"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: Ah dark, edgy redesigns. It's like being back in the 90s, so nastalgic. Also these guys might want to hide befor SS4 Goku finds out they nicked his eyeliner.
I'd say they look like TOEI would let stereotypical DBZ fanboy redesign them for GT because first dragons were too "comedic and DB" for this target and less "dark and DBZ".
And here they look pretty dark and if you didn't know them already you wouldn't guess they are known from this:
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:34 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote: Ah dark, edgy redesigns. It's like being back in the 90s, so nastalgic. Also these guys might want to hide befor SS4 Goku finds out they nicked his eyeliner.
I'd say they look like TOEI would let stereotypical DBZ fanboy redesign them for GT because they were too "comedic and DB" for this target and less "dark and DBZ".
And here they look pretty dark and if you didn't know them already you wouldn't guess they are known from this:
While I will say the did rip-off Piccolo spawn a bite I always liked these guys, hell I once even commissioned The-Devils-Corpse to do fan art of one for me.

Super Qi Xing Long (SS4 Goku Absorbed)

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:42 pm

I wonder if he has any chance of appearing in his other forms because his true form isn't the most known and was weak.
And if they wanted to make them all in their natural forms then well, Oceanus should be ugly (although her pretty form isn't really a transformation but a technique she can use anytime so i guess this exception makes sense).

DBH manga went lazy and when Naturon absorbed someone he looked the same as he did after absorbing Pan.
I'm not really sure if it's how it works (the same goes for your pic). It was never explained and his form didn't really resemble Pan but he looked different when he absorbed mole, so logic says he should look different depending on who he absorbs.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:42 pm

Movie nonsense aside that we unfortunately have to deal with from now on, let's get down to what really matters:

Information on SECs seems to have already leaked, it's going to be Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan with Kaio-Ken Vegetto, Super Saiyan Cumber and Android 21 (with the CAA transformation, which is terrible because she already has a card that allows her to transform). They're gonna waste a SEC spot that should be for Ozotto for another Android 21 card, too bad. Anyway, we shall see if Heroes also brought Ozotto's transformation.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:24 am

Well guys Heroes is coming to America for the first time ever http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/news/130.php

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:06 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:Well guys Heroes is coming to America for the first time ever http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/news/130.php
*Cries* Yeah, cus fuck the UK!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:50 am

shadowmaria wrote:All this new stuff, and S/DBH still hasn't given us Super Saiyan Pan :problem:
Give me super saiyan Pan and Bra plz.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 am

RichardKing2 wrote:Cute. Another comedian who wants to say his piece. As if we didn't get enough of that from those summary "translations" of the SDBH manga a few posts ago :roll:

The designs themselves are okay. Wouldn't say they are "edgy". Could have been more creative, but they'll do. Better than how Demigra made the characters look in XV1, in my viewpoint. The person with the most drastic change in looks is Syn, though I kinda like the new design on him.
even then, the only reason his looks so drastic is because he was so white in the original series and with everyone getting a grey overtone, he has nothing colour to not make him look like his palette got partially inverted.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:48 am

I like how Goten gets potential unleashed, even if it was blatantly to just not give him a new hairstyle...

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:18 am

shadowmaria wrote:All this new stuff, and S/DBH still hasn't given us Super Saiyan Pan :problem:
Yeah. It's really wierd they did nothing with her, especially with female characters being minority in DB.
If not Pan SSJ then at least Pan Xeno, anything.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:25 am

I think at this point they are just waiting until Toriyama gives Pan something.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Yeah. It's really wierd they did nothing with her, especially with female characters being minority in DB.
I suppose its wanting to not promote GT too much and focus on new content like the xeno versions. but xeno pan should be a thing

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:12 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
I suppose its wanting to not promote GT too much and focus on new content like the xeno versions. but xeno pan should be a thing
They already promoted GT many times:
-Bardock got SSJ4 recently. Gohan and Broly have it for long time.
-Mira's form is obvious reference to SSJ4 and had 3-sided fight with Goku SSJ4 and Broly SSJ4
-Baby Hatchiyack and Baby Janemba are a thing
-Baby Trunks got new form
-Super 17 got 3 new forms (for a character that was a thing for 4 episodes)
-4 out of 7 dragons got new forms
-Now all of them have new forms again.

But even then they never did anything with Pan. Not even a SSJ.
Even Xenoverse tease it with Pan saying that she would look cute with blonde hair.
Maybe it's because female SSJ weren't a thing until DBS came but Note already was SSJ for a long time before that.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:33 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
They already promoted GT many times:
-Bardock got SSJ4 recently. Gohan and Broly have it for long time.
-Mira's form is obvious reference to SSJ4 and had 3-sided fight with Goku SSJ4 and Broly SSJ4
-Baby Hatchiyack and Baby Janemba are a thing
-Baby Trunks got new form
-Super 17 got 3 new forms (for a character that was a thing for 4 episodes)
-4 out of 7 dragons got new forms
-Now all of them have new forms again.

But even then they never did anything with Pan. Not even a SSJ.
Even Xenoverse tease it with Pan saying that she would look cute with blonde hair.
Maybe it's because female SSJ weren't a thing until DBS came but Note already was SSJ for a long time before that.
I think you've missed my meaning.

Generally, GT isnt pushed that much, in favour of new stuff like super since it's release. Yeah you can go back years with that list, but in general we get a new super saiyan 4 only to stop handing out god mode to people who might get it in the currently running new properties like Super and the movies.

I suppose they want to focus on new what if content with GT at best, but I dont believe Pan was all that liked, so perhaps that is a factor?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:13 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
We're going to get Ultimate Pan before any Super Saiyan form

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:36 pm

Who cares about Pan, really. I bet she's not more popular than Videl for example.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:25 pm

Vegetto's card leaked earlier than the others. Or I simply can't find them. Anyways, can someone translate the name of his technique?

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:08 pm

Grimlock wrote:Vegetto's card leaked earlier than the others. Or I simply can't find them. Anyways, can someone translate the name of his technique?

That definitely looks like MUI on the back. Seems to be the same shade as when MUI Goku leaked

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:33 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Vegetto's card leaked earlier than the others. Or I simply can't find them. Anyways, can someone translate the name of his technique?

That definitely looks like MUI on the back. Seems to be the same shade as when MUI Goku leaked

Goku's hair turned whitish after using Kaioken x10 Super Saiyan Blue