"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:19 am

Grimlock wrote:
Rakurai wrote:Interestingly enough, Bardock's attack is called "Rebellion Fang."
I would say it's just Heroes being lazy here. I mean, mostly of Bardock's techniques uses the "Saiyan theme", whether being with his friends or an image of an Oozaru (I got the feeling that you can say his techniques are like "feel the power of Saiyans" and such). Surely they can come up with a lot of techniques using "Saiyan theme" instead of reusing old ones. This case is a bit odd because the Bardock who got that is Xeno Bardock, the one from another dimension, whose events might have been extremely different for all we know.

Anyway, speaking of techniques, Vegeta: BR got Super Big Bang Attack (despite his pose in the card being Galick Gun. Also, I think this is the first time Big Bang Attack gets a variation, at least in Heroes). Goku: BR got yet another new variation of God Kamehameha (there is a kanji between "Super" and "God Kamehameha", but I don't know what it means).
Actually SH2 gave us the backstory to bardock: xeno and they went for more of a dragon ball minus feel than BTFOG, so unlike most versions of masked saiyan we know exactly how the events of this bardock’s life went down with the story even ending with the time kaioshin reuniting him with Gine https://youtu.be/DaD2vdkv-Uk
A main difference I would like to note is in this version of the story bardock faced off with frieza ON Planet Vegeta not in space

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:28 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:https://youtu.be/cSIqffYOVr4 Been absorbing all this info for about an hour and a half but here’s a PV to promote the up coming live stream and UVM5
Final post for now, sorry. http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/news/159.php

It seems the demigra arc truly won’t be In UVM5, I know it’s possible they could still add it but from the looks the demigra story will be going on a temporary hiatus :(

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 pm

So, random sum-ups:
the BR tag is for the "Broly Movie Redesigns"
Basically suggests they are not the "normal" design to various degrees. Think of them as "alternate costumes", if you want, at least for the characters with previous canon designs

Goku:BR has "Transcendent God Kamehameha", ability is "Strongest Clash", Super Ability Space-time Summon "Saiyan pursuing Power"(summons God Vegeta)
Vegeta:BR has "Super Big Bang Attack", Ability is "Intercepting Prince", CAA is Lock-on "Prince's One Strike"
Bardack:BR has "Rebellion Fang", Ability is "Rebelling Saiyan", CAA is "Hard Struggling Double Attack"
Paragas:BR has "Dead Punisher", Ability is "Berserk Control Unit", Space-time Summon is "Gigantic Blaster"(summons Broly:BR)
Broly:BR has "Gigantic Press", Ability is "Wrathful Strike"(怒りに任せた一撃 cannot think a better translation right now), CAA is Dokabaki

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:06 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:So, random sum-ups:
the BR tag is for the "Broly Movie Redesigns"
Basically suggests they are not the "normal" design to various degrees. Think of them as "alternate costumes", if you want, at least for the characters with previous canon designs

Goku:BR has "Transcendent God Kamehameha", ability is "Strongest Clash", Super Ability Space-time Summon "Saiyan pursuing Power"(summons God Vegeta)
Vegeta:BR has "Super Big Bang Attack", Ability is "Intercepting Prince", CAA is Lock-on "Prince's One Strike"
Bardack:BR has "Rebellion Fang", Ability is "Rebelling Saiyan", CAA is "Hard Struggling Double Attack"
Paragas:BR has "Dead Punisher", Ability is "Berserk Control Unit", Space-time Summon is "Gigantic Blaster"(summons Broly:BR)
Broly:BR has "Gigantic Press", Ability is "Wrathful Strike"(怒りに任せた一撃 cannot think a better translation right now), CAA is Dokabaki
Anything on Beets?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:00 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Anything on Beets?
Only that he, too, has the BR tag, suggesting he might see a "not-BR" redesign in the future

God Goku has "Limit Breaker Kamehameha", Ability is "Saiyan God of Folklore", CAA is unreadable
Fu's attack is unreadable, Ability is "Space-scrambling Scholar"("space" as in "space-time", not as in "cosmo"), CAA is unreadable
Cumber has "Hard Desastre Eraser", Ability is "Awakened Evil Saiyan", CAA is "Excited Super Ki Bullet"

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:01 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:https://youtu.be/cSIqffYOVr4 Been absorbing all this info for about an hour and a half but here’s a PV to promote the up coming live stream and UVM5
The music is awesome.
Vegeth ss4 reminds me goku ss4 with blue eyes.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:02 am

Grimlock wrote:
Rakurai wrote:Interestingly enough, Bardock's attack is called "Rebellion Fang."
I would say it's just Heroes being lazy here. I mean, mostly of Bardock's techniques uses the "Saiyan theme", whether being with his friends or an image of an Oozaru (I got the feeling that you can say his techniques are like "feel the power of Saiyans" and such). Surely they can come up with a lot of techniques using "Saiyan theme" instead of reusing old ones. This case is a bit odd because the Bardock who got that is Xeno Bardock, the one from another dimension, whose events might have been extremely different for all we know.

