"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:27 pm

Xeogran wrote:Uh great, another plot point that could be saved for the actual canon manga/anime was taken by Heroes.

Such development would be great to see in the real series, like after Goku finally learns everything that Whis has to offer. It just bothers me that DBH is now unceromoniously doing things that could happen in the real story.
This! 100% this! It’s also fairly recent that Dragon Ball Heroes suddenly gets all the cool designed characters! Such as these two!
https://youtu.be/o6ziwc1wlpI
It’s just not fair!

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:43 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Image

If it wasn't already obvious, they also have ability to liquid themselves like Baby, but what's kinda weird is that their clothes seem to be part of their body. But i think it worked the same with Buu so who cares. What's more weird is that in their pure forms they already look like they possesed someone. More human appearance, hair and clothes is something Baby didn't really have by himself. But it's U6 and no one said they are made in exactly the same way as Baby so i guess it's fine. As long as they look so good i don't have problem with that.
mahakaishin1991 wrote: It's more stupid to me that if it can force a transformation without the tail, why does he grow it back then?

And Baby we can put down to not knowing HOW to make a ball.
Bulma could literally heal Oozaru Baby (and Goku) by blasting waves at them so it obviously works different than just reguar moon of power ball.
Otherwise, Oozaru Vegeta could also make a stronger power ball to give him more power, right? This machine works different to the point where it's simply dangerous. Power ball was 100% safe method. But machine had side effects as Old Kai stated. It's more artificial method of going into Oozaru so comparing it to power ball seems a bit pointless. They work different. Power ball was still natural transformation.
To be fair the whole Vegeta getting the form via a machine annoyed me for a lot of reasons, the tail growing back and then vanishing was a big part of that, and it just feeling out of character for him to resort to it in the first place, but GT was ending and plot contrivance required a quicker method

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:56 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Perhaps Fu or someone else as brilliant as him had been tinkering around with the Tuffle Twins to make them much more advanced than the likes of Baby? Or the two twin siblings may have assimilated a lifeform or two before making their own debut within the Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Universe Mission Series?
Tbh they probably just thought "they look cool this way" but it's always cool to have some in-universe theories.
I now wonder, Baby had genes of Tuffle king, are those two just pure artifical beings or they also have Tuffle genes in them?
They seem to have completely different mentality than Baby who called himself a Tuffle and wanted to recreate this race. Kamin & Oren, according to what we already know, were made by Tuffles but were considered too strong and their creators tried to kill them. They might not care and do not identify themselves as part of this race.
mahakaishin1991 wrote: To be fair the whole Vegeta getting the form via a machine annoyed me for a lot of reasons, the tail growing back and then vanishing was a big part of that, and it just feeling out of character for him to resort to it in the first place, but GT was ending and plot contrivance required a quicker method
Tail vanishing is indeed a mystery. But as i said, this method isn't just growing tail, it basically forces a transformation to Oozaru so after you lose it you revert to previous state. So it doesn't give you tail, it turns you into Oozaru that has tail by default. Otherwise, Bulma would probably just use it to grow tail and then let Vegeta turn Oozaru in natural way using moon or power ball, without any risk of going rampage. I now it's just a game, but Fu did similar thing in Xenoverse and turned DBS Goku and Vegeta into SSJ4's (with GT clothes lol) by a lot of Bruits waves and they lost tails when they turned back as well.

I don't think it's out of character, especially considering how much he has changed over years. Vegeta talks about pride, but he uses help all time. You could say that fake moon was also a cheat. He lacked tail so he used help to become Oozaru, but after that he achieved SSJ4 on his own (unlike Goku) and that's more important if you ask me. Getting help to turn into monkey isn't anything special and he would do it if he had tail anyway.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: To be fair the whole Vegeta getting the form via a machine annoyed me for a lot of reasons, the tail growing back and then vanishing was a big part of that, and it just feeling out of character for him to resort to it in the first place, but GT was ending and plot contrivance required a quicker method
Tail vanishing is indeed a mystery. But as i said, this method isn't just growing tail, it basically forces a transformation to Oozaru so after you lose it you revert to previous state. So it doesn't give you tail, it turns you into Oozaru that has tail by default. Otherwise, Bulma would probably just use it to grow tail and then let Vegeta turn Oozaru in natural way using moon or power ball, without any risk of going rampage. I now it's just a game, but Fu did similar thing in Xenoverse and turned DBS Goku and Vegeta into SSJ4's (with GT clothes lol) by a lot of Bruits waves and they lost tails when they turned back as well.

