so thanks for the info. Same goes about the Super ones. That's pretty interesting, in that case we may see Ikari Trunks and Darker Vegeta in different outfits. I totally want to see the two Trunks interacting now.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:39 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:The Goku blue/ vegeta Blue/ and Trunks are all their super versions/ normal versions. The Goku card just says Son Goku, not Son Goku: GT/ Son Goku: Xeno. So they’re most likely the super versions.
Perhaps. The fact that they don't have a new label, or any label at all, indeed narrows down the possibilities. They're definitely Super related too, but I still think it's something we should wait and see if they elaborate on. Because there are cards that have been created before without a new label that are meant to represent alternate timeline versions of the characters. Once such example is the Yardrat clothed SS3 Goku they created for the side, bonus mission things.

The manga stuff is interesting though. I'm impatient for the full info, but there's nothing I can do about it.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:53 pm

What if when both Goku's fuse they become whatever original desing for the super saiyan god was suggested to Toriyama ?? Or even better yet [spoiler]the result is the SS5 from the AF manga but with blue fur instead of white :twisted:[/spoiler]

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Dragotaker wrote:

What if when both Goku's fuse they become whatever original desing for the super saiyan god was suggested to Toriyama ?? Or even better yet [spoiler]the result is the SS5 from the AF manga but with blue fur instead of white :twisted:[/spoiler]
I hope you know that the original design of the SSGod is not the Golden Haired SSJ4 thing. Its supposedly more muscle with a cape appearing out of nowhere. Also, its more likely that the fusion would just look like an SSJ4 with Blue Fur and slight differences.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:53 pm

I hope you know that the original design of the SSGod is not the Golden Haired SSJ4 thing. Its supposedly more muscle with a cape appearing out of nowhere. Also, its more likely that the fusion would just look like an SSJ4 with Blue Fur and slight differences.
I read in the Dragon Ball Wiki about the design with the cape and it said had a combination of SS4 and SS3 hair or something like that, it also said there was never an actual drawing of said design so i know it's not that famous image of Golden fur Goku wrecking Beerus

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
I read in the Dragon Ball Wiki about the design with the cape and it said had a combination of SS4 and SS3 hair or something like that, it also said there was never an actual drawing of said design so i know it's not that famous image of Golden fur Goku wrecking Beerus
Ok, glad you knew
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"