"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:02 am

Goresh wrote:UM5 set review time! This is the first set in a while that doesn't introduce any new CAAs as far as I can remember so there's no need to explain beforehand.
And that's it for this set review. I think there are a lot of nice cards in this one, especially SSJ4 Vegito. I think we will see god level cards be released with the next set since that is when the cream of the crop in terms of movie characters will almost certainly be released. We are also slowly entering the climax of the Prison Planet Arc so it is completely possible that we see some crazy stuff like SSJ4 Cumber etc.

Just one last thing that I wanted to show off before I conclude: just picked up my copy of the movie promo Broly: BR card that was given out today. Excited to try him out soon.
Do you have beets card? What is he like and what’s his attack?

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:56 am

I hope this means Infinite Zamasu will show up at some point

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:00 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Goresh wrote:UM5 set review time! This is the first set in a while that doesn't introduce any new CAAs as far as I can remember so there's no need to explain beforehand.
And that's it for this set review. I think there are a lot of nice cards in this one, especially SSJ4 Vegito. I think we will see god level cards be released with the next set since that is when the cream of the crop in terms of movie characters will almost certainly be released. We are also slowly entering the climax of the Prison Planet Arc so it is completely possible that we see some crazy stuff like SSJ4 Cumber etc.

Just one last thing that I wanted to show off before I conclude: just picked up my copy of the movie promo Broly: BR card that was given out today. Excited to try him out soon.
Do you have beets card? What is he like and what’s his attack?
Yeah I have him but I haven’t used him yet. His attack is called “Break Shot” and his Passive is called The Non-combative Saiyan. He’s a very good support card. He also has a UEE with King Vegeta: BR and Paragus: BR.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:03 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Could you give us a synopsis of UM5? Sounds like it had some interesting developments.
To summary it really briefly.

UM5 starts off with SSG Goku and Golden Cooler battling SSJ Cumber. The duo are in a pinch until Xeno Goku & Vegeta show up. They just came back from destroying Fuu's lab.

SSJ4 Xeno duo fight SSJ Cumber evenly. Cumber then ramps it up to SSJ3, Xeno duo fuse to become SSJ4 Xeno Vegetto. Vegetto pushes Cumber back, their battle melts the chains that hold the prison planet in the process.

Fuu is pissed that his lab has been destroyed and does battle. Afterwards reveals his plan to use the collected energy from the prison planet to create a big bang and thus another universe. Trunks wonders what would happen to their universe if that happened, Fuu doesn't really know either.

Cumber comes back, Fuu commences "Plan B" and escapes the planet with Cooler tailing after him. CC Goku wakes up as UI. They do battle and UI Goku seems to win. Xeno Goku teleports everyone except UI Goku outta the planet (lol Dragon Balls). Goku senses Mecha Zamasu is around. "SON GOKU!" Zamasu attacks. Oh and Majin Ozotto was able to take the DBs from Cumber and wish himself outta the planet too.

I think this pretty much covers it. A full translation might cover some of the finer details I missed.
Thanks for the summary!

So UM6 will have UI Goku facing Zamasu in the remains of the Prison Planet and Cumber being around?

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Lukmendes wrote: Man, those auras in Vegetto and Goku are too dense, most noticeably around the forearms and legs, weird to see that when auras are always transparent when close to the body parts.
I'd chalk that weirdness to the foil in the cards, those rarely look good scanned.
Ah, didn't know that, thanks.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Punished Zamasu: Abandoned god who can only trust himself :lol:

Anyways, I was wondering here, since this is one of the few places that translates game dialogues, did anyone ever compile those translations to knows what's the overall story? Maybe even pre-SDBH stuff?
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:53 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Could you give us a synopsis of UM5? Sounds like it had some interesting developments.
To summary it really briefly.

UM5 starts off with SSG Goku and Golden Cooler battling SSJ Cumber. The duo are in a pinch until Xeno Goku & Vegeta show up. They just came back from destroying Fuu's lab.

SSJ4 Xeno duo fight SSJ Cumber evenly. Cumber then ramps it up to SSJ3, Xeno duo fuse to become SSJ4 Xeno Vegetto. Vegetto pushes Cumber back, their battle melts the chains that hold the prison planet in the process.

Fuu is pissed that his lab has been destroyed and does battle. Afterwards reveals his plan to use the collected energy from the prison planet to create a big bang and thus another universe. Trunks wonders what would happen to their universe if that happened, Fuu doesn't really know either.