I don't think it's out of character, especially considering how much he has changed over years. Vegeta talks about pride, but he uses help all time. You could say that fake moon was also a cheat. He lacked tail so he used help to become Oozaru, but after that he achieved SSJ4 on his own (unlike Goku) and that's more important if you ask me. Getting help to turn into monkey isn't anything special and he would do it if he had tail anyway.
Yeah I get what you're saying, but I don't feel the same way. Vegeta relying on tech seems out of character as a boost when his whole character so far has been about potential unlocks and working his butt off. Everything else he has done so far has been to use his own power, or tap into it, rather than get an outside steroid. I guess you could do that with the majin form but as he said it tapped into a power in him anyway.

I guess Id just rather he be explained as having trained and discovered a way to do it, or found a way to train from research Bulma collected ON super saiyan 4 goku to get it. It feels against his whole 'by my strength alone' factor of his character that pretty much defined his paradigm with goku. Goku draws strength from his friends and love of life, Vegeta draws strength from struggle and pride to keep growing and not be bested.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:28 pm

Vegeta in GT has abandoned that mentality and is actually willing to receive help and accept criticism from people he holds dear. Plus, Omega was enough of a threat that he was willing to do anything if it meant a chance to stop him.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:57 pm

https://twitter.com/suisoukiraki/status ... 6473924608 I love how Caulifla just takes the potara like that :lol:
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:58 pm

BrolyKale wrote:https://twitter.com/suisoukiraki/status ... 6473924608 I love how Caulifla just takes the potara like that :lol:
no ****s given, love it

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:59 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Vegeta in GT has abandoned that mentality and is actually willing to receive help and accept criticism from people he holds dear. Plus, Omega was enough of a threat that he was willing to do anything if it meant a chance to stop him.
True. The same way Vegeta hates fusing but when he has no other choice he always agrees to fuse. And in DBS manga he actually was the one to propose fusion when heard that potara fusion isn't permanent but only lasts an hour.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:33 pm

Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission 6 Manga chapter summary

WARNING SPOILERS
Also this is just some pictures of key panels I took, not full on scans of full pages just a few key panels but if this isn’t allowed please feel free to remove it @mods https://imgur.com/gallery/qkAsRVr

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:40 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission 6 Manga chapter summary

WARNING SPOILERS
Also this is just some pictures of key panels I took, not full on scans of full pages just a few key panels but if this isn’t allowed please feel free to remove it @mods https://imgur.com/gallery/qkAsRVr
Okay can someone please (seriously) start scanning and translating this saga

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:25 pm

Alright this is seriously interesting. The villains have a great plan and are seriously threatening especially with the immortal Merged Zamasu among them. I wished Viz could translate it like it does with Super’s manga. And I wished the animated promotional version was as good as this is.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:46 pm

Goku in the Grand Priest costume? :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Okay confirmed Nagayama has been smoking some of that really good stuff.

This is perhaps the biggest twist that the manga has released ahead of the arcade thus far.

Let's cross our fingers and pray to Grand Priest that we get a GP costume Goku later on in the future UMs
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:11 pm

How often do new chapters of this manga come out? What's being leaked now is Chapter 6? Because it seemed Chapter 5 ages ago.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:57 pm

Bullza wrote:How often do new chapters of this manga come out? What's being leaked now is Chapter 6? Because it seemed Chapter 5 ages ago.
Which is weird cuz I can't find 5 anywhere yet 6 is nearly out.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:59 pm

The chapters are released each two months, just like the frequency the arcade is updated.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:53 am

The 'heart reading power' is kinda cool, I like Hearts' design and so far he seems like the wild card of the group

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:48 am

So Zamasu can't betray Hearts... since he can read minds.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:00 am

BrolyKale wrote:So Zamasu can't betray Hearts... since he can read minds.
It seems more he reads 'hearts.' I guess he skips conscious thoughts because the way he's talking about it makes it sound like he's not needing them to consciously think to get information.

Frankly, that is so OP but not in a 'I nuke galaxies' kind of way and that can lead to some really interesting stuff. I guess you'd need ultra instinct to get past it because he probably can't read what you're doing in a state of mushin (no conscious thought or emotion).

Wonder what that means for Zamasu who potentially has up to three 'hearts' assuming the saiyan influence from Goku's body is still intact.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:07 am

Rakurai wrote:Goku in the Grand Priest costume? :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
When I saw that I remembered immediately of this: