"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Goresh wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:Not that I don't like Kaioken, but isn't Super Vegito using it somewhat irrelevant? I mean he already has SS3, and Vegito would have to go all the way past 8x for it to really be meaningful. Also, I wanna see SSBKK Vegito. Or go new and unique, SS3KK.
Power levels/power scaling never really meant anything for DBH. It just sort of does it's own thing and makes cards based on what it thinks will be the most popular.
This.

Also, it might be a matter of stamina efficiency: it's possible that Super Saiyan Kaiohken(I wonder if it's supposed to be different from Super Kaiohken?) is more stamina-efficient for short power bursts compared to transforming to Super Saiyan 2.

Like, using Super Saiyan Kaiohken for a stronger finishing attack, while transforming for longer fights. It's just a hypothesis, of course

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:00 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:it's possible that Super Saiyan Kaiohken(I wonder if it's supposed to be different from Super Kaiohken?)
It's just an alternate name. The same appears for Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan with Kaio-Ken Goku.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Can anyone translate Ch.6?

http://beshamaru.tumblr.com/

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:14 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:Not that I don't like Kaioken, but isn't Super Vegito using it somewhat irrelevant? I mean he already has SS3, and Vegito would have to go all the way past 8x for it to really be meaningful. Also, I wanna see SSBKK Vegito. Or go new and unique, SS3KK.
Kaio-ken can go up to x20. Far better than Super Saiyan 3 if combined with Super Saiyan, and combining Kaio-ken with SS2 or SS3 would probably be too much, since it's already hard & risky to do it with Super Saiyan & Super Saiyan Blue, which are more calm & controlled forms.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Any news on the next arc?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:05 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Any news on the next arc?

When you say next arc do you mean the continuation of the dark dragon ball arc cause no new "arc" has been anouced as far as I'm aware, the goal is still the dark dragon balls which will probably end in SDBH8 or SDBH9. Also SDBH 6 just dropped and people are already opening the full card set boxes lol hopefully soon we'll get new footage I'm talking to people in japan i know so hopefully ill be able to get some footage soon

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:25 am

Does anyone know the short stories/plot points within the game? That would help me a lot with a project I have.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:36 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Any news on the next arc?

When you say next arc do you mean the continuation of the dark dragon ball arc cause no new "arc" has been anouced as far as I'm aware, the goal is still the dark dragon balls which will probably end in SDBH8 or SDBH9. Also SDBH 6 just dropped and people are already opening the full card set boxes lol hopefully soon we'll get new footage I'm talking to people in japan i know so hopefully ill be able to get some footage soon
The next part where its got Broly and Paragus time breakers vs Dark masked king and when Towa and Mira merge

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:36 am

The secret cards commercial just released.

It seems to give a name to Xeno Slug's new form, y'all know what it says?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:24 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:The secret cards commercial just released.

It's a Demon God Towa card with the ability "Space-Time Transportation" for Slug: Xeno. He doesn't have a new name there but, in a previous trailer, it mentioned he went super giant and became one with the Earth.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:53 am

What do Trunks, Towa, and Dabura say at the end of the vid?

https://youtu.be/mLmTSz7_bM4

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:25 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:The secret cards commercial just released.

It's a Demon God Towa card with the ability "Space-Time Transportation" for Slug: Xeno. He doesn't have a new name there but, in a previous trailer, it mentioned he went super giant and became one with the Earth.
So do I take that he's sort of merged to planet earth now? interesting, wonder what it does for his power or if it just makes him an immobile namekian hirudegarn?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 am

I got the feeling that Xeno Gohanks' bangs are bigger than Future Gohanks' bangs. While it means nothing, it's nice to notice such a minor detail. :thumbup: They are aware that the Trunks making up Xeno Gohanks has long hair.

EDIT: Yep! It's definitely bigger. Too bad Dimps wasn't paying this attention when they created the Super Saiyan 2 model for Bardock.

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]

And look what I've just found! Even charts are being created to tell Heroes stories! A translation would be nice! :)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

~ War of the Dinobots ~

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:45 pm

For those that have read the manga... How is it? What does it feel like? How's the story telling, action, humor, execution and characters like? How does it feel vs other official DB Mangas (also fanmade ones).

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Chapter 6
[spoiler]* Is this boy... Foe or ally...!?

----------

Hellgate Slasher!!!!

----------

Time Kaioushin: ...! It can't be!? They're gone!!

----------

Mechickaboola: Well then, let's have a test first. Show us your power at once...

----------

Mechickaboola: Dark Dragon Ball. ...Go, personification of my magical power.

----------

Mechickaboola: Dark Mask King.

----------

Salsa: Oh... He's no big deal at all, Mechickaboola-sama.

Mechickaboola: Yes... It's disappointing.

----------

Salsa: Damn, he's struggling for nothing...

----------

Salsa: What's this sinister ki!? Mechickaboola-sama's magical power doesn't feel like this. Is it that ball's power?

----------

Mechickaboola: Salsa, take care of it.

Salsa: Yes!!

----------

Salsa: Seriously...?

----------

Salsa: Shit, he's sturdy.

Mechickaboola: ...What do you think, Salsa?

Salsa: I hate admiting it but he's extremely strong. He's on par with a Demon God, or maybe above that.

----------

Mechickaboola: Oh... to think you'd go as far as to say such a thing. Now that I've seen it in person, I'm positive that, when these 7 powers are gathered...

Salsa: Be careful! He's coming!!!

----------

Mechickaboola: ...I'll be able to be fully restored!

----------

Mechickaboola: Well then, let's go back. This provided good data to know how much more magical power we/I need to put into this one.

----------

Mechickaboola: Let's go, Salsa.

Salsa: It's the first time I felt it this close...

Mechickaboola (to the masked King): As I expected, the power you put forth isn't that good.

Salsa: ...This is the power of the head of the Dark Demon Realm.

----------

Time Kaioushin: Oh noooooooooooo!! They escaped!!!

Trunks: Let's calm ourselves down, Kaioushin-sama.

Time Kaioushin: You think we're in a situation we can do that? This is bad, at this rate...

----------

Time Kaioushin: ...History will become a mess!!

Vegeeta: I wouldn't be surprised if the impact of that much ki would open a hole in the space-time.

Goku: I can't feel the ki of those two so they're probably not in this history. The same goes for Boo and the red-haired guy.

Trunks: Was he also one of the Demon Gods from the Dark Demon Realm? The radar is giving no signal as well...

Chamel: Shall I tell you his location?

----------

Trunks: You!!!

Time Kaioushin: Wait, Trunks! What do you mean you'll tell us the location? What are you scheming?

Chamel: There's no scheme. It's convenient for me to have you around, that's all. I don't expect you to trust me nor do I need it. But, maybe it would be better if you hurry up? Hell is becoming agitated, you know?

* What's happening in Hell...!?[/spoiler]
Majin Demigra wrote:What do Trunks, Towa, and Dabura say at the end of the vid?

Trunks: Where did the Dark Dragon Ball go?

Towa: Good job, Trunks! You got rid of Majin Boo and Slug so I got two Dark Dragon Balls at once. Besides...

Daabra: Let's go! Towa!

Towa: Yes, Brother! To think Brother would get saved as well *giggles* bye.

Trunks: Wait! Towa! Daabra! Shit! Now, the Dark Empire Army got hold of 6 Dark Dragon Balls...! We can't hand the last Dark Dragon Ball over to them!
mahakaishin1991 wrote:So do I take that he's sort of merged to planet earth now? interesting, wonder what it does for his power or if it just makes him an immobile namekian hirudegarn?
I think so. I'd imagine that's why only half of him appears.

By the way, the game casually calls him super giant Slug.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:14 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Chapter 6

----------

Hellgate Slasher!!!!

----------

----------

Mechickaboola: Well then, let's have a test first. Show us your power at once...

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

Salsa: What's this sinister ki!? Mechickaboola-sama's magical power doesn't feel like this. Is it that ball's power?

----------

----------

----------

Salsa: I hate admiting it but he's extremely strong. He's on par with a Demon God, or maybe above that.

----------

Mechickaboola: Oh... to think you'd go as far as to say such a thing. Now that I've seen it in person, I'm positive that, when these 7 powers are gathered...

----------

----------

Mechickaboola: Well then, let's go back. This provided good data to know how much more magical power we/I need to put into this one.

----------

Mechickaboola (to the masked King): As I expected, the power you put forth isn't that good.

----------

Time Kaioushin: You think we're in a situation we can do that? This is bad, at this rate...

----------

Vegeeta: I wouldn't be surprised if the impact of that much ki would open a hole in the space-time.

Goku: I can't feel the ki of those two so they're probably not in this history. The same goes for Boo and the red-haired guy.

Trunks: Was he also one of the Demon Gods from the Dark Demon Realm? The radar is giving no signal as well...

----------

Time Kaioushin: Wait, Trunks! What do you mean you'll tell us the location? What are you scheming?

Chamel: There's no scheme. It's convenient for me to have you around, that's all. I don't expect you to trust me nor do I need it. But, maybe it would be better if you hurry up? Hell is becoming agitated, you know?

Thanks a lot! Now, on to SDBH7 and possibly see what the dragon from the Dark Dragon Balls looks like! With Paragus getting some attention and possibly Dark Masked King finally losing his mask and revealing who he is! King Vegeta, baby!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:08 pm

Grimlock wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:it's possible that Super Saiyan Kaiohken(I wonder if it's supposed to be different from Super Kaiohken?)
It's just an alternate name. The same appears for Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan with Kaio-Ken Goku.
Super Saiyan Blue Kaiohken Goku is HGD9-35, right?
In there the transformation is called "捨て身の界王拳" or "Life-risking Kaiohken". The attack used when transformed is "10倍ゴッドかめはめ波" or "10x God Kamehameha"
I seem unable to find other references to "Super Saiyan Kaiohken" except Vegetto Xeno's card.
Grimlock wrote:I got the feeling that Xeno Gohanks' bangs are bigger than Future Gohanks' bangs. While it means nothing, it's nice to notice such a minor detail. :thumbup: They are aware that the Trunks making up Xeno Gohanks has long hair.

EDIT: Yep! It's definitely bigger. Too bad Dimps wasn't paying this attention when they created the Super Saiyan 2 model for Bardock.
Well, obvious: current Trunks:Xeno ha long hair
And look what I've just found! Even charts are being created to tell Heroes stories! A translation would be nice! :)

Slug:Xeno's giant form, generated by Towa's magic, is called "Super Gigantic Form"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:17 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:Super Saiyan Blue Kaiohken Goku is HGD9-35, right?
Yes and no. "Super Saiyan Blue" is a terrible name just used in the anime and manga. Fortunately games (except XV2 :() call it Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaio-Ken.
ankokudaishogun wrote:In there the transformation is called "捨て身の界王拳" or "Life-risking Kaiohken".

I seem unable to find other references to "Super Saiyan Kaiohken" except Vegetto Xeno's card.
What you mentioned is probably the name of the ability the character unlocks when he activates Kaio-Ken, but it's not the name of the transformation.

"Super Saiyan Kaio-Ken" also appears in Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle if I remember correctly.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:32 pm

Just a theory but I think I can guess whats coming

Trunks so far has been in two fusions and a super saiyan 3 form, I think Xeno Trunks will be the new super saiyan 4 at the end of this arc.

Meanwhile, Paragus and King Vegeta will both go super saiyan 3 to square off, and potentially fight or depending on how bad mekichikabaru ends up, they fuse (if only to give a saiyan a complete beard by adding sideburns to goatee

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:49 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Chapter 6

----------

Hellgate Slasher!!!!

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

Majin Demigra wrote:What do Trunks, Towa, and Dabura say at the end of the vid?

Trunks: Where did the Dark Dragon Ball go?

Towa: Good job, Trunks! You got rid of Majin Boo and Slug so I got two Dark Dragon Balls at once. Besides...

Daabra: Let's go! Towa!

Towa: Yes, Brother! To think Brother would get saved as well *giggles* bye.

Trunks: Wait! Towa! Daabra! Shit! Now, the Dark Empire Army got hold of 6 Dark Dragon Balls...! We can't hand the last Dark Dragon Ball over to them!
mahakaishin1991 wrote:So do I take that he's sort of merged to planet earth now? interesting, wonder what it does for his power or if it just makes him an immobile namekian hirudegarn?
I think so. I'd imagine that's why only half of him appears.

By the way, the game casually calls him super giant Slug.

Thank you! :D