Anyway, speaking of techniques, Vegeta: BR got Super Big Bang Attack (despite his pose in the card being Galick Gun. Also, I think this is the first time Big Bang Attack gets a variation, at least in Heroes). Goku: BR got yet another new variation of God Kamehameha (there is a kanji between "Super" and "God Kamehameha", but I don't know what it means).
That's true but like S3 Hendrix said, Bardock: Xeno is implied to have a wife. I also vaguely recall Xeno Trunks mentioning that Bardock had a wife, maybe it was in Xenoverse, but it seems that the games are trying to retroactively fit Gine into Bardock whether he's from Minus or not.
I see the sparks on SSJ4 Vegetto's aura. Shame he doesn't have the glitter like SSJ4 Gogeta, that's one of the best things about his appearance (too bad it doesn't fit Princess Blue Vegeta). Would've been a nice callback and befitting given it's another SSJ4 fusion.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:33 am

It may seem weird to ask but can everybody from twitter, reddit, and here please gather for this stream? to show love, support, and gratitude towards to Dragon Ball Heroes as a whole?

another reason why the Dragon Ball Renaissance took off was also thanks to DB Heroes since it started back in 2010 (I Found Out about DBH through clickbait videos here's an example "NEW DRAGON BALL SERIES???" seen those?)

I Just feel like this stream is going to be great and special besides they even announced the broly movie before it was called that during one of these so who knows what they might show or reveal!

Don't miss it!

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:02 am

Noitsnothim wrote:
It may seem weird to ask but can everybody from twitter, reddit, and here please gather for this stream? to show love, support, and gratitude towards to Dragon Ball Heroes as a whole?

another reason why the Dragon Ball Renaissance took off was also thanks to DB Heroes since it started back in 2010 (I Found Out about DBH through clickbait videos here's an example "NEW DRAGON BALL SERIES???" seen those?)

I Just feel like this stream is going to be great and special besides they even announced the broly movie before it was called that during one of these so who knows what they might show or reveal!

Don't miss it!
Man, it'd be cool if that many people watched the stream. I really hope that cruddy vid that Totally Not Mark recently put out didn't deter people away from Heroes as a whole, there's a lot of neat concepts that have actually been explored.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:41 am

More scans.
No idea what the scouter stuff is about, but hey, the OG DB movie villains get cards.

Assuming the new artstyle is here to stay and Heroes transitions to it for new cards I wonder if they'll stop labeling characters like Goku and Vegeta as "BR"

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:49 am

ArchedThunder wrote:More scans.
No idea what the scouter stuff is about, but hey, the OG DB movie villains get cards.

Assuming the new artstyle is here to stay and Heroes transitions to it for new cards I wonder if they'll stop labeling characters like Goku and Vegeta as "BR"
Perhaps those scouters, since they are for the Capsule Corp versions of Goku and Vegeta, are for something in the prison planet arc? Potentially for locating the dragon balls in the upcoming mission?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:33 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: No idea what the scouter stuff is about, but hey, the OG DB movie villains get cards.
3 Campaings:
1. Blood of Saiyan Campaign: Goku Blue(Prison Planet clothes), Ultimate Gohan, Vegeta Blue(Prison Planet), Super Saiyan TTrunks:Future(prison planet), Super Saiyan Gotenks(kid), Super Vegetto(looks like classic clothes, but it's hard to say), SS Cumber(doesn't seems SS3), SS3 Bardack:Xeno

2. Scouter Campaign: Goklu Blue(Prison), Vegeta Blue(prison), Trunks:Future(prison) Goten:Xeno(vs Shadow Dragons clothes), Gohan:Xeno(vs Shadow Dragons). Impossible to understand if they are Ultimate or not.

2. Movie Bosses Campaign.
I'm expecting the Capsule Corp. Clothes to become canon with the next series, perhaps replacing the "classic" cloths in the Broly Movie retelling on TV(which they are likely to do)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:39 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: I'm expecting the Capsule Corp. Clothes to become canon with the next series, perhaps replacing the "classic" cloths in the Broly Movie retelling on TV(which they are likely to do)
I really doubt they'd use those outfits. I'm also not sure what that has to do with my thought.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Fanmade avatar card.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:58 am

It seems a lot of speculation on twitter is that one of the SEC cards will be Ozotto’s transformed state, I really hope this is true !

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:24 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:It seems a lot of speculation on twitter is that one of the SEC cards will be Ozotto’s transformed state, I really hope this is true !
That would be neat.

I'm not sure Cumber is going to be an SEC since his SS3 has been revealed in a normal trailer.... that or hes going to pull something else out to get in there, but hasnt he pretty much always had an SEC whenever he shows a new form?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:10 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:No idea what the scouter stuff is about, but hey, the OG DB movie villains get cards.
In-game it's just an accessory but it is the latest model that will debut in the movie.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Something I was thinking for this game, as an April Fools joke.

Release a Dragonball Evolution event:

Geeko
Roshi
Grandpa Gohan
Geeko oozaru form
Mai
Chi Chi in MMA gear
Yamcha
Picolo in his hood
Sifu Norris
Fuller

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:18 pm

UM5 commercial leaked somehow. If not for UM5, I hope one of the SECs is Super Saiyan God Vegeta for UM6.

One week until the great day! :D
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~