"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:07 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:Any chances Android 21 (in all her forms) are going to get a card?
I doubt her human form would get a card and not her transformed state at some point.

The real question is if Heroes is gonna make her go Super Saiyan like Mira. She does have those cells after all.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:Any chances Android 21 (in all her forms) are going to get a card?
I doubt her human form would get a card and not her transformed state at some point.

The real question is if Heroes is gonna make her go Super Saiyan like Mira. She does have those cells after all.
A Super Saiyan Majin does sound pretty interesting, but I wonder how that would work with curly hair.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:39 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:This is venturing off topic from the game itself. Please take the power discussions elsewhere.
Not really a power discussion, just seeing if Xeno Goku has red god, but In will stop if this isn't the right place.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:42 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:Golden Frieza didn't have God Ki, but he was still confident he would destroy SSB Goku in their first fight in DBS (which he did) and he was still massively afraid of Beerus
Frieza can't sense regular either. He was confident against Goku because of his Golden form and being cocky. He was afraid of Beerus because of hype.

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:12 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Frieza can't sense regular either. He was confident against Goku because of his Golden form and being cocky. He was afraid of Beerus because of hype.
For once in your life, can you not be full of shit?
or do you have more excuses you'd like to pull?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:58 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Not really a power discussion, just seeing if Xeno Goku has red god, but In will stop if this isn't the right place.
miguelnuva1 wrote:Frieza can't sense regular either. He was confident against Goku because of his Golden form and being cocky. He was afraid of Beerus because of hype.
Don't say you're going to stop the off topic discussion and then immediately diverge off topic again. This has almost nothing to do with the game and the conversation is better served elsewhere.
RichardKing2 wrote:For once in your life, can you not be full of shit?
or do you have more excuses you'd like to pull?
And this is incredibly rude and uncalled for. A warning has been issued.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Super Saiyan Blue doesn't gives out Ki but emits an extremely strong "pressure" even those without God Ki can feel.
Hell, it was the whole point of him using Blue in the ToP Recruitment Arc.

They way Goku:Xeno talks about "power I don't know" in the manga strongly suggests he doesn't know about God Ki, or at least he should be able to recognize it if not the Blue form itself.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:18 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:Super Saiyan Blue doesn't gives out Ki but emits an extremely strong "pressure" even those without God Ki can feel.
Hell, it was the whole point of him using Blue in the ToP Recruitment Arc.

They way Goku:Xeno talks about "power I don't know" in the manga strongly suggests he doesn't know about God Ki, or at least he should be able to recognize it if not the Blue form itself.
I was more of the impression he just doesnt know of Blue, or in this sense, something 'beyond god.'

I do wonder though with Xeno Goku what makes is ssj4 so special, given Chronoa has apparently forbidden him from using it if the translations I've seen are accurate. Perhaps its to avoid giving main timeline goku ideas that throw that history out of whack?

Ricardolindo

Post by Ricardolindo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:50 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Ricardolindo wrote:Trunks and Chronoa may simply have been surprised Towa and Mira were acting in certain ages or this may be a causal loop. Also in Dragon Ball Online it's said that in Age 851, Mira and the Time Breakers destroyed New Namek. Age 851 is the year between Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2, it certainly makes sense for that to have happened.
No, each version has the Time Patrol with a first encounter, learning who the villains are, their names, some amount of their plans, etc. You can try and force them together if you want; no one will stop you. But it's clear there's no intended, official continuity as of yet.