Cumber comes back, Fuu commences "Plan B" and escapes the planet with Cooler tailing after him. CC Goku wakes up as UI. They do battle and UI Goku seems to win. Xeno Goku teleports everyone except UI Goku outta the planet (lol Dragon Balls). Goku senses Mecha Zamasu is around. "SON GOKU!" Zamasu attacks. Oh and Majin Ozotto was able to take the DBs from Cumber and wish himself outta the planet too.

I think this pretty much covers it. A full translation might cover some of the finer details I missed.
Thanks for the summary!

So UM6 will have UI Goku facing Zamasu in the remains of the Prison Planet and Cumber being around?
Seems like that's the cliffhanger, Namek vibes and all that jazz.

Also, on another note I do remember Fuu saying while he might not know, he thinks the universe which they live in might be destroyed from his big bang plan. It was kind of ambiguous which universe given you have F. Trunks/Mai, CC Goku/Vegeta, & Xeno Goku/Vegeta but they all come from different timelines lol. It might even affect all of them.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:03 am

Lukmendes wrote:
Anyways, I was wondering here, since this is one of the few places that translates game dialogues, did anyone ever compile those translations to knows what's the overall story? Maybe even pre-SDBH stuff?
I don't think anybody compiled it here. You'd have to look through the thread to find previous translations.

Also I would like to translate some of the story but I've only been learning Japanese for 3 years and I know there are people who can do it better than I can in this forum. I also don't have much time to translate when I log in.

But I agree it would be nice if somebody compiled all the game dialogues and stories at least the SDBH, with differences between the manga, the anime, & the arcade. It would certainly help a lot of fans who have no clue what SDBH is & point them to the right direction instead of relying on that disastrous site they call the Dragon Ball wiki for SDBH story content.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:29 am

So wait...is this Zamasu supposed to be the same Zamasu from the Future Trunks arc?

How exactly did he survive the whole "Zeno erasing the timeline"? Or is this because of Fuus schenanigans.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:45 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:So wait...is this Zamasu supposed to be the same Zamasu from the Future Trunks arc?

How exactly did he survive the whole "Zeno erasing the timeline"? Or is this because of Fuus schenanigans.
It’s fu shenanigans, the decor on his body stylistically matches his gimp suit that is on fu, and this is a setting where cooler and others from across time and space are here by his will

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:21 am

Lukmendes wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Lukmendes wrote:

Punished Zamasu: Abandoned god who can only trust himself :lol:
How long till till power up noises sound like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otaWQIcTodo

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:13 am

IMO they could say it's one of the clones in the manga that somehow survived. Maybe with a time ring.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:50 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:IMO they could say it's one of the clones in the manga that somehow survived. Maybe with a time ring.
It's quite obvious that it's Purple goo Zamasu from the anime based on the armor locations. Plus the Prison Planet is a follow-up from the anime ToP.

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:23 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:IMO they could say it's one of the clones in the manga that somehow survived. Maybe with a time ring.
It's quite obvious that it's Purple goo Zamasu from the anime based on the armor locations. Plus the Prison Planet is a follow-up from the anime ToP.

Due to the inconsistencies, the anime timelines and Heroes timelines should always be assumed as separate.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:32 pm

What inconsistencies?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:41 pm

If anything, it would seem that after the TOP there's two separate timelines, one leads to the Universe Missions, and the other to Broly. Thus all the events on the anime are canon to both.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:07 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:So wait...is this Zamasu supposed to be the same Zamasu from the Future Trunks arc?

alternate timelines are a thing you know

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Wilderness wrote:
Rakurai wrote:

Due to the inconsistencies, the anime timelines and Heroes timelines should always be assumed as separate.
They are separate after a certain point. Mecha Zamasu experienced the anime F. Trunks saga history up to when he became a purple goo at the very least. Likely perhaps even after he was shortly defeated, but before Zeno erased him.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Wilderness wrote:
Rakurai wrote:

They are separate after a certain point. Mecha Zamasu experienced the anime F. Trunks saga history up to when he became a purple goo at the very least. Likely perhaps even after he was shortly defeated, but before Zeno erased him.
I don't think we need to worry about an explanation on Zamasu given how timelines are framed in this prison planet arc. For all we know this Zamasu could have been some of his purple goo that broke off and Fu was scraping him up into a petri dish in the Xenoverse 2 timeline or something?

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:54 pm

How Zamasu is there shouldn't be questionable anyway, there's endless timelines where Fu could have pulled one from

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:46 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I don't think we need to worry about an explanation on Zamasu given how timelines are framed in this prison planet arc. For all we know this Zamasu could have been some of his purple goo that broke off and Fu was scraping him up into a petri dish in the Xenoverse 2 timeline or something?
I'd like to believe that SDBH and Xenoverse are mutually exclusive. Hasn't been framed to me that this Fuu is the same one as that of Xenoverse.