(We'll see what happens when Fu appears in UM1 after XV2, since they noted he's from there. We'll learn if it was an in or out of universe reference.)
Now, I discovered that one time in Xenoverse 2, Chronoa told Elder Kai that Towa and Mira were demons from the far future. This may imply that Towa and Mira are not originary from Age 850 and Age 852 but came there from the future. What do you think?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:14 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I was more of the impression he just doesnt know of Blue, or in this sense, something 'beyond god.'
It was just a preview, we'll have a better understanding once the chapter proper comes out.
I do wonder though with Xeno Goku what makes is ssj4 so special, given Chronoa has apparently forbidden him from using it if the translations I've seen are accurate. Perhaps its to avoid giving main timeline goku ideas that throw that history out of whack?
I'm going to guess it's just a matter of pure power: if a SS3-level being can scream a hole in space-time, I guess using a much more powerful SS4 from a different space-time actually fighting seriously in an already weakened space-time might potentially cause quite a mess. Didn't SS4 Bardock, "a warrior that shouldn't exist", appear after Goku:Xeno went SS4?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Ricardolindo wrote:Now, I discovered that one time in Xenoverse 2, Chronoa told Elder Kai that Towa and Mira were demons from the far future. This may imply that Towa and Mira are not originary from Age 850 and Age 852 but came there from the future. What do you think?
This is simply Dimps following Dragon Ball Online's plot. It was said Mira came from the future there as well.
ankokudaishogun wrote:Didn't SS4 Bardock, "a warrior that shouldn't exist", appear after Goku:Xeno went SS4?
No explanation/little story was given to him. Which means Bardock achieving Super Saiyan 4 form is another case of pure what-if, just like the what-ifs from 2011 to 2015, when the game didn't have a story yet. I think it's better to say that the Bardock who got Super Saiyan 4 was the regular one, not the post-Time Breaker one and not Xeno Bardock.

And where did you get the "a warrior that shouldn't exist"? :eh:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Grimlock wrote:
This is simply Dimps following Dragon Ball Online's plot. It was said Mira came from the future there as well.

Hasn't DB Online been removed from canon by now? Why do people keep bringing it up? The game closed down in 2011, GT doesn't exist in that game and its story contradicts much of Super. Xenoverse basically replaced it.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Ricardolindo wrote:Now, I discovered that one time in Xenoverse 2, Chronoa told Elder Kai that Towa and Mira were demons from the far future. This may imply that Towa and Mira are not originary from Age 850 and Age 852 but came there from the future. What do you think?
ankokudaishogun wrote:Didn't SS4 Bardock, "a warrior that shouldn't exist", appear after Goku:Xeno went SS4?
No explanation/little story was given to him. Which means Bardock achieving Super Saiyan 4 form is another case of pure what-if, just like the what-ifs from 2011 to 2015, when the game didn't have a story yet. I think it's better to say that the Bardock who got Super Saiyan 4 was the regular one, not the post-Time Breaker one and not Xeno Bardock.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3eBfti ... e=youtu.be[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Burdock - Hey, come at me like you mean it!

----------

Burdock - Tsk, we'll settle this later!

Trunks: Xeno - Burdock-san! ...He left.

Time Kaioushin - It seems that, because of Dark Shenlong, there has been a spacetime division and warriors that originally couldn't have existed end up drifting to this world.

Trunks: Xeno - It can't be... What will happen to this world from now on...

Time Kaioushin - Don't give up! Trunks! You will protect this world!

Trunks: Xeno - Yes! You're right, we can't give up here... Ok, we definitely won't give up hope until the very end![/spoiler]
[spoiler]viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16328&hilit=Super+ ... start=9280[/spoiler]

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:34 pm

kn83 wrote:Hasn't DB Online been removed from canon by now?
There is no canon in Dragon Ball, and even if it did, there's not much impacting Dragon Ball Online enough to be "removed from canon".
kn83 wrote:Why do people keep bringing it up?
Because it's the best piece of work in this franchise.
kn83 wrote:The game closed down in 2011
It actually closed in September 2013.
kn83 wrote:GT doesn't exist in that game
So? What's your point here?
kn83 wrote:and its story contradicts much of Super.
It really doesn't. After all, the only "major" thing (minor I would say) diverging between Dragon Ball Online and the series is that Goku's a baby in the game and a three-year-old in the manga. But this is pretty much a retcon. But if you want to disregard the entire game for this alteration, then you may want to disregard the entire Dragon Ball manga because Toriyama retconned Buu's origins as well.
kn83 wrote:Xenoverse basically replaced it.
I'd say Dragon Ball Online is irreplaceable. The amount of awesome content it brought is something that not even a new series nowadays could ever dare to bring (I'm looking at you, Dragon Ball Super).
Steven Bloodriver wrote:[spoiler]Burdock - Hey, come at me like you mean it!

----------

Time Kaioushin - It seems that, because of Dark Shenlong, there has been a spacetime division and warriors that originally couldn't have existed end up drifting to this world.

Trunks: Xeno - Yes! You're right, we can't give up here... Ok, we definitely won't give up hope until the very end![/spoiler]
Oh, yeah. I had forgotten this. Still, this doesn't mean what I previously had in mind. It just means Bardock couldn't exist/be in Conton City/Time Nest that Trunks and Kaioshin of Time were, not that it's impossible for Bardock to achieve Super Saiyan 4, which was my original thought.

~ Day of the Machines ~

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Grimlock wrote:
kn83 wrote:Hasn't DB Online been removed from canon by now?
There is no canon in Dragon Ball, and even if it did, there's not much impacting Dragon Ball Online enough to be "removed from canon".
kn83 wrote:Why do people keep bringing it up?
Because it's the best piece of work in this franchise.
kn83 wrote:The game closed down in 2011
It actually closed in September 2013.
kn83 wrote:GT doesn't exist in that game
So? What's your point here?
kn83 wrote:and its story contradicts much of Super.
It really doesn't. After all, the only "major" thing (minor I would say) diverging between Dragon Ball Online and the series is that Goku's a baby in the game and a three-year-old in the manga. But this is pretty much a retcon. But if you want to disregard the entire game for this alteration, then you may want to disregard the entire Dragon Ball manga because Toriyama retconned Buu's origins as well.
kn83 wrote:Xenoverse basically replaced it.
I'd say Dragon Ball Online is irreplaceable. The amount of awesome content it brought is something that not even a new series nowadays could ever dare to bring (I'm looking at you, Dragon Ball Super).
Steven Bloodriver wrote:[spoiler]Burdock - Hey, come at me like you mean it!

----------

Oh, yeah. I had forgotten this. Still, this doesn't mean what I previously had in mind. It just means Bardock couldn't exist/be in Conton City/Time Nest that Trunks and Kaioshin of Time were, not that it's impossible for Bardock to achieve Super Saiyan 4, which was my original thought.
You obviously have some bad taste because DB Online was a very mediocre game with mediocre character designs and mechanics (no wonder it got shut down and forgotten by Toriyama). Xenoverse and Heroes takes everything that it introduced and makes them so much better and freshed out. DBFZ, Budokai 3, Super Dragonball Z and Tenkaiichi 3 are all also much better games and I can think of much more interesting DB stories than the one in DB Online (the entire original manga, the 2 TV specials and Goku Black arc being the most obvious examples).

Claiming the series has no canon is just as stupid as claiming Toriyama said "power levels are bullshit". Anyone could logically see that canon Dragonball is the original manga, DB Kai, and DB Super (plus the upcoming Yamoshi movie). GT and the first 13 Z movies were explicitly stated to be alternative dimensions or timelines by Toriyama himself and the Daizenshuu guides. Why people still debate time is beyond me smh.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Grimlock wrote:

There is no way Dimps is following DB Online's plot if GT content (like SSJ4) doesn't exist in DB Online's setting. Logic 101

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:35 pm

kn83 wrote:You obviously have some bad taste
I don't think you are an important person (even if you were) to judge that someone else has "bad taste".
kn83 wrote:Anyone could logically see that canon Dragonball is the original manga, DB Kai, and DB Super (plus the upcoming Yamoshi movie). GT and the first 13 Z movies were explicitly stated to be alternative dimensions or timelines by Toriyama himself and the Daizenshuu guides.
The bolded part is your "headcanon" not supported by anything official, there's no statement from anyone.

Taking place in another dimension also doesn't necessarily mean it's not canonical, in the sense that those events didn't happen (they just didn't happen in the main continuity, but they still happened nonetheless). And because Dragon Ball has no official canon established indeed, one can consider the movies and Dragon Ball GT as part of their "headcanon" just fine and no one is in the right to show up out of nowhere to say that the way they prefer to enjoy the franchise is wrong.
kn83 wrote:There is no way Dimps is following DB Online's plot if GT content (like SSJ4) doesn't exist in DB Online's setting. Logic 101
I didn't say Dimps is following the entirety of Dragon Ball Online's plot, I meant that specific plot point (Mira comes from the future) comes from Dragon Ball Online, which is a fact. Please improve your reading skills.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Ricardolindo

Post by Ricardolindo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:52 pm

Grimlock wrote:
What about a more deep in universe explanation?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:16 pm

What more do you want? It is an in-universe explanation. They came from the future, that's all we can take out of that sentence. Both games don't add anything else to that.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:37 am

Given how this stuff always works, I presume there's probably nothing we didn't already learn from the game itself. But figure I'd double check on what it says about the story:